Episode 7x10 - 'The DeLuca Motel' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Dec 5, 2008.

1. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

He did say mami....my heart just about melted... :adore:

I wanted to cry for him when he was talking to his mother about his arrival to the US. When he said that he had heard it 100 times and each time it changed, he looked so upset, I just wanted to hug him.

I am getting more confused by the minute. Which is not really good considering that I am easily confused, especially these days....:guffaw:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  2. Evil Giddy

Evil Giddy Victim

::delurks:: Hi. I'm delurking to finally join the group after reading your lively and enthused postings for a while. I hope to add to the conversation as best I can.

I thought this episode was really interesting, but I really don't know where they're going with it. Talk about a can of worms for Eric. He needs to keep the knowledge of that birth certificate under his mattress because if Stetler finds out, Eric's going to be arrested for fraud and immediately deported. Even letting Horatio know might not be such a good idea at the moment until he can figure out how best to broach it. Sticky sticky mess.

By the way, that birth certificate was insane. WHO failed Spanish 1 that they spelled "nacimiento" wrong? Not to mention Cuban birth certificates looking nothing like that. The look of the certificate is nitpicky, only Cubans could probably point that out and whatever on that, but the typo made me shake my head. There was a major close-up on the thing! It's not like no one would notice.

Some folks have also asked why Eric would be so...tan if his father is Russian and his mother is Cuban. Look up Gregor Mendel and that should explain everything.

I liked the fact that Ryan was concerned for Eric, and asked him difficult questions. I also thought it was lovely that Calleigh is in on Eric's problems. I think them sharing the secret of Eric's notes brought them even closer. It stands to reason that if you share a major secret with someone, other secrets become easier to tell.

Next week looks really good. As much as I enjoy the quieter moments of character insight on the show, I'm never opposed to watching stuff get blowed up real good. :p

3. symbeline

symbeline Witness

Yeah, I forgot that one. At first I thought it was in Brazilian, but then I remembered they were Cuban so it's probably a typo. Any Cubans in this forum who can enlighten us? Is 'certificación' the right word here? In Spain we say 'certificado de nacimiento' not 'certificación' but there are so many differences between the Spanish speaking countries that I wouldn't be sure if it's another typo. :shifty:

Also, if you look at the close-up it says 'LEY Nº 73 DE 4-8-94'. Now, I'm not a law expert but if this means that the law that it's printed in Eric's authentic birth certificate was approved in 1994... you do the math :guffaw::guffaw:

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I didn't notice it at first 'cause I watched the episode very quickly
    1) "Certificacion de necimiento" is completely wrong : problems with both spelling of "Nacimiento" (IDK which lagnuage has the word "Necimiento) and the lack of accent in "Certificaciòn" since it's an acute word.
    2) IDK if they use "cerficiaciòn" or "certificado", though I think it's "certificado" also in Cuba.
    3)Is it really a birth certificate? 'cause mine doesn't look like that. Even if I know they're different in every county, this certificate is just odd for me.

Well I guess Eric was born in 1995:guffaw:, and I thought I was bad in math.
    Seriously, who wrote that "certificate"???
    I'm not a law expert, but, seriously I've never heard about something like this.

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

That bike thing, the Spyder, was awesome. I'd enter to win one, but as I'm only 16 and would never be allowed near it, I'm not going to bother. :lol:

I liked the episode... I kind of wish Calleigh had talked to Eric a little more, and that Natalia had at least mentioned being curious if Eric was okay. Natalia should've gotten Tara's line... it would've made more sense for someone that's known Eric for longer than five episodes to be worried about him...

Wow, the birth certificate is really that bad? Whoever made it must not have realized just how much CSI fans notice things. Even though some of the mistakes seem somewhat obvious, so other ones aren't. You'd think the art/prop department would pay more attention to things like that. ("My birth certificate's a fake." "You didn't notice that the first time you looked at it?")

6. symbeline

symbeline Witness

You don't have to use accents if you write in caps. When I was in school it was a grammar mistake to do so but since then it has changed and now the norm says you can write caps both with or without accents. But when Eric was born you had to use accents in caps, at least in Spain, so this birth certificate is definitely a mess :lol: :lol:

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Ok everything's been said :lol: I really, really love Eric so I enjoy every storyline he gets and this one didn't dissapoint. Also thought he did wonderful throughout the episode.

I guess I'll just mention what I really, really liked cause I thought this was a GREAT episode.

-Eric's scene with his mom almost made me cry. It was sooooooo sweet and well played out. I loved it. And yes he did said Mami, spanish, not mommy.
    -Ryan and Eric's banter. Thought it's great that their relationship is getting better. Though I didn't like when he said something about gambling. Was he asuming Eric was gambling? I didn't hear that very well.
    -Frank and Calleigh :lol:
    -Calleigh's face when the girl hugged her. Her walls are really coming down. I love how they are giving her character continuity on this.

Oh and I really enjoyed the music throughout the episode. :)

Great episode :thumbsup:

8. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

This one was pretty cool. I want a soundtrack with all the songs they used in this episode! Hopefully I can find some cool Cuban music when I go to Miami in the spring.

I laughed and almost cried in this one.
    Calleigh's scene with Frank was hilarious. I wrote their lines on my fridge LOL

I almost cried when Eric was talking to his mom. I figured someone would talk about the different between mommy and mami on here and I was right.

I was soooo mad at that chick who was after my Delko!!!

I love Eric's car!

Did anyone else have a commercial for that motorcycle thingy right after CSI went off last night? Wasn't it called a Can-Am Spyder or something like that?

9. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh well that's what I remembered of my old years of Spanish, which was lots of years ago :p. Thanks for clarifying it;)
    Rule or no rule this certificate is everything but a possible official document :lol:, it's just a mess as you said.

10. Evil Giddy

Evil Giddy Victim

You're exactly right, symbeline. "Certificado de Nacimiento" is how it appears on the certificates. I'm eyeballing one right now. It looks like any birth certificate you've seen save for the Spanish and the Cuban seal on it. Poor Eric. His birth certificate (or "borth" certificate if we're running with the translation typos) looks like a quit claim deed. :(

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Wouldn't that mean that Eric was younger than Ryan? Cause Ryan was supposed to have been born in 81, I think. :lol:

No, he was saying that when he himself was gambling that he knew how to hide things and therefore he knew Eric was lying cause he'd lied a lot back when he himself was gambling. It was really more of a comparisson of scenarios.

I kind of chuckled when Ryan took that piece of paper. I just kept thinking that I didn't know why Eric was keeping them all in the dark as he had to know they'd find out or look into it until they did find out what was going on. :lol: Him keeping that from them was kind of pointless. :lol: I did like Ryan's concern though. I liked it a lot. It's nice that the writers did it that way.

12. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

Really like this episode for the way it started so differently-a little pre-murder scene-who was where doing what and then all *&%$ breaking loose and conveniently a CSI team member hanging out to witness and take part. I mean if that poor Frat kid hadn't gotten accidently shot then the hit chick would've succeeded-I'm sure Eric is double checking his accidental death benefits package about now. Loved the tender scene with his 'mami' he is the only boy-I grew up in South FL and Cuban boys love their mama's like crazy-utter devotion and concern. The look on his face like hello, mom I ain't 5 no more and you gotta come up with a better birth story by now.
    Cool bike-good promo since they showed the commercial for it right afterwards. Nice that the team hadn't known what it was yet-difficult to keep up with all the new gadgets and toys isn't it?
    Loved that Horatio took over the questioning of the bar tender-he was concerned about Eric but like that Horatio didn't like Ryan for the first few sentences as if he thought Ryan was bringing stories and getting into Eric's business. Good to see the team concerned and coming together-profesionally and personally.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Okay, this is kind of weird, but I just realized something. The motel Eric was staying in was called the Deluca. Well, Adam was on Roswell where there was a character with the last name of Deluca. :lol: I can't believe I didn't realize that until now. haha.

By the way, I did like that Ryan went to Horatio with his concerns for Eric rather than investigating it himself. That was a nice touch.

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Oh ok thanks! :thumbsup:

I too liked the opening sequence. Them just living their lives and doing normal activities is great to see. Oh and the fact that these were not rich, spoiled people was really refreshing.

15. delkosgirl88

delkosgirl88 Hit and Run

I honestly did not pay any attention to the birth certificate. Though now I'm gonna re-watch this episode and pay close attention.