Episode 7x10 - 'The DeLuca Motel' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I really liked this episode. :) Although I have to admit, I was busy cooking perrogies while it was on so I actually didn't catch a good 25 minutes of it - missed the good parts with Ryan/Eric, Calleigh/Tripp and the girl who had her man in the bathtub - so my thoughts probably won't be too detailed.

But despite the parts I missed, I still liked the episode. It was strong all around. :)

Loved the beginning scene, like was mentioned above, they seem to be switching things up this season with their opening sequences which is awesome. Finally, we're seeing regular people in regular situations. Having stayed at a motel like that before, I was feeling for Eric when he looked down at the gross coffee from the outdoor machine. :lol: It was cool seeing all of those things happen at once before the shooting started.

Ha. Brass' daughter a.k.a Meg from Supernatural. I totally knew she would be evil. :devil: She does it so well.

Loved Calleigh's interaction with the pregnant woman. It's awesome having the CSIs relating to people and going out of their way to make sure everything works out when it needs to. I had a definite 'awww' moment when the girl was given the money her boyfriend (husband? can't remember) had reported.

The whole situation sort of reminded me of 'The Oath' when Calleigh investigated Anna's case with the abusive man. (It was on A&E today so it immediately came to mind) It's always a real treat for me to see Calleigh's softer side show through. Kickass Calleigh is great but I'm a huge fan of soft-hearted Calleigh.

I'm not sure what to think about the Eric's parentage storyline, despite the fact that his Mom was introduced--which a lot of us have been waiting for, for some time. It could go either way so I'm hoping for the best.

Oh and I thought I had heard 'Mommy' too for a minute. :lol:

By the way, Eric has a nice ride. :drool:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  2. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Two questions here, maybe it's cause I'm still new to the show but....

1) Why does Eric's real dad want to kill him? I know his mom said he's a bad man but....

2) Wasn't Marisol Eric's big sister? Or did I misshear that part a few seasons back? If she was, where was she supposed to be during this 'freedom from Cuba' ride?

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

They keep changing the order of births of Eric and his sisters. Once he was the oldest, then the youngest and now it sounds like he's the oldest again. :lol:

4. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Liked all the opening stuff. It's nice to finally see a glimpse into their 'outside the lab' lives.
    Not sure that I ever though about what kind of car Eric drives but a G8.....fits him.

5. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I knew that I forgot to mention something last night. I loved his car!

I was really hoping for more between Eric & Calleigh, but the fact that she knows him well enough to know that something is going on with his family says a lot (well to me it does)

6. Megan930

Megan930 Rookie

I really liked this episode. Loved the interaction with Cal/Eric. I loved when Cal asked him what he was doing in a motel and he said that he was waiting for her to ask. Hopefully we will find out why Eric's dad wants him dead.

7. delkosgirl88

delkosgirl88 Hit and Run

I'm not sure where Marisol or Eric's other sisters were during the freedom ride. In Wet Foot, Dry Foot (season 1) it was said that Eric's parents and sisters, including Marisol, came over from Cuba while Eric's mom was pregnant with him. So that would have made him the youngest. But this episode, it seemed as though Eric was the oldest. I'm confused now. :confused:

I really liked the interactions between the team in this episode. The entire team seemed really concerned for Eric, which I loved. :adore: At first, Ryan annoyed me because he seemed nosy. When I realized that he was just concerned about Eric I wasn't annoyed anymore. I'm glad that those two are friends now, since they obviously were not friends when Ryan first became a CSI. Though I wonder, as someone else pointed out, why wasn't Natalia asking about Eric? I'm sure that she was concerned for him as well.

The scene with Calleigh and Frank in the hotel room cracked me up. :lol: Frank was quite obviously uncomfortable, while Calleigh didn't seem bothered a bit. I also loved how Calleigh helped the pregnant lady after her boyfriend died.

I also loved the scene with Eric and his mom. I do wonder about what happened between Eric's mom and his birth father. His mom didn't say much other than 'he was the boss at her factory. it was a mistake. he was a bad man' Then she pretty much wanted him to drop it. I also wonder why his father wants him dead.

That being said, this was a great episode, definitely one of my favorites. Now though, I must finish studying since my finals are tomorrow. :(

Adios

8. Taylor PR Rich

Taylor PR Rich Civilian

Glad you liked the bike - it's a BRP Can-Am Spyder. I'm on their PR team. You can see more of the Spyder and enter to win one at Link removed by Mod Of course, test rides are always free ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2008
  9. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Ooooo hadn't thought about this. What effect will this have on Eric's citizenship? His fake certificate was obviously US. But he's not a US citizen.

Interesting possible repercussions here.

10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

The episode, I have to say, was pretty good;)

Loved the begining at the motel, it was a nice view of a side of Miami which hasn't been explored for a long time.

Eric lied to Horatio & Horatio knew it immediatly. If I had been him, I wouldn't have lied also considereing he's my brother in law. It was as if he didn't trust a memeber of his family...and no matter what the problem is Eric should have known he can always trust Horatio.
    Every memeber can trust him so I found it pretty weird Eric didn't do it lying to him.

One thing that I loved was how everyone was concerned about him.
    Loved Ryan at the beginning in Eric's room being sarcasting & then, obviously, showin how he truely was concerned.
    The fact he told about that piece of paper to H, IMO, was a very nice touch to show that Ryan is a honest people & when it's about friends ('cause now we're sure that he & Eric are friends) he wants to be sure to help them.
    I was expecting a concerned Calleigh & I loved the fact they showed it.
    Loved also Tara being concerned. Even if she's the last member of the team, she's part of it. I didn't find anything romantic in it, I just sure a honest concern which is always great. She showed she's not so cold as she may appear.

One thing that I didn't get was the complete absence of concern from Natalia. I mean she was his ex-girlfrined, she almost had a baby from him & she wasn't concerned. I just don't get. I don't blame Natalia's character, I think it's just odd from TPTB not to explore this thing.
    Also in "Man Down" she wasn't there at the hospital, something I'll never understand.
    My question is....did they change TPTB from s4???
    I'm not talking from a shipping POV, all I'm saying is that it's not normal the fact Natalia isn't concerned about a friends of her especially considering two facts:
    - he was her ex-boyfriend
    - she is a very emotional person.
    It's just off character, IMHO.

Can I say that Eric's mother was one of the cutest things I've ever seen on this show. She was just so natural & I have to say that I loved how she didn't get immediatly what Eric was going to tell her.
    Also loved her accent (it was just cute:lol:).

Now I guess we're gonna look for Eric's father, something which, honestly, I'm not looking forward it since I find the whole thing a little bit too soapy, though I'm pretty curious to know what the hell happend to Eric's father &, above all, what the hell will Eric do about the whole situation.
    As for his birth certificate I'm pretty sure it will create lots of troubles since he was born in Cuba & not in Miami, as we all knews. This is something which, definetly, I'm not looking forwarda. Sorry, but I don't want this kind of Eric's drama, again.

I also love the fact Horatio took Eric off the case. Seriously, it was the first time ever Eric has been taken off the case & I'm just glad it actually happend.

Now to the secondary case:p
    The scene in the vent was just hilarious. The boost thing reminded me a lot of "Going Under" & it was just hilairious in both cases :guffaw:
    F: Calleigh what happened to you, you freeze up?
    C: not me exactly
    This piece just cracked me up. The music, Callegih crawiling in the vent and this were just too much for me:guffaw:
    Also that girl cracked me up at first, but, then I just felt for her when she told the story, guess Calleigh felt the same.

Loved the fact she helped that woman, IDK she just deserved Calleigh's help & it was so nice to see Calleigh in this way.
    As Geni mentioned, it reminded a lot "The Oath" & I loved it.
    It was just lovely the hug the girl gave her after Calleigh handed her the envelope with money.
    I missed this side of Calleigh & I adore it.

PS: thanks HCrazy for the clips you posted yesterday :p

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, it actually kind of reminded me of Alexx's concern for them (especially for Ryan after the nail incident). There was nothing romantic sounding in Tara's voice at all.

12. shaggy2

shaggy2 Victim

I definitely agree this was the best episode so far this season! Eric and Horatio are always great together.

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Exactly, she's completely different from Alexx & the same as her, at the same time. Guess that's why I love her:p

14. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Oh boy... you've said it all!

Loved Calleigh's funny scene with Frank. Rex obviously likes to lift up Emily and obviously she doesn't care if he looks at her ass, niether does Calleigh.

Frank:Calleigh? Did you freeze?
    Calleigh: Not exactly (looking at guy in tub)

Calleigh was good with the pregnant girl, the 'aww' part was when she hugged her.:rolleyes: 'you dont have to thank me' Calleigh felt in the moment when she said that.

I like how everyone was in this to help out Eric. Especially Ryan, at first I hated when he took the piece of paper, but then it turned out good. U gotta luv Ryan. Tara was just being thoughtful when she asked Horatio is Eric was in danger and I liked it.

THE BIKE THAT RAYA HAD WAS MAD! That was sexy!

The beautiful scene with Eric and his mother. That was some goooood acting going on and the hug in the end was soooo sweet. And he DID say 'mommy'.:rolleyes:

I hated:

Natalia's purple thing, what was that? She could've worn the top alone.

Tara's hair was messed up!

that there was only few Cal/Eric scenes, but we'll get some more soon.

15. symbeline

symbeline Witness

I think he said 'mami', which is Spanish but it's more frequently used in Latin America than in Spain.
    I'm sure I heard it right because that's when I thought 'then his mother is the Cuban one'. ;)

I'm a bit confused about Eric's life and story line too :guffaw: