Locker Room #18: Danny/Carmine: Welcome to the Insane Asylum!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I can't believe no one's bumped this thread...what did you guys think of Carmine's performance in "The Box"? I thought he was very good...definitely a more muted reaction from Danny, but I liked that. Danny seemed to be in shock, quietly contemplating just how much his life is going to change! What did you guys think?

2. jolein

jolein Pathologist

I liked his performance although I have to admit that I don`t think it was one of his best.

The scene I really loved was when he was looking at the sonogram when the grandparents where being told about their granddaughter.
    I felt like something clicked with him at that moment

3. Ticamo77

Ticamo77 Hit and Run

I seriously want to hate this storyline, but Carmine is the saving grace for it. His performance in "The Box" was wonderful. Danny was very contemplative and much more mature than Lindsay expected him to have been. It was a perfect portrayal. There are loads of great dads with crappy baby momma choices. He made one. Carmine will do a great job at letting me forgive Danny. :lol:

I know that Carmine can carry this storyline and make it interesting, so I'm going to give it a chance. And Top41, that is the sound of my surrendering, even though it's after the fact. :lol: I'm going to just ignore what I hate about it and let Carmine run with the ball. What I've seen from him so far gives me confidence. Confidence of what? I'm not sure yet. :confused: But, I'm sure it will be tolerable.

4. lentus

lentus Victim

I love Danny and Carmine is great acting, but also to Anna. She measured the exact load of emotion and fear, knowing that Danny would want answers, get face to face with him. She wanted to cry and hold was very good. I hope more of her life, too, feel and think as the more openly. I want to see a confrontation of both Danny and Lindsay talking about everything they think and feel :thumbsup:

5. tiara4carmine

tiara4carmine Police Officer

In reference to the game pics above, Eddie sure isn't happy. And mummy and daddy obviously thought they'd better sit in the middle to seperate them (whoever they are). But Carmine's acting like nothing's wrong, except for that damn dalmation around his neck :guffaw:

6. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

The little hand touch at the end was actually very nice. It was just right for ending the episode. I thought it was kinda uncharacteristic of Danny. It wasn't a loud, over the top gesture. It was sweet and dare I say, tender, of him to show he was going to sort of "hold her hand" through the entire thing.

7. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

Just want to comment on the "Box" episode and D/L.

I might be reaping what you already said, but I'll just say it again.

I think Danny is doing a lot of growing up in this episode. Which was a bit surprising for me personally. I guess having a kid really does change things. I think the emotions were well portrayed. I kinda feel a bit of sympathy 4 Danny - he was kinda the last to know (so to speak).

I didnt like the fact that they left the episode with a mystery between the two. Danny is just going to have to accept the fact that this is happenning - and just deal with it, I guess.

P.S.

I just though it was so adorable the way he was looking at "first baby pic". It was just a big "Awww " moment. They are really cute together.

8. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I think Carmine did the best he could with what they gave him but for me the whole scenario didn't really work. Since the beginning of season 5 these two characters have barely acknowledged each others presence and now we are supposed the believe that they have been in a relationship all this time, I'm sorry but no, it's just not believable. I know Danny said things hadn't been the same between them recently but really, nothing in the other episodes indicated any relationship rocky or otherwise. So for all the acting was good the whole storyline just felt like it came out of nowhere and didn't sit with the rest of the season so far, it was just crowbarred in. Which is a big shame, if there had been some indications of a relationship in other episodes so it wasn't so left of field I probably would have come away thinking Carmine (and Anna, surprisingly) did an amazing job.

I thought Danny opening up to the parents was a bit weird but I suppose it was meant to be one of those situations where a simple question just opens the floodgates and it all comes out unintentionally.

And I really wish they would bring the glasses back! Maybe TPTB think Carmine looks hotter with out them but I seriously disagree:

[​IMG]

9. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

I kindda posted this in the WLMG thread but I'll post it here too. II kind of think its weird and I kindda don't that he shared with the parents. I mean for one it just doesn't seem like him to spill everything like that in front of strangers, but at the same time sometimes it's easier talking to people you don't know all that well about your problems because they don't really know you and can be a lot less judgmental than people you know. But that might be just me.

Also Poppet where is that picture/screen shot from?

10. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

Going back to the whole glasses convo - just found a tibit online, thought

you might be interested.......

"CSI crew and lead CARMINE GIOVINAZZO as Danny Messer hooked on La LOOP both on and off the set. La Loops are available at SF Optics." http://sfoptics.com/blog/?tag=carmine-giovinazzo

:p

11. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

I would have totally never thought that's what that was for! I just assumed it to be something he liked and picked up in his travels.

12. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

WhosLaughingNow I get what you mean about talking to strangers and from that side I can sorta understand, it's just these particular strangers have just lost their daughter and kinda have enough issues of their own without Danny unloading his on them aswell - it was a little unsensitive on his part which, IMO is somewhat out of character for him.

The screenshot is from the Season 4 dvd extra called Cutting to the Core - Carmine looks v. hot indeed in it.

13. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Some hi quality pics of Carmine.:)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks to Stolen-Glances.com

14. Ticamo77

Ticamo77 Hit and Run

Those are some great pictures! Just gorgeous. :drool: Thanks! :thumbsup:

Couldn't help but to notice though... his chest hair is growing back. Could we be in store for another topless scene, or just my wishful thinking. ;)

15. louise_dk

louise_dk Dead on Arrival

I am deeply sorry Carmine, but it was just too good to pass by...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The pictures have been made using Taaz.com - you just define the eyes, lips, face shape, eyebrow and you are ready to go...

It is really good if you want a cheap laugh :) I know I did ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.