Your Thoughts on the upcoming Danny/Lindsay development (SPOILERS!!!)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 12, 2008.

?

Is a D/L baby a good thing for CSI: NY?

1. Yes

89 vote(s)
    41.6%
  2. No

84 vote(s)
    39.3%
  3. I'm not sure yet

40 vote(s)
    18.7%
  4. No opinion

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  1. Ticamo77

Ticamo77 Hit and Run

Re: Your Thoughts on the upcoming Danny/Lindsay development (SPOILERS!

Well, if I'm going to have to see a positive in this whole storyline, I guess it will have to be reduced Lindsay Monroe on my tv. I mean, they are crime scene investigators and they use some pretty heavy duty chemicals and procedures in the lab to process evidence. That should reduce how much I see her, hopefully. :scream: (I know it's supposed to be a 'scream', but it looks like someone praying too.) :lol:

2. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

I hope they bring Louie back, even if he doesn't wake up from his coma. It would be just like Danny to bring his baby into the hospital to "meet" his big brother.
    I love Louie.
    "Run Silent" made me cry.

3. Lindsayrocks

Lindsayrocks Victim

Im new here and to csi ny i started watching the show when spiketv had its marthon a couple months ago. Lindsay is a great character and when i saw her in sleight out of Hand ep in season 3 i almost cried when she cried she is a good character and anna belknap is good actress she was awesome Medical Investigation. why is everybody being mean to her. i thinks its great that there puting the pregnancy intot the show it time for danny and lindsay to grow up and maybe find out about their personal lives outside of work. pregnancy happen even if its from a one night stand so actually realistic and this is the csi baby in the csi franchise so im excited whats going to happen. LC:)

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I just don't get why people keep saying having a baby is a way to "grow up." Thirteen year old children can become parents; having a baby has nothing to do with "growing up" or "maturing." As a matter of fact people who are immature or not grown up having a baby is more than likely to be disasterous than a good thing. I keep saying this, but it's true. A baby isn't a magic cure for personal faults and problems. If anything a baby will just add to the mess of an already messy situation.

I also keep repeating this, but evidently people don't get it so I'll say it again. Critiquing an actress' performance is not being "mean" to them. Also, it doesn't matter if Anna Belknap gave an Emmy worthy performance in MI. It doesn't matter if Anna Belknap is a master thespian when it comes to theater performances. I'm not watching MI and I'm not going to the theater. I'm watching CSI: NY and, IMO, on this show she is by far the weakest actor in the ensemble and the one actor who doesn't fit their role at all.

5. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

I don't think it's her acting that the problem.
    Lindsay has been plagued with bad writing, which over focuses on her "foreign" up bringing and a romance with Danny, and leaves her relationships with Stella and Flack dry.
    When I watch her earlier performances such as "Zoo York," I see a much more well rounded character then portrayed in the fourth season.
    I see her as bonding with both Mac and Stella in these earlier ones. Whereas later on, she is constantly bombarded with bad writing.
    Hopefully the baby will be a way to have her bond more with Mac and Stella, both of which look after Lindsay and Danny.
    Hopefully the baby will introduce more for the other characters to focus on instead of her being from Montana, or eating bugs, or shooting rocks with a make-shift slingshot!

6. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

I personally think it's more a yes she's given bad writing sometimes but so are the other characters. But everyone else seems to step up to the plate and perform so the writing doesn't look so bad. And I agree with PA, critiquing and actors performance isn't mean. Unless you go about it in a way where your intent is to clearly hurt someone. Acting isn't like science or math, it's very subjective.

To be honest the only part of this that I'm looking forward to is possibly getting to see Carmine holding a baby. Just because I think that will be ridiculously cute.:rolleyes:

7. Vertigirl

Vertigirl Hit and Run

so..here we are..a few days again and we'll see how danny will cope with the news!
    but..stupid question:
    how is it possible that danny has not yet noticed that lindsay is pregnant?​

8. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I am so excited about this baby!!!!! From what I can tell, I am in the minority and actually like Lindsay, so the idea of her and Danny having a baby together is like the greatest thing for me. I say bring it on! :)

In all honesty, if someone hadn't have told me that Lindsay was pregnant I wouldn't have noticed in the episodes. I'm just not tuned into those types of things I guess. And there are those women out there who claim they don't even realize they're pregnant until the go into labor. Don't know how that's possible, but that's what they say.

So, I suppose it is possible that Danny didn't notice, but I would think it's highly unlikely. Especially since they're CSIs and are paid to notice things. Also, they probably filmed this before Anna was too far along. But if Danny and Lindsay are out there having sex, then a baby might be something Danny'd be concerned about.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  9. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

In fairness I think we'll find out that Lindsay isn't supposed to be that far along in her pregnancy. Anna is without doubt further along than Lindsay will be, so even if you can see that she's pregnant, I don't think Lindsay is supposed to be showing. ;)

10. Ticamo77

Ticamo77 Hit and Run

I’m guessing the tv baby will show up during the season finale. Baby is born and we end the season on a good note? Whatever… :rolleyes:

I’m not going to get into women and our biology, but I think it’s plausible that she didn’t know that she was pregnant for a month or two. Stress and weight can jack things all up and it’s possible that she didn’t know that she was preggers. If they make her around 3 months pregnant now, Lindsay’s baby will be born in May/June and when Anna has her baby, that’s when Lindsay will be assigned desk duty or whatever.

What kills me is that during My Name Is Mac Taylor, Lindsay rolled her eyes at Danny when he arrived on the scene. (Take your time and watch it again ;)) Is she pissed off with him before she realizes that she’s pregnant? Does she suspect that she’s pregnant and it’s Danny’s fault? We all know that when something is wrong with her, it's his fault after all. :rolleyes: Like it’s his fault that he’s hot and she can’t carry condoms… Or, maybe that can of condom spray ran out. :guffaw:

11. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I didn't see it. She looked, then looked away again, not an eye roll. This -->:rolleyes: is an eye roll and I definitely didn't see that. :)

It does confuse me somewhat, that one of the reasons they've written the pregnancy in is so they don't have to hide it, but that in actual fact they do, as Lindsay is a few months behind Anna. I guess they could play catch up later on, but it doesn't seem as if they will as it aooears that Lindsay won't be on maternity leave when Anna is. I agree they will likely be looking at a season finale delivery alongside whatever case is going down at the time.

12. Ticamo77

Ticamo77 Hit and Run

Could have been the angle of the camera and the timing of her eye movement, but there was definately a look she gave to Danny that wasn't merely a look. Even if only for a second, there was something more.

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I missed the eye roll, too (will go back and look though) but one of the things that has characterized Danny and Lindsay's relationship has been extreme immaturity. Lindsay doesn't communicate with Danny, and then gets mad at him when he doesn't behave the way she expects. She felt he was pulling away, but rather than saying something to him about it, she bottled it up and then exploded at him about it after a minor incident. She's incredibly immature about their relationship, so I do expect her to "blame" him somewhat or in some other way hold him responsible or put him down in relation to the pregnancy. The adult thing would be for her to come to him and say, "I'm pregnant. I want to keep the child, and that's what I plan on doing. How involved do you want to be?" Some might say they should discuss what to do, period, but I'm a feminist, and I do think that decision is hers. ;) I hope the spoilers that have her literally running away from him and making assumptions about him have been changed, because to me that's more of the same.

I agree that Lindsay is probably behind Anna in her pregnancy is will probably deliver around May sweeps. And JB, good point--it seems like they put off the decision or made it suddenly (since prior to 509 there's nothing to indicate Danny and Lindsay are together), but the timeline is off. They can make her look more pregnant, but not less. :lol:

14. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I'm not sure that they have been changed. Judging by the promo, it certainly looks as though Danny is the one pushing her for answers and I'm assuming his scene in the street comes just after he spotted her in the clinic and she's obviously run off. I'm as fed up with the whole 'let's not talk about things' as the next person. But, in all fairness, I do think in this situation it may be justified (at least a little more than other situations). Pregnancy is a huge, huge deal for anyone, but particularly the woman. As you've pointed out, it is her decision to make and it's quite likely that she needed to make that decision without having to deal with Danny and his reaction. It's a shame though that we're not likely to see Lindsay grappling with that decision herself, as I'm sure if we did it might make some of her actions more understandable.

Exactly. Hence my confusion. :confused:

I agree that there was something about the look, I'm just not sure what it was though or whether it was anything significant. I just don't necessarily think that it's because she's pissed at him. It could've just been that he looked pretty in his yellow shirt. :lol:

15. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

I hope they don't make it so it's like two 16 year olds attempting to raise a child *facepalm*

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008