Emily/Calleigh #11 :The Divine Miss Em

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Florry86, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

Stand Your Ground is one of my favorite episodes and I absolutely love Emily Procter too :)
    In real life, she would get in trouble because there would end up being so many lawyers after her for what she did. I probably would have radioed in after my gun had been knocked out of my hand. (But that would make the episode not as interesting) sooo...
    In "Miami world" she felt like what she did was right; they threatened her and then came back around and tried to run her over, so she fought back.
    I don't think season 1 Calleigh would have done that, but as the seasons have gone on, there has been a definite development in her character and I LOVE it.
    I love the end where she stares that guy down and lets him have it!

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

You know SYG was one of those episodes which left me :wtf:.
    I've always known Calleigh as a strong, cheerful woman who didn't have any kind of problem except for her father.
    What they've been doing for these last two seasons was odd to me at first.
    Now I'm understanding it much better & I'm appreciating it much more than I did whene SYG first aired.
    Surely the s1-s2 Calleigh would have never done that thing & then wouldn't have acted as if she was convinced she was right.
    I mean technically what she did was completely wrong: she drank, she drove & she shot at least 3 times. Even the fact she was threatened couldn't justify her behaviour. But, this, IMO, was just the beginning of the new character development.
    I mean we didn't see any kind of development before, except for Duke, & withouth SYG and the other following episodes we couldn't have had the same Calleigh Duquesne we had in "All in" first & "Wrecking Crew" second.
    So while at first I hated SYG (though, I loved Emily's acting 'cause it was realistic even if the episode looked odd to me), now that I'm watching this new development I'm learing to enjoy it;)
    There problem of Calleigh's development was that it was very slow & maybe took a little bit too long, but you know Calleigh Duquesne is too strong so they had to kinda destroy her to reach their aim.
    Hopefull ending up in the hospital will be the last kick for the complete change of her character. Change which at first could have been considered weird (I'm one of thos people who didn't like it at first just 'cause I didn't understand it completely) & then could be just appreciated.
    I rally can't wait for this episode:p

3. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Ok so I wimped out and went to bed before the end...How did "Stand Your Ground" end? I know, I totally suck for not finishing it, but I had a drink w/ my Mum and I was sleepy from that...ok and the potato skins I ate ;P

4. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Yeah, about SYS. Calleigh said to Stetler that she "only had two mimosas", but driving after drinking two mimosas is illegal, so...

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh no worry;)
    Ok IDK which scene was the last one you wathced, but I can tell you that it ended with Eric telling her she was right about the fact they wanted her dead. When she thanked him he told her that actually was Jake who found out this thing (it was one of Calleigh's bullets in a tree confiriming that nothing was impeding the car of the two bad guys;))
    The she arrested the guy who survived & the episode ended with H visiting the little girl who was drugged:rolleyes:
    I guess it an episode with one of the worst possible endings ever.
    I mean I was so pissed off when I didn't see Calleigh in the last scene, instead there was this little girl...ok she was drugged, but come on she was part of the secondary plot:rolleyes:

Well, actually, everything she did was against the law. She drove when she was drunk & she shot at least 3 times, surely it's too much for self-defence, plus she could have easily tried to escape, maybe going into another shop of the street & calling for back-up ;)

6. Criminologist86

Flory86: Thanks :) I guess in Miami world life changes...obviously...LOL

Of course Calleigh would come out on top :) *YAYNESS*
    I was wondering about the drinking...but exactly what was her BAC at the time of the incident? Cos honestly, I mean, unless they reeeeally jacked those drinks up or she has a low tolerance for alcohol *raises hand* I highly doubt her judgement would have been impaired...plus if you are messed up from alcohol there is NO way you would have the brains to shoot at an oncoming car...You'd be too 'blaaaah'...trust me, I have been there ;p not proud of it, but have been...Anyways, thanks for telling me how it ended :) I feel MUCH better.
    Team Calleigh 4ever :)

7. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

Her blood alcohol level was .04 when she was talking to Stetler so I imagine around the time of the incident it was probably right around the legal limit. When you first see Calleigh you can only see her shoes (which are awesome by the way) and it looks like she's testing herself out to see if she can walk in a straight line.

Calleigh is really little - like @ 5 foot 3 inches so I imagine that it wouldn't take too many to make her feel the effects. She made a choice in the episode that could have really hurt her. But, like I said, Miami world is different than ours :)

8. Criminologist86

HA! I love how you love her shoes...I'm jealous of them too. She was on Rachel Ray's talk show once and she said her huge obsession is shoes; and she got a new pair for the season....LOVE Emily! Her and I would get along SO well ;)

Thanks for the info, ya'll! Go Team Calleigh

9. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

It's not illegal to drive buzzed, just drunk. So assuming Calleigh wasn't over the legal limit after two mimosas (which I doubt she was, even if she's tiny), it was perfectly within the law for her to get in that car. Not particularly SMART, but legal.

I don't think Calleigh would get in a car if she was drunk. Clearly she would if she was buzzed, but I think she's self-aware enough to stay away from the wheel if she was actually drunk.

10. Criminologist86

Technically buzzed driving is drunk driving....Your judgement is/can still be impaired and you are still very spacey...But this thread isn't called buzzed vs. drunk driving: is there a difference? so I'll get back to yammering about the beautiful Emily Proctor.

*squee* I looove Emily!

11. bulletgirl

bulletgirl Rookie

I agree, i doubt very much that she would get in a car drunk, she just doesnt look like the type to do something like that.

I so love her shoes to!:lol:. Shes just awesome!! Go team Calleigh!! ;)

Somewhereapart by the way i love your fanfics ;)

12. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Hey, guys, have you seen that spoiler video? It's cool, the only thing I mind is Calleigh's makeup. I run sometimes and I know that it's not very common to have makeup when you run... But she looks great!

13. Criminologist86

Marija: What video are you talking about? Nope, haven't seen it, but would looooove to! Yeah, I agree about the makeup; sometimes it's just totally not real life...Oh well, most TV isn't ;p

All Hail Queen Em! :p

14. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

The video is on the spoiler thread and the power trip thread too. Also...

Check out Eric shirtless in the extended promo

15. DuquesneDelko

DuquesneDelko Dead on Arrival

OK, so people keep talking about how great Eric looks in the promo on all the other threads so I came here to say how GORGEOUS Calleigh looks:adore: in the spoiler vid and promo!! I agree that she shouldn't be wearing the making she is but this is tv after all, so whatcha gonna do?:rolleyes:

Something for all the nice people here:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.