Greg & Riley #1- Grey: 'Cause He Thinks She's Lucky

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by GregNickRyanFan, Nov 7, 2008.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

When I first heard that Lauren Lee Smith was joining the show, I immediately thought "her and Greg would be cute together". But, I didn't know if the characters would mesh cause I hadn't at that point seen Riley yet. But, now...

After tonight's episode, I think Riley and Greg would be cute together. Their banter is very cute. Even though LLS said that she sees them more as brother/sister, I don't feel the same. Cause their banter tonight was not a type of banter I engage in with my brother :lol:. It's more the type I would have engaged in with a guy friend whom I saw as possibly some day being more than a friend.

I hope the thread title is okay. I was trying to think of a shipper name for them by combining their names and the only think I could come up with was Grey. GRE for Greg and Y for Riley. I know that the name Riley means valiant and Greg/Gregory means vigilant/watchful, but that doesn't help with a shipper name, so I just went with Grey. :lol:

If anyone has a better idea, I'm open to hearing it. :lol:

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Although I can't see myself as a Greg/Riley shipper I do think seeing these two on screen is going to be a lot of fun! They have great chemisty.

3. GregNickRyanFan

They do have nice chemistry. If they ever got together on the show (which they probably won't), I wouldn't want it to be any time soon. Maybe in a few years or something. But, I don't want them pining after each other off and on like Grissom and Sara did either cause then it just gets annoying. :lol:

4. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

They are cute together, though in more of the just-bantering-friends way. It's kind of like what Greg had with Sara, but better, since Riley seems like a lot funnier and a lot less restrained character. This would probably be one of my favorite het ships. As for ship names, the ones I had were:

RileyAdamsGregSanders = RAxGS = RAGS
    Greg+Riley = Gregley
    Greg+Riley+Adams+SanderS = Grass (and we do know Greg was a toker; Riley had that convo w/ Cath about finding weed in a drawer.)
    GReg +Riley = GrR = Grr OR GReg +Riley Romance = Grrr

5. GregNickRyanFan

You know what's funny? You can spell Adam Sandler with the letters in their names. haha! That just cracks me up.

Here's another one I came up with: Serenade. I could see Greg serenading someone he liked. :lol:

Greg Sanders Riley Adams = Serenade :)

6. happyharper13

Seriously?! That is soo awesome. I'm an NG shipper, but that fact alone definitely endears this ship to me. I can totally imagine both Riley and Greg watching some classic Sandler SNL skits back in the day -- Cajun Man, Canteen Boy, OperaMan and the like. Gotta love the Sandman.

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Here's a treat for you all. I captured this from Thurs ep.

Click me

8. GregNickRyanFan

Thanks, Wojo. Hmm... what's she looking at. :devil:

The scene with them last night was funny:

Greg: I let my fingers do the walking.
    Riley: What's that mean?
    Greg (laughs and does a cute little smile): Nevermind.

Haha, I totally had a Brennan/Booth moment there. Booth is always having to explain pop culture references to Brennan. So, Riley kind of sounded like Brennan there for a bit. :lol:

9. happyharper13

Lol. I totally know what you mean. Though Brennan tends to annoy me when she says stuff like that. Riley is less annoying and more amusing, IMO. I still can't believe she didn't know that though... She seems like a more very... dirty-minded character. Especially after the comment to Cath about the pot, I basically imagined Riley as the kind of character that would know most of urbandictionary by heart.

10. future_cop

future_cop Lab Technician

Very rarely do I venture into the shipper threads but GNRF ya snagged my interest.I Love the thought of Riley and Greg together and Grey seems perfect for it.I loved when they were searching the room and she asked Greg if he'd ever been tied up and to agree with both of you the scene from Thursdays ep was actually pretty hilarious to me when she asked what that meant.Who knows maybe TPTB will let something pursue.

11. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, considering that Greg flirted with Sara and wanted to ask her out only to lose her to Grissom of all people. I think it's time Greg finally got the girl. :D But, I think it should be developed slowly. Friends first then later down the line, maybe more. :)

12. future_cop

future_cop Lab Technician

I totally agree,it seems it always works out better on a slowly developing basis.
    Funny thing is I was thinking about the name Grey,and on a night out of bordem my mind bounced to this Greg & Riley-The perfect shade of Grey. Lmao.Random much.

13. GregNickRyanFan

Haha. I keep thinking about that Debbie Gibson song called "Shades Of Grey". :lol: I'm still laughing about Riley not knowing "let my fingers do the walking". It's so strange that she doesn't know that when she and Greg are probably close to the same age. I'm say Riley is probably no younger than 28. Greg is 33.

14. happyharper13

I had a poll for best Riley ship names up for the past few months on my FF account and am now taking the results down, but I felt like I had to share them here. ('Grey' wasn't on there though:() I'm including the Nick results here too, just so as not to have confusing numbers:

Greg + Riley = Gregley --> 6 votes (25%)
    Nick + Riley = Narley --> 5 votes (20%)
    Nick + Riley = Nickley --> 4 votes (16%)
    GReg + Riley = GrR = Grr --> 4 votes (16%)
    Greg+Riley+Adams+SanderS = Grass --> 4 votes (16%)
    GRegRileyRomance = GrRr = Grrr --> 1 vote (4%)
    Riley + Greg = Reg --> 0
    Nick + Riley = Nile --> 0

15. ashleymesser

ashleymesser Civilian

These two are grat together!:thumbsup: