NCIS thread #3 - Shutting up now, Boss

Discussion in 'NCIS & NCIS: LA' started by nattybatty55, Mar 10, 2008.

?

What should we call it?!?

1. Never mess with a Marine's coffee if you want to live

16 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. I need a coffee

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. On it Boss

28 vote(s)
    23.7%
  4. Ya Think?!

21 vote(s)
    17.8%
  5. Shutting up now Boss

40 vote(s)
    33.9%
  6. CSI! No the term's NCIS

12 vote(s)
    10.2%
  7. 'We just shoot men who are un true'

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  8. 'Gibbs, Caf-pow please!'

10 vote(s)
    8.5%
  9. 'Don't drop the boss' coffee!'

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  10. Gibb's Gang

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  11. Talking Jethro, and not the one from Beverly Hillbillies

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  12. There's more to CBS besides CSI

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  13. Never Be Unreachable

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  14. Never take anything for granted

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  15. Never date a coworker

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  16. Always work as a team

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  17. Never, ever bother Gibbs in interrogation

7 vote(s)
    5.9%
  18. 'How'd you get your boat out Gibbs?'

15 vote(s)
    12.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny Caine

Danny Caine Misha's Minion Premium Member

a bit ot but I'm 1yr older then Cote but Brian & Sean are 1yr older then me/2yrs older then Cote. lol

2. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

Happy belated Birthday you guys :) NCIS rocks :thumbsup:
    I was doing some googling and found a great interview from 2007 with the complete cast. I thought I might share for those of you who haven't seen it :) Enjoy!

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=h0HBEtT0X3w&feature=related
    http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=PbTQH6yey2k&feature=related
    http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=2iYcxDSNKdU&feature=related
    http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=tiMxY8rm8Ns&feature=related
    http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=E62VmH3K-9k&feature=related

3. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Although the story in tonight's epi was really good, I didn't enjoy the jumping back and forth in time at the beginning. And did anyone seriously believe Abby was not in on it from the start? She would make a great traitor, though, because no one would ever suspect her; she's so loyal.

Very disturbing piece of dialogue from tonight's episode:
    Secretary of the Navy, talking to Leon Vance:
    "When the vacancy was created [not “occurred”] at the top of your agency, so you could take over..." – not sure of exact wording of last half of sentence, but I definitely got the first part right!!! So SecNav and his associates had Jenny killed??? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: If I understood their meaning, and Gibbs finds out, well, those two are dead men.

And Vance's comment that Lee hadn't fooled one of them, I assume referred to Gibbs by the way he looked at Gibbs; Vance just can't apologize; that's not a good sign.

Being a big Battlestar Galactica fan, I loved McGhee's response to Jimmy Palmer's admission that he'd "dated" Lee: "Too bad your girlfriend turned out to be a Cylon." :lol:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  4. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

I would have thought the episode has aired in the US by now so I think I can just post this...

Just in case
    DO NOT CONTINUE IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED!!!!

To me this is deinately the best season of NCIS so far. The media is in a frenzy about the ratings but I mean comon! with storylines like this who isn't gonna want to watch!
    Gotta say the team trying to break in was quite funny especially Mcgee always sayin "Fire alarm" lol but I didn't expect there to be such a fight, considering both sides knew what was happening...
    Abby acting Hincky was wierd at first but I guessed Vance had her up to something untill I saw Gibbs reaction when she was positive for the substance. Then I was slightly where the heck is this going!
    And poor little Timmy so concerned about her then so happy when he found out!
    Tony and Ziva in the elevator OMG sexual tension anybody lol and "i'm fed up with pretending" ???? don't leave it there!
    Tony's little rant to Ducky and Gibbs was hilarious! Gibbs: "actually it was my plan, all of it" Tony: "well that makes it worse, alot worse!"
    Ahh Jimmy so in the dark tthinking no one knew about him and Agent Lee but I am soo confused with her storyline! I mean is Vance right? Is she playing the daughter card to work Gibbs and is really the mole or is she actually in danger of losing her daughter??? AAArrrgghhh great script writing is driving me crazy lol

OK that's me done
    \hope everyone is keeping well :)

5. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I think Jenny was killed by those guys coming after her and Gibbs and everyone else. It was created because she was killed. I don't think SecNav had anything to do with it... I think it was the op gone wrong. I looked at the "was created" as when she was murdered by someone else. I don't think the SecNav would really want that type of drama...

Fantastic episode last night. Really amazing. I think it's one of my favorites for the season. Loved the part where Tony flipped out in autopsy... I think it was amazing. Though the end moment in the car was slightly creepy... :lol: Awesome episode, though.

6. Della

Della Police Officer

...I need to ask a question....

First though, I basically dropped watching NCIS because I was sick to the teeth of there being a dodgy Director - we had an entire season of Jenny Shephard and her obsession with Le Grenouille - and her ending was the pits to be honest. Not because she died, I never liked the character so her death was a bit of a godsend for me, however, it was the surrounding events and how the writers tried very hard to manipulate me into thinking she was sacrificing herself for Gibbs, when in fact, because of the intro of her disease, I think she just committed suicide - because her taking out those bad guys didn't guarantee anything, and she knew it wouldn't. The thing is she could also have taken Franks down with her. NOT GOOD in other words and one of the main reasons why I stopped watching, as well as introducing a possible dark side concerning her replacement, Vance.

Now, however, I dunno, this Lee storyline sounds interesting, but it's the Vance character (the dodgy Director) which is making me think twice about getting back involved with NCIS again.

My question is, are they spending an awful lot of time promoting Vance's dodginess (like they did with Jenny's obsession when it came to Le Grenouille) or is it a subplot which can be ignored if the viewer is so inclined to do so?

...Any help would be gratefully received...

:)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  7. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

^ Uuuuuh.......sure, ignore it ;p

8. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Ok, so maybe I should contribute a wee bit more to this thread ;p

The tension between Ziva and Tony last night...um, WOW....that was an intense episode in and of itself, but add THAT in...WOW...Abby had me going for a while; I was like "NO way would she betray any of them" and come to find out, thankfully, I was wrong...More thoughts later....I need some more coffee. For real.

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Remember the time when it was on the verge of a soap? okay that was harsh but common I get drawing it out but they knew the who and they have caught a lot people before this whole thing, makes it look like they are all brand knew to the job. They know who it is but they can't catch her? then they catch her, and that should end the arc but wait it doesn't because they need to go one step further, oy I don't think the Ari eps went this far, but those eps mostly concentrated on Gibb's obsession and Ziva's secret.

As to the directors, I didn't mind Jenny all that much, but I preferred it when the director was less seen, and it was more about the team going in and solving the crimes and As to Vance I don't care for his "I'm in charge" attitude we had that with Jenny, so been there done that. But when they inject some humor in there he isn't too bad, its just to bad that its few and far between. I don't know what to make of Secnav's comment, other then the fact that some people phrase things differently, maybe to him "Created" and "occured" are the samething. He seemed devoid of any emotion so I am guessing to him Jenny's death was nothing more then an everyday thing and in talking to Vance he is saying that Jenny doing what she did created the job basically for him to advance.

As to Abby yep saw that coming a mile away, which I think we were suppost to cause as it was said, Abby is way to loyal to the team and not to mention chatty when she is nerves, so locking herself in her lab I think besides what she was working on, was another way to keep herself quiet, what got me is the fact that they dumbed down the team members, they had McGee believing Abby might be a mole, I know he tried to get her to admit it was all a misunderstanding and that she couldn't be, but still...

What was Tony ranting about being decieved, no no talking there, he did the samething to the whole team not too long ago with the help of another director, I don't care if the rant was at Vance or Gibbs or the elevator door, no no dear boy, how Gibbs didn't slap him during that or bring that up is amazing. It was a good episode but it lacked the team spirit that you see, it had its moments of a glimps but other then that it was devoid of I don't know the word I am looking for right now but Sense is a good one, the bouncing back and forth, Ziva just reacted? okay she is good for that but still you hear Gibbs yelling not to engage, they knew this going in and yet... either way I would give this ep a 7/10.

10. Della

Della Police Officer

^^ I don't know if you were answering my question Destiny, but either way, I'm very much appreciative of your indepth summary of this week's episode of NCIS. I think I'll still give the program a miss though because it seems that the reasons why I watched in the first place have not really returned.

By what you've written they still seem to me to be getting the Tony character all wrong and even though the team has returned and are working together, the 'team' aspect of the show still seems to be lacking.

Shame really because I adore Mark Harmon in the role of Jethro and Pauley Paurette as Abby and D-Mc as Ducky.

Dammit!

:)

11. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Criminologist86, you can edit your post up to 24 hours after posting it, so please use the edit button if you have something to add instead of double posting. Thanks. :)

Also, details about an episode are no longer considered spoilers once it has aired across all of the US. ;)

12. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

When I was editing, I forgot to remove the comma between "...top of your agency" and "so you could." The statement should read as one thought, making the whole an active voice thing. It truly came across as SecNav had the opening created so Vance could take over. Remember the shredding issue from the end of last season's finale. There's still something unresolved about Vance (and Rocky Carroll hinted, in an interview sometime back, that the document was something negative about Vance). Hopefully, Vance's mystery and the whole story behind Lee's actions will be resolved over the rest of the season. I see them stringing this out as long as possible, although they could be nice to us and do what CSI did with McKean: clear up the whole thing in the next episode. Yeah, right, and Jenny and Kate will miraculously be resurrected.

13. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

This was a great ep. Very good Tiva moments, I think if they stayed in that closet room a few moments longer the sparks would have been flying off :drool: Ziva showing her feelings for Tony in the elevator (somehow the elevator is back) when she heard the gun shot and thinking they had shot Tony was intense, but I feel this storyline is gonna be continued. Abby being involved in the set up from the beginning was fabulous, although a bit predictable when Abby closed her Lab(by) for everyone. I think she would have spilled the beans if she hadn’t :lol: And poor McGee, he was so concerned about her after she was arrested.
    Vance still gets on my nerves for some reason :confused: dunno what it is about the guy, maybe it’s the tooth pick:guffaw: Gibbs being Gibbs is always a pleasure to watch, nice to see some smiles on his face, he has the most beautiful smile:drool:All in all, I for sure can’t wait for the next ep. This isn’t over by a long shot.

14. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

SecNav said Vance basically begged him for the job... at least that's what I took from that scene (and I've already watched the episode 3 times, because I loved it that much). So, I think Vance has some sort of shadiness up his sleeve and wanted the job for his own personal reasons... maybe he really wanted to get rid of that paper in his file? But my theory is that Vance managed to convince SecNav to give him the director's position.

I agree with Tony, though. Didn't we get enough of the mystery, drama, lies, and all the other stuff he listed with the last administration?

15. DetHiggins

DetHiggins Police Officer

I thought the episode itself was fantastic. I loved Tony. He was so funny! And when he blew up in autopsy, that was hilarious! And then when Gibbs told him that it was really his idea, Tony's face was priceless! And my favorite line had to be "I suddenly see myself hanging from wires" or something along those lines. It was awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.