Grade 'Dead Inside'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 12, 2008.

?

How would you grade Dead Inside?

1. A+

16 vote(s)
    24.6%
  2. A

22 vote(s)
    33.8%
  3. A-

11 vote(s)
    16.9%
  4. B+

9 vote(s)
    13.8%
  5. B

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

This show definitely needs more manhugs. *woe*

2. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Thanks Fay! I thought I was alone in my thoughts. It's good to have company like you!

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

B

I almost feel like this episode should get a hybrid grade...A for the Flack storyline, D for the case. The case: cliched and icky. The less said the better.

I loved seeing the Flack family drama, and seeing a little chink in Flack's armor. He really is the strong stoic type, and he didn't fall apart (which, he's Flack, he's not going to), but you could tell what happened with Sam really got to him. I love how it was handled and thought the interactions between Flack and Sam were fantastic. I felt so bad for them both. Sam seems to be a sweet but misguided girl. I hope we see her again.

Did Sam's NY accent seem a lot heavier to anyone else this time around?

The kiss between Flack and Angell kind of came out of nowhere. I like them together because they've got actual chemistry, but I don't think a random kiss dropped in at a weird place was the right way to go.

Honestly, because I think Flack looks at Danny as someone he takes care of and protects and doesn't think that the reverse could be true. Flack doesn't think to lean on Danny because in Flack's mind, Danny leans on him and that's the way it goes. And to be fair, Danny looks pretty lost anytime Flack is out of sorts (think "Taxi"). Flack needs to rely on Danny more and Danny needs to show Flack he can handle it.

I totally thought what Flack had in his hand when he came to the lab calling "Danno, Danno!" looked like a bouquet of flowers. :lol: :p

4. FlackFan01

Top, are you referring to what turned out to be the hammer? I gotta go back and watch that scene again to see if I see the same thing you did! Of course, now that you mentioned it, I probably will see it!

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yeah! Because it was wrapped in plastic, and because of the way Flack was carrying it, it totally looked like a bouquet of flowers for a split second. :lol: Maybe just to me, but it did crack me up. :D

6. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I didn't interpret it as Flack not turning Danny, more of Danny rides motorbike and therefore is not as able to give him a ride as Angell who clearly has a car (Ride in the sense of a lift home anyway, I am sure Danny is very capable of helping Flack with other types of rides ;))

Also the way Flack kissed Angell and her reaction or lack of, I think was meant to suggest they are already in somekind of relationship that we just haven't seen yet.

7. FlackFan01

Naughty thinking. Now, why would Danny be able to do that, or why would he do that?! ;)

I thought something was going on, but wasn't really sure. Last night cemented that thought for me. Altho, she did smile, kinda like "Yeah, Flack just kissed me. Oh yeah!"

8. princes tamir

princes tamir Victim

Wow what a episode
    It was fast and smooth totally different after a slow ep 5.5 and 5.6

I totally love the development of the relationship with Flack and Sam. The drama just great i think it's for the first time we really see Flack hit emotinally after al he's most of the time the tough guy.

About Flack/Angell well it's understandable after what flack just found out about his sister, i think he just need someone how understands and support him. ok that happend to be Angell.
    And im not a Flack/Angell shipper but it feels oke

And i'm sure Sam is gonne worke out her problems after al she took a huge stape by admit that she is a alcoholic. So go Sam.

9. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Pretty decent episode. The case wasn't anything spectacular, it wasn't bad, but nothing about it stood out (although it was a creepy little twist, father and daughter unknowingly becoming embroiled in an online affair :wtf: ). And the long-suffering wife killing her cheating hubby? Yeah, pretty hackneyed.

Loved the Flack/Sam storyline, I'm so glad he's finally at the forefront, and it's always a plus seeing some personal background for the characters, and an even bigger plus, if it's family! :thumbsup: Flack totally rocks the Big Brother role (and I have to respectfully disagree with the earlier poster who said the "Bones" big/little sibling storyline was better; I didn't like that one at all, but I thought the NY one was excellent. Different strokes, I guess). :) Loved seeing Flack playing "Their Song" for Sam at the intercom, and him listening to her at the AA meeting. Great stuff, well written and acted, all around.

Adam and the veggie pipes :lol: That's a new one, for me! Loved all the interaction between Sheldon and Sid, as usual... and Sheldon gets my vote for "Best Line of the Episode" for his "Midnight Shnack" :guffaw: (The entire possum thingie creeped me out and cracked me up, all at the same time). Mac gets an "Honorable Mention" for his line, "I have 2 questions...Why, and Why?"

I'm wondering how the Rat Fisherman/Greek Consulate storyline will unfold, should be intriguing seeing Stella and Danny "breaking some rules" together, since they really haven't been paired up all that much together, this season.

Was surprised at the kiss between Flack/Angell, didn't really see it coming. I don't ship anyone on this show, but F/A don't bother me at all (as opposed to D/L, which bugs the bejeezus outta me). I do agree though with the posters who wished that the writers would have taken their time with it, teased it out a little longer.

Definitely looking forward to next week's ep!! I can't go wrong with an ep that has Wet/Shirtless Mac! :cool:

10. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Now that I've gone through a day of school and learned how to concentrate on, I don't know, the episode as opposed to the kiss in general, I can actually comment on it:

-Oh, Danny and Lindsay don't have restraining orders against each other? I'd forgotten because they haven't talked since maybe last season.
    -Ironically, as soon as they figured out the dad was having an online affair that abruptly stopped, I thought, "What, is it the daughter?". Only time I was unhappy to be right.
    -Flack storyline= Awesome. I'm glad that we finally have a character storyline that does not involve getting shot/stabbed/beaten/otherwise maimed.
    -What song was the Flack Family Song?
    -Teh Kiss: It was a bit random, I must admit. Angell's reaction, or lack-thereof, seems to suggest that maybe it wasn't as random as we think it was. I'm not complaining for reasons that I've stated and are obvious in my avatar, but it was interesting nonetheless.

11. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

Red Rain by Peter Gabriel

12. CCA

CCA Police Officer

Okay, when I posted I thought miss lil drama queen would be back (sam) that is, I don't think it's going to get any better for her. I might be looking to much into this but there was that scene between Flack and Sam in the bar, where it went all slow mo. To me that's a foreshadowing of things only to get worse.

Then again we all know how the writers hahah can be and not follow up, but that made me feel a sense of doom between them. I don't know maybe I'm being to dramatic...but if she continues down the wrong path and doesn't stick with the program I don't see a good fate for her on this show!

13. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I enjoyed the episode. I love Flack, and he was particularly awesome in this episode. Seeing more of the Flack and his sister interacting was great, I hope we'll see her again later in the season.

I thought Adam was lovely also, I was happy that he was continuing to do great work despite his (presumably) ongoing job uncertainty. Poor Stella getting threats like that, I'm glad it's been mentioned again, but I got the idea that she hadn't really mentioned to anyone that she suspects the guy at the embassy? Unless I missed something, that was the impression I got, which I found a bit odd, surely she would tell Mac at the very least? Oh well, as long as she's told someone now I suppose that's good. I am wondering how long this arc will go on for though?

The kiss between Flack and Angell. The scene would have worked without the kiss, and still signified that they are close, so I'm not sure the kiss was necessary, and it was a little random. Still, whilst being random it also wasn't too out of place either, I'm not sure about them already being in a relationship, I kinda got the idea that they could be, but I think it was ambiguous enough for TPTB to follow up on it however they wish without it seeming too strange. :lol: I like Angell, I hope we continue to see more of her throughout the season.

On another note, I'm wondering even more now about the Flack family. I got the impression that Don and Sam are the only children, despite the brother Flack mentioned last year. I'm guessing if there is a brother there must be a big age difference. Also, I thought Sam was a bit younger than Don (him early thirties, her no older than 25), but if they used to sneak out of the house together when they were younger then they must be a similar age... None of it's important, but I like to over-think these things, and it surprised me. :lol:

14. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I don't mind Angell. I like her infact just not another relationship.

Don has two brothers he mentioned them last season in Time's Up. Would like to see them sometime or some mention of them again.

15. FlackFan01

I agree!

Danny seemed to know, but I don't remember her telling him. I'm confused.