Grade 'Dead Inside'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 12, 2008.

?

How would you grade Dead Inside?

1. A+

16 vote(s)
    24.6%
  2. A

22 vote(s)
    33.8%
  3. A-

11 vote(s)
    16.9%
  4. B+

9 vote(s)
    13.8%
  5. B

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. CCA

CCA Police Officer

To regards of the woman not walking away. Apparently they never heard Ivana Trump's saying.."Don't get mad, GET EVERYTHING!" So much better then the tacky clothes you'll have to wear in a jail cell.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

What exactly happened with Sam at the end, where she was talking to someone and then she talked to Flack? I couldn't hear well and didn't think to run for the remote lol.

Preview: Mmmmmmmmm!

3. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

I want Flack to be my big brother!!!!
    so good, loved it, hawkes looked a little spooky at the very beginning, but i blame the lighting, Danny on a speed boat, first we have Flack Don Flack, and now we have Danny going 007. =) the lindsay danny one upping, yea she arrived by coast guard, i think the are trying to go back to season two banter, i only hope. ummmmmm, i wish my phone did that, but i would be in a black hole of debt,

Danny likes breaking rules, o yes break them!!!!! it makes for more fun.

Adam and his pipes, totally high on science, such a cutie: totally worth the 4 weeks of vacation time.

seriously love the character interactions this season,

Stella is gonna break more than rules, shes gonna go rambo after that rat! haha,

Preview: naked mac, ok he's old enough to be my dad so ewwe, but, yea fun. and we made it to 100!

oh yea kiss!? cute, i go all capt. jack, its all about the opportune moment. Question is in the follow up, but she was smiling, i mean who wouldn't!!!!

4. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Okay, so when Flack kissed Angell, I actually screamed "Hey!" at the TV... no lie :p

I'm going to hold back judgement until I see the whole thing, though... I missed about 10-15 minutes in the middle, so I'm going to reserve comment for the time being. :)

5. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Sam was having an Alcoholics Annonymous meeting and Flack was being nosy and listening in.
    She said something about how everyone else in her family was perfect, and then there was her the one person that doesn't fit with the family.

Or something like that anyways.

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I gave this episode a B but only because the Flack and Sam interaction saved it. The case bored me to tears and I had to struggle to pay attention. Although I thought the twist with the daughter getting hit on by her dad was interesting and unexpected (not to mention gross - pass me the brain bleach, please Fay). As much as I bitched about Flack and Angell getting together in the spoiler thread I actually liked their scene. It was a bit WTF? but I still think it worked because Eddie and Emmanuelle didn't over play it and have great chemistry.

It bugged me that Danny and Lindsay were suddenly working together as if nothing had happened between them last season. They spend the first few episodes not interacting at all and now all of a sudden they're working together fine. Danny's lack of glasses combined with the super fauxhawk bugged me too. I could still hear Danny in the lines but all I saw was Carmine, if that makes any sense. I was also annoyed that there wasn't any continuity with Adam when he was in the lab with Stella. You'd think he'd mention something about her getting the higher ups to approve transferring vacation and organizing everyone in the lab to give up a week to give him an extra month of work. I can't imagine he wouldn't know about it, but then again maybe there is a ton of red tape to get through and he'll be notified once everything is finalized. I hope that's it because it would seem completely OOC for Adam not to say something to Stella.

Next week looks like it might be good. It'll all depend on how the cavalcade of guest stars do, I think.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:lol: I missed that line. That must have been one of the three freaking times the phone rang during the show. No wait, two times. The first time was during Criminal Minds. :lol: Stupid survey thing. I hung up on them. :lol:

:guffaw:That's exactly what Horatio would have said! :lol: Good call!

LMAO! It looked old and moldy. haha.

haha yeah. Can anyone tell me what QR means? :lol: Quick Response? :lol:

Haha, I was wondering about her accent too. She sounds more like Danny than Flack accent wise. :lol:

Here's what I wrote while watching the ep:

:lol: at Lindsay teasing Danny and saying he's a show off.

Angell met Flack's sister and didn't give her a warning or ticket? Careful, Angell you could be be an enabler. :lol:

A possum ate the vic's face? Okay, ewww....

:lol: at Adam with the squash pipe. He's such a cutie pie.

:lol: at Don and Sam's story about their dad. I so love Don's smile.

Mac's confident 92.9 % of the time? Or was it 99.2? :lol:

So Sam is an alcoholic? Didn't see that one coming.

And haha, she thought Flack and Lindsay were dating.

I need some of those fish. :lol: Too bad they're too expensive. 50 bucks an hour? Is that was Shel said? Yikes!

"Two questions: Why and Why?" :lol:

Aw, Don played the song, but Sam still won't let him in. Poor Donnie.

The daughter is the one that had the confession website? :eek:

The wife killed him? Oh, come on! That's like the biggest friggin' cliche in the book, man! :sigh:

OMG! Holy freaking crap! I was so not expecting that kiss between Don and Jess. Wow! My eyes started tearing up. That was a nice surprise. Ladies and Gentlemen we now have a new canon couple. Please say Mac and Stella are next? Pretty pweeeasse with sugar and cherries on top? :lol:

Ew, someone sent Stella a dead rat. :eek: That's not the way to a girl's heart. :lol:

I was just going to give this ep a B (points taken off for the cliched killer), but after that kiss... it gained more points. Cause that was just such a surprise.

Next week looks good... and did I see shirtless Mac?

8. CSI_GEEK_GIRL

CSI_GEEK_GIRL Victim

Glad I wasn't the only one cracking up to see Adam smoking out of a...what was that? a squash? That's it... I'm going back and watching it again!

9. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I give it an "A"

I loved the Flack/Sam action. I'd missed the first 3 or 4 eps of the season, so I didn't get to see anything else with that

I loved the Adam

I loved the Stella. Dead rats are gross.

I really loved the Flack/Angell kiss at the end. I was just sitting there like "No he didn't!"

I really miss Danny's glasses, didn't notice the hair.

Father/Daughter online incest is teh Kreepee

Only bummer is that I like to watch with the Closed Captions on, and about 3/4 of the way into the episode they crapped out? Did that happen for anyone else?

I'm so totally recording next weeks.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Do you mean feeling vaguely disappointed that the writers fast-forwarded from a half-dozen episodes of flirting and a coffee date straight to kissing because Flack's upset and he just found out his sister is an alcoholic? Cause that's how this sorta Flack/Angell fan feels. (I'm personally not really big on canon for canon's sake when it comes to romance.)

I like Flack and Angell flirting, and I thought the kiss was nice and all, but I'm disappointed that the writers took something that worked and rushed it.

Congrats, NY writers, that had even less build-up than Danny and Lindsay.

Oh well. I still like Flack and Angell together, but I wish they'd teased more instead of diving straight in so soon.

11. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Good episode. Lots of Flack which is always good! Loved the interaction between Don and Sam. *hugs Don* But what the hell? Who just goes and kisses someone like that out of the blue? "Oh yeah, thanks'-here let me swap spit with you cause you waited for me. I mean, is this a GSR style thing? Have they secretly been dating all along? Excuse me, I feel physically sick! Angell is alright but, ugh!

12. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I actually liked the kiss. It seemed so spur of the moment and random. It also seemed like a one-off thing to me. Almost like a quick comfort type of thing. Don't know if that's wishful thinking or what. Maybe because Flack walked on his own way instead of going in the car with Angell.

I love the idea of Flack and Angell flirting and think that they make a very cute couple, however I'm rather ambivalent about the idea of them together in Canon. I mean, why do they all have to jump on each other's bones?

I haven't been hanging in the Spoiler thread, so I don't know what all is going on, but please, NO. Emphatically. Why can't we just have flirting and bromance?

13. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

:rommie::guffaw::lol: ^^Another great Faylinn recap.^^ I love it. It just wouldn't be Wednesday night without one. Although, be fore warned fellow CSI: NY fans, next week I'm doing a Carolyn3843 recap to celebrate the 100th episode.;)

Now about this episode. 2 steps forward and 1 step back. Or is it 1 step forward and 2 steps back??? Ah, anyway...last week's episode was this--->| close to an A+ then this episode slid back to A-. It got boring. By the end, I didn't care who killed the guy. Plus I kinda figured it'd be who it turned out to be. Well, Veritas is still the only season 5 episode I have felt was worthy of an A+. Then again, there's always next week's episode. I loved when Flack was explaining who found the body and how. Flack said about the kid who landed on the dead guy "He's gonna be the popular kid in school tomorrow." I also loved Sid's line about how possums had screwed up many an autopsy. TPTB-(The Powers That Be) give Danny his glasses back!!! To me, Danny don't look right without them. That's all I have to say about this episode.
    I'm giving this episode an A-. No, wait. That might be a bit generous. I may end up giving it a B+. I'll let you know after I vote. Just look for the word edit in all caps, bold and underlined to pop up under this line of this post.

EDIT
    I decided to stick with my first choice: A-.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  14. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Oh, I totally agree...I just watched the episode, and for a second I was like, "wait...he's gonna kiss her...oh, no he's not....but WHAAAAAAT??" Half of me was squealing and going "Awwww!", but then the other half was wondering what the hell just happened. I absolutely love them together, don't get me wrong, but why push them together so soon and so quickly? Their chemistry is excellent, so at least they have that on D/L, but all they've had had before is some coffee dates...how does that equal making out at the end of an episode?

Now if it was Flack kissing her, breaking away, and Angell having that "wow!" dumbfounded look on her face...that would make more sense, at least to me...with the way they showed it tonight, it seemed almost like a natural move, like they had done it before...and there is no evidence in canon that they have. But there is CSINY for you...:rolleyes:

Overall, the episode was ehhh. Kind of boring really, the only thing that really intrigued me was the daughter actually talking to her father online...kind of ew...but then, how would she know it was him until she got the picture? Interesting. The whole "i'm gonna kill my husband because he's a cheating bastard" thing though is getting old. Seriously. People are killed for other reasons then they are cheaters....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

B-.

15. Teelie

Teelie Dead on Arrival

B+ from me. Bones did an almost exact same subplot of the big brother saving the younger sibling from trouble- and did it better just two hours before (plus, Bones already did a better possum eating the evidence bit in an earlier episode). The only reason I bring that up is they were better accomplished in the other series whereas CSI: NY had the unfortunate luck to follow up on them coincedently.

I also figured out pretty quickly the daughter was involved with the death though not how beyond knowing the father was cheating online. I figured it out before they got to it that the wife found out and murdered the husband (as pointed out, overdone) and that was a let down.

That's really where I drop the grade. It's such a cliche that I could see it coming that the wife knew he was cheating but it didn't mean she was directly responsible. She could have hired someone to do the killing so as to have an alibi. The really creepy father/daughter "dating" angle saved this episode from being a rehash of a tired story. It was a way out of the ballpark weird way to tie the story together and not one you'd expect to see coming. I was closer to thinking the daughter murdered her father in some altercation than that revelation.

Oh, and bonus points for the continuing "rat fisherman" arc. That's really shaping up to be a good episode down the line.