CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCA

CCA Police Officer

Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: omg I thought the samething, puke fest hahah it's like something out of a disney film..all we need is a singing bird to land on somebody's finger..no wait there in NYC a rat!

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I don't know who expected anything different, honestly. Danny has always been a loving person - and when confronted with the fact that his bun is in Lindsay's oven, of course he'll step up and be the sweet guy he's always been. (And yes, I stand by my assessment that he is and always has been a sweet, albeit fucked up, guy.) Lindsay, meanwhile, has rarely seemed like much more than a wispy, needy damsel when it comes to Danny.

However, being 'really honest' will require really communicating - we'll see if they can manage that one. It's not their strong suit, to say the least. :p

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Agreed about Danny. He's never been anything less than emotional, dutiful and loving--as a character (I'm not talking about with Miss Back-and-Forth Montana). I can't see him being anything but a good and devoted dad.

That's generous. ;) I'd say manipulative, indecisive, and whiny.

:lol: No kidding.

4. jolein

jolein Pathologist

Not to bash or offend Anna Belknap but i`m not really suprised she says this.
    While they may handle it that way,I doubt it will be a happily rocking free relationship between Danny/Lindsay themselves with both of their backgrounds

5. Vertigirl

Vertigirl Hit and Run

thank you for posting the promo!!

6. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Hmmm. Dealing with it in a 'really loving, really honest way' seems like an odd quote to me. I am perhaps slightly interested in seeing how they deal with it, but, as has already been said, loving and honest probably isn't the two best words to describe the D/L relationship so far, so this will definitely be a change. :lol:

I've only had a really quick glance at the spoilers, but just to clarify (in case anyone is interested), I've said that the dead guy is Russian, it's suggested that he is, but the casting call says Ukrainian, which is of course a different country.

I'm glad that Flack is back on the job, not that really doubted that he would be, but it's good to know that he's not still under suspicion (at least that's what I'm assuming). :) It looks like Flack and Danny have a couple of scenes together, which I personally think is always a good thing to know about an episode. :lol:

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

It may not be surprising that they're going in that direction, but based on how the relationship has played out thus far going in that particular direction still makes me want to hurl up my internal organs. :p

ETA: I have an itchy trigger finger today. I should have explained more.
    Danny will be caring toward Lindsay, no doubt. That's who he is and someone having his child will only make him care about that person more. But the "really loving" part makes me think that they'll be "in love" with each other and that part is what makes me say WTF?. It totally belies everything we've seen up to this point. Is it unexpected? No. But it still has me reaching for the barf bucket.

The "really honest" part makes me laugh. Did they go to Sheldon and have him prescribe some new medication that makes people communicate honestly with each other? Oh wait. That's right. Having a baby together magically solves all of your problems as an individual and as a couple. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Babies Make It All Better!

That will be the new slogan if things turn out to be as ridiculous as we fear - one can always be pleasantly surprised, but we'll see. :p

Sex trafficking? Are they stealing Miami scripts and changing the names now? If the Russian(?) guy ends up being tied to the mob, I'll have to throw something at the television.

Indeed it is - one could worry that Danny would have time for nobody but his baby mama (even while on the job) after 5.09, so it's nice to hear.

I'm hoping for some more good Danny/everybody else interaction this season too, of course. ;)

9. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

The word honest for a split second had me thinking mayber they realise that they can't be an item but can still do the right thing however this is NY and an answer like that is probably unlikely but it kind of came to me when i first read it.

I think i'm just interested to see how it plays out a whole, so much has been said its like i just want it done.

10. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

11. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Dawni, this is what I immediately thought of too when I first read the quote, that by dealing with it honestly, they conclude that they're not good as a couple (they have barely even interacted yet, this season! Not exactly a loving couple :rolleyes: :lol:) but they can still raise a baby lovingly, as a non-couple. That's the only way her quote actually makes sense or rings even remotely true, for me. "Honestly" in how they deal with their own relationship (or non-relationship, as the case appears to be) and "Lovingly" in how they feel about and deal with the surprise baby situation.

12. CCA

CCA Police Officer

thanks for the sneak peak. Man when they talk about picking up and moving they mean it literal hahah

13. macpeyfan

macpeyfan Witness

How's this for a scenario? - Lindsay admits that she's not Mom material right now and wants to focus on her career, not a baby. Danny doesn't feel able to raise a child alone and he still feels guilty about Rueben. So Danny and Lindsey ask Rikki to adopt the baby.

14. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

IMO, that would definitely be daytime soap material.

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Really, if they wanted to get creative about it, Danny would be the pregnant one. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.