CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

I looked at the spoilers for 5.14, and it also looks like Julia Ormond's character (Gillian Whitmore, I think her name was) will be back as well.

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Ah, yes. I saw the name 'Gillian' in the spoilers but I don't think the character name had really registered with me before, so I wasn't sure who she was. :)

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I saw the spoilers about the bones in the car case. I want to know why when cases like this come up, they never call in a forensic anthropologist. Even CSI did it with that Terri whatshername. I think it'd be more real if they had a guest character who was one.

*would really love a Bones/CSI NY cross but not happening since different networks*

4. Faylinn

Yeah, this show doesn't call in enough outside experts - that would be a good chance to have some talented guest stars (not to mention adding some diversity if they were so inclined).

It's kind of funny - there was a Bones episode with the body crushed in the car recently, there was a case of a guy crushed in a car on Life this season, and there's this upcoming episode of NY with a person crushed in a car. It's like all these shows have the same idea at the same time. :lol:

5. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Dont think these have been posted, here are some scans about the 100th ep.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  6. Faylinn

Ah, so Gillian (Julia's character) will be the deputy inspector - I believe that was Gerrard's job before he killed the rapist last season. So it's good that she doesn't seem to be replacing Sinclair - I'd like to see more of him. (I'd like to have seen more of Gerrard too, but we can't get everything we want. :p)

I'm a bit disappointed that they react to her being Mac's first female boss by...having romantic sparks fly. :rolleyes: I guess there's no such thing as a 'professional' relationship anymore. (Then again, I did joke about her being British and Mac having a thing for British women. :p)

That's a cute picture of Chris Daughtry on the second page, by the way - kinda doofy. :p (And I don't think it's "typcasting" so much as giving him an acting role that fans of his music will find more believable. *shrug*)

7. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Its interesting she will be Mac's boss and I am glad were not loosing Sinclair. But I would like to have seen a strong female character..in place and locking horns with Mac for a while, before they started hinting at a possible romantic interest.. But TPTB dont seem to want to do subtle....or so it seems but we will wait and see.

Yep your right Faylinn NYPD don't seem to have many professional relationships these days...I am surprised they have any time to catch crooks..

But I am happy on one front...no more Jordan..:lol:

8. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I received next week's TV Guide in the mail today. Now, once more I will honor you fellow CSI: NY fans with a word for word, letter for letter, puncuation mark for puncuation mark quote of EVERYthing I could find in TV Guide about next week's episode-My Name Is Mac Taylor.

TV Guide November 17-23, 2008 Page 4.
    100th EPISODE
    (Picture of Gary Sinise as Mac Taylor)
    CSI: NY (CBS, 10/9c) The increasingly cool spin-off marks 100 episodes with Mac on a killer's to-do list and guest turns by Chris Daughtry, Rumer Willis, Nelly and Scott Wolf. (See page 22.)

TV Guide November 17-23, 2008 Page 22
    CSI: NY
    Somebody's killing Mac Taylors on CSI: NY, which means star Gary Sinise's character could be in trouble. "We want to find a unique plotline for the 100th episode" exec producer Pam Veasey says of the November 19 show. "So we thought, what if someone knows their target's name, but nothing more--not even if it's a male or female. What if they'll go through a lot [of people] to get the right one?" Guest stars Rumer Willis, Scott Wolf and Chris Daughtry play several of the endangered Macs. "Chris, who plays a musician, did really great," reports Veasey. Julia Ormond also comes aboard for the first of at least three episodes as the unit's new boss, deputy inspector Gillian Whitmore. Look for romantic sparks between her and Sinise's Detective Taylor. Says Veasey, "It's time for Mac to make a little pursuit." Not to mention get a little action.

TV Guide November 17-23, 2008 Page 44
    CSI: NY 10/9c, CBS Mac fears he may be a target when two men, both named Mac Taylor, are murdered in the show's 100th episode. Look for guest stars ranging from Scott Wolf and the NFL's Marshall Faulk to Chris Daughtry and Nelly.

TV Guide November 17-23, 2008 Page 52
    CSI: NY (CC): Two people named Mac Taylor are killed during a two-week span.

^^There^^ you have it. As promised "a word for word, letter for letter, puncuation mark for puncuation mark quote of EVERYthing I could find in TV Guide about next week's episode-My Name Is Mac Taylor."
    ENJOY!!!

9. MacsGirlMel

I wish they'd just go with Mac and Stella already myself.

About tonight, do we have any info on how Stella's breaking the rules?

10. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

so we've had naked danny, naked flack, naked danny and lindsay, now naked mac, will we ever get a naked adam or hawkes?

although i do remeber a scene with a naked danny and a stripping hawkes, idk, just adam please!

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Count me among those who are disappointed they are bringing in a female boss only to have her be a love interest for Mac right from the get go. That is really lame, PTB. Really f*cking lame.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

There was a shirtless Adam scene once. He was with that blonde lab girl Kendall when his phone rang. I think he'd been asleep. I can't remember the season or episode.

I agree about the Mac/Gillian thing. That is pretty stupid. And I also agree with Melly. I want Mac and Stella already. :lol:

13. Faylinn

Adam was shirtless in "Can You Hear Me Now?"

Not exactly, but I think she tries to keep Mac out of the loop if it's related to that other spoiler we had (I forget the episode - was it 5.10?).

14. MacsGirlMel

I thought of that one too, Fay.

15. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

It was season 4 episode 1 Can You Hear Me Now that had the shirtless Adam scene. Lindsay called and woke him up.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.