"Leave Out All the Rest" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 1, 2008.

1. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

Exactly. The relationship is toxic and unhealthy. It did hurt the team and it ruined everything that used to be brilliant about this show. Sara needed better and it looks like she's found it; she's lighter and happier without him. Their relationship was always going to do more damage than good. She's got too many issues already and an emotionally unavailable man is not what you need to help you get through all that.

2. gsr_rulz

gsr_rulz Hit and Run

3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah but you cannot always be so serious on a job like that or you become burnt out like Sara or affected by it like Grissom now. And seriously, I cannot see either Riley or Greg pressing any sort of sexual harassment thing against each other. When you work with people you know what you can and can't say to certain co-workers and I think Greg and Riley know they can talk to each other like that.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Oh for heaven's sake! I've said "knock it off" to my manager, my coworkers, my subordinates a hundred times and it never means "I'm the boss" or "I'm jealous you aren't bantering with me" or "I'm so depressed these days" or "I'm trying to be like my mentor" or whatever. Coworkers say stuff like that to each other all the time and it doesn't necessarily have to *mean* anything.

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Hey try working in the animal world. We've said worse to each other.:eek:

But I agree, the "knock it off" meant nothing. Nick just wanted to stay focussed on the case is all.

And remember what DR said. Nick is not one for cathartic break downs.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

yep, exactly (well that and the fact that s&m talk makes him uncomfortable lol). :) Now if he'd said "if you two don't knock it off, I'm going to tell Grissom of your behavior." then I might have been a little upset. :lol: Oh, who am I kidding! I love Nicky just as much as I love Greg, so unless he upset Greg, I wouldn't get upset. :lol: It seems like Greg knew Nick wasn't being mean.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Untacking feel free to continue the discussion of THIS episode. No bickering preferred. Thanks.

9. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Nick saying "knock it off" is kind of like getting head slapped by Gibbs on NCIS. When Gibbs head slaps you it's his way of saying wake up get back on topic.

I enjoyed watching the soon to be new team all working together. And I also liked that there was no conclusion to the case.

Nick and Brass should have their own sitcom.

And Hodges with the splinter....and I loved Cath pulling out her tweezers like she was going to yank out the splinter but instead walks right past Hodges

Overall, I liked it.

10. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

this is the first csi episode i re-watched in a long time.
    I absolutely loved William Petersen's acting , he is really upset and losing sleep.
    Really good acting.

I have watched the bed room scene where he asks LH to stay at least 10 times.

You can clearly see she shocked when he calls her name.

Great Writing.

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Magnificent acting,:thumbsup: he's a total pro. his timing precise, the delivery of his dialogue perfection, his such painful expressions, he's one of a kind, unique, and I can't imagine CSI without him. And the last scene, I think he needed to talk more, and she was there to listen, like he was for her in the past. She knows he's in pain and the last thing on his or her mind was "SEX":alienblush: it would be pathetic and tacky and wrong, and it just didn't happen~

12. iluvgreg80

iluvgreg80 Hit and Run

:lol:
    :lol: Good episode. I also hope Gary's doing better. I keep wondering were things will go.Maybe it was me, but it seems strange the case wasn't solved or maybe it's a later thing. I'm getting to like Riley. She seems to know how to handle herself. I don't think Riley and Greg were sexually harassing each other. It just seemed like friendly banter. Nick just told them to focus. I did like the line in a way when she was talking about What does it make me if I always find the naughty drawer and Greg said Lucky. :lol:

13. veruschka

veruschka Civilian

I have also re-watched it a few times already. One thing is to try to figure out why certain portions of the Sara video are played repeatedly throughout the episode. I mean, perhaps there is something in what she says in those portions that are significant to the future episodes (or to the ultimate exit of Grissom)? If not, then I agree with many of you that it really is quite tiring & pointless to see it over and over again. That said, though, I like how this video forces Grissom to confront the reality of his relationship with Sara. He cannot 'not making a decision' anymore. He has to decide whether the relationship comes to the end, or he has to do something to save it. In any case... WP's acting is brilliant -- I feel the deep sorrow & sense of loss of Grissom.

I can't bear rewatching the last scene, though. Hate to have to guess why exactly Grissom asks LH to stay. Yes indeed LH looks somewhat shocked when he calls her name. Speaking of which, does anyone notice that before LH opens the door, she already sees Grissom through the glass of the door, and so she knows it's him she will see on the other side. Thus what puzzles (and bugs) me is, that why she appears shocked when she opens the door? Does she 'pretend' that she's surprised to see him?

14. byline

byline CSI Level One

I think Lady Heather's surprise comes from the fact that even though she already knows it's Grissom, she figures she'd be the last person he would come to see. Remember, she thinks he's still in a committed relationship with Sara, so she probably figured things between the two of them were finished. Then, unexpectedly, he shows up at her door. That surprise wouldn't instantly vanish just because she'd already seen him through the glass pane in her front door.

Another theory? (And this is just me playing the devil's advocate.) She's been expecting Grissom because she expected his relationship with Sara to fail (from her standpoint, it wasn't a matter of "if" but "when"). So when Grissom does finally show up, she sees him through the glass, then feigns surprise when she opens the door.

15. britfan

britfan Pathologist

The impression I got from the video was it was Grissom flashing back in his head on what Sara said and it was causing him anxiety. That's why there were so many just before Grissom scenes. Obviously, that could be wrong too, but it's the idea I got through the cross editing of Sara and Grissom. It emphasises the contrasts in where they currently are in life.

I also thought that Lady H clearly saw him through the door, but he is not a social bunny who pops round often for a cup of tea and a chocolate hobnob, so she will have seen him, but just cannot believe he is there - especially in that state - cold, wet and very sad. Maybe that's why she thinks he has changed... because he just doesn't do the whole popping round thing?