"Leave Out All the Rest" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Air Date: Thursday, November 06, 2008
    Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#905) "Leave Out All the Rest"

GRISSOM SEEKS OUT THE HELP OF LADY HEATHER WHEN INVESTIGATING A SEEMINGLY CLEAN-CUT MAN. - When the CSI team investigates a case involving the world of domination, Grissom pays a visit to Lady Heather to help find some answers.

Side Note Trivia: The episode opens and closes with -- and is named after -- the song from the band Linkin Park. Elements of the song are used throughout the episode to underline and score the building story of Grissom and his unresolved love for Sara who recently left the crime lab. Never before has a television series built the score of an episode around a rock radio single

SERIES REGULARS:
    Gil Grissom: William Petersen
    Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
    Nick Stokes: George Eads
    Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
    Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
    Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
    David Phillips: David Berman
    Hodges: Wallace Langham
    Wendy Simms: Liz Vassey
    Riley Adams: Lauren Lee Smith
    RECURRING CAST:
    Archie Johnson: Archie Kao

GUEST CAST:
    Lady Heather: Melinda Clarke
    Henry Andrews: Jon Wellner
    Michelle Tournay: Peyton List
    Ian Wallace: Sam Upton
    Justine Stefani: Jessica Barth
    Martin Devlin: Gil McKinney
    Kumari: Rachelle Lefevre
    Skinny Dude: Edi Gathegi
    Officer Mitchell: Larry Mitchell

WRITTEN BY: Jacqueline Hoyt
    DIRECTED BY: Kenneth Fink

THANKS TO:
    The Futon Critic
    TV.Com
    'CSI' Decides To 'Leave Out All The Rest'

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  2. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Thanks for the thread Des-uh, DeShadowSeeker. Have been looking forward to this epi for months and finally, its own thread!! With each promo and story that pops up, this looks more like it may be the most important episode in Grissom's final arc in terms of learning exactly what's going on in his mind and if there was a triggering event. I just hope it's not something as lame as he is being emotionally blackmailed into "moving on" or losing Sara. Six years ago I would have laughed at that, but Grissom is now just a shadow of the character he was then.

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah no kidding!

This is one episode, I'll be debating as to watch or not. I like Lady Heather and I like Grissom but the underlying GSR tone is totally making me want to just run from this episode.

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Same here. I think this episode is one of those that could turn out to be either really really good or really really bad. Funny thing is, I was browsing the video page on the official CSI website and notice that they have put up a video clip titled "CSI: When Grissom Met Lady Heather". The description: Take a look back at the relationship that's been formed between Gil Grissom and Lady Heather.

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

That is such a great video! Part of me really want to see this episode because I have always loved Lady Heather and her relationship with Grissom.

But as EdgarAllenPoe said the GSR references in the promo and the Sara video really put me off. watch it here

At least Greg is in the promo! I think at this point its him that keeps me watching.

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I added in the Trivia note to the first post.

7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I agree with both of you, this could either be really really good. A good episode between Gil and LH or it could turn out to be a plug for GSR. :wtf:

I'm hoping that it's the first, that Gil and LH get to talk. She knows him, she's not going to take advantage of him as some might think. That would be such a blow to her strong character. He came to her, so he's seeking something from her.. FORGIVENESS perhaps?? ;)

8. CSIL3Willows

CSIL3Willows Prime Suspect

I really hope it doesn't turn into a plug for GSR. It should focus on Griss and LH, not Sara. Just my thoughts
    CSIL3Willows
    -x-

9. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I'm excited for this episode. (enough for me to come out of hiding and visit LV :p *waves* Hi y'all!) I've always found Lady Heather to be quite an interesting character on her own who fits well with a show like CSI so she's definitely going to be a big highlight for me.

Also, I'm a fan of Linkin Park so the fact that the episode will revolve around one of their songs is a plus. It's not the best song in the world :)p) but I can definitely see why they're using it.

10. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Thanks so much for the link; that was awesome! And the last line - yeah, that's what we want to know, too! I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'd like Carole M.'s comments about "if it weren't for Sara," etc. to be foilers. Wouldn't that be a surprise ending! And that would mean that Grissom would stay in Las Vegas, and be available for the occasional guest appearance that I think (though I could be wrong) WP said something about a while back.

11. ilovegrissom

ilovegrissom Hit and Run

You know what's funny? The people who like Grissom and Heather won't like the GSR undertones, and the GSR people (like me) aren't all thrilled about seeing Heather again. It's almost as if TPTB are trying to make all the viewers happy and instead most of us are not to happy with different aspects of the episode for different reasons. oh, well, i guess we should wait until the episode airs until we pass judgement on it. It might be a great episode.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  12. CSIL3Willows

I hope it is a good episode. It'll prob be the last time we see Grissom with Lady H, so I'm hoping there's some closure there

CSIL3Willows
    -x-

13. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I'm looking forward to seeing Lady Heather again. She always brings something extra to an episode. She's such a complex character, and Melinda Clarke does an amazing job portraying her.

Unfortunately, I'm going to be away when this episode airs, and probably won't be able to watch it until the week after :(

14. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I'm sorry that you all love Lady Heather, but I'm not one of 'em, but I will watch it, because I love CSI.

I'm confused here, I thought Detective Cavalier should be in this episode.

15. CSIL3Willows

How come?
    CSIL3Willows
    -x-