Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Re: Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

*can't help but snicker* I like the way you think! Still, we need to make sure to email it to everyone in the thread... I'm not so sure about mailing the tape to everyone 'cause it could get stolen. Hmm, of course we need lower prices for PureJoy fans... we're probably the only ones who will watch it. Hmm, think the tape'll bring PureJoy shippers out of the closet?

Oh definitely... just make sure that TPTB doesn't find out about this. They'll roll over in their graves if the found out a PureJoy tape's in circulation. *pauses* Then again, if they visit the thread, they may have already found out... uh-oh!

*stands up and applauds* You hit the nail on the head! And those are some of the reasons we love the idea of Gil and Cath together... *pokes TPTB* Seriously though, you guys should listen to her and the rest of the guys on the thread.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

How much was that first scene of Cath and Gil in tonight's ep like a married couple? They were griping at each other. :lol: I was cracking up. And then Cath's exchange with Doc Robbins when Grissom abruptly left the room.

Cath: Is that normal?
    Doc: Grissom being socially awkward? Yeah, that's normal.
    Cath: He won't talk to me and he doesn't appear to be sleeping much.

haha sounds like something a wife would say. :lol:

3. 27dayz

27dayz Police Officer

I totally agree with you GregNickRyanFan! It was a nice dynamic, kind of like what they used to have before season seven.

The concern Catherine showed for him in the scene with Robbins was so on the dot wonderful. There was such concern for him in her eyes and you could tell that she really and truly cared about him. It really showed how close they are and how far they drifted apart at the same time.

I loved Catherine in the begining of the ep, giving Gil a taste of his own medicine when he tried to blame her for contaminating the body with the tarp, saying that she should blame him for not responding to the case sooner when he was up, forcing her to respond (hmmm...I don't know how she knew he was up, but knowing those two and my twisted imagination...:devil:).

Anyways it seemed very wife-ish and they seemed very married. In a different context I could see them having that sort of arguement over household duties (my parents talk like that all the time).

Gil: We're having take-out for supper?? Again??
    Catherine: You were home, Gil. You could have cooked.
    Gil: *indistinct muttering*
    Cath: What was that?
    Gil: Nothing, Dear.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:lol: That's great. Mind if I add on?

Cath: And it is your turn to take out the trash! I've done it the past three days and I'm tired of it! I need some help around here. I can't do it alone.
    Gil: (looks at Hank) Mommy's cranky, isn't she?
    Cath: Don't push it, Gil.
    Gil: Oh, honey I'm sorry. Okay? I'll take out the trash. (he gets up and takes out the trash and then puts the dishes in the dishwasher and starts it) I started the dishwasher for you too.
    Cath: Thank you.
    Gil: So, am I forgiven?
    Cath: Well, let me think about it. (a few seconds pass) Okay, you're forgiven.
    Gil: Thank you. (kisses her- as they are kissing Lindsey comes home from school and sees them)
    Linds: Oh, gross! Can you two please save that for your bedroom?

:lol:

5. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I second that...us Purejoy fans gotta stick together and we know where all the action is.:)
    Heck, I think it'll bring everybody out of the closet.:lol: And that in itself, would be worth it all. Love 'em or hate 'em, you've got to want see those two go at it.

Man! *kicks self* We get a 'married couple' scene and I missed it!:scream: I missed the first 20 minutes because I had to work, but I was set to record it. Well, turns out I forgot to change the time on my tv so I ended up taping an hour earlier than what I wanted. For a second, I thought they'd all gone "Survivor" on me.:lol: Oooh, *quick thought* couldn't you see them stuck on an island together for days and have to survive? Talk about plenty of heated breakdowns, heated arguments and, well, just plain heated.:devil:

6. CSIL3Willows

CSIL3Willows Prime Suspect

Loved the 'married couple' scene. Cracked me up!
    I thought Cath's exchange with Doc Robbins was cute, especially when she said 'He won't talk to me...' The look on her face was quite sad :(
    Hope he sorts himself out and talks to her soon... alternatively, she could always lock him in a closet with her until he does talk... but then again that could lead to not much conversation... hehe

CSIL3Willows
    -x-

7. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

See, this is when Catherine should seek Gil out....go over to his house and ask him what's going on, and does he want to talk? I think Gil would have a much better result opening up to Cath than L.H...

CSIL3Willows: I love the closet idea...heehee I wouldn't do any talking if I were her...*bwahahaha*

But no, seriously, if Gil were to turn to Catherine and just let her help, I honestly think the Grillows shippers would benefit and so would Gil, it would be theraputic to hear it straight up from Cath, exactly like it is, and THEN he can start healing from the wounded GSR relationship.

8. CSIL3Willows

He should deinitely let her help. She's known him a really long time, and she'll tell him exactly what she thinks, no holds barred, even if he may not want to hear it.
    As for the healing, I'm sure Cath could find some... 'inventive' ways to sooth his pain... hehe

CSIL3Willows
    -x-

9. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Exactly... why aren't those two married again? *pokes TPTB* But seriously, I could love to see more husband-wife moments, preferable the ones where Cath is all scrappy and Gil is smiling all the while. Or maybe she should drag Gil into a closet like CSIL3Willows suggested. Besides, who needs therapy when you have Cath?

10. CSIL3Willows

I want more married-couple moments as well. Maybe we should petition TPTB and make them put more in?
    Also, who wouldn't want Cath's brand of 'therapy'? Griss would be nuts if he didn't!!

CSIL3Willows
    -x-

11. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I wish, for once, that he would confide in Cath instead of running to someone else (nothing against LH). I don't know, maybe he's afraid of what she might say. Rather she tells him what he wants or doesn't want to hear, she'll tell him the truth and that's what he needs. I can't figure out why he won't talk to her about what he's going through right now unless he feels that she's also going through enough right now and doesn't want to cause her anymore stress. Also, I kind of thought that when it comes to Catherine, he doesn't seem to want to talk about his relationship with Sara...maybe because he feels guilty? I wish she would confront him about it and tell him something like, "Look, I know we're both going through a lot right now, but that's when we need each other the most. We don't need to shut each other out. You know I'm here for you no matter what. Just talk to me."

12. Criminologist86

*ROFL* to the "brand of therapy" comment! He'd be INSANE not to :)

Soo, did anyone watch the interview that ET did with Billy & Melinda Clarke? It aired just a few hours before "Leave Out All the Rest" aired on Thursday. Billy explained why Grissom went to see L.H. He said that L.H is his friend, and that he hasn't seen her in a long time, but he also emotionally needs to see her. However, I still think confiding in Cath (hey, I'm a Grillows shipper ;p) is a better idea...even though Lady Heather may be more sympathetic, per se, Cath will say it like it is, and THEN make it better. ;) I think Gil needs that steadfastness/toughness of Catherine in his life right now, and I think she needs someone 'softer' to lean on, so she doesn't have to be the strong one all the time.
    I don't know, maybe I'm reading into it too much? I love Grillows speculation; can't get enough :)

13. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I think it would be interesting to see Gil confide in Catherine, but I wonder if he's hesitant because someone in himself he knows that he hurt her.

I don't think anyone would blame her for being pretty cranky with him - but I do think that now's the time they need each other.

I liked hearing that Catherine was asking him if he was sleeping - she obviously knows him well enough to notice when something's not right. It would be nice to see them have a nice long talk with each other - and something else ;)

14. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I thought that too, but doesn't he realize that by not telling her, he's just making it worse? I don't think he could hurt her anymore than he already has, at least not intentionally. Catherine's a strong woman and if he'd be willing, they could both move past this.
    Yeah, I mean put yourself in her shoes, wouldn't you feel the same way? It has to be frustrating watching someone you're so close to just close you off without so much as an explanation. I agree about it being the right time for them. It's sort of a now or never kind of thing. He's running out of options and everything he seems to try isn't working. He needs to realize that the answer has been in front of him the whole time if he'd just accept it.

BTW, has anybody heard anymore about the upcoming episodes? I can't believe we haven't had more promo pics than we've had.*sighs* You think we could something here.

15. Criminologist86

Wow...I never looked at it that way....the perspective of Catherine watching someone she's so close to, and love, just suffer and unexplainably detach from work and life...thanks for the new viewpoint.

I agree on the promo thing; I'm surprised there aren't extended ones released yet, but maybe they'll give in...Although even the shortened promo (the one on youtube right now) doesn't leave much to be desired; I mean they gave a lot of information about the plot line, unlike "Leave Out All the Rest" where they just messed and messed with us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.