Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

Re: Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Hey ladies, I'm back!

I have to admit that I've just skimmed through the posts, you guys were busy in my absense lol.

What did everyone think of the latest ep? I thought it was ok, nothing special in my opinion. The first G/C made me laugh, he gave her attitude and she threw it right back at him to shut him up.
    The scene with Al and Cath was nice too, she looked really kinda miffed that Grissom wouldn't talk to her.
    Did anybody notice that when the team (minus Gman) were around the table and Rielly asked who Lady Heather was that Catherine shut her up immediatly, like she was jealous of her, I think on some level she probs is, jealous that he feels comfortable to talk to her and not Cath.
    So did GSR break up or what? I couldn't make my mind up. I don't think he slept with Lady H though, think he just confided in her. I think they're setting it up for him to go running after Sara but the otherside thinks that he'll leave her alone if she says she's happy without him. Hmmmm.

2. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Hey ams, welcome back!:D

I did notice how she acted when LH was brought up and I thought it was interesting. I was sort of surprised by it cause I thought they got along pretty good. I would assume that Gil hasn't told Cath about his relationship with LH, but you can't help but get the feel that she knows something. Again, it has to be hurtful for her to watch her best friend run to someone else....and as far as the break up goes, I have no idea what to think. I'm just confused. A part of me was saying yes, yes, yes and then another part was hesitent. I just really don't know.:confused:

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I honestly don't think Cath is jealous of Heather on a romantic level (though she could be jealous that Gil will talk to Heather instead of her, but I think she also gets that Heather is an outside party and isn't also dealing with Warrick's loss the way she and the rest of the team are). I think she changed the subject quickly cause she wanted to stay on topic. Greg said "that's a whole nother Oprah." (to answer Riley's question) right before Cath changed the subject. I think she was maybe afraid of what Greg might say (the boy likes to talk about the kink lol) and I also think she's aware of how uncomfortable S&M talk makes Nicky. :lol: So, she didn't want it to go any further. :lol:

4. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

^ I can see what you are saying about Cath's lack of jealousy regarding L.H's & Grissom's relationship, but how can she NOT be? I mean, obviously her relationship wants with Warrick were shot down (no pun intended...it happened in "Bodies in Motion"), but I think that she still feels something really special for Grissom, but is just able to seperate herself from it....I think if she had entirely dropped her love for Grissom, she'd, I don't know, act differently...I think we'd feel it. And, like she told Warrick "once the possibility of that fantasy is gone, it sucks." (paraphrased by mwa from "Bodies in Motion")

I think if Gil & Cath actually talked, like maybe Gil admits he's depressed & struggling, and Catherine admits she's still getting over Warrick's death, they'd bond and be closer to the Grillowslicious couple they are totally intended to be.

As for the spec on GSR...the only thing that makes me think that Sara didn't just break up with Gil is that she's coming back (Jorja/Sara is ;p) in Billy's last episode, 9x10...so either that'll confirm or deny their relationship...I'm assuming....we shall see.

5. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Yeah, but the question is, will they? I have no doubt that if they'd just talk, they'd get back to where they need to be. It's just so frustrating, at least for me, to watch how this has played out so far. Knowing what they need to do and then watching them do the opposite sucks. You'd think trying to dash our hopes for a romantic relationship would be enough, but no, tptb seem to want to see if they can't do it to their friendship too.:rolleyes: Don't get me wrong, I don't think they'll do away with Gil & Cath's friendship, but will they ever allow it to get back to where it started? Sorry, I don't mean to sound negative if all this does. I'm just so aggravated at how this is going right now.:scream: If Sara's coming back, maybe he'll get smart this time and leave her like she did him twice...hello Gil, wake up! Then again, that could be just wishful thinking.:lol:

6. Criminologist86

I agree, and share your aggravation!

It's almost torturous to see their relationship still there, and even if it's not obvious, it's still just this pull somehow...You know? I think you are right that their relationship might not be romantic anymore, but I'm hoping that maybe, with some persuasion *hee hee* it could happen; particularly if Sara is out of the picture and Lady Heather says "Dude, you can't lean on me forever" (which she WILL. Lady Heather is not an L.T relationship woman.)...

Pardon my IGNORANCE (I am quite ignorant ;p) what's the whole tptb thing? I know; I'm such an idiot, but I have to know this! I'll still stand beside you and tap them too...until they give in.

7. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Now worries! TPTB is short for The Powers That Be... they're the guys who are in charge of the show and they approve what's written, what scenes air and all that fun stuff. And well, so far they've been making us livid since last season... I usually just poke them and bribe them with homemade triple chocolate chunk cookies.

*whips out another batch and waves them under TPTB's noses* Come on, do you really think that Gil and Cath not talking would be in-character? I don't mind LH, but would it kill you to add more PureJoy scenes? Give them a break, they're not gonna have much time together... just give 'em what they want. If you do that, I'll give you a cookie...

8. Criminologist86

Thanks :) I KNEW it would be something painfully obvious but being a blonde....ya know ;p

*taps TPTB* I'll give you anything....ranging from a three letter word to chocolate chunk brownies...coffee...anything...JUST PUT GIL AND CATH TOGETHER!!!!

9. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Oh, I know....no matter what you do you just can't seem to shake it.
    Agreed....I am, and always will be, for a romantic relationship between them and I think it could easily happen if they'd just decide to go down that road. There are so many possibilities for it.
    I'll give you a glass of milk to wash it down:)....I don't think that's too much to ask. They'd be happy, we'd be happy, everybody'd be happy.

10. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

For TPTB, it's always been about, how can we satisfy the largest portion of the audience?

Because one way or another, someone's going to be unhappy while the other gleams with joy. It was just always a matter of maximizing on those numbers. And unfortunately, there are more stupid people in the world than smart people. You do the math.

So in the end, it's not about what they thought the characters should be but what they knew others thought that they should be. In a normal human relationship, Gil's situation probably wouldn't occur. If you knew/worked with someone for 20 years, you'd probably go to them in terms of trouble. Not a dominatrix who you met over a case (although I guess that depends as well.) I can even force myself to understand the Heather part; it could make sense if you wanted it to. If these guys were real people, I'm thinking it would probably end up how we imagine it to end up. But this is television and inevitably, it's a business. The whole idea of corporations and money is what is ultimately going to bring this ship down. It's not about what makes sense.

Remember how the producers told Billy and Marg to tone it down? (I really wish I could find that interview again....Erica? =P) why do you think that is? Does anyone really think that TPTB believed Billy/Marg acting as being in a relationship didn't make sense? They knew that these two actors had chemistry and they knew they were good friends in real life. But they turned from that path. Why? Because it's always been about the numbers. As sad as that is. =P

So even though our ship will probably never happen the way I want it to, I have faith in the fact that it makes sense. And I'm totally happy with the fact that the actors and directors also know that it makes sense as well, no matter how much they want to deny it.

11. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Hey I'm back! First of all, welcome to all the newbies. *gives everyone brownies* Make yourself home (home means gutter, btw) and share and enjoy the love for the awesomeness that is PureJoy. <3

It has been mentioned a few times. I believe the latest time it was mentioned was when the official CSI magazine interviewed Marg. The interview was published in their June/July 2008 issue, Shane kindly scanned the pages which you can see here.

I'm not so sure about the so-called numbers, though. As far as I know, every main ship of this show (be it C/G, G/S, N/S, C/W...) has a pretty large fanbase and it's hard to tell which camp is the biggest. Even some of my co-workers whom I'm not really close to tell me that they prefer "the guy and the older woman" as a couple when they see my desktop wallpaper made with a Cath/Gil promo pic. However, it is obvious that one of the shipper groups is a lot more vocal (and perhaps demanding...not to offend anyone, just stating the fact) than the others. I don't know, I think when most of what TPTB hear is from one particular side, plus the fact that they had initially brought in Sara as Grissom's love interest, it's very much likely that they'll think that's probably what most of their viewers want while no one can actually claim that as the truth. *shrugs*

I enjoyed last week's episode more than I had thought I would. The C/G scene in the opening was really great. Just like many people have already said, they were so like an old married couple. He wrongly accuses her and she bites back. He doesn't respond and changes the subject. That had me lol. :lol: As a Catherine fan, I love seeing her in charge and give Gil space to deal with his own problems. I think she's doing it well and right, very different from the new female supervisor who did everything she could to prove her ability and sometimes got way too jumpy in season 5.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  12. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

That's such a married thing to do. Changing the subject because he doesn't want to go home to a cranky wife.

Who do you think would run the household in the Grissom/Willows household? Apart from Lindsey ;)

13. CSIL3Willows

CSIL3Willows Prime Suspect

Lol I think it would definitely be Cath. You can tell she would totall wear the trousers. I can just imagine her getting angry and shouting at Griss, and him being like 'yes dear'
    Hehe. I'd love to see that *sigh*

CSIL3Willows
    -x-

14. Criminologist86

I think that the producers (including Billy) are ALL about the show; not caring much about the money, it's their 'baby' the show. However, TPTB would be money hogs and only see numbers; never reality or entertainment or success, for that matter, as it is.

As for Gil & Cath's home relationship, they'd get along, I have no doubts :)

Love ya'll

Amberle

15. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Yet another thing that reinforces the fact that they should be married... *pokes TPTB* Pay attention! Anyways, Cath would definitely be the one to rule the roost. She'd totally have Gil eating out of the palm of her hand... but of course she'll be nice to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.