Grissom and Sara;#34 GSR...Back With A Passion

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by bengali13, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

strange ?? there's an interesting stand-point :lol: it's amazingly good !!
    it means that we're at least going to get some answers this episode , which is an improvement from what TPTB have been doing , i'm convinced they are trying to divert our attention....and based on this thread i'm afraid to say it worked :shifty:
    i have a theory and i am standing behind it until this episode airs and proves me wrong . Heather calls Sara. simple as that she talks some sense into Grissom and calls Sara so they can work things out...in a non-S&M way might i add lol :thumbsup:

then again , i haven't seen the promo yet ! =/ i should check that out before i say something completely contradictory if i haven't already..

seriously ... this thread needs resuscitation people .

P.S. Desert , your avatar is love :luvlove:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  2. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

3. ilovegrissom

ilovegrissom Hit and Run

What if , after spending time alone with LH, Grissom decides to get back together with Sara. He goes home just to find out she's dumping him for real, and there is nothing he can do about it (until his last episode where i'm hoping they end up together) This is just speculation on the episode. I hope I'm right, my hope of a GSR happy ending is dwindling. We haven't gotten any indication that they will end up together exept the "darkest before dawn" quote. Is there anything else out there anyone has said that gives us a clue on whether they will up together?

And to all others, I'm one of those who after seeing The Happy Place, is losing interest. Maybe that's what's happening with other posters. I'll stick it out though. I need my happy ending!

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

ilovegrissom the thing is there's been on on going relationship between these two for by his words 9 years, and by her's to Ecklie probably in "Nesting Dolls" and they became intimate for two years, "it was a Saturday" she said. so regardless of what's coming up, there's so many more positive clues that they will indeed leave together "She's the only one I've ever loved" he stated to the whole team" and her letter "I've loved you forever" I think she had to go for her mental stability, which has nothing to do with her strong love for him:confused: and he's going down the same path. Watching him this season he's breaking down losing it so to speak he's devastated by Warrick's death, and then Sara had to leave, so he's not the Grissom from days gone by. He's a very confused man with no direction and not knowing what to do or where to go, [but this also doesn't change the fact that he wants to be with her]. but he's not concentrating on what's going on around him and the team is noticing. TPTB will not throw this off in a ditch after so many GSR fans are clamoring for a happy ending to this intense coupling. I could never see him with another woman except her, they're perfect for each other:drool: and WP said this, and I've posted this time and time again "When he leaves CSI in his final arc Sara is involved" WP's words. He's never loved any other woman on CSI but her, and visa versa, so come on fans KEEP THE FAITH 6 more to go rock on GSR [​IMG]

CARESSING HIS FINGERS

5. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

I agree that the angst is getting pretty oppressive. Hoping for relief soon :)

And this is just my theory, but if you go back and watch the RTL interview with JF (which took place right after her departure in season 8), she states that Sara didn't ask Grissom to go with her because (and I'm paraphrasing here) "the lab is his life ... it's where he feels safe ... it's his everything." I think Sara's video will be about her telling him tha she understands that the lab is the only thing that can fulfill him and that it's ok for him to move on ... that she's OK. I think that's going to be a huge moment for Grissom, who will reailze that Sara has always accepted her role as "second" in his life and has loved him anyway. And I think that will be devastating for him. My guess is that his sense of guilt and need to find someway to redeem himself (consistent with themes in LOATR) is what sends him to LH and I think she's going to help him find some answers. I'm kind of expecting this to be Grissom's darkest point before the dawn. I mean, we only have so much time left to get there, right?
    Ali

6. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

I also think this episode will be Gil's darkest point :(, and I agree with ali319's theory. Maybe the video is Sara telling him that she accepts being second in his life and is happy with that if it never changes, though it will soon :thumbsup:. Grissom will go to Heather because she is the only one he has been able to talk to about personal issues, and that she will help him work things out. Hopefully after this episode we will see Grissom realize that his life without Sara is a deary one and he will be getting ready to follow her.

As I have said before, let's not be pessimistic about this Lady H thing. The writers are probably just trying to wind everyone up :lol:.

Keep the Faith m'dears :bolian:

Our geeks will be happy!!! :adore:

7. x3nity

x3nity Lab Technician

Hello guys, how are you all?
    I am just reading your posts and I don’t know, not sure that the appearance of LH on the coming episode makes you feel upset (?) on GSR. Based from the last one, Sara left again because for some reason she cannot stay. You guys worry too much about things we cannot change. That’s what you get for getting too much spoilerish :lol:. I thought the slogan is “keeping the faith”? ;)

Do not lose interest to the one that once gave you great joy. Or maybe that sometime ago this ship/thread was flooded with posts but then fans has decided to leave and move on. It is not difficult for them to leave or just like Sara, it is not easy. This was felt like home. For sure they have enjoyed the journey. So just be happy, we got GSR now, it’s just a matter of holding on.

"It’s not what we hold in our hands that is ours. It is what is left when we open our hands and let go."
    --------
    On LH thing, this made me laugh when I read this post from a gsr fan, posted 3 years ago on this thread. They were lots of 'gsr nuts' back then. I wonder where are they now?

Here a re-post, LH & Sara meet the first time.
    :):cool::)
    ----------

Hiya desertwind, x3nity doesn’t jumped off the ship yet, still enjoying the bumpy ride.

8. Desertwind

I couldn't disagree with you all anymore, than to say when Sara said "the lab was his life" that was eons ago, & she's not 2nd in his life anymore:thumbsup: and he's drifting down a cloudy path, full of uncertainy, indecisiveness & just plain baffeled like she was, can't you all see how distracted & not concentrating on his work, like he used to. He even gives Cath the cold shoulder :vulcan: and in the "Crossover" ep. with [Jack] Anthony LaPaglia, he asked him "do you ever think about leaving'? and Grissom relpied" everyday" so the 'lab was important to him in the past, but he's changed and is getting older and realizes what's important to him and he wants to be with Sara, I'll bet you all this will happen point to be made, what would have been all of this been for all these years? Also what was the point of bringing Jorja Fox back:confused: fi it wasn't for some conslusion with Grissom, and in a good positive way, so that's my theory and view. And on whats-her-face, seeing someone 5 times in 9 years, HMMM what do they really know about one another? another story for another day~ but in a kind hearted move~

TGTBATD

THE REAL DEAL

9. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

ahh now I disagree with you Desert :D the lab is indeed Grissom's life . that term may be putting it too loosely...he has a life outside of the lab which includes Sara. Sara is uncharted waters but work is what he knows , i'm not trying to say that it's a place to run and hide but it's a place where he knows what to do and when to do it. he's not good with relationships and doesn't pretend to be. sara knows that he can't express everything that he's feeling and that she wants to know and she's accepted that but for her it was taken too far, she needed some air and i don't think she was fully aware of the toll it took on Grissom .
    he's now starting to realize that Sara is waiting on him .
    Ali i couldn't have said it better. i agree with you completely. she's always known that she can't compare to work in compatibility with him, but they've survived through everything , and being "second" wasn't demeaning towards her but kind of a relief. Sara isn't any better than Grissom at relationship maintenance and it takes some of the pressures off , i'm sure LH will bring all of this to light and it will finally allow them focus on them .

10. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

And just to clarify ..

I don't think Sara is second place ... but I think she's always felt that and accepted it because she loved Grissom so much. I seriously doubt Grissom has thought about it that way ... knowing Grissom he hasn't thought about this at all. I think she will let him go with her blessings because she believes it's what's best for him and he will be devastated by it. And that lightning bolt up the a** is what will, over the course of the next few episodes, put him on Sara's doorstep. My theory, anyway, FWIW.

And the RTL interview I'm referring to was right after GBaGL, so it hasn't been that long ago. I would suspect that the ideas JF expressed about Sara's feelings that the lab was Grissom's "everything" would still hold. What's changed that would make that different?

Ali

11. Desertwind

NO spoiler boxes, just posting views. So you all think, or haven't noticed the change in Grissom's behavior, fazing out and Cath going "Are you listening"?and a mistake in the DNA process and obnoxious Hodges catching it, when has he ever not been on top of this lab work? he's altered, drowning in sorrow, and if anyone should be miffed off at anyone it's Sara, she could have stayed and been there for him through this time of tragedy, and she walks out again.. that's in a way selfish. and things do change in life. He's not the enthusiatic man he used to be, & what's important to him now is his girl:drool: and my theory is that he's made a decision to leave, and it will be with Sara:thumbsup:He's going to talk to LH for some confirmation of all this, I think, so not to worry it'll all be fine, in the final episode, and they will be together[​IMG]

GIL AND HIS DOGGIE HANK also sad:(

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  12. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

You know, the thing is, these people are not really great at communicating. JF has said that herself and pointed to the fact that two people like G and S finding each other is pretty amazing. I loved the letter reading in Leaping Lizards, but Sara always seemed stunned by it ... which is kind of sad, given how long they had apparently been together at the time. And her fishing in Ending Happy for confirmation that she "made him happy?" These are two people who may love each other beyond measure, but who don't necessarily let each other know what's up.

Which is part of the problem we currently find ourselves facing. Grissom got all passive/aggressive on her in THP ... probably because he was desperate for her to stay and resented the fact she couldn't. And Sara was hurt by that and bolted. They were both in a great deal of pain, and so they handled this even more poorly than two socially stunted people would under normal circumstances. And I love them, I do ... but they make it harder than it has to be sometimes :)

That having been said, I think they are great together and that they belong together. I think what we are having to deal with right now is necessary because Grissom has to get - on a gut level - how important Sara really is to him. That she is more important than anything. He's not coming to that conclusion easily, and I think that's understandable. I don't think Grissom ever really saw himself as a man first and a scientist second ... he saw himself as the opposite. And he's about to figure out that maybe he had the order wrong. I'm optimistic, but I do think Sara was right to go and I think she's got a lot more figured out that Grissom at this point. Great thing is, Sara loves Grissom more than anything, so when he figures it out, she'll be there.

And that, like Desert said, was just my view ... no spoilers were included in the writing of this post ;)

Ali

13. bobby2surf

bobby2surf Victim

Hey guys, wow I was wasn't here for a while and there are so many posts to read.....anyway here is my opinion on 9.05:
    ....somehow I get the feeling that that video tape wasn't ment for Grissom, I don't know maybe I'm just crazy but that's my opinion....she says that she is sorry they can't talk in person, but why a video, she could use phone.....that's strange....

14. murph116

murph116 Dead on Arrival

yeah but it's tv, and to have a long message like the via phone wouldn't do anything visually for the scene haha

15. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

I think there are at least a couple realistic possibilities for the webcam. The first is that perhaps Sara wants to be able to control her message. Talking face to face with Grissom must be maddening, but talking by phone ... how much silence can you handle coming back to you over the line? I think that could turn the most articulate woman in to a babbling idiot. If Sara has figured out that she has something she needs to say, maybe she feels the need to make sure it comes out the right way and that he sees her face as she's saying it (unlike in a letter, which, uh ... we've done.)

Other possibility is that she's somewhere other than home and this is the best available means of communicating. Last week Grissom told Catherine he didn't know where Sara was. Maybe she hopped a ship and took off on an adventure to give herself some distance. I mean, really, if I felt I'd been asked to walk away from a relationship by the love of my life, I'd probably need a big old buffer to make sure I didn't try to walk back again. But maybe that's just me.
    We'll find out soon .... can't wait!

Ali

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.