Eric & Calleigh #31 - A Vote For E/C Is A Vote For Shirtless Eric!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Yeah, me too. I spend entirely too much time worrying about Eric and Calleigh. My family is getting ready to have an intervention for me, but it won't work. I'm an addict.

Question for the group: How do you think that Calleigh's guilt over the witness dying will affect her relationship with Eric. Will she blame him subconscientiously since he didn't help her try to save that guy? I know, he was pinned down with debris. Do you think that she will have guilt because her first thought was of Eric rather than the witness?

These are the kind of things that make you go hmmm...:rolleyes:

2. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I hope that she realizes that she almost lost Eric (again) and that she opens up a bit. I would really like to see her persuading him for a change. Corey said that her walls will crack in Wrecking Crew and we saw that. Now I can't wait to see what happens next. The bad thing is that we just keep on waiting and, for me, it's the only reason I watch the show, so I'm afraid that once they get together the storyline is going to become boring or that the writers are going to ruin it in some way. I guess they are afraid of the same thing, that's why they're not getting them together.

3. Jud

Jud Hit and Run

first of all hello to everyone (I'm new here on the board, however I've been following it for while:) )
    Second: I was very disapointed as well. This episode could have had some great EC interactions. I also feel a bit better. Calleigh admitting to Eric that she wasn't okay, is a big step. He's definately the only one she's able to admit it 2. But at the end of the episode I really hoped Eric would walk in the room. Then taking her hand in his. The end image would be them standing next to each other holding hands. I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer...:(

4. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Hi, Jud! Welcome!

5. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Welcome Jud! The more the merrier I always say! :hugegrin:

I think that we will get something concrete by Christmas. February sweeps will bring some new trauma for Eric or Calleigh or possibly both, and the season finale will show the team realizing that they are a couple.

Just my opinion... :p

6. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

I have looked. At all positive moments ( the hand to a shoulder, admitting that not everything is OK), line with Er and C likes going to continue some more years until they'll dare to take each other for a hand.
    Scenarists really are sadists and torturers. I would not be surprised if after some episodes we’ll just know, that our pair already have solved all, but in a secret from viewers and from team.
    It seems that anybody from writers isn't ready to take the responsibility for choice of concrete pair. While they can satisfy dreams of all shippers.

7. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Hello "Stands up" My name is Flash I have very unstable E/C addiction! I would just like to say I'm still pissed this morning!!! Like I said last night on the show thread, The only turning point I seen was Natalia's Stomack when Wolf dump the sewage in the never ending its always in the toilet joke. Come on somebody throw us a frickin bone here!

And if I hear fiber of my being one more time! That is so 2 seasons ago! We're ovr it move on!

I just don't know! I'm just feel so used today. I'm so depressed, I really really wanted Eric to swoop in and save the day! Oh, Why do we torcher ourselves in this way!!! Why! Why! Why!!!!

On another note Wolf was pretty funny in that crane scene!

(Now back to the Drama.) Why! Why! Why! please for the love of god put them together and get it over with!!! Geeezz! AAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Ok, I'm fine! I'll be ok, don't worry I'll get over it! NOT! Bad Cory Bad!!!!

8. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I think this episode was really great for Calleigh and her letting down of her walls. She has never reacted to a case this way before and that will definately begin to affect her in the future and how she does her job.

I liked how she handled the situation at the end of the ep in the morgue.

There could have been more E/C imo but I she hasn't broken down yet and when she does Eric will be there for her. He was last night but she is not ready yet for the emotional support Eric wants to give her and part of him knows that.

The thing I found most interesting was when he asked her if she was alright and for the first time ever, I think, she replied "no."

So it will be interesting to see where things go from here.

9. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

I have never been more happy to know that somebody was not okay. :lol:

I mean, even after Calleigh's kidnapping, she insisted that she was okay - it was Eric who had to get through to Calleigh by admitting that he wasn't okay. And now we have Calleigh actually admitting that she's not okay - who would've thought we'd ever see that? I wish we could've gotten more reaction from Eric at her admission, because obviously this was a first for him too. I'm so writing missing scene/elaboration fic, even though I have no time in which to do so, lol.

What I'm most disappointed in is that we didn't get a scene at the end. I kept waiting, but nothing. I mean, there couldn't have been a more perfect place for some EC development. But oh well - what we did get was good, and I'm trying not to be too disappointed because it could've been a lot worse - I mean, we've all been through season four. ;)

If there is anything I've been waiting on for the majority of this season and last - maybe even since the end of S3, to be perfectly honest - it's what you mentioned, Jackie. Calleigh is getting close to an inevitable breakdown. I don't think early-season Calleigh would've had the exact same reactions that Calleigh had last night, and I think that's because her emotional walls are/have been slowly worn down by everything (SYG, her kidnapping, Jake vs Eric, etc.). I mean, she was this close to losing it in the scene with Eric and the dead guy's wife and son. She just kind of...retreated, I guess.

But there is no way that she's not getting close, and I do think that when it all finally becomes too much and she breaks, Eric is going to be right there beside her, ready to hold her when she falls apart in his arms, aww. He's so sweet.

10. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Yes! I am SO glad you're writing a missing scene/elaboration fic. The episode sorely needs it.

I couldn't agree with you more on the ending needing a scene between them, after she finished saying her goodbye to William. Why oh why does every episode HAVE to end with Horatio, wouldn't it have been nicer for it to end with Calleigh going to Eric, or Eric there waiting for her after she left the morgue?

The more pessimistic side of me is coming out and thinking that it may not even be this season we see Eric and Calleigh finally coming together. Last season was so chock full of E/C moments, even little small ones... but this season so far has seemed to be more devoid of them, save the How Does That Make You Kill episode (that was major) and the tiny moments from last nights episode. But, like you, I do still hold out hope for that episode where Calleigh finally breaks, and Eric is right there to catch her. I just hate getting my hopes up every Monday night only to be disappointed again.

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

As soon as I saw Horatio I was like "oh no, this is the end and we are not getting the EC scene". I'm so sad I was right. During the morgue scene I kept hoping Eric would come in and just give her a hug. They didn't have to speak or anything just a hug and the camera slowly backing out and credits. I really want a good hug and last night's eppy was just perfect for it.

Corey mentioned in his interview that they were taking baby steps with the EC relationship and man is that true. Right now it's so exasperating! The only thing that keeps me hoping is the fact that he said this:

Right now this is the strand of hope I'm clinging to.

12. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

You give hope by your reasonings.

Now to read good fic would be a fine therapy.

13. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

They Could have at least had Eric show up in the observation gallery behind her in the morge. He could have just watched her from there maybe and then come into the room or met her at the door or something to take her home. That just blowed it for me when they didn't have him come in.

14. Kazalene

Kazalene Rookie

I quite liked that it was just Calleigh in this scene; it was something she needed to go through alone, I think. And so that we could see her walls really are starting to crack... EC things shall lead on from this. I hope, anyway.

15. carolinam91

carolinam91 Police Officer

I'm not giving up hope, why? Well Corey's interview is giving me hope. Yes, I was hoping for at least a hug; it was towards the end of the episode where I was like this sucks!! No big E/C scenel. But, I do have to agree, that the whole scene with Calleigh saying that she's not okay was really the first time she has "no". I'm just kind of I guess worried/scared, because we don't have any E/C spoilers for the rest of the episodes. I'm hoping that we get something on that whole Epi 10, i thinkg, about Eric.
    Knowing the writers, they are probably going to make us wait till the season finale for a kiss, because Corey did say that the CSIs' lives would change by the end of the season, so maybe we'll get something by the season finale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.