Your Thoughts on the upcoming Danny/Lindsay development (SPOILERS!!!)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 12, 2008.

?

Is a D/L baby a good thing for CSI: NY?

1. Yes

89 vote(s)
    41.6%
  2. No

84 vote(s)
    39.3%
  3. I'm not sure yet

40 vote(s)
    18.7%
  4. No opinion

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  1. melanie33

melanie33 Hit and Run

Re: Your Thoughts on the upcoming Danny/Lindsay development (SPOILERS!

I have been reading various comments around the board, I thought this was as good a place as any to reply to those comments.

Tell me this. How would a D/R baby be any the less soapy.? Rikki coming back pregnant is concentrated melodrama at its finest, so would Lindsay being pregnant to another man. Because of how they played the phonecall in PF.

And before you mention the scenes being switched. IMO that made no difference, AT ALL. Because if Danny calling Lindsay was only because Rikki had gone, well that would have made him a manipulative a** playing with peoples emotions for his own selfish purposes.

D/R IMO opinion was never about Love and Romance. It was about two people dealing with their mutual greif and in Dannys case guilt. We were never IMO meant to route for them as a couple. If you saw more, you saw more, but the dialouge between them in both RND and PF sort of contradicts it being about Love. Rikki said "last night was just sex" Danny says "Ruebens dead" Thats how he was justifying it, in his mind. Rikki them basically told him that one day he would wake up and see things differently to how he was seeing them now. And basically he would regret what the guilt had made him do. Then Danny in PF basically tells her she was right all along, and that what they were doing was bad i.e wrong.

Also if your going off the theory, what did Lindsay do to help Danny. Well what did Flack, Mac, Stella, Hawkes, Adam, Sid, and Angell do to help him? Flack and Lindsay were concerned and kinda helped him in AITF, and Angell was concerned somewhat in a following episode but no one else seemed to be worried about him. Those were the only times it was alluded to anyone helping/being concerned about him. Honestly I think we were meant to assume Danny wouldn't let anyone help him. I mean, he even told Flack he should have minded his own buisness in AITF.

And in regards to spoilers. Whose fault is it, that people possibly interpreted them wrong. TPTB never specifically said, D and L would split up. Never said Rikki would come back pregnant, never specifically said, that Lindsay would have a new love interest. PL basically ignored that question when Kristine made mention of it.

To state that a storyline changed without proof, and condem TPTB calling them and CBS weak for giving into D/L fans is wrong IMO.(PL said the storyline in regards to D/L/R had changed, but he didnt say the direction or the outcome of the storyline in regards to D/L/R had changed)

TPTB had told the D/L fans that they would like how the season ended for D/L, all that changed IMO is the timeline and how they went about it, because of AB's pregnancy.

Lets see. PV said "things are going to be a little rocky for them this season" Um hell yeah, its an unplanned pregnancy people(and has to be played as such, everthing changes over night which has a ripple affect on their whole lives including their jobs and their relationship). And then she kind of goes on to explain in part her previous comment somewhat in her next line of "A lot of things will happen with Danny that dont involve Lindsay" A lot of things could happen to him, he could get into trouble at work, Ollie could turn up dead making D and R prime suspects and all this could happen while AB is on maternity leave, and L's absense is explained by her going home to Montana. "But shes going to come to the rescue" I assume she will be back in time to help him out of the what he has gotten himself into and then she says " and she will still be a part of that relationship" Yup, they still could be together.

Then she makes the comment about "eyes for someone else" "he will recur for several episodes and of course he will be very attractive" Now hmm, that could be anyone, PV did not specifically say it was a love interest (IMO all eyes for someone else means is that her attention is focused on something/somebody else), that was added by Ausiello. It also could be someone she works with to get Danny out of the crap he has gotten himself into, or it could be a son, a brother a Father, hell it could be even Louie (we can hope). That far out from the season premiere all PV was doing was getting people to speculate, she was not going to reveal that far out about writing in AB's pregancy, that would ruin everything. Spoilers only have to make sense in the heads of those that actually say them. PV knows the story arcs for the season, we dont.

Saying that, I'm not going to say I have interepreted PV statements right either, but I also am not saying what I posted is fact. Mine are assumptions and opinions nothing more

Umm. What do we know about Danny. Basically about as much as we know about Lindsay. We know of his tanglewood connections, we know he has a brother Louie, we know he and his Dad got beaten up by a gypsy cab driver when he was 10, we know he once had a girlfriend called Cindy, we know a wrist injury ended his baseball career and that he used to play in a band at one stage, he owns a harley, he lives alone, ummm what else, Oh his Moms a good cook. Its never been explained why he acts the way he does.

And people are still generalizing, how do you/we know whom fans sypmathize with? But if your going to generalize, I saw a lot more people symathsizing with Lindsay last season than Danny after the whole cheating with the greiving Mother storyline.:rolleyes:

Also unless you have some physic powers or have seen the episodes leading up to episode 9, how do you know, if we dont see things from Lindsay's perspective leading up to her telling Danny?

And for those that are contradicting TPTB's words about D and L being happy about this. The words *sad* and *confused* have been used in a way on this board, to basically say Danny is sad about Lindsay being pregnant and confused, no idea ( but I think Danny knows how it happened). But IMO it basically ties into what I said in my last post. Danny F****d up last season in regards to Lindsay. IMO Danny is sad because Lindsay had to resort to lying to him rather than tell him, because of how she thought he would react. I dont think he understands initially her exact reasons, (hense him being confused) but from what I have seen from my sources his attitude seems to change later on. Actions and regrets were alluded to. I believe what was meant by that was, he was regretting things that had happened in the past, things IMO that made Lindsay react the way she did, in not telling him about the pregnancy.

Also this is a crime drama. Personal moments, especially pertaining to a big storyline like this, is always going to have to be tied into the crime aspect of the show. They cant have Danny and Lindsay discussing this for the whole 45 minutes of the show. It makes sense IMO for us to be seeing it though Danny's eyes in this episode rather than Lindsay's(afterall Lindsay already knows, Danny is just finding out), because I think Dannys reactions and actions, and how he deals with this situation will be in stark contrast to last season. Danny was in the wrong last season, he was selfish and self destructive when faced with a difficult situation, he tried to deal on his own and pushed Lindsay away, rather than let her help him. Not realizing he was hurting her/their relationship in the process. Lindsay's rections to Danny about this pregnancy IMO make perfect sense and so does seeing it from Danny's perspective, because the fiasco of last season, will still be fresh in viewers/Lindsay's/Danny's minds, and most/Lindsay would probably expect Danny to react to this situation the same way he reacted to the last difficult situation he was faced with.

ETA: In regards to Danny's vacation time.(which was mentioned further up) From what I have seen, its NOT stated that he is going on a *road trip*, its NOT mentioned how long he is having off, or even if he is going anywhere. And if indeed he is going somewhere, its NOT known if he is going alone or with someone else.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

This has been discussed before in various threads (including this one), but I'm feeling generous so I'll summarize the reasons for you:

1. Rikki is a recurring character so the pregnancy would be in the background where it belongs.

2. With Rikki it would actually make sense because we saw a sexual relationship between her and Danny on screen. TPTB didn't backtrack after the actress announced her pregnancy and make up a sex scene that never happened on screen. It's always better to show a relationship status than to have to tell the audience a relationship status.

3. It would actually be a compelling story. Seeing two people dealing with a pregnancy that happened because they were grieving the loss of another child would be interesting to see. How would that change their relationship? How would they both cope with the news? With TPTB saying both Lindsay and Danny will be "happy" about the news, it doesn't look good for anything but a continuation of the cliched romance they've been pushing since S2. It sounds a lot like more telling the audience what's happening rather than showing.

4. Some people feel Rikki and Danny have showed a thousand times more chemistry in a few short scenes than Danny and Lindsay have in three seasons. It's much more interesting to watch a story line when the characters have chemistry.

I don't think it was about love and romance for very many people. It was about guilt and grief. However, the chemistry was there between the two actors so people could see the relationship eventally turning to one of romance and love. Danny and Lindsay haven't been about love and romance either. Lindsay said she loves Danny, but there's been no indication they were in a relationship at all. Also just because Danny and Rikki chose an unhealthy way to deal with their pain and guilt doesn't mean the whole of their relationship needs to be unhealthy. The fact that they actually talked about what they were doing and made sure they were both on the same page shows that even when they were screwed up they were more healthy than Danny and Lindsay's relationship has ever been. There was huge potential to move the relationship past the point of being about grief and guilt.

Since we're laying blame for misinterpreting spoilers, I'll say this: There's no way that TPTB saying Lindsay will have eyes for an another attractive man could be referring to a family member or the baby. The fact of the matter is the spoilers did a 180 after Anna Belknap's pregnancy was announced. I don't think many people thought DL would be over for good even if Rikki came back pregnant - hoped, yes, but didn't believe it was definitely happening. However, there was definitely an indication DL would be over for the time being. Now we're supposed to believe they're happily expecting a child together when they've had no interaction since the dreaded rain walk conversation. I'm sorry, but to me that makes it pretty obvious TPTB are now trying to do damage control to make this shift in direction one that was planned all along. IMO, they're doing a really shitty job of it. As for Peter Lenkov, he said that Danny and Lindsay's relationship had "cooled" when Danny and Rikki hooked up. That is not even close to ignoring the question. Just because you don't like an answer doesn't mean you get to pretend it was never given.

That would make sense if they knew about Anna's pregancy at the end of last season. They didn't, so that means they didn't change the timeline in regards to DL fans being happy at the end of S4. They just didn't deliver the goods.

It's funny how you pick and choose which statements TPTB make. PV says what you want to hear so her statements are just hunky dory. But when PL and/or PV makestatements you don't want to hear you twist the meaning or pretend they never addressed the issue. That really does nothing for your credibility.

What? That doesn't even make any sense. Having "eyes for someone else" means she's attracted to some other guy. There's no other meaning for that statement. You're completely misinterpreting that statement.

They didn't reveal AB's pregnancy early on because they didn't know about it. As soon as they did know about it the spoilers changed dramatically. It had nothing to do with throwing people off.

Now you're the one backtracking. If you're saying the people you disagree with are misinterpreting the spoilers you are saying you're right and they are wrong.

His tanglewood connections and his relationship with his brother Louie is more than enough to explain why he does some of the things he does. It explains why he worked so hard for approval from Mac and others. It explains why he lets himself be treated badly by those who are close to him. It explained his predjudice against gypsy cab drivers. We can predict how Danny will respond to a given situation based on what has been revealed about his character and what has been shown on screen in his reactions and actions. With Lindsay we don't know how she'll react in a given situation, and even if we do the performance is usually so bad that what comes across on screen is not the intended outcome.

When did we say we weren't generalizing? No one here has claimed to speak for the entire fan base. But on this board there are a lot of people who sympathize with Danny way more than Lindsay. We're expressing an opinion and not claiming to have numbers proving our point.

We don't know for sure, but everything TPTB have said about the story line so far has been in relation to Danny. From what they've said so far Lindsay is just a glorified incubator. That's what we're basing our statements on - what TPTB have said about the story line to this point.

Danny didn't f*ck up in regards to Lindsay in a lot of people's eyes. That's your opinion and nothing more. There is nothing in Lindsay's history with Danny to make her believe she couldn't tell him about the baby. This is a man who supported her enough to fly across the freaking country even though she pushed him away. This is a man who sits and takes her tantrums and lectures without much argument. Again, TPTB can try and tell us that Danny should have to make things up to Lindsay and regret his treatment of her, but that doesn't mean they've adequately shown it on screen. As far as I'm concerned Lindsay ends up looking like a selfish, manipulative bitch who knows how to take advantage of Danny and kick him when he's down. Until they show me otherwise they can tell me anything until the're blue in the face and I won't believe it.

It makes perfect sense because Lindsay has never been anything but selfish and manipulative from the get to. Danny has done nothing but support Lindsay through her difficult times and she has no reason to believe he'd do anything but support her during the pregnancy. How does his wanting to grieve in his own way and time turn into him not supporting her? Oh that's right. It doesn't. They're not even close to the same thing. Like others have said, it would make sense to have things shown from both their perspectives equally. The fact that Lindsay is the one pregnant and possibly facing life as a single mother should be just as important if not more important than how Danny reacts. TPTB choosing to look at it only from Danny's perspective - based on what they've said so far anyway - says to me that they know having Anna carry the story won't work. And I agree whole hartedly with them. It's best to leave Lindsay as a glorified incubator. At least Anna should be able to pull that off adequately.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

At the end of the day, what we know about Lindsay is really surface. There's no depth to her character. When she walks into a scene, I can't guess how she'll react in any given instance. Danny, on the other hand, is a fully fleshed-out character. Take the last episode, "The Cost of Living": Danny was horrified that Wolford yanked the necklace off of the dead man's neck. Of course Danny was--that's a very Danny reaction. He's still rather innocent and shocked by people's cruelties towards each other. It's a nice character moment, and very in keeping with what we've seen from him over the last few seasons. Lindsay has had no such consistent development.

Danny, we know a whole lot of things about him, so it seems like almost by default more people identify and sympathize with him. Lindsay, not as much. I don't know if that's because we don't know as much about her or the fact the story is shown so much from Danny's point of view.

This seriously makes me laugh. "Have eyes for" has always had romantic connotations.

I think most people know that. Just a few who seem to have a problem accepting that... despite that even the executive producers have said the storylines changed.

The idea that we know as much about Lindsay as we do about Danny is frankly laughable. :lol:

Yeah, yeah...repetitive much? Come back when you've got something new to say.

Oh, but...

It does amuse me that you continue to make assumptions about this interview just because you don't seem to like what was said. Lenkov said the storyline "did indeed change"--he just went to add on not to count Rikki out. Don't make arrogant assumptions just because you don't like the answers, or they don't fit your rather out there theories.

"Have eyes for" referring to her "son." :lol: I must have missed the memo from TPTB that announced they'd decided on the sex of the baby already. :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

I'm gonna try to keep this as applicable to Thoughts on DL and not WLMG, though the topic is in both threads. I'm sure I'll migrate there as well, but it's interesting to read contasting views that don't often make it in over there.

Breaking DL up would be one thing that might make this situation more interesting to watch, honestly, and give each character a way to develop somewhat independently of each other even if they are now still forever tied because of a child between them.

More generally, I don't think a baby can glue together a couple or make things better or whole for anyone.

If the writers really did go that route, ...say when a certain five year period is up, I somehow don't think it would be Danny who would go anywhere. :p

I think both are accurate. Danny is just generally a more substantial character, and Belknap's acting has done exceptionally little to make Lindsay on par with him as a partner or a character in general. Funny how 'character in general' came out second to 'DL partner' there. What can we truly expect for her outside of DL now that there's a baby involved, seen primarily thru Danny's eyes? Even if she does later get equal time?

I at least feel that I know Danny better than Lindsay. That speaks to performance above all else. Sympathies aside, if Danny is more simply understandable to me acting is a reason why.

I guess we also do see things mostly from Danny's POV, or at least that we see more of Danny in general. But even if I never see something told in an episode specifically from Angell's or Sid's point of view, for example, they're both compelling to watch when onscreen. Don't find it to be so with Lindsay.

I'll say again that I do not have to unconditionally like or even sympathize with a character at all times to recognize or appreciate what they bring to a specific episode or to the show as a whole. But no one can tell me that Lindsay is integral to this team or to this show, or even valuable, beyond the buzz of controversey. Verging into WLMG, so I'll try to keep focus. Whether I like them or not, I want the main canon characters to bring complexity and layers to the team's dynamics, with their characters and interaction bringing additional commentary, subtext, and flavour to the overall premise of the show. And I expect more than a romance or pregnancy to be what a chararacter has to offer, work with, or grow from.

:lol: Love that. Montana and the Monologue of Doom. :p makes her sound like she needs her own soundtrack or something. :lol: Actually, it might help. Unfortunately, I sense sequels on the horizon.

Where Lindsay actually is in all this has never once been directly addressed by TPTB, has it? I gather Anna may be scaling back her level of involvement in the show in light of her pregnancy, but I don't see how they can deny Lindsay too much screentime with this before Anna takes maternity leave, even if the focus continues to be seen from Danny's perspective.

Again, nothing's been said that they're not gonna give Lindsay equal time, but that they've said nothing at all is also interesting.

Are you implying that DL even without the pregnancy hasn't been Soapy? :lol: Swimming in bubbles here. Hazard. Mop the floor before someone gets hurt.

Pregnancy does not have to default to melodrama. Criminal Minds was a comparison brought up in a different thread, and I think it's fair to say that the pregnancy of a main character on that show avoided being handled in a melodramatic fashion. I also agree with a point brought up that the pairing of a canon with a recurring character is a large part of why this has also been successful. Given the track record of TPTB, DL, and Anna in particular, I've less hope for CSINY to manage as well.

RL for Anna meant some decision had to be made regarding how to manage her involvement in production. For whatever reasons, this time around the pregnancy was written into the show for Lindsay. They decided also to make Danny the father. That reverts them to a canon pairing that has long split the viewers, has been given next to no direct screen time of late, and is one that I personally speculate even TPTB believed had been played out. The pairing and now pregnancy between two main canon characters affects not only those two characters but all who they work with. Yes, yes it does. You cannot deny that a pregnancy in a team affects or alters the whole of it. Moreso because it's between two of the members. The risks of melodrama because of that are absolutely compounded.

We'll never know how melodramatic or not a Rikki pregnancy would have been. But how the involvement was portayed by Carmine and Jacqueline Pinol (?I think the actress' name is?), was, in my opinion, powerful, and of a higher caliber and more moving than anything we've seen for DL.

I would not have been interested in seeing any pregnancy introduced as a way to provide pithy material for the actors, or way to develop the characters on a crime show. But here we are.

I think Danny and Rikki were mostly seeking solace and absolution in each other as a way to manage the rawness of their grief, guilt and pain. Beyond that, if you take a look over at the shipper pages, no one can possibly ever say who's going to find what pairing appealing, or who anyone is hoping to get together :lol:. Yes, within canon, Danny and Lindsay :censored:'d on his pool table. And Danny and Rikki :censored:'d elsewhere in his apartment. So. What. Honestly. Didn't root for either one. Meh. Maybe the former was done not because it was Time but partly to make Adam vulnerable and alone in the warehouse in Snow Day. How's that, a table top shag not from lurv but in service of infiltrating lab security :lol: The latter actually fit the story in a really nuanced performance. I think a return by Rikki, even if pregnant with Danny's child, would have had layers that DL has never managed to attain in how many seasons together? Wouldn't have been particularly interested in that either, but just saying.

First I've ever heard implied that that's why all this is going down. Powerful lobby DL's got huh. :p

I really hope you mean that personal moments should be seconded to the Crime premise of the show, presented only in a manner that won't upstage it. Godsdamn but I can only friggin hope that crime in New York City is not forgotten because of all this. :lol:

I'm not getting into posting on any interpetations of what Danny or Lindsay said or did or meant or didn't mean or how right or wrong either was at any given moment in any given episode. That kind of minutiae is not at my fingertips. And moreover, I don't care. I do not care. Do Not Care. Do. Not. Care.

I do not care for DL. About DL. Whatever. The show is not DL. It's premise does not circle around DL. The NY branch of the franchise should not be so hinged on DL and potentially sinkable because of DL. I was indifferent to DL, then patiently tolerant and for a long time. But now they're breeding. No. No no no. We were so close to letting it all just fade into whatever happy interpetations each wanted to create for themselves as DL receded in prominence and screentime. TPTB hinted that, together or not, maybe something new and interesting in some fashion might happen for each character independently of each other this season. That was my interpetation. My opinion. My hope. Not too unreasonable. Not beyond the realm. And why I am so hugely peeved that everything is reverting back to DL again. :angryrazz: :lol:

:brickwall:

*raises hand to answer* ummmm...
    > Messer's cojones many moons ago.
    > My interest in DL. Oh. Right. I never had any.
    > My tolerance for DL.
    > My patience for endless interpretive reconstruction of Canon history.
    > Any objective hope for Lindsay to develop independently.
    > Any personal hope for Danny to get many meaningful stories outside of this for a long time.
    > Any faith that any DL storyline or pregnancy will have a positive impact on the quality of the show. My hand basket is waiting for my trip south. See yas all there :lol:

5. melanie33

melanie33 Hit and Run

TOP41

Nope no Memo. I am speculating, is all. Where did I say it was fact? I said it could be a SON not that it was a SON. Also TPTB would know what sex they were going to make the kid, when they decided to write in the pregnancy. :rolleyes: The show is scripted, everything the characters say and do is written, its not like its RL and they have to wait for an ultrasound picture to tell them what the sex is or something. Oh and PV a WRITER on the show gave that spoiler, fancy that......

Everyone is entitled to an opinion thats your/my right.. What does irk me however is when people state their opinion as fact. There is no proof, none, that Rikki was coming back pregnant, no proof that Danny and Lindsay were going to split, no proof that Lindsay was to get a another love interest and no proof that Danny and Rikki would become an item.

It was all speculation that was based on spoilers, that were purposely ambiguous by nature. To get fans speculating before the start of the season.

I said my post in regards to that, was based on my own speculation and opinions not fact, nor that I was right.

There is also no proof that TPTB think Carmine is the better actor, just because you think that doesn't mean TPTB or anyone else has to agree with you. You are basing things on your own personal opinions and projecting them as the opinions of TPTB.

I get you dont like Lindsay or AB's acting , which is also your right, its a matter of personal opion, we all have dislikes and likes, that life. But to basically say a storyline IS (not could be) based on AB's lack of acting skills, because thats what you think, is wrong, you have no proof thats the case, and without going as far as to ask TPTB you will never know.

The fact of the matter is it makes complete sense to do it this way. CSI NY is a drama. Where would the drama be if Lindsay tells Danny and they are so estatic about it. That very rarely happens in RL with an unplanned pregnancy. And knowing how Danny reacts to different/difficult situations and especially how they played Danny dealing with crap like that least year, dont you think from an audience point of veiw they would get more out of Danny finding out and showing veiwers his reaction to the news and seeing how he deals. If he deals the same as last time, he has learnt nothing from his previous mistakes, if he reacts differenty well then he has, and Danny becomes a more rounded character.

Like I said, we dont know if we see it from L's perspective before episode 9, it was that episode(9) Pam Veasey was refering to when she said "What happens is told through Danny's eyes" not the whole storyline.

Lindsay is pregnant, she cant run away from the responsibility she has to deal with it.The often percieved, commitment phobe "I'll never fall in love and have children" player Danny, on the other hand can. Danny from season 1, 2 and even 3 and 4 possibly would have. Thats what seeing it through Danny's eyes is all about. How will he react? Will he accept his responsibility? Does he love Lindsay enough to stay with her? It also gives more insight into how what happened last season has affected D and L's relationship. People forget, Danny was the one in the wrong, Danny was the one that nearlly screwed up, Danny was the one that pushed Lindsay away and disrespected her trust. Not the other way around. So now we are going to see how all these things affect Danny, and how they come into play in regards to Lindsay not telling him she was pregnant.

I am sure that we will get a lot more insight into how Lindsay is dealing with it closer to AB's maternity leave, its my PO that in part why Lindsay acts the ways she does, is connected to her upbringing and family life. PV said we would learn more about her and her family. It makes complete sense that, thats the way they are going to show how Lindsay's dealing with this.

Bias's IMO naturally play into how people see things. It clear to me in this case, that because you and others dont like AB's acting, you automatically think thats why its being done from Danny's POV. You give me no other reason to believe otherwise. Its all. AB's cant do the dramatic stuff, or TPTB know Fans are more invested in Danny than Lindsay or Carmine is a better actor. Like I said, without proof, we have no way of knowing.

And to the Danny is loosing his B***s comments, that appear in every thread.

I love that Danny is not perfect, he has faults, it makes him seem more real. But I also love that TPTB are making him grow and change, becoming more mature, learning from his mistakes. Its got nothing to do with Danny losing his b***s because IMO he is actually growing a pair, instead of acting like a self centred, self destructive, arrogant, emo, A** like he was last season, he is actually acting like a MAN.

Just like PV said "This is the beginning of the tough kid's change of character."

I also dont see what all these Lindsay is selfish comments are based on. Can some one fill me in? I have yet to see her acting selfish, last season, she gave Danny space, because thats what she thought he wanted. Its not her fault that she went through that crap as a kid, and cant deal with the heavy stuff. IMO I think that TPTB will focus on that this season, now she is having a child, she is going to have to face up to things, and learn to be more open and like Danny not run away from problems and instead face them.

Having a child makes you put things into perspective. And those things I mentioned above in regards to the characters growing, changing and maturing is IMO why TPTB wrote in AB's pregnancy. Not just to accomodate a pregnant actress. It gives em more to work with.

Also sometimes characters have to be torn down, taken to the lowest of lows so they can be reconstructed, that IMO is what happened to Danny last season and thats how they are somewhat explaining his change of character, they effectively tore him down, so they could build him up and make him into a more rounded character.

It also makes sense to me, that Rikki would return, Danny is going to become a father, it brings the storyline full circle...Lindsay being pregnant may have changed how many episodes Rikki appears in or to somewhat her storyline, but I never, ever believed that she would come back pregnant, or that she was there to cause more drama for Danny and Lindsay, I just dont see why TPTB would continue on with that. D and R have a connection, that much is obvious, after what they went through together they would have to, but a romantic one or them being eachother's twu wuv's, I just dont see it. JMHO of course.

6. jolein

jolein Pathologist

Well,considering that they only just annouced that they write pregnancy in I doubt that they had thought about a sex at all.
    Plus I have seen a lot of so called die hard D/L fans saying that it would be a son,otherwise the statement that she would have eyes for someone else wouldn`t fit in their precious little bubble.

Pot meet kettle

Nope,but considering that most storylines which feature D/L are written from Danny`s point of view says a lot,if not everything.

Hahaha,you seriously don`t believe that we get anything remotly decent from Lindsay`s side,do you.
    I suspect Lindsay drops the news on Danny and then on the rest of the team and walks,uhm no runs away because she can`t handle the reaction because boohoo she is the lost little country girl pregnant in the big city.

Yes,she can because she is "Mighty Montana"

Ah yes,the old Danny is a player comment,because if anything else fails pull that one out.
    Sorry to break your bubble but it is never stated nor shown that Danny is a player.
    If anything he has more respect in his little pinkie then Lindsay has for him in her whole body.

For someone who says she loves the character you sure are bashing him.
    Danny grows allright but not because his tru wub his Lindsay but because he has to if he is gonna survive his own life.

Moving on.

Besides the fact that it effects Danny and miss sunshine,I hope they show the reactions of the team aswel.
    I hope Mac decideds that Lindsay has to stay in the lab now that she is pregnant and if she is becoming a mum.

7. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Yep. A good context to keep in mind generally. But sometimes people seem to get mighty testy all the same.

I get the impression that most people support statements offered as factual with sources to substantiate them, and are quite open to discussing all else that is opinion.

:lol: I don't thnk anyone has projected any of their opinions as those of TPTB, but have enjoyed personally speculating on what some of their motivations might be.

I do happen to think Carmine is the better actor. I can only hope for the sake of the show TPTB and I might have that little something in common. Even if they're never allowed for the sake of decorum or legalities to do anything other than spin Anna one of the most proficient, gifted, rare and wonderful finds television has ever had. Just opinion in there. No facts. Well. For a fact I know I believe that Carmine's a better actor.

That has all been, as you say, speculation given what struck some people as atypical and worthy of looking at in the decision to have the very first revelation, to Danny at least, of Lindsay being pregnant, a huge and life altering moment especially for the woman, being told not from her persepctive but apparently seen thru the father's eyes. No one has claimed to know the true mind and intent behind this. Free to ply or deny possibilities as equally as you about anything at all.

Maybe TPTB wanted Melina to speak bthantu in the last ep but she couldn't quite get the accent down. Greek was a fallback in case she screwed up, but she managed to turn that foray into a second episode that will follow up on story involving Greek artifacts and a corrupt consulate member, or whatever he is, all the while singing tribal hymns, partying with miscellaneous Reality TV hosts and Indiana wannabes and stealing random Immunity Figures from Lot 9A. Maybe Anna has one as a good luck charm. Maybe Pam Veasey juggles dwarf hamsters in her spare time. Maybe there's a specific set of considerations that led to 5.09 being seen thru Danny's eyes. Maybe it was Anna's idea. Or not. Without going so far as to ask TPTB, I ...will never know. And I'll have to live with that. :p

But it's fun to speculate.

I don't think anyone has put a word forward as anything but chat. I'm really tempted to refer you again to point number one. ;)

I, me, personally, speaking for no one other person, entity, corporation, group or gathering, or gathering of gatherings, do simply think nay opine and consider that AB's (Anna Belknap's) dramatic Stuff has stood out as substandard among her cast peers to the point I me personally felt it detracted from the verisimilitude of a scene or moment. I none other often find AB's performances have a duality in that I who? question what the writer's intent for Lindsay might have been versus how she came across. To er, me.

I have no idea why TPTB has chosen to play 5.09 thru Danny's eyes, and don't pretend to. Can I also add that IMO frankly TPTB or anyone would be an ass if they thought all show fans were invested in Danny. See uh, ooh gimme a sec, point three I think it is, about Carmine.

:lol: aww. Come on. I'm tired. It's late and it vaguely amused me. :p Can I mebbe refer you to point number one once more?

:lol: I think Danny's been on curve since Season One, butting heads with Mac, behaving in a manner that removed him the promotion grid, dealing with Louie, yada, though things did of course take a different turn after he met Ms. Monroe. I acknowledge that. And you got upset with my personal take on it. :lol: He's also mid thirties and hardly a kid. And he's never been particularly tough.

PV spouting this or not, I have an opinion on her statement. It's called Spin. A cheerful soundbite to push how wonderful and edgy everything is in the face of unexpected change in a way that will promote the show's decisions in adapting on the fly. I'm just cynical enough to read it that way.

Glad to exchange IMOs with ya.

:thumbsup: ;)

:lol: I ammend. Mighty Montana and the Monologue of Doom. Wait I need my ipod.

I hope they do too. It's only fitting that at some point we get to see how everyone feels about it. Wonder if they'll be told all at once, by Danny or Lindsay, or find out independently,

Might also point out that lab chemicals aren't necessarily the greatest either. Doable with the right gear. Not always the most photogenic. But hey. Its tv. But at least they don't generally shoot at you. Or throw you down stairs.

8. jolein

jolein Pathologist

:guffaw: I think I got lost half way but I completly agree

Credit were credit is due this comes straight out of the mouth of a Lindsay fan,so I can`t take credit for that.
    Ironically,it just comes back biting the ***ss of some(not all,cause I know a few who cringe at the mighty montana saying) Lindsay fans.

I think that is what a lot of people say on this board too.
    What better then to trow some spoilers around,just to keep people talking.
    A grain of salt or rather a big bucket of that,I say

9. Top41

Really? Then why do you do it?

Everything posted here--aside from quotes, interviews, pics, etc.--is an opinion. It's a message board--it's filled with opinions, none of them more factual than others. Including yours. ;)

As has been said many, many times spoilers prior to the pregnancy reveal suggested that there were very different plans in motion for Danny and Lindsay. But, hey, you're free to believe whatever you want. At the end of the day, the pregnancy is what's happening. Even if it wasn't what was originally intended by TPTB. ;)

Again...just speculation on what TPTB themselves are saying. It's so interesting that it's being told through Danny's eyes, isn't it? Rather than being about both characters?

That's definitely one we'll never know for sure. We can just look at how little Lindsay is on screen--you know, back in season four when she wasn't pregnant--and how little character development she's gotten since season three and speculate.

Perceived by whom? The Danny we've seen on screen seems to take his responsibilities pretty seriously.

People don't agree, which is a whole different thing than forgetting.

For the umpteenth time? Nah, why bother. Your comments are repeating like a broken record, and I've got better things to do.

Moving on to less stale discussion...I feel like it's been talked a lot about Danny growing up, but how do you guys see Lindsay growing up in the process of all of this? Personally, I'd like to see more responsibility from her...you can walk away from a boyfriend when he's grieving, but not from a crying baby. I'd like to see a little more compassion from her and a willingness to extend herself out to others.

As for Danny growing up, I think he'll need to be less impulsive. Danny tends to think with his heart rather than his head, and he's going to need to control that a little better. I also hope he's learned from the incident with Ruben that you have to be super-vigilant with children...he can't let the kid out of his sight while he takes a phone call, for instance. But I have a feeling that's one lesson he's learned. ;)

What do you guys think?

10. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I'd like to see Lindsay be more responsible and respectful. I think that she's selfish in how (to me) it seemed that she made Danny's grief about her needs and him not coming to her. I also think that's disrespectful of her.

And I thought the same thing about the friend that did that to me.

For Danny, I'm hoping he isn't as aggressively emotional. It's great, but at the same time, it gets him into trouble. I don't think that he can afford that with a baby, because this might be the time it really f***s him up. Moreso than earning Mac's wrath, moreso than anything else in the past.

At least I hope, anyway.

11. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I totally agree with that. Lindsay has never had much development, but a constant thing with her is her selfishness, or at least being very self centered. Once the baby comes, she won't be the most important person in her life anymore-that child will be. Hopefully this will lead to her taking some responsibility overall with everything: work, her relationships, etc.

I have a scary feeling that TPTB is going to paint her as the poor woe-as-me-i'm-pregnant-country-girl though...and I really hope they don't.
    As for Danny, I really hope TPTB do a decent job with portraying the idea that Danny will have to be in charge of a child, when the last one under his care died. That incident has definitely made an impact on his heart and mind forever, and I hope there is at least an allusion to that in this storyline--maybe him being very overprotective, something along those lines. As Top 41 said, his impulsive nature is going to need to be toned down a bit if he will be caring for a child. It'll be interesting to see how he handles the news, though.

(i swear though, if he hears the news and is completely cool with it, i'm afraid i might :brickwall: myself into a concussion.:shifty:)

What do you guys think?[/quote]

12. jolein

jolein Pathologist

I think Lindsay needs to realise that she isn`t the only one in the world who has gone through a rough time.
    She should really step up to the plate and take controle over her own life instead of relaying on others,especially Danny.

13. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I apologize if this has been asked, but I don't see the answer (might have over-looked it). Do we know when Lindsay will announce her pregnancy (well, I guess she needs to find out first, huh?).
    Thanks!

14. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

^^ The first mention of it is 5.09, but beyond that, I don't think we know.

15. Top41

Yep, 509. Apparently Danny sees Lindsay at a clinic when he and Stella are investigating and he chases her down for an explanation.