CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jolein

jolein Pathologist

Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

Thanks Fay,hehe well it just sounds too cute and I can see Adam struggling to ask Stella:lol:

Which feelings had Lindsay? oh yeah,she was mad because he declined lunch and suddenly she was in love with him and he was her best friend in the whole world of ny...
    Considering the fact that Danny is almost all the time in a storyline when it Lindsay concerend I say it is almost sure that the writers feel that Carmine can carry the storyline better then Anna but each to his own.

The trees make the forest but if there is one rotten tree then the whole forrest is losing part of charm.
    So,the other trees are overgrowing the rotten tree to make the forest beautiful and to make sure that the rotten doesn`t get the sunshine and dies away.

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Exactly. This is the biggest storyline at the moment, so of course lots of spoilers will refer to it. There is the Danny/Lindsay development thread that Top opened which people can use for discussing the storyline, and it has taken some of the load off this thread. But if it's a spoiler and people want to discuss it then it's fair game for this thread too.

I disagree. This is a CSI site, where people come to discuss one or all of the three shows. If people want to look at the smallest details or dissect each and every storyline and character then they can do, this is the perfect place for it. :lol: That's not to say people don't see the bigger picture and never consider it, most people do that quite a lot, but when it comes to discussion, I think it's often the details that count.

3. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

I think you are right -- that was my take as well on the reporting relationships.

I really hope they aren't getting rid of Sinclair. I was starting to like his dynamic with Mac and looking forward to seeing more of the political fallout from the budget cuts and missing flash drive. It probably would make more sense if Julia Ormond's character is replacing Gerrard.

Agree. If the new character is a strong, independent individual in her own right, I will be interested to see how she develops. If she's just there to make googly eyes at Mac, forget it. :rolleyes: Either way, I suspect this new character will have a "probationary" period, and having her around longer term will probably depend on whether she has decent chemistry with GS/Mac and also on the audience reaction.

Yeah, Jordan didn't work out too well. They seem intent on finding some kind of potential love interest for Mac, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if this new character is the latest candidate. So far I haven't been too impressed by their previous efforts but will try to remain open-minded.

Re: the D/L storyline, I think it could be interesting (for a while) to see the pregnancy intially from Danny's POV. The more I read, however, the more I wonder if the D/L plot is peaking too fast and whether the writers can sustain its dramatic potential for the four or five years that the show hopefully still has ahead. I wouldn't be surprised if they are already starting to look ahead to other potential pairings (e.g., Flack/Angell).

4. melanie33

melanie33 Hit and Run

Suddenly in love with him. How do you know that? Look, I dont oppose a differeing opinion, but seriously I think your just grasping at straws. I mean come on what show have you been watching the last 3 seasons. Its been shown there is something more than just a physical attraction between Danny and Lindsay. And they were in a realtionship after all, so its not really a shock she is in love with him. And normally your lover is your best friend, so thats not a stretch either.

And nah. She wasnt mad because he declined lunch. If you watched the scene properly you would see that. She said, and I quote " dont reduce me to some shallow clingy girlfriend thats trying to smother you ok, thats not what this is about" It wasnt about her Bday, or the lunch thing, thats what Danny thought it was about, not Lindsay.

To assume thats why its being done that way, is IMO silly. If she was that bad, why is she still on the show? Its a known fact that bias reads into peoples interpretations. And what I see here IMO is a classic case of that. I am sure the other 15 or so million veiwers dont even pay any attention or scrutinize every minute detail of AB's acting. They watch the show for entertainment, and if what they see entertains them they will keep coming back. No more, no less. No "Geez she cant act, or geez, her timing in that scene was way off, or Geez look how Flack is looking at her, man he must hate her" :rolleyes:

And if your so certain that TPTB think Carmine is a better actor. Show me where they have stated that . I want to see it. Whether he is is a matter of personal opinion. To state that its your opinion is fine, but to state that its others opinions as well IMO is just down right ridiculous.

5. Kelleigh

Kelleigh Witness

deleted

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  6. Kelleigh

Kelleigh Witness

7. jolein

jolein Pathologist

Woah,are we gonna get personal here with your what show have you been watching? cause frankly you are getting rude and crossed the line here.
    I watch the show from my point of view and see what I wanna see,and if that isn`t your view of the show be my guest but I refuse to go in discussion with you any futher if you go on that route.
    So,before it futher escaletes I step away now.

I think that has everything to do with the fact that AB is pregnant but that is not to say that they are putting a stop on it or something.
    I also thing that is one of the reasons Carmine is getting the meatiest scenes because they know he can carry it.

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

No, it would make sense to see it through both characters' eyes. If, you know, Anna Belknap could carry a scene decently. ;)

And I'm not presuming to to speak for TPTB, just interpret what we're seeing on screen and hearing about how this will all play out. Sometimes you have to look at the writing on the wall. ;)

9. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

UGH. The more I read about this DL baby storyline the less I like it.
    I really hope that it's different than what I am fearing and that it turns out better on screen. For once, I'd like to eat my words. Because I'm still a DL fan and I'd like to see this work but... bah.

But it just seems like they're going at it all the wrong way. I mean, in my opinion, them even having a baby is the wrong direction to be going in! I don't know why they couldn't have just had Danny and Lindsay be apart awhile and let them both grow individually. It would give Lindsay a chance to stand on her own as a character. Also this whole development they want with Danny could have been as simple as him wanting to heal and become a better man or something. Not BOOM I'm a daddy now!

I was much more partial with the story they were going to go with, having Lindsay meet and new guy and be on her own and whatnot.

Can we just go back to season 2 and start over? Please?

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yeah, seriously - why else are we posting on a message board if not to get into the details? :confused:

Well, right back at ya. You are no less biased than the rest of us. *shrug*

Honestly, I'm not here to discuss what 15 million other people think. I'm here to discuss what I think. You keep bringing up the number of viewers like we don't know the online community is only a small part of that. Well, we know - we also know any opinion expressed online is only a small part of the bigger picture.

I doubt the other 15 million viewers really pay attention or scrutinize every minute detail of Danny and Lindsay's burgeoning luuurve. They watch the show to be entertained, and if what they see entertains them - they'll tune in next week. It's that simple, no more, no less. No "Geez, he's such a cheater, it's obvious from the way he turned his head" or "Geez, it's obvious that they've totally been together in a Srs Relationship despite the overall lack of attention given to the storyline because a writer said so in this magazine article" or "Geez, listen to Rikki, if she thinks it was a mistake for them to have sex, she must be thinking about Danny hurting Lindsay." :rolleyes:

Concentrating on certain details to the exclusion of everything else does not make one more qualified to see the bigger picture than someone who concentrates on different details or sees something differently. The 'bigger picture' is the entire show, not just Danny and Lindsay's relationship. As Elsie pointed out, I think most of the people here do see the bigger picture and consider it, but details are often quite relevant to a particular discussion at hand - for both sides of the issue.

Him declining lunch was apparently enough to send her into rant land about a bunch of stuff we didn't see onscreen and that Danny didn't seem to know about either. The saying goes, 'Show, don't tell', and when all we get is one character telling us things without being shown anything - it's hardly surprising when people end up interpreting it all differently. (And really, different interpretations would happen no matter how you slice it - whether people watch the scene "properly" or not.) *shrug*

If so, can we get them to not limit 'New York' to 'Manhattan', include cases that aren't just about rich white people, infuse the show with some more diversity and get a grasp on continuity sooner rather than later?

Adam and Sid were good additions, though, so I wouldn't change that. :D

11. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

Yeah lets go back to season 2...maybe get rid of Lindsay, but of course love the addition of Sid and Adam, and Hawkes working in the field.

12. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

*random* Faylinn, I love your avatar. :) */random*

Gerrard is the one who killed his daughter's rapist. As of yet, I don't believe anyone in Sinclair's family has been seen on the show. That's what I thought though... so maybe she comes in to replace him? That would be pretty cool. :)

I can't wait for tonight's episode!

13. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Yes, Julia is a great actress (as long they don't become her as Peyton 2.0). I would like to know if there will be sparks between Stella and her. After all Stella is the highest female in rank at the lab :D

OMG poor sweetheart! Adam i so cute :D :D :D :D I can't help but loving when the three of them are together on screen. It's always so funny! :D

Hey you people enjoy the episode and tell us, poor foreign fans (I know i will be biting my nails :D

Debbie :D

14. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

i really am unsure about Julia, i like her, but i see the pictures of her and mac and i can't help but think sabrina. idk, i don't have any complaints about casting, just the de-casting, what ever happened to poor jane? oh well

T-Minus 70 ,minutes till showtime! Yay.

15. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Once again, so adorkable :) I can't wait for tonight's ep...Adam definitely seems to be getting more screen time and, if the spoilers are to be trusted, should be getting a lot more storylines as well. So excited :)

That would be an interesting episode to see, definitely. Adam always has that need-to-please but nervous thing going on around Mac, I'd love to see more interaction between the two--if for nothing other than the fact that we'd get to see Adam being all twitchy :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.