CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

Maybe you won't believe me but it wasn't a critic towards Carmine or Danny himself (And Good Lord know i have critized Danny before) and Thanks God he can act because this storyline would be a disaster otherwise
    Just i don't like the nature of recents spoilers (And i will never agree with them!)

Debbie :)

ps: I completely disagree with another woman around Mac. They tried last year with Jordan and Quinn and it sucked. However Julia Ormond is nice

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I'm not sure how this storyline will in any way make Danny a "Mary Sue." :confused: Granted, it reads like bad fan fiction, but again, I think a lot of it is the writers making the best of a situation they have little control over (ie, Anna's pregnancy ;) ) and utilizing the strengths of one of the show's best actors while kind of glossing over the weak actress. If they've got to write in a Danny/Lindsay pregnancy, I care a lot more about Danny's reaction than Lindsay's. And no, not because he's the cute guy and she's the woman--normally, I'd care more about the woman's reaction. But Anna is dead weight on this show, so hey, if the writers want to play up Danny's journey through this whole thing, there's no arguing with that being a wise choice. ;)

3. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Maybe Julia Ormand comes in to replace Gerrard... he was above Mac, wasn't he?

4. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

we should have a separate thread for all d/l spoilers since they are really the only thing worth of any importance...how about some more storylines for adam, sid, hawkes....3 characters who are so much better then Lindsay.

5. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

lindsay tells danny that she's preggers in the 100th episode? if i'm not mistaken didn't aj buckley tell ausiello in his vid that the whole d/l thing would be happening after the 100th?

6. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Amen to that. I hate that there are so many other characters on the show that get so overlooked because of this whole D/L thing. I want to see more about Adam, Sid, and Hawkes than I do about anything D/L might drag out.

This show is becoming more and more over-run with the D/L nonsense...the only spoilers we seem to be getting and the only big news we seem to have is about Lindsay, D/L, or the pregnancy...

Never mind that its the 100th episode of the series, with what looks like a really cool episode premise and storyline...no, all the focus is going to be on this ill-contrived pregnancy storyline. :rolleyes:

And since when is Danny the "tough kid"? As someone mentioned before, he's shown more vulnerability than anyone else on the show...and why not have the pregnancy be the beginning of Lindsay's change of character, since it is HER development and all?

If anything, its just more evidence on how little Anna Belknap can pull off...what is supposed to be her biggest storyline to date on the show is going to have to be pulled by Carmine, because she doesn't have the prowess to do it.

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

The episode airing airing on November 26th--in which Lindsay tells Danny she's pregnant--is the 101st episode, not the 100th.

8. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Top---> I made the Mary Sue reference because it mentions Danny's big change. He already changed from S1 to S2 (a lot). Besides i don't think he is a jerk and "he needs to change" so i was being sarcastic about that line ;) Sorry to Danny fans if you don't understand what i was trying to say

Razingzombies---> I get confused with Sinclair and Gerard. Gerard is who killed her daughter's rapist, didn't he? If he is, yes, he was Mac's boss. A female on charge would be interesting :D

Raven04---> I support the idea of the separate thread with all my heart :D

Debbie :)

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

My reason for wondering if Julia's character might be replacing Sinclair is that he specifically referred to himself as Mac's "boss" in 5.04. Was Sinclair above or below Gerrard (before he shot the guy, I mean)?

I guess we'll see. I definitely hope we don't lose Sinclair too. (Of course, I also hope Mac isn't like 'Mmm, British woman' and that he doesn't find himself unable to keep it in his pants. :p)

Yeah, I had to go back and check the info when I saw your post, csimania19. :lol:

Nov 19 - episode 100, stunt casting out the wazoo
    Nov 26 - OMG Y'ALL, DANNY'S LITTLE SWIMMERS WORK! :p

10. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Sinclair is Chief of Detectives and he was Gerrard's boss as well as Mac's. Gerrard was higher rank than Mac though cause he was Flacks captain back in Raising Shane, but he was promoted, I think to Deputy Inspector...memory is a bit fuzzy and its 7 am so apologies if I am wrong...:wtf:

So I could see Julia's character replacing Gerrard and dropping into the odd ep.

I haven't read anything that tells us she is the new love interest for Mac. Personally I would like to get a handle on the character first, before they went that route, if thats where its heading. Cant they introduce a new female character without her falling for someone....it would be nice to see a woman in a powerful position without all the romance baggage coming in as well. Though it could be an interesting viewpoint if she is a higher rank than Mac..

So we will wait and see.

If she is the new love interest, the only good thing about that is Jordan wont be back...thank god..:lol:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  11. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

So as excited as i am about tonight i couldn't help but float over to youtube and i found this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IMS0b6QLh4E.

We get some ADAM TONIGHT!!!!! Yay, and hes as bumbling as ever. god i love him, and yea, paper airplanes =)

12. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Oh that is SO cute thanks for posting. I love whaen Adam gets all nervous around Mac..

You know I would love to see a good ep with Adam working with Mac..

How did you manage that I usually cant watch the CBS clips??

13. jolein

jolein Pathologist

Wether people like it or not the D/L storyline is making people talk,so it`s an easy score.
    Besides,D/L spoilers are spoilers too and I don`t see that our lovely spoiler ladies on this board only bring spoilers about them.
    If anything they try to bring variety.

:lol: well,Mac does have a thing for british woman so I wouldn`t be suprised if he ends up with her.

Anyways,when was the episode where Adam ask Stella out?
    I was telling a friend about that cause she is writing a Stella/Adam fic,or atleast she is giving it a try.
    I`m getting way too confused with all those spoilers

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

5.08 (Well, if that's what's going on, anyway ;))

I can't watch with the volume on right now (because I'm too lazy to put in the earphones), but I watched the clip and Adam is adorable as always - and aww, he's so cute in plaid. :p

15. melanie33

melanie33 Hit and Run

I posted a similar answer in the D/L baby thread.

I dont think it has anything to do with that. The fact is it makes sense to see it from Danny's side. Think about it. Lindsay cant suddenly make herself un pregnant..(well she can, but we know the show isn't going there) Where as Danny can walk away if he wants. And IMO I think thats the angle they were going for. Lindsays feelings for Danny have been made clear, Danny's for her on the other hand are a little cloudy and I think in part, thats more why its seen from his perspective, to make his feelings for her more known. What bigger test to see if he really loves her. I doubt it had anything to do with whom is the apparent better actor:rolleyes:

Sometimes seriously people. I think you cant see the forest for the trees.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.