CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikirex

nikirex Hit and Run

Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

Ah!!! Thank you!!!!

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^I think that's one of those acronyms that's kind of tricky, so don't feel bad! I can never remember what YMMV stands for. :lol: :rolleyes:

Re: the bag...maybe Mac is just on his way to the gym for a workout? :lol:

3. Tee

Tee Hit and Run

^^ lol. Mac at the gym. That I wouldn't mind seeing...;)

Btw, the idea of the Julie Ormond character being brought in to replace Lindsay- do you mean for a couple of weeks for her maternity leave or forever? (ie: kicking Lindsay out???)

Now that I think about it, can you actually kick someone out??? From what I remember, all the CSIs that have left from either of the 3 shows left by choice. (eg: Vanessa, Billy,etc)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

OK. I'm American and have a degree in both English and Communication and I don't know what YMMV stands for. :lol: :wtf:

5. Top41

^Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one. :lol:

I think the idea that Ormond would replace Lindsay for a few weeks while she's on maternity leave is pure speculation. Given that in 509 we're just going to be finding out Lindsay is pregnant, I don't think we'll see her take off for maternity leave until eps that air next year. No idea what the circumstances will be, though my guess is that she'll find out about Danny and Rikki having slept together and be so heartbroken that she'll have to jet off to Montana for a while. :rolleyes:

6. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Information in TVGuide about the November sweeps says:

You can see a scan of the article in the link below (which was posted in the CSI spoiler thread). Be aware, the article contains spoilers for all three CSI shows.

7. PerfectAnomaly

Pam Veasey might as well have said "this is the metaphorical death of a once interesting character." :rolleyes: It's really pathetic when Lindsay being pregnant is going to be all about Danny. Why is Anna Belknap in the opening credits again?? :wtf: :rolleyes:

8. Top41

Totally solidifies what I've been saying all along: Lindsay is nothing more than a love interest character who has been elevated to the opening credits.

That being said, of course it's going to be all about Danny. He's the interesting one. Carmine is the one who can act. They're playing it smart.

I don't know if "tough kid" would be how I'd describe Danny. He's cried more than any of the female characters on the show. :lol: I'd think of it more as an evolution, but then I've never see Danny as the feckless player type.

9. PerfectAnomaly

I agree. The "tough kid" comment just plays into the "nice country girl meets tough, player city boy and her love changes him" cliche TPTB have been pushing since the minute Lindsay appeared on screen. Not only are TPTB trying to sell a cliche, they're doing a piss poor job of it with lousy story telling and an actress who can't get across the appropriate emotions at the appropriate times. I really hope Danny can maintain a shred of what makes him a damn good character through all of this crap. I'm putting my faith in Carmine that he'll make even this disaster of a story line palatable.

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

This part of the TV Guide article interests me:

So does that mean Sinclair is going to lose his job? :( I like Sinclair! It sucked to lose Gerard (although his final episode was powerful), and I don't want to lose Bubba - er, I mean Sinclair, too! :(

11. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Wow, how must Anna Belknap feel, the biggest storyline she has ever been given is to be told through the eyes of another character!

TPTB clearly feel Anna doesn't have what it takes to tell the story herself - and for one I would agree, if they want this story to work best leave it to Carmine for the most part.

12. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I always expected this episode to be about Danny too. That is how the original spoilers came across as well. I still think it will be interesting, and I'm sure Carmine will do a great job. Of course, I still have faith that the writers will deliver, but even though I'm not exactly Danny's biggest fan I'm not sure that I like the idea of the character changing too much. I'm concerned by what that statement will mean, I'm sure having children changes people but to what extent are they planning to change Danny? CSI: Happy Families sounds rather dull to me. Although, they have said it's the 'beginning' of a change of character, so I guess if it's played out slowly maybe the evolution won't be that noticeable? :lol:

Yeah, it interested me too. I like Sinclair, and I like his dynamic with Mac. Have we heard anywhere that Julia Ormond will be recurring, I can't remember?

13. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

hmmm, i don't think we're losing Sinclair, i'd think they'd bring Julia in as a replacement for Gerrard, haven't heard anything about that since admissions, so who knows, as for seeing the baby through Danny's eyes, its different no? i feel like we ALWAYS, no matter the show, see the whole thing through the mothers eyes.

What i have noticed is they (the writers) tend to keep the characters lives similar to the actors lives, (Danny playing baseball and guitar, Stella being greek, ect) so maybe all those who have an issue with Lindsay may not find her as annoying any more, well acting within something you know more of is easier isn't it. i hope so. i like Lindsay enough, and Danny has always been a favorite, so i hope to Lucifer that this is played out right.

14. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Thanks 19ams87, Top and Elsie for posting it! :D

We reach our 100 th episode and the only important thing is DL's fetus??????:angryrazz: Oh! I forgot this is Danny and Lindsay Horror Show:brickwall:. We need the violins in the background and we are in the soap opera this show will become after 5.09 Geeez I need a break of this nonsense. According to this spoiler Danny will become The Mary Sue of the show instead of Lindsay (is that or he will be a serial killer:rolleyes:)
    Under other circumstances i would have enjoyed Danny's son or step son
    Under other circumstances i would have enjoyed Lindsay's baby with another guy

but the mere idea of this sopa opera:brickwall::brickwall::censored::censored::angryrazz::angryrazz: I will still be watching this show. Just because i know there are great actors and charactes (I hope they won't run away once this nonsense starts:rolleyes: I couldn't blame them)

MacsLady---->
    Did i mention i like very much your thoughts? :D well we know now she will be his boss. I wonder if she will replace Jordan. Jordan wasn't exactly likable:wtf: and Stella's reaction will be priceless. She wasn't exactly thrilled with Jordan around. Stella was quite possesive last year:adore: :D :lol: (Ah L'amour, l'amour!:lol:)

Debbie :D

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  15. jolein

jolein Pathologist

Thanks for the spoilers,Elsie.
    I`m glad to see that they do show it from Danny`s point of view cause atleast that will be interesting to see.

And nice to see Julia ormond too,I like her as an actress.

Well,I rather have Danny being a bit of mary sue cause atleast I know Carmine can act.

It would be nice to see Mac having another woman who is strong and who knows what can happen between them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.