The Fort for Nick/Greg slash fans #20

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I am hoping that with Warrick's death Nick and Greg will be working together more and will rely on and be there for each other. I guess we'll have to wait and see, with these new faces coming to CSI I am fearful that TPTB will be paring them up with everyone but each other. Season 5 all over again. Nick and Greg have chemistry and everyone can see it, whether they see it as friendship or love doesn't matter. The fact is that it's there and its plain to see.

seabird - I always love seeing the photo evidence you post for us!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  2. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

Thanks Seabird for the pics.

I know we keep bad mouthing TPTB, but sometimes I think the actors themselves would not be interested in making The Love cannon. George said in an interview years ago, that he hope their would be no romantic couplings for his character. I think if they did refuse its not because of the gay thing but because they want to be seen as serious dramatic actors. This is just my 2c.

3. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Those two pics are my two favourite Nick hairstyles. I love his longer hair, and the shaved head.

Aside from that ;) I also hope that following Warrick's death TPTB will have Nick and Greg working closer together, and with Grissom leaving too, it'll give even more scope to have them working together. I agree Wojowolf, that they might get paired with everyone else. TPTB don't want them working together because of the natural chemistry George and Eric give to the characters. I agree everyone can see it in some form or another.

Thanks for the pics too seabird:)

4. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Here is a manip I made from For Warrick. I hope you find it funny, I had a lot of fun making it!

[​IMG]

Now if this happened on the show, we'd all just keel over and die.

So yeah, the chemistry is undeniable and unlike some other ship not forced or unbelievable. Natural chemistry does not need any help, its there because its real and you can't fake it.

5. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^^ Wow. Just ... wow. That's hilarious, and man ... if that happened on the show, I definitely would keel over and die. :guffaw:

I hope that TPTB put Nick and Greg together on more cases, now that Grissom is leaving and all. I don't want it to just be Riley/Greg and Nick/Cath with Raymond Langston (sp?) thrown in there for good measure. Switch it up--I'd love to see more Cath/Riley moments and I would also want to see how Nick works with the Professor.

I seriously hope that TPTB don't go down the route of having flirtiness with Riley and Greg. Friendly banter is fine ... but when it goes down the route of "okay, we aren't having a brother-sister relationship anymore" I kind of get concerned. TPTB have said she isn't on the show to be in a relationship, but they enjoy changing their minds every once in a while.

Of course, we'd all know that she'd be a beard. I'd hope that by this time, Nick would MAYBE be able to come out to the team, but who knows. Maybe Riley's intuitive about people's relationships, and while she's working with Greg one day, she asks him, "So what's up with you and Nick?" I'd love that.

6. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Better they keep Riley away from Nick and Greg or .....:scream::scream::scream:

If this season they keep pairing Greg with Riley and Nick with Cath or Lawrence Fishburne character, then it will be like the split shift from season five. Not a good thing. IMO, the show has gone downhill since then. Like you, I hope they don't waste this chance and put Nick and Greg together on more cases.

Wojo, I love the manip! And yes, it that happened on the show, we'd die but we'd die happy! :lol:

Guys, I'm so glad you like the Love pics I post. They make it so easy...because the actors and their characters just....bleed it! ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ This make no freaking sense to me. In last weeks episode they said Riley was still CSI level 2. And in theory they never mentioned Greggo being promoted from level one on the show. *shakes fist at writers* So why why why would you pair your two newest CSIs together on cases. Why not pair them with other more senior CSIs. Like Riley and Cath (who would make a smoking hot couple ;)) and Nicky and Greggo. Just makes more sense on so many levels. But yet we have learned the writers have never felt the need to make sense of anything in the past.

Wojo your manip made cackle. :bolian:

seabird great pictures of the LOVE as always.

8. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

I couldn't tell you--TPTB seem to have something up their sleeves, though, with CSI levels and what not. And I agree about the Cath/Riley thing ... they would be a hot couple. With Warrick gone and all, hmm, she hasn't been having much luck in the men's department, eh? Maybe it's time to bat for the other team, but who knows ... if Cath suddenly announced that she was, in fact, bi, then I'd be slightly annoyed that Nick or Greg hadn't already informed everyone about their own sexuality.

seabird--amazing pictures. Sooo many moments that make The Love what it is today. As a friend of mine was discussing with me (our very own Greggo_Obsessed, who hasn't died or anything ... the site just loads extremely slow for her), we can't be pulling something out of nothing 'cause more than one person sees it. If people are seeing chemistry just from friendship, then there has gotta be something here. The actors, obviously, know how to play this relationship. If I can't trust TPTB, then I guess I gotta trust Eric and George. I honestly don't think that TPTB planned all this subtext, so it's probably got to be the actors, right?

MsCandyCorn--I gotta say, your avatar scared me at first. Honestly. The 'stache from hell. So glad it's gone.

9. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I still haven't seen all episodes but no news about Greg's promotion are bad. But... totally agree that he should be with one senior CSI (I don't need to tell his name, it's obvious).

I'm glad that relationship with Riley is staying as a brother-sister relationship. And I hope that will be. Unfortunately, like MLC mentioned, TPTB likes to change their minds so we can still have possibility of pairing Greg and Riley. But no, that won't happen. It's just early here so I can't think in correct way, lol. I'd like to see their friend's banter etc. But Greg's heart is with one person from lab. The greatest thing can be remarks by Riley about boys. Maybe we gonna see her saying something about Greg and Nick? Who knows?

I noticed that we gonna have here new ship, lol. I'm still Candy but I'm open-minded when is about femslash:devil:;)

Seabird, thank you so much for the Love reminders. Their chemistry is so strong. New girls won't destroy it.

Wojo, awesome manip. I snagged it to my collection of Love pics:D

10. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

You are very welcome! :thumbsup:

I posted this on the Eric/LeggoMyGreggo thread:

Lauren Lee Smith, the actress who plays Riley, has just said that her character and Greg will have a very brother-sister relationship.

Also, in the TV Guide interview, CSI producer Naren Shankar said this about Riley's character:

"Don't expect her to be a catalyst for some intra-lab romance"

New girl won't destroy The Love:

[​IMG]

11. InnocentGuilt

InnocentGuilt Hit and Run

Oh...wow. To be back again, it's amazing!

Let me just say, I melt on the inside when I see all of these pictures. The Love is such a beautiful thing to behold.

I would like to say that I didn't see anything going on with any of the characters this last episode. It was almost as if it were cannon fodder. Nick wasn't being Nick. Greg wasn't being Greg. Cath wasn't being Cath. Griss (semi-understandably) wasn't being Griss. It was almost...unbelievable. It was like they got the cast to pick a personality out of a hat a play that on the episode. Griss and Nick got emotionally unattached. Greg got overly emotional. And Catherine got devoid of humor. I was like wth?

I did like the seen with Greg talking to the psychologist though, while at the same time it made my heart break. I just know he was talking to her about Nick and how the Texan isn't really handling Warrick's death at all, and how he didn't know how to handle Nick now that he wasn't talking to him. I don't know if that's just me, but I saw that scene and that's the only thing I can think of. I know Greg and Warrick were close colleagues but I don't see him getting so...broken over it, and that's how he came off. It makes more sense if it's because he doesn't know how to handle Nicky at the moment.

I personally loved Riley though. Woah buddy. That entire scene with her and Doc Robbins cracked me up. Agreed that she shouldn't be put to work with Nick or Greg for every case, but I don't think the character is a bust and she seems to have that off beat personality to where she notices everything without noticing anything at all, at least personally. I think she would see the boys as off limit and catologue it in her mind, knowing they had something going on, but never quite realizing what made her know that. I hope that made sense...it did in my head.

12. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Well, we got "Art Imitates Life" tonight, and I will agree that I like Riley. I can foresee her and Greg getting along well, and I will add my name to the list of people who would love to see her ask Greg about what's going on between him and Nick, lol.

We do seem to be getting a lot more Greg in the episodes now, but I still think we need more. Definitely need more Nick and Greg working together. I miss the old days, when Nick and Greg would hover around the lab talking. Remember the episode when Nick was supposed to be working and when Grissom told him off his excuse was "just filling Greg in on the case". Yeah right, Nicky.

Anyway, been reading "In Extremis" and not much in the way of Nick/Greg in this one so far. Will update you by the end of it. After all, I do believe I was the one who was going to do the Nick/Greg novel guide for the wiki.

13. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

Hey all!

I just watched last Thursday's episode last night, and forgot to watch the previous episode until earlier this week.

I just COMPLETELY forgot!:guffaw:

Anyhoo, I really enjoyed the last episode. I'm liking Riley WAY more than Ronnie. She's got a better personality. Staying pretty much spoiler free, I have to say that I didn't SEE anything romantic with anyone.

Save for some romance between Nick and Greg. Yup, it's still there. :devil:

I'm really excited for next week. I just wish Greg would get more airtime. You'd think they would learn by now. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I'll try to pop in here on Thursday, but I'm usually asleep when the episode airs. Who knows, maybe I'll have the night off.

14. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Hi, InnocentGoblin and Twins!! :)

You are totally right. When I saw Greg crying....:( Right now, Greg doesn't know how to handle Nick, who is acting as if nothing had happened!!! I wish we had heard what Greg was saying but I agree with you, InnocentGoblin, and the posters from the nickngreg livejournal community: Greg could be talking to the psychologist about Nick, because he is worried, so frustrated over not being able to comfort Nick and doesn't know what to do to help his boyfriend....

http://community.livejournal.com/nickngreg/1116009.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And yes, The Love is such a beautiful thing to behold...:adore:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  15. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

I cannot comment about Riley since i havent watched the newest season. i do not think a threat to "The Love" will come from a new comer. Catherine is a very sensual woman but I do not think she is bi or lesbian (she loves men & that has been proven on the show). My fear is that TPTB might try to pair Catherine with either the 2 remaining men (ie. Nick or Greg). This is a real possibility. In season one there was that shower or kissing scene between Nick & Catherine that was cut. Maybe after so many years they will try to resurrect that. You know TPTB are trying to turn Nick straight again (as if he was ever straight), and thats why I think this is a real possibility. On a lighter note, they could try to couple Catherine & Greg. Greg flirted with her quite a bit and I believe he is bi. Why would he turn down her advances (as I said she is a very sensual woman). If this does happen, it will defiantly be short lived fling, I cannot see this as a lasting relationship. Greg I do not think is mature enough yet to play Lindsay's step daddy, maybe Nick if its TPTB aim to butch him up.

I wish TPTB would see that "The Love" is the only sustainable, realistic relationship that can endure on CSI. Plus its beautiful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.