"The Happy Place" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 11, 2008.

1. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

yeah, i have seen it! Maybe they can get lines this time :p I am thinking the CSI's *think* this is happening, or it appears this way, but there is some other explanation. Hopefully!

I don't think i will enjoy this eppy, I hated 'Too tough to die', don't know why, just never liked that eppy. And I like most of the Sara eppys in the first 5 seasons.

2. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

You know what that was a thought of mine too....what if? I guess it is possible...he is grieving right now...they are short staffed and they don't have any down time...they have been up for five days...exhausted...Nick is at a very low point and could easily be influenced by some sort of mind game...he has to be suffering from PTSD...when he was buried alive, from the stalker Nigel Craane and being pushed out a two story window,and from being raped when he was only nine years old and I wonder how the whole therapist thing will work with Nick...he does not trust therapists...so very interesting thought!

3. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

Okay, let me speak from a nurse's perspective:

What if Pam Adler had no living will,maybe that is why she is still attached to a breathing tube and a feeding tube.(I see both in the promo) with IV lines etc...Her husband Tom finds someone else, maybe he has fallen in love with someone else. Problem: He won't collect her life insurance to assist with the hospital bills if he pulls the plug, but can't stand for her to suffer any longer, he also wants to move on with his life, but the debt of her years of hospitalization would crush him financially.His love for her is stronger,maybe a day in court took away his rights to make her decisions, especially if he wanted to pull the plug,he does it anyways and tells Sara he did it because he loved her so much but Sara through Gregg's investigation discovers that Tom is involved with someone else and did not disclose this to Sara. But his true reason might turn out that he was tired of seeing his wife suffer in a vegetative state.

My thoughts...something along this train of thought.

4. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

Nicksfriend, I think that makes sense. Given Sara's state of mind at the end of TTtD (I recall she was despairing over the fact that Tom Adler was happy his wife would live, not understanding that this would make prosecuting her killer impossible after a year), I think she would initially be understanding of his need to end her suffering. Something that causes her to suspect ulterior motives - like a new woman - might be what prompts a confrontation in THP.

I think this is also the epi where Wendy goes into the field with Grissom - or maybe that's next week. I'm excited to see her transition into a CSI role ... I hope her story isn't completely overshadowed by the appearance of the new chick.

Ali

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

But, I thought there was no statue of limitations on murder. so, why would prosecuting her killer be impossible after a year? Or is it just that she was attacked over a year ago and didn't die until years later and that's what makes it difficult? Sorry, the legal stuff confuses the heck out of me. :lol:

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

There is not statute of limitations on murder. So no matter when the person dies, you can still prosecute.

And besides if he disconnected the respirator and she dies, that is when the murder is committed.

7. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

The guy who raped her, shot her, and left her for dead was a juvenille and there was something in the epi TTtD that indicated that if she didn't die within a year, he wouldn't be tried. I don't remember the exact wording, but the fact that the original perpetrator couldn't be tried was what I was referring to. Obviously, if her husband disconnects the ventilator, he can be tried.

Ali

8. GregNickRyanFan

Oh, okay. So the "no statue of limitations on murder" doesn't apply to someone who was a junvenile when they committed the crime. Okay, gotcha. I was just trying to wrap my head around that. Thanks for explaining. Makes sense now. :)

9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that he was a juvenile; I think after an assault, if the victim doesn't die within a year and a day after the assault, legally they can not be tried for the eventual death. This is what really bothered Sara in TDtD: when victims don't give up so the perp is never appropriately held accountable. Another unfair loophole within the system. Yes, he was a juvenile, but they could always try him as an adult if this loophole didn't exist. I think Tom will be charged with his wife's murder if he indeed removed the breathing tube himself.
    I'm curious as to who Sara is talking to when she says 'Why did you lie to me?'. She is terribly upset here.
    I really wish we wouldn't have another character meltdown for Sara, but it looks like this is the case. I truly hope that her eventual exit is more positive.

10. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

You're right, jtd. I went back and looked at the script and it is a "year and a day" rule, and not the juvie angle that was going to get the gang member out of being prosecuted. I'm with you on the Sara angst as well ... but I suppose if they are going to have her leave Grissom in his current sad state, they felt the need to give her a compelling reason to do so.

Ali

11. erep

erep Witness

I could not agree more with the last two sentences. I feel like Sara has been through enough. I adore that character, and Jorja is at her best when she's playing angry or dark :), but Sara deserves some happiness and the other characters on the show need more storylines for them. I don't want Jorja to go, but at the same time, I want some more focus on some of the other characters...

12. GregNickRyanFan

This whole thing with people getting a phone call and then committing suicide or murder... wasn't there an episode of Supernatural with a similiar storyline? :lol:

13. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

I know very little about hypnosis but isn't it possible that the hypnotist is playing on the victims' already existing insecurities? Yes, its been proven that you can't hypnotize a normal, mentally stable individual and get them to harm themselves or others but what if there is already an underlying depression or suicidal tendency that is made much worse by having the hypnotist rummaging around in their heads? If there is already something there for the hypnotist to build upon, it could be feasible, yes?

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I kind of wish Sara would have a happier exit where she's going around the world or something. Sad Sara is getting kind of tiring. It would be nice to see her say, "I'm going to take my skills overseas."

Gees, a happy ending for a CSI-for once?

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I don't think Sara is the only who's devastated and sad right now, give her a break, they're all freaked out, and this is a gruesome show, Sara is extremely sensitive and caring, & she seemed more subdued in "FW" as it should be, who was cheering and smiling?, none of them:( and I thought "Too Tough To Die" was an extrodinary ep. showed how much she cares for someone, and so wanted the rape victim to be OK. I can't imagine who she's talking to on the "why did you lie to me" it wouldn't be the husband, or Grissom, maybe the doctor, who's on her case. And why did this other women fling herself off the balcony? or did something much more sinister happen? probably:wtf:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008