Locker Room #18: Danny/Carmine: Welcome to the Insane Asylum!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

2. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  3. CSINEWYORK000

Yeah, he looks like a 12 year old kid on Christmas :lol::lol::lol:

(Except 4 the 12 years stuff)

4. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

5. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

I love those promes :D

6. CSINEWYORK000

DANNY MESSER, ANYONE???????

[​IMG]

7. tiara4carmine

tiara4carmine Police Officer

It's bad enough that our network here in Aus hasn't even bothered showing the end of last season for months, although it's supposedly starting again this week, but now I have to put up with waiting to see Danny be a baby-daddy :scream::scream::scream:

Ugggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Just when I've got back to having Carmine filled dreams :devil::devil::devil: I come here and read all of this. :(:(:(

WHY, WHY, WHY do TPTB think we want this crap. Have we not mentioned nekkid shower scenes enough? Have we not made our thoughts on Danny/Lindsay clear? Even though we all have a difference of opinions. Why is it, that just because she happens to be pregnant again - jesus you'd think she wait another couple of years after the last one - that it has to be written into the storyline. Her last pregnancy wasn't, even though it would've been a great storyline of her getting knocked up with some one night stand which would've left Danny wondering why, after chasing her for so many months, that she'd get hot and heavy with some stranger and not him. Now THAT would have been Danny angst!!!!

So why write it into the storyline this time?????????????? They don't need to. It's just going to make things worse for all of us to watch. And something tells me TPTB are not going to like the backlash. I don't like the storyline. I read some of you think it will make a great story, me, not so much.

Seriously though, if Carmine's not happy with it, why inflict that crap on the poor boy. Obviously TPTB had nothing else in mind for Carmine this year and Anna's pregnancy gave them the story to write. Why couldn't they explore Danny's friendship with Flack, instead of having him knock up Lindsay. Or delve more into his background with Louie and the Tanglewood boys and what happened in his childhood that caused him such misery. Oh, wait, that was Lindsay! :guffaw:

Uggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2008
  8. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Whatever your opinion of this story line might be, this comment isn't appropriate. Your comments should be directed towards the characters and not the actors. Keep it relevant to Danny and Lindsay, not referencing Carmine's opinion of the story (which we don't know) or Anna's personal life.

Also, we are still discussing this story line as a spoiler, so please use spoiler code if you're talking about it in the general threads as a courtesy to those wish to be spoiler-free.

9. littlemegs

littlemegs Dead on Arrival

i agree with elsie
    theres no need to get angry at the actors

10. virginia-hell

virginia-hell Dead on Arrival

I KNOW!!..Such an actor..:lol:
    And hopefully he hasn't expressed too much displeasure with the writers or he'll totally be the next Hawkes..:eek: (Help i dunno how to multiquote - England has only just got computers yannow..)

11. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

To be fair, we don't know how Carmine feels about the upcoming storyline. The only quote from him we have about it is from AJ, who said when he called Carmine, Carmine said, "Can you believe it?" That's ambiguous enough to not give away how he feels about this storyline.

The one storyline he did express dissatisfaction with was Danny flying to Montana to support Lindsay after she'd turned him down and then didn't even tell him she was leaving (save for in a card). Carmine said it bothered him that Danny was chasing this girl who kept shutting him down.

How did you feel about that episode? Do you agree it was too much, or do you think it was in character for Danny?

Personally, I'm kind of split on it. I do think Danny is loyal to a fault; we've seen him keep coming back after he's been kicked before (with Mac and Louie). Danny seems to crave the approval of people who treat him badly, so in that respect, I got it.

At the same time, the whole thing made him look like such a doormat. First she stands him up. Then walks away from him when he's trying to tell her he'll be there for her. Then she leaves for Montana without even telling him. And then he decides to go to be there for her at the trial. Carmine said Danny went as "a friend," but it does make Danny look a little pathetic.

What do you guys think?

12. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Personally I didn't like that story line. I think it was somewhat out of character for Danny to follow Lindsay to Montana. For all Danny does strike me as an extremely loyal character who would go out of his way for a friend, but Lindsay was so dismissive of him - she didn't even respect him enough to tell him that she was leaving face to face. If she had give him anything, even if just she had just confided in him as a friend as to how scared she was, then I would have found it believable. As it was Danny came off looking more than a little pathetic and lacking in self respect, in my opinion.

13. jolein

jolein Pathologist

In general terms,I can see Danny as the one who goes,follows his instinct and goes to support a friend.
    Having said that,I do feel that the storyline just felt flat and it didn`t make sense for Danny to do that.
    Lindsay didn`t give the slightest suggestion that she wanted him there,in fact she was more pulling away,not even giving a proper goodbye.
    Which made the move out of character for him.

14. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I did think him gong to Montana wasn't the cleverest and slightly OOC at best but i also see that as a friend in his mind he thought she could do with the support after Stella's conversation which i think was the starter for it all.

But without a proper goodbye i kind of felt he understood in a wierd way, though we don't know how much he knew about the trial, from what we saw hawkes obviously knew enough to know why she was leavin and Stella aswell but we saw that. But with Danny after what had been going on we didn't really see anything not that i woudl want to but i dunno.

I do think tho Danny does seek the attention or as Top said he wants the approval of those who mess him around. His instincts were also i think something to play as we have sene his does act a lot on that rather than thinking it through, and i think stella's phonecall stuck something in his mind to make the trip.

15. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I'm torn between thinking his action of going to Montana was out of character and it being Danny being a little over the top in his emotional loyalty. My instict tells me it was out of character, while Danny is profoundly emotional and not afraid of attachment to others, he is a little hard headed, stubborn and proud. I think the whole 'few laughs, drinks etc' speach in LRC was Danny protecting himself, so it does then seem a little bizarre that he would up sticks and go to Montana with no encouragement.

But, having said that, maybe the card, together with what he later (I assume) found out re. Lindsay going home was enough for him to believe she needed him (after all, he was right apparently). The card is a bit of a mystery because I for one don't really get the whole 'moo - cows are coming home thing'. Maybe it was some sort of personal 'insider' joke that only he would get, maybe he saw it as holding deeper meaning, and maybe with all the cards on the table (although not laid there by Lindsay herself) he understood enough about what she was going through and why she pushed him away, maybe it was all enough to convince him that not only did she need him but she had feelings for him and would welcome his support. Who the heck knows? Of course, all of that is complete speculation, which is why I end up choosing the out of character option because the way it played out on screen was; D/L interested in each other, she stands him up, he offers support, she rejects support, she leaves without telling him (having confided in Stella and later Mac) other than a card, he's prompted to 'go with his instincts' after Stella tells him Lindsay's struggling and turns up in Montana with no direct encouragement.

Despite liking D/L I've always struggled with him turning up in Montana - it's a little too cheesy for my liking. But, at the same time I do think he's a sweetie for doing it. Had Lindsay rejected him again, then I'd agree he was being kind of pathetic, but the fact she didn't makes me think he saw something that we as viewer's missed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.