CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

That's i was thinking this morning

A little addition to your title: "The Danny and Lindsay Horror Show" or maybe better "Alien 5: The saga continues":scream::scream:

The interaction father-son between Danny and Ruben would have been interesting.
    Danny changing diapers and asking,jealous, where momma is, for me IS NOT!

And a baby is not that bad in the show. The problem here is who are the *lovely* parents and their unsolved and unexistent (off bed) relationship:scream:

Debbie:wtf:

2. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

totally agree. congrats to real baby for anna and her husband, but i don't even know what to think about csi baby with danny and lindsay. what about lindsay's possible moods cuz of her pregnancy. she'll be craving for stuff while on a case?

the whole d/l storyline has been going downhill. from not admitting their feelings towards each other to sleeping together on a pool table to going through hard times. then danny sleeps with another woman, and apparently 5 episodes after he goes back to lindsay and she gets pregnant. it's crazy.

and wait, didn't danny say something about asking lindsay to marry him cuz she knew some stuff about football or baseball haha. WHOOPS.

PLEAAAAASE TPTB FIX THIS MADNESS. :scream:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Am I the only one who didn't take Danny seriously at all in that moment? I thought he was bantered with Mac, nothing more. Danny's emotional side has always led me to believe he'd probably be just fine with marriage. I've thought that since first season.

Lindsay has always played the "poor me" role, both in relation to what happened in Montana and in her relationship with Danny. I don't expect pregnancy to change that. If anything, it will probably intensify it.

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yeah, I know what you mean. But I guess, if we are going to see her, it's definitely not surprising that they will link it to a case in some way, of course if they keep doing it then it will get very tiresome. :lol: I have to say, I'm still happy to see her back and I think there could be some interesting sibling interaction going on, I'm all for it! :)

Nah, I wouldn't have taken those comments seriously. I've never thought of Danny as being afraid of love or marriage, more that he probably just hadn't been in a situation before where the relationship had been that serious. Babies make it serious, whether the person likes it or not. :lol: Even if he had been serious before, I think it's perfectly feasible that he could have changed his opinion on it. People do change, grow and mature, even if he didn't want it then, I don't see why he couldn't want that sort of relationship now.

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Yeah, I suppose they only way to really incorporate her is to have Flack run into her on the job. And she does seem to know a lot of seedy people. :lol: It'll just be too damn convienent to have her be linked to so many seedy people. They could easily take her being fired for drinking on the job and incorporate that into a Flack family side storyline without having it connected to cases.

I didn't take it seriously either. It was just the obvious joke for the hot, single guy to make and the way Carmine and Gary played it was great. People do change and grow and I think that's one thing Carmine has said in his interviews, that Danny can't stay the hotheaded, insubordinate, immature cop from S1 forever. And he hasn't; but he's still kept the core of who Danny Messer is. There are still plenty of ways for TPTB to have him keep his fire and passion while making him grow up a bit. They just have to choose to do it.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I definitely think it's realistic for Danny to grow a bit - it's the uneven way they've done it that I haven't liked. Still, an offhand comment in season 1 doesn't make me think he would never want to fall in love/get married/have kids (although not necessarily in that order, mind you), particularly four years later.

As for Sam - it's not like she's been in a ton of episodes. She was only in the premiere so far, and then she shows up again in episode 7. There's nothing to indicate that she'll be back before then (although she could be, of course). I guess she's sort of connected to the case, but at least there isn't a body in her car this time. ;)

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Agreed. TPTB have been uneven and that sucks.

OK. I hope she doesn't show up having a connection to every seventh case. :p ;)

8. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

OK hands on deck. Who ever said or still says they are never getting married, or ever having children? And if it ever happened it would be WAY later in life?

Well, time changes people. I said it and I got married at age 20 and have 2 kids. Now, at the time with the kids I did cry (and not for joy) when I found out I was pg rated with them. But once it settled in I was, I became ok with it.

Point to the story......Even Carmine told tv guide he has to go where the writers tell him to take the character, and Danny has had to learn there are boundries and limits. So, perhaps they are allowing Danny to grow up. You know, like me, he ain't a spring chicken anymore. And, perhaps they want to have that "told you so" moment with Mac and Danny. We can't change it, Carmine can't change it. So, let's watch and see how TPTB handle it. Pam Vesey didn't say it was going to be a bed of roses. Who knows, ole Danny Messer might be a fantastic father. But, for the record, I personally can't wait to see what the future holds.

9. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I always thought Danny's comment in S1 about marriage and love is one of those things that you say in the moment because its apt and at that point in time thats how you feel but deep down you know you want it, saw it more as banter between the to and almost Mac joking about Danny's lifestyle.

I'm hoping its done well, the best i've seen it done so far is in Without A Trace in the way they have handled Sams pregnancy and now baby, its nice although the father isn't on the team i stil think they have done it in a way which works. Hopefully the CSI can take a lead from it.

10. Half

Half CSI Level Two

See, I didn't really think the Sam thing was done that well, because it seemed sort of out of character. (To me at least) My definition of pregnancy as-of-yet well-handled is JJ on Criminal Minds. She's slowly doing less field work, and the father is a cop that she's been seeing from a completely different state, let alone on the team.

However, my point is that I agree with Dawni. If they can handle it like the successful pregnancies on other shows, they should be fine. If they make it too much like that's all the show is about, we won't get to season seven. (I say seven because they might be able to squeeze six in before we get sick of it.)

11. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I did think the way it happened and was unexpected was out of character but kind of from then on they did it well in that they didn't say thats it your out of the field they kind of expected that we would know that whic his nicer in a way.

I think part of me just wants it over and done with and out in the open so i can't debate over if its a good move or not.

12. Kelleigh

Kelleigh Witness

[

I never read that about Lindsay assuming that Danny won't be a good dad. :eek: Where did you see this? Can you post it?

Kelleigh

13. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

I'm wondering the same thing! This is the first time I've heard this.

Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?

14. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I think the implication of Lindsay assuming that Danny won't be a good dad is based on what she apparently says to him when he confronts her and she tells him she's pregnant. At the moment it's only a brief snippet that's without context and (for me, at least) is open to interpretation at this stage. I personally think it's natural that a woman be nervous about telling a man she's pregnant, it's life changing after all, especially if she's not together with that man or if things are rocky between them.

I think she supposedly tells him she doesn't expect anything from him and I'm pretty sure whatever she says is wrapped up in her mistrust of him and his feelings for her rather than because she thinks he's going to be a bad father.

15. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

Oooh I see.

Well yeah I agree, I think that's a natural reaction.
    Plus, like you said I think it needs to be seen in context.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.