CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlemegs

littlemegs Dead on Arrival

Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

its gonna be annoying when llindsay has her baby unless she has a miscarriage cos it means she will always be known as the one with dannys child she will never be able to develope her own character
    on the other hand it will be interesting to see how she copes with the pregnancy

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I don't see them doing any type of miscarriage or pregnancy problems since Anna Belknap is really pregnant. That would be insensitive at best.

I also agree that people who only watch for DL and those that will stop watching because of DL are in the extreme minority. The show is much more than DL; it just seems to bring out strong feelings on both sides so it ends up being discussed most often.

3. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

Now wait, if that man was telling you he missed you and wanted you to come over so he can show you, you gonna tell me YOU wouldn't go running. Good lord, you couldn't hold me back. I'd be like: "Give me 10 mins and I'll be right there.":drool:

Ok perhaps that makes ME look bad.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Slightly random, but...

I think part of Lindsay's problem is that she doesn't have any friends outside of the job that we know of. She works with these people, she's friends with them, and she's sleeping with one of them. It's like she has all of her eggs in one basket. She doesn't seem to have someone she could 'talk' to about Danny - particularly since she basically said Danny was her best friend. Talking to Stella about it would be awkward at best.

The same would be true for any of them to a certain extent (like if Danny and Flack are BFFs the way we like to think they are ;) - of course, Danny didn't know about Devon until "You Only Die Once", so methinks Flack likes to keep at least a few things to himself :p).

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

That's definitely a big problem for her character. I think it goes beyond that--Danny is the only character Lindsay has any real personal relationship with. Danny has his friendship with Flack, and he and Hawkes also have a teasing relationship. Danny also has mentor/protege relationship with Mac, or he did back in season one. Every other character on the show has other characters they're close to or at least share some sort of special relationship with, but not Lindsay, unless you count the annoying demonstrations she does on Mac every now and then. She's really a glorified love interest character and I think that's been to her detriment. Maybe that was the easiest way for TPTB to handle a character they clearly don't have much invested in and an actress who's mediocre at best, but I think it's been to the detriment of Danny and ultimately Lindsay as well.

Given Danny's reaction, can you blame him? :lol: Danny asking if Flack's girlfriend had teeth was one of the funniest exchanges I've seen between those two. :lol:

6. Faylinn

Oh yeah, you know Flack didn't want to hear Danny run his mouth. :lol:

Yeah, although I think we're supposed to buy that Lindsay and Stella are girlfriends or something - I'm not seeing it, but either way...

To quote imaguestage from the previous page:

That's kind of what made me think in terms of Lindsay's lack of friends. She doesn't have anybody to tell her to stick to her guns or move on - all she has is this small group of colleagues. I doubt any of the others want to be brought into her business with Danny, especially after miscommunication and drama have landed them where they are. Nobody wants to be in the middle of that (I know I sure as heck don't), particularly when they work so closely with both people involved.

If the writers don't even acknowledge any of the issues people on here have pointed out repeatedly, I'll be severely disappointed.

7. DLStrong

DLStrong Civilian

hey so just a quick cute little thing danny said in season two that i thought appropriate in light of him soon becoming a daddy...
    " He wanted the best for his kid, nothin wrong in that investment." season 2 episode 5
    i just thought that was adorable and evidence that backs up the fact that danny is going to make a great father.

8. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I don't think Danny saying that he would do the best for his kid necessarily means that he will be a great father...I'm sure many people say that, but aren't exactly prepared for the situation.

Either way, I think Danny will certainly love and care for the baby, without a doubt...I don't think he'll be ready for it though. The incident with Ruben was only a couple of months (if that) before this pregnancy, and seeing as how Danny was hurting to be AROUND children in Happily Never After, I'm sure being told he is going to be a father of one will certainly make him uneasy.

That is, supposing we continue to get continuity. I don't like the storyline of the pregnancy at all, but at least if they wrote it to make sense with his character, I could stand it. I have a feeling its going to play out just as childishly as the D/L debacle did.

Would it really have been so hard to say that Lindsay had a family problem at home or something? Have her travel back to Montana, go to her family or whatever...give her some development AWAY from NY and from Danny. Anna can leave when she starts to really show, and we might actually get to see her when she ISN'T joined at the hip with Danny.

With her leave, we might be able to get more of the backstories of characters that have been pushed aside for DL...most notably Hawkes; but Adam and Sid as well.

I just really dont understand WHY they felt writing the pregnancy into the show was the BEST solution there was...

9. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

methinks CSI:NY is in for a title change, The Danny and Lindsay show. But seriously, adding a baby into the show? I don't know how they're going to pull it off without... ruining something. Of course maybe the baby will disappear into this "black hole of continuity" that everyone speaks of, imagine that.

10. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

I guess I also look bad then. :lol:

11. Faylinn

Ladies, ladies, ladies - at least give him a stern talking-to before the bra goes flying, ok? :lol:

Didn't he also make a comment in that same episode about how he was never having kids or something? (I could be wrong.) :p

Anyway, I wouldn't really consider comments like those a sign of him being a good or bad parent - Danny just likes to talk. :lol: I think he'll do alright when faced with the situation, but I definitely think he's going to struggle with it at first - as most parents probably do. ;) Danny has been shown to be a sweet guy with a good heart (even if he screws up a lot) - I think that says he'll be a good dad more than anything he's actually said. :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Agreed. I have far fewer doubts about Danny as a parent than I do about Lindsay. I think the Ruben situation taught Danny the hard way how important it is to be responsible and attentive as a parent.

13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I think it's important for fans to be capable of differentiating between Lindsay and themselves, between fiction and reality. A discussion about whether 'Danny can/can't or should/shouldn't be with Lindsay' is pointless if this differentiation isn't made, because things will pretty much devolve into, "Danny/Lindsay must stay together because I love Danny!1!1" Or something. (And no, I don't consider that valid support for this pregnancy plot at all.)

This isn't about whether fans love the ship or not or whether TPTB should be catering to anyone, this is about how this development is going to affect the show in the long run. Based on past seasons and on the spoilers that heavily indicate this will be all about Danny's reaction towards it, to me, this development will cause much more harm than good for Lindsay's character, and that's if you actually still think there's hope for her. As I've mentioned before, it's damn ironic even non-Lindsay fans were hopeful for Lindsay to be portrayed in a much better light, independent of Danny so she can grow on her own to become a character worthy of being on the main cast.

But no. Of all the things TPTB had to do, they had to make her look worse now, much worse. :brickwall: This isn't one of those things TPTB can just brush under the rug either, not without becoming an utter laughing stock. Even Pam Veasey said the 'fallout will be felt for a very long time'. Heck yeah, it will, especially if it's handled in a really piss poor way! :mad: And I really must say this: No, not 'all' of us care about DL. In this thread alone, it's clear there are those who don't. All that line did was show the desperation in attempting to push this development as something 'good'. Trying too hard, TPTB.

In regards to Lindsay having had a personal relationship only with Danny, I chalk it up to TPTB's huge mistake of using Danny as her prop all this time. Even with this pregnancy plot, it's clear it's still all about Danny, even though Lindsay's the pregnant one here. Danny took the limelight from her for her Big Dark Secret storyline, and now, it seems the same thing is happening again. So when exactly are we ever going to see Lindsay with her own story? Geez, when are we ever going to see Lindsay with a plot that doesn't involve Danny propping her up in any way? This pregnancy plot comes to pass, it's guaranteed she'll always be nothing more than a shadow riding on Danny's popularity. What a shame.

As for justifying Lindsay jumping into bed with Danny again simply because 'she's in love' ... If she really loves him like she says she does, she would have let him go to find his happiness instead of being so centered on her own feelings and making him feel like s**t for not doing things the way she expected him to. Only a selfish person who puts herself as numero uno could have done what she did, kick a man down while he's still grieving over the death of a child and turn on her own word in the blink of an eye just to get her jollies fixed. Heh, seeing how things are going to go this season, looks like she'll be paying for it for a long, long time. Unfortunately for Danny, she had to drag him down with her. Then again, that's what he gets for having sex with her without protection. Action have consequences, and sometimes, you'll pay for it for the rest of your life.

And out of curiosity ... I've noticed the main reason some people have stated this pregnancy plot is a 'good thing' is that it'll 'bring more drama to the show'. So, why is it that when it was Rikki who was the pregnant one, the complaints were about more Danny drama ... but now that it's Lindsay who's pregnant, Danny having more drama is now the 'best reason' why it should happen? :confused: :rolleyes:

If I remember right, I believe he did say that. And not only that, he was horrified at the mere idea of love/marriage. So for TPTB to suddenly spin this as Danny wanting those things, especially in light of all that's happened ... :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: Yeah, jump the shark is a mild way of putting it.

Agreed. This is why a certain thing Lindsay says to him in the spoilers and implies with it makes me really, really not like her. Takes two to make a baby, Lindsay. And if you're already assuming he's no good to be a dad and won't be bothered helping you out, why did you even jump back into bed with him? :rolleyes:

14. Faylinn

Here's the spoiler report for 5.07 "Dead Inside"

If one of the modly ones could put that in the 'just the facts' thread, I'd be much obliged. :)

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

OK, I love Samantha Flack and all, but if she's going to have some sort of connection to every third case it's gonna get old fast. I'm not saying she will, but I'm just sayin'. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.