Marg/Catherine #7.0 ~ Totally Thud Worthy

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by SunsetBoulevard, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

If you haven't read about it in the spoiler lab, ET will be having a CSI week starting from Monday and Marg will join them on the set. Woohoo, looks like it's going to be a Marg week, too! The CSI premiere, Craig, and now ET. :D

2. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Can it be Marg week every week? I'd like that :D

3. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Hell yeah! :D

I can't wait for this week. :)

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Bad news...Marg's name is off of Craig's guest list. I have no idea why, but it seems that we won't be seeing her Wednesday unless it's a mistake. :( Dayum I was looking forward to their conversation.

BUT...Les Girls 8 is tonight. I hope there will be pics and maybe a video clip. :)

5. Alex

Alex Lab Technician

Re: Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P2

TV GUIDE:

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I find it amusing that this woman wonders why Catherine dresses like an exotic dancer. Doesn't she realize that Catherine once WAS an exotic dancer? Sometimes, habits (especially dressing ones) are hard to kick. I personally never really noticed Catherine's makeup being that bad or her clothes being that revealing. Truthfully, I noticed the low cut tops more on Alexx Woods (former Miami ME) than any of the CSI women. :lol:

The heels thing drives me nuts though. But, Catherine isn't the only one to do that. Calleigh sometimes does it too. :lol: And this woman singling out Marg is kind of unfair. Marg probably doesn't even make the wardrobe decisions. Blame the wardrobe department, not her. And tptb could take a little of it too. Although if Marg was unhappy with the clothing, I'm sure she'd speak up. though with how quick tptb were to [briefly] fire Jorja and George that time for being tardy, I'd be a bit afraid to. :lol:

As for the Julia thing... I can pretty much guarantee that had Meg Ryan not turned down the Pretty Woman lead role, most likely no one would even know who Julia Roberts is, cause that's where she basically got her big break.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  7. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I'd like to add that I read pretty much all of Marg's interviews - and I can't recall her making any comment like that...

As for the clothes - if the show were really true to life, they'd all be wearing the white suit things, masks etc.

Besides, as GregNickRyanFan said - she WAS an exotic dancer.

8. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I remember the thing about Marg on Craig's show being about her in a skit. Maybe they took her name off, but the skit will still air?

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Quoted from spoiler lab to here regarding TvGuide article..

10. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I read that interview and I don't think Marg was bemoaning about not having Julia's career. She was rather joking about herself not really attracted to all the fame and stuff. But you know, everything and anything can be used as an excuse to not like someone. It's funny, though. The two films mentioned are actually the two most successful movies in Julia's career. :lol: Anyway, I just don't think it's our place to criticize how someone dresses and stuff like that. If they feel comfortable and confident, good for them. Why should anyone thinks of them matters? Oh btw, Victoria L. probably didn't see the pap pic of Helen Mirren in one of those gossip magazines back in June. She was in a red bikini. Personally I think she looked gorgeous, but I wonder what Victoria would say had she seen that pic.

But really, it's not the actresses that decide what they wear on the show. Remember Emily Procter once said something like "do you really think we get to decide what to wear?"

Ugh. It's a TV show. It's fictional. WHY SO SERIOUS?

11. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

*shakes head*. I really don't know what to say to that article/question-answer. I agree with Erica its not our place to judge what they wear, and love what Emily Procter said, that should be put to answer that question. But also, as mentioned, Cath was an exotic dancer in the past, and that really made me laugh that it obviously isn't known by the questioner.

12. GregNickRyanFan

I'd like to add, just for the record, that I like Marg a whole lot better than Julia. :lol: And if they dressed like CSIs in real life, they'd all have to pull their hair back/pin it up and possibly wear something over their hair to keep it from contaminating the crime scene evidence. But, I'd just say to that lady (from the article), "do you know what a remote is?" Hey, if you don't like it, change the freaking channel for crying out loud! :lol:

13. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Exactly, if it were real life, we really wouldn't have much of a show to watch full stop. they'd all be in big white jumpsuits, and we wouldn't be able to tell one character from another.

Also, if it were real life, the show would last about a month per ep at least I guess, for getting results back, sending them off etc etc etc. Which is why it's a show.

I like your idea gregnickryanfan, if you don't like, change channel.

I'd like to add I like Catherines outfits on the whole ;)

14. misshelgenberger

misshelgenberger Rookie

I completely agree. There are some elements of the show where you can't get it absolutley perfect. If you wanted it perfect you might as well go and watch the forensics channel.

As for the clothes i have never been bothered about what any of them wear. It' s a show about crime not fashion. So what she wears low cut tops. I have seen far worse on tv than that.

And as for the fact that the beautiful women are always the heroines, its a matter of opinion. You cannot label someone as "Hollywood pretty" everyone has flaws and their own ulgy side. Just because someone plays a suspect or murderer doesn't mean they arent pretty enough to play a higher role. Its just a role they were picked for.

And fiinally that tv guide article was disgusting and rude towards Marg. It made out as if she was setting a bad example. If they got there facts straight they would realise that she has no choice in her wardrobe, and have they even been paying attention to what she wears in here normal everyday life or at awards. Feel free to say that Catherine Willows outfits are bad and you feel they set a bad example but not Marg, they are two completely different people.

Rant over.:)

15. GregNickRyanFan

You are absolutely right. Marg wears what they tell her to wear ... what the writers/producers, etc feel is right for the character and the character's personality. To loop Marg personally into that and attack her was very irresponsible of that person in that article. And IMO, it was irresponsible of TV Guide to publish the comments.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.