Horatio/Yelina #9: If You Could Read My Mind....

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Mar 27, 2008.

?

Which thread name do you like best?

1. If You Could Read My Mind

25 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. What Hurts The Most Was Being So Close

19 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. My Love Is Only For You

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. In This Life I Was Loved By You

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  5. Do I Have To Say The Words

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. silk

silk Prime Suspect

I agree with you rakhira. No continuity. Why would H not warn her ahead of time of his plan. It makes it appear that he does not care for her or her feelings any longer. Would he not think about how she felt when she found out about Ray BOTH TIMES! and how it would affect her when she learned about himself? And speaking of Ray, when Y walked up to H by THE WATER (what is it about these people and water?), and spoke about Frank calling her, etc, that would have been a perfect opportunity and a logical point to mention that this was a similar situation to Ray's but tgtb dropped that ball like so many others in this episode. Did Y have any kind of back up when she went to see Saris? We never get to know that and it's an important point. He held a gun to her head. What would have happened if he had not believed her (yeah, I know, it's in the script) but I think it's an important point to know if someone had her back. And again, H just showing up in places, and in places where his underground cover could have easily been blown. As for Julia, I have never seen her as a victim. She always appears more to be the victimizer. I don't remember her working with H in intelligence. I thought he said she was a nurse, so I'm kind of lost with this one??

This episode seemed like someone at CBS handed 5 people a general story outline and said to each of them "have at it" and just put everything they wrote together whether it really gelled or not. I am so sorry that I missed BL's premier last night and as drgnldy said, if I lurk here and see that Y is on, I will tune in to see what SM's contribution to the episode is. Not with any hope of development with H but merely for her acting abilities, at least the little bit we get to see. Personally, I believe we have all just witnessed the beginning of the end.... William Shatner and crew, save me a seat!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  2. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I have three words.... WTF??!

Yelina really deserves better than H.
    She's still so loving and caring about him, but he's so cold. The last season premiere, at tleast there was some smile from H, a look that showed her he was pleased to see her. This time? Nothing! She was all ready to do anything for him but he like was so cold! Urgh!! What's with that?!

She said she couldn't believe it when Frank called to say H was dead. At least he could have apologised. Instead he was all business. And yeah, what's with H/Y and only talking around bodies of water?

Why couldn't H be a good boy and let Y go up to him and she looked like she was about to touch him on the arm or cheek, but he, typical H, stepped back! Why couldn't he do what Saris did and stayed in one spot?

But to be honest, as someone mentioned in the episode thread, all Y really has to do, is turn on the charm and do what she did to Saris and I'm pretty sure she'd have H wrapped around her little finger. But I know Y respects H a whole lot and hence his boundaries. Whatever they're still there for?

What I don't get is why she'd keep risking her life for him, without him showing any appreciation in return?

I'm really sad to say that the H/Y chemistry that got me so hooked so many seasons ago seems to have gone! :scream: Y still has those longing looks but H? He's like all cold.

IMO the only tender moment was when H told her to "be careful". Actually the best "H/Y" scene was when H wasn't actually in the scene. I mean the one where Y is with Saris. I loved that she stood up to him, (awesome Y kick ass moment), she was so cool to keep her head (no pun intended) and charm her way to win Saris' trust. What I liked about that scene was when Saris walked away and she looked up and nodded to H, as represented by his sunnies. It sort of gave me comfort that H was there, watching over her as he promised to seasons ago.

Sigh I'm really disappointed with the H/Y in this episode. And as mentioned, if you were playing dead, why'd you appear in so many places you could be seen? Hello?! At MDPD?!

I'm just glad tomorrow I get to be cheered up with a new episode with my new fave ship...

EDIT:

I knew it!!! TPTB have lost it. But I guess we knew it all along.

The promo pics for this particualr episode had H kissing Julia on the top of her head. I guess that means H/Y is going out the window! :wtf: Poor Y, I don't understand why she still shows up at H's every beck and call. It sort of "cheapifies" her (I know there's no such word but you get what I mean). On another note, I thought I'd puke when and if I ever saw any physical sign of affection between H/J but the pic was actually very sweet. Don't kill me but H/J do have some chemistry going on. So it'll beinteresting to see how tptb take things from here.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  3. silk

silk Prime Suspect

What a really sad commentary about the status of our ship! We have just had a brand new episode in which there were a few moments with our friends together, even if they were rather unsatisfying to most of us, and no one can find anything to talk about. We have slipped almost to the bottom of the page only 4 days after a brand new season has begun. I hope H/Y can swim. They should be able too since they spend so much time around water. Someone play the theme song from the movie "Titanic"! and call the coast guard!

4. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I think most of us are in mourning, for it appears TGTB no longer believe in our ship. Sometimes, I think Miami must have hired a bunch of fourteen year old boys as writers (no offense intended to our younger members; you're obviously a whole lot more mature than what I'm talking about), guys who believe only hot just-out-of-their-teens chicks could possibly interest a 50-year-old man. Given the article at right,
    about 7X05, "Bombshell," I think H's closeness to Julia may be because she may suffers from a psychological disorder rather than his feeling some great love for her. The article's description of her actions makes it sound like she suffers from bipolar disorder. And we know our H, always the caretaker. Perhaps it's just that her needs are greater than Y's at this moment, so he is distracted. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out.

5. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

^ rahkira regarding your explaination about the episode, it's very logical. Never thought of that. Just got really disillusioned with Miami's tptb.

One point though

We'ver seen H care for needy females all through the series, like Marisol, Ana, and now Julia. But he's never kissed them before. Not even Marisol, thanks heavens for that! And I know promo pics can be misleading, so maybe H never really kisses J at all in the episode. But I always think that just cos she's his son's mother and he did admit to things being serious between them when he was undercover, so I'm inclined to wonder if H would still harbour something for J. Even though it doesn't make sense to just "forget" Y like that.

But it looks exciting and I too am waiting to see how the episode unfolds.

6. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

But Hrockz, as you said a couple posts back,
    he is kissing Julia on the top of the head. My first reaction upon reading the spoiler was that it was a non-romantic action, like a Dad would do to reassure a frightened daughter. Let's just hope that's the case. It would be in keeping with H's temperament. He may be totally loyal to his son, but when it comes to romance, he'd be wary of a woman who'd already betrayed him. We've seen him do it before; historically, he's not been very forgiving that way.

7. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Yes I did say the spoiler

the promo pic had him kissing her on the head. But promo pics can be intentionally misleading. Still although it's on the head so I agree with you it could be totally non-romantic, but still to me it speaks volumes cos we've never seen H show physical affection of any kind to any woman on the show before. So to me although I'm totally for H/Y, to see H show affection like that to another woman, it's kinda sweet. And I do think J has some feelings for H stil, if not she'd not leave Saris like that. And if you read the spoilers from CSIFiles, in the episode, supposedly J has a breakdown of some kind and H is the only one who can get through to her.

It just makes me wonder if ever we're ever gonna see H/Y get together, or have tptb totally abandoned the idea of getting them together?

I really hope we'll see Y again this season, but if it's just to appear and do H some favor (other than in the bedroom :devil:), sorry my head's in the gutter, then it gets really sad.

On the other hand I don't understand why tptb continue to write her character in certain episodes. I know that the events of 'Resurrection' could have easily been potrayed without Y. I mean why have her show up to do some really dangerous thing for H then have no last parting words between them? Why have her on the show at all if not for (a) tptb know that Y still has fans and they want to increase viewership (b) they still have H/Y in mind.

I really hope (b) is true.

8. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I feel the same way. I think the last couple of episodes she's been in could have been done without her, but for some reason tptb felt she should be in them. I don't think they'll just leave it the way it is right now because there's still a lot of unanswered questions between H/Y that still haven't been answered yet.....and I'd like to think option (b) is the right choice.

From a shipper's point of view, it does hurt to see that...but, unless I missed something, I still haven't seen him look at another woman like he has Yelina so I'm just gonna hold on to that for the time being.

9. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

After reading a lot of articles on H's character, going back a ways, I've begun to believe DC is playing Super H for all its worth on purpose. Then, it would follow that they would keep Y around as his only constant in the crazy Super H World that TPTB have created. Of course, given that the #1 rule of Super H World is if you sleep with Super H, you die :eek: (look out Julia, even if it's been-counts on fingers-seventeen years!), then H would be sure not to sleep with Y, because she must always be there for him. Then, in the final season they will find a way to break the curse and they will marry and live happily ever after :lol:

10. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

:lol: Yes I never thought of that! He did sleep with her so that they got Kyle... duh! *slaps self on forehead*

I like that explaination. And I hope it does happen. And I do agree with the Super H thing you said.

Although this weeks' episode was so :scream:. The last scene in the warehouse with all those "her-who-should-not-be-named" lookalikes?

TPTB, please enough of the Marisol-references already!

11. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Maybe we should keep a positive outlook here; they had long dark hair and were pretty. Maybe H thought of them as Yelina lookalikes. :lol:

Has anyone heard anything about when SM will next appear? I know, I'm being greedy, but we get so little satisfaction here in this thread. I guess it's back to the fan fic pages for me. :(

12. ch3r12y

ch3r12y Witness

Ok, i made this manip. pic but im not quite sure if im allowed to post it here but still..

[​IMG]

i know there are rules here but pls 1CSIMfan if ur checking this post pls don't delete it i just wanna share this manip. pic here - this is the only H&Y thread that i know, thanks :).

13. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

ch3r12y - we won't delete this post. We do allow some fanart to be posted in the shipper threads. Just try to also include some on topic discussion. I am going to direct you to the photo manip thread over in fan art so you know about it. Others may want to see your pretty manip! Thanks!

14. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

No idea but I hope soon.

ch3r12y fantastic photomanip, very pretty. I really hope we get to see that one day on the show. It's nice to see a softer, more tender side of H and with Y would be simply awesome.

15. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

All "Super H" kidding aside, the more I watch the reruns on A&E, and Y's recurring presence in the newer epis, the more I think TGTB may have a plan re H/Y. After the she-who-shall-not-be-named fiasco, maybe they realized they'd made a mistake, but SM had already signed on to other commitments. And now they're bringing her back once in a while just to keep the storyline going. Hopefully, down the road, they will expand her presence at least a little and also mesh the Ray, Jr and Kyle lines a little. Once/If Julia, uhh, departs, H will spend more time with Kyle (hopefully, with both "his boys") and Y will be there to provide the softer side Kyle needs (I doubt H is much into hugging the boys, and even teenage boys need that).