Petersen, Fox, Dourdan Leave, Larry Fishburne In *No Spoilers* Closed

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by addictedtoSpeed, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. verycool

verycool Victim

Re: Petersen Leaving! Larry Fishburne Joins Cast! *No Spoilers*

i really wish william peterson wasnt leaving the show. But the good thing is he'll still be part of the show but behind the cameras. and he is willing to come back if needed. ok he's needed.
    lawrence fishburn is definately an interesting idea for a role on the show. We'll see how it plays out. I just hope no more original cast members leave. I guess this makes way for hodges and mandy and the rest of the cast to have bigger parts on the show. omg i hope hodges doesnt become a csi.

2. ebuzz55

ebuzz55 Pathologist

When I first read that he hadn't seen the show I thought it was wierd, but considering that his character is walking into a new situation, it might work in his favor. It's reported that he was given episodes to watch by Carol Mendolsohn, which made me wonder which ones she gave him? :shifty: I would hope they're from the first couple of seasons, because they set the original overall tone of CSI.

I admit I liked "early Grissom" best of all, because he had some mystery about him. Along the way he seemed to lose some of that complexity and the writers weren't giving him much to do. Considering the fact that Billy has been looking toward a future without CSI, the events already set in motion are a logical move toward his departure. It's inevitable that some will like it and some won't. I was so hoping he could leave with some of that mystery intact (a la Gideon).

I'll surely miss Grissom, but then I started "missing" him around S5, even though S7 & S8 had some bright spots.

3. alienor

alienor Police Officer

Exactly the same for me ! ;)

I kept watching CSI to have my Grissom's fix but I was always disappointed, that is why I will get though his departure.

4. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

Laurence Fishburne is an extremely talented actor and I am looking forward to see him on the show. Its quite a relief to know that Mr. Fishburne is a writer as well. The current crop of CSI writers suck. I hope they'll allow Mr. Fishburne to pitch in his ideas, he'd probably do a better job in making his character more interesting. :p The Keppler storyline in S7 worked because the interesting bits of Keppler's character (and Keppler's death) were all Liev Schreiber's ideas/suggestions.

5. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I was not aware of that information about Liev Schreiber! That's actually really interesting. I think you're right. It wouldn't hurt to have TPTB look at what LF may want for his character. I don't mean giving him full reign, but at least allowing him to become apart of the character he is about to become.

6. cjack_87

cjack_87 Dead on Arrival

sorry people i havn't been on for a while what have i missed?? has anyone been cast for the role yet??

7. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

As it now says in the title of this thread: Larry Fishburne Joins Cast.

And from today's entertainment news from TV GUide online:

It's funny how Pertersen will be presenting, when none of the CSI actors have been nominated in the last fifty years or so.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  8. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Re: Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

This isn't exactly episode news, but William Peterson and Laurence Fishburne will share the stage to present an award (which award, unnamed) at the Emmys on September 21st. This will be our first chance to see the two interacting (as actors not characters, but still could be interesting). (Source: thefutoncritic)

9. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Very good point. It drives me crazy that procedural dramas never get nominated for Emmy's, but shows like Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy get a boat load every year. But I'm getting OT now aren't I!?! Anyways, its pretty cool that the both of them will be presenting together. That means I'm actually going to have to watch the Emmy's this year :(!

10. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Sorry, not me. I hate award shows. Thank God for YouTube! Somebody will post it, I'm sure.

I am curious if anyone knows how long LF is signed for or his cost. He's a big name, probably for big bucks; and he does still have an active movie career. I'd be surprised if it was more than a year, maybe 1 1/2 at most. Should I Ask A**iello? :rolleyes:

11. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

You know, I've been wondering that myself. I am really interested in how long he will be on for and for what cost. He's is a B, if not A List actor so I'm assuming its up there.

12. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Probably should ask A**iello. But knowing CBS and TPTB it's not going to come out unless he (LF) tells us himself.

I'm also curious as to were he will be placed in the opening credits. His name says he should be first but his character being only a level 1 and low man on the totem pole says that even Greg should be before him. It should be interesting. :lol:

Susan

13. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

My guess is he's going to be shown at the end. But you're right, him being a level 1 CSI. It's just a bit weird, I mean he's so much older than Greg and he's starting a new "career".

I'm really excited about his character and what they have planned for him. Maybe he's written so that no one will like him? I hope not but we'll see!!

14. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Yeah I'm willing to bet he gets an "and" title at the end of the credits and we all know what that suggests.

15. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Just read an extremely short article about LF joining CSI and it was accompanied with a picture of LF in glasses and a beard. Really convinced me that he can fit it. He's more like Grissom, being a professor and all, more of a scientist and I'm really glad for that. :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.