The 30 and Over Club

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI_Kat, Aug 21, 2008.

1. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

We started this club when we had social clubs and we all enjoyed it. We had a wide range of topics and it is great to get ideas and views from other people who are at the same stage in life.

My son is almost 5 and about to start kindergarten. He has been in full-time pre-school for a year and will be in the same class with the same teacher - but I am still nervous about it. :eek: I can't believe he is at this age already! :scream:

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Can I join the Old Geezer (or Over The Hill) Club? I am 56. Some restaurants have been giving me senior citizen discounts since I was 50 or 55, but one near where I work won't give it to me until I'm 60.

3. CSI_Kat

Hey there Dynamo1! Glad to see you here. I know my parents - especially my dad were getting discounts in there 50's. I think my mom found it quite amusing to get them.

Me? I am soon to be 37. Feel older then that most days though. :rolleyes:

4. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

Ahaa - this is where it is now :D

Room for another zimmer frame? :lol:

5. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I guesss I belong in here. I'm a year younger than George Eads (it makes being 40 sound better that way! :lol:).

Some advice for you Kat. Stay as emotionless as possible. My niece fed off her fathers emotions on the first day and that made the start of the day impossible for both of them. This year is the first year that he won't be home for their first day of school. Yes we pushed for it this way! :shifty: By the way she's 13 and in 8th grade and her brother is 10 and in 5th grade.

Susan

6. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I guess I should pop in and say hi to everyone in the 30 and over club. I'm long past the 30 stage and as each day passes gets closer to the 50 club :)

Kat unfortunately I have no advice for you. The only 'kids' my hubby and I have have 4 legs, wear fur coats and meow :)

7. CSI_Kat

Well what will make it easier is that he has already been going there and will be in the same class with the same kids. The word kindergarten just makes me realize he is not my little baby anymore *sniff* Of course I will be proud of him!

Jaquie - I have 3 of those as well. :lol:

8. blackflag

The same school and same kids aught to make it a lot easier on both of you. When the kids moved in here and changed schools it was really impossible. No school in this city handles the first day the same way! :wtf:

Being in kindergarten can still be considered your baby. Christopher still considers himself the baby of the house.It was funny yesterday. We went to the Big Bugs exhibit at the Garden in the Woods (type in Big Bugs in search and you'll find it) and everytime he'd get up to another one of the bugs he'd run back and grab my hand and pull me up to it faster.

The 4 legged kids are a lot better than the 2 legged kids. They pay more attention to the adult people! :lol:

Susan

9. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Hey, this is great; a place to go where I don't have to worry about other posters thinking I'm a pedophile! :lol: It's amazing how many 30+ people there are here. I googled UGO the other day and found out that these boards are aimed at guys, aged 18 - 34. As far as Talk CSI goes, I think their TPTB miscalculated, and by a whole lot. The target audience probably holds true at the original site, the Star Trek one, though.

10. Gravity

Gravity Witness

Always nice to see there are more 'oldies' ;) on a forum :) I'm a 32 year old, still very young a heart :D Love music, I wake up with music and go to bed with it so to speak ;), other interests sports, culture, poetry, history and of course CSI :D

Great to see a mixture of backgrounds, countries and ages here on this forum :D

11. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

Hello! I belong in here too - I'm 32. Kat, I have a 5-year-old going to Kindergarten this year too! I also have a 7-year old who's in second grade, which actually makes me feel older. But Alex (5) is excited about school, which is half the battle, and Susan's advice is good.

At our school, they recommend that parents don't accompany their children to school on the first day. If they want photos, etc. they ask that you do it on a different day because on the first day, it's such a zoo. Also, our Kindergarten starts Wednesday rather than Tuesday - there's much less hustling and bustling the second day of school (as very few parents follow the school's recommendation).

12. althea

althea Lab Technician

Hey everyone, this is where I belong too and thanks Kat for starting this thread.;) I'm Althea out here in South Africa I will be turning 31 in just over a month's time and its very hard for me to digest sometimes to be honest:lol: Where did the time go? *sigh*

I have a niece who will be heading off to pre-school in January but she is already so excited about. Its all she ever talks about and she has dress rehearsals for it by getting into her sisters school uniform which is miles to big for her.:lol:

Out of interest when does the American schools officially start?

13. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Hi althea. Great to have people from so many countries contributing on this site.
    School start dates in the U.S. differ from state to state and even from district to district within the states. Generally, those not on year-round schedules start anywhere from the middle of August to the middle of September and end from the middle of May to the middle of June.
    Oh, and you're much younger than I am; Even when I was 31, I didn't think of it as old. I sure wouldn't want to be a teenager again, unless I could take all my experience back with me! :lol:

14. blackflag

I'm in Massachusetts and school starts August 26, next Tuesday. And boy am I waiting for it. :bolian:

I know in Florida it was supposed to start this week but they've changed that to next Monday because of tropical storm Fey. :shifty:

Susan

15. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

In Ontario most of the schools start the Tuesday after Labour Day. Labour Day is always the first Monday of September. I know in the region where I live a couple of high schools start on Monday which is the 25th.

rahkira you posted a comment about the age of most boards being 18-34. Don't tell The Ward Girls that because a number of us are in the 40 and over group :) George just does that to us :)