Season 7 **Spoiler Lab** - Gimme More, Gimme Gimme More!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

MAN everyone's posting mile-long posts! This really does need to be forwarded to TPTB.

Why can't they make Valera a freaking regular? They did it in LV with Greg didn't they?

As much as I like Eric/Calleigh moments, the "almost" thing is driving me crazy. Just kiss her already! Good GOSH! It's not like she won't refuse!

When TPTB thinks of adding character development to an episode, they need to see this list.

Frank: Why haven't they done anything with his divorce? Surely a person doesn't act completely the same after that happens.. And he's bald! Make jokes about that and then he can go sit in a corner and cry!

Ryan: HE GOT FIRED! AND RE-HIRED! Usually that involves a little drama! And we know NOTHING about him yet! So much potential, thrown down the toilet in place for Kyle. :scream: Plus, he has OCD! Which should make him crazy! (Not really, but hey, it would be fun).

Natalia: Her ex husband died and she has (stupid) sisters! Plus she's new! She can argue with Ryan some more! And she slept with everyone to get information! That makes people mad too!

Valera: Well, I don't know, but everyone likes her and wants to see more of her and her hair!

:brickwall:

No wonder Khandi left. I don't blame her...

2. Kazalene

Kazalene Rookie

Wow, how crazy is it in here?

I guess I'm a little late to the party, but this Calleigh getting slapped thing sounds good to me - she needs to start showing some emotion, considering everything that's happened to her, and maybe this will be a 'wake up call'.

I miss the old episodes where they all met around the table/in the break room to discuss things, to delegate tasks and talk to one another. And I thought Ryan was meant to be a replacement for Speed, not a lab tech.

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Sorry, I know this isn't necessarily the place for this but I have to respectfully say - that is false.
    This is one of the many reasons that TPTB need to add to Natalia's development, or rather dig that up out of the continuity archives, because she did not sleep with everyone for info - that came from Eric because he was upset in learning she was the mole & ASSumed that that was her intentions, this was also before him knowing that it was Monica, who all along had been playing the bigger part of the mole. (See 'One of our own' & don't blink or go pee - you'll miss it) ;)

4. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I know, I just had to think of something. :lol: *I don't like character too much....*

She did sleep with Eric though. BARF

5. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Here's my thing with Natalia: I think she deserves a good storyline as much as anyone else does, but I've always had an issue with her. Maybe it's because I also watch Vegas, and see Sara and can't help but compare her with Natalia, but I feel like Nat's kind of weak. Her character has always had issues, whether it be her husband, or the mole issue, or the mistakes she made, of the fact that she second-guesses herself, or how she always is really eager to do her job and please people (this bugs me, she shouldn't be trying to please anyone IMO)- either way, she seems weak to me. It's just an opinion, please don't kill me. :lol:

However, TPTB should take advantage of this, and give her some sort of a storyline! Something that she can do- maybe something Horatio-esque, a little heroic, or something- to make her more believable as a CSI and a woman in law enforcement. Right now, I almost laugh when she takes out her gun.

Sorry, don't kill me. *runs and hides*

Ha, Valera and her hair. She should be made a series regular if anyone. Greg was on Vegas, and I think she's the Greg of Miami. She's funny, quirky, cute, and has great hair. :lol: Give her something, more than the fact that she was with Nat's ex, because she, not Horatio's son, deserves it. Miami doesn't (or, shouldn't) revolve around the head of the crime lab and his demons.

6. Kazalene

Kazalene Rookie

Well said! Couldn't agree more :). Valera is great, and there's so much potential for character development there - I mean, she's already part of a ship!

Nat needs a meaty storyline, definitely, but I'd love to see the team get one, too. And one that makes them really interact with one another.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think they should have Nat taking some kind of self defense classes or something. Or maybe she's working a case with one of the other CSIs and a bad guy tries to attack her and she does a spin kick (after he knocks the gun out of her hand) and knocks him down. And the other CSI who is with her asks her where she learned to do. :lol: I mean, if I had been through what Nat has been through, you can bet I'd be signing myself up for some self defense classes. :lol:

:lol: I always thought of Valera as sort of a cross between Greg and Abby (from NCIS). :lol:

8. Hcrazy

Hcrazy Lab Technician

Hey,

Thanks Delkolover!!! ;) Now we need more pics! hey Vegaslights.:lol:

Hey I just saw the Promo for CSI vegas. :eek: OMG! It looks great! Grissim is crying!

I have been waiting and recording to catch when they show Miami's promo but nothing so far! :brickwall: Why?! :angryrazz: ARGHHHHHHHH!

I need my Miami! :lol::lol::lol:

HCrazy

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2008
  9. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I know it...I can't wait a whole month longer! We've been suffering too long!!!

*cries*

10. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

I cried. I know, I'm a baby. But the difference between Vegas and Miami is that Vegas is so much more realistic, and less overdramatic, and when it is really sad and dramatic, it hits hard, which is the point of those scenes. I love Miami for it's characters at this point, and not the show itself. It's one of the reasons that I'm more of a Vegas fan at this point.

However, I'm still super excited to see the premiere and see what they do with it. Just more excited for Vegas. :lol:

11. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

At least Vegas improved this aspect.
    I think that both Vegas and NY improved in a lot of thing while Miami is the only one which get worse except for the acting.
    I do agree that this episode as more potential than a lot of others;).

I've always seen Valera as Greg. I think that at the beginning she was Miami's Greg, but, since things changed, I do understand TPTB's choices, although I would have liked to see as a regular.

As much I don't like them, I do agree. If they want to put them together, please do it immediatly possibly without making Jake look the dumbest/worst person of the world. This situation is nauseating:rolleyes:

That's exactly the reason why I want this slap, only to see Calleigh's reaction after it especially after such a bad year.

Well at first they showed Ryan as Speed's replacement but then yeah I agree he became a lab tech, alway wandering through the crime lab without nothing to do and talking every now and then with someone:lol:.
    Plus as Hollyyo mentioned he was fired and rehired and we don't know anything about this guy except his OCD.
    I would like to see this aspect developed 'cause I think that OCD some times can be dangerous since it's an illness....psycholical, but it's an illness.

As for Natalia I do think she became stronger than she was at the beginning of the show especially when she first became a CSI.
    During her first case as CSI I laughed the whole time because I thought she was too weak for this job.
    But then my opinion about this girl completely changed: I think that now she's a damn good CSI, maybe a little bit weaker than the others but every day I can see an improvement from her.
    I also think that her trouble with the gun should have been developed even before she obtained her own gunm, but since they didn't do it I'd like to see something new related to those troubles.

I've never imagined that the idea of Calleigh being slapedd could have created such a mess in here:lol:

12. Kazalene

Kazalene Rookie

Don't forget the writers strike messed last season up a little. I'm sure I read somewhere that she was going to have a love interest with her firearms instructor. When the writers came back, they just did a 'run and gun' to try and get as many episodes out as possible.

Haha, that's because everyone's so :eek: that it's not H drama for a change.

13. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Yeah... If the writers wanted to have more H drama, they could have had H being slapped. Does the fact that I have a smile on my face while I think about H being slapped make me a bad person?

14. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I agree that there is too much action for H, Cal and Eric to the exclusion of everyone else. Dont get me wrong I like these characters and dont mind the odd storyline for them, but its none stop. At least it was only H centric before, and although it was annoying he is the main guy. Season 6 seemed to give Eric and Cal this extra screen time, but they have had there time now, the writers should give Ryan, Nat and Frank something, anything. It seems pointless them being there if they are only going to be on screen 2 minutes.
    And the odd team scene wouldnt go amiss. Vegas manage it. There is no coehsion. Thinking positively ;) the rest of the season may prove us wrong, I Hope!

15. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

You know, I think we should seriously consider a petition thread to TPTB.

Even though they'll probably be like, "Wow...these people are OBSESSED!"

But that's ok. Because I will admit it. Will you? lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.