Season 7 **Spoiler Lab** - Gimme More, Gimme Gimme More!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Yay! Yelina's on the episode. I hope she's gonna appear for more than a couple of minutes.

Kyle's a regular now? Hmmm.... makes me wonder if H is eventually gonna get custody of him.

2. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Ugh watch every episode this season be all connected to H somehow now that Kyle is a regular. I don't mind it every now and then, but come on! This is Crime Scene Investigation, not Horatio's Drama Show! :(

3. togofan444

togofan444 Prime Suspect

I'm so behind.... Kyle's a regular now? Yay! I love him! And it looks like we get to see Yelina and Valera too, which makes me happy. I wonder if Horatio will get custody of Kyle now that he's a regular..... And what'll happen with Eric and Calleigh! I hope she makes the right decision between Jake and Eric........

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

For some reason that just reminded me of the episode 'Who Shot Mr. Burns' from The Simpsons. :lol:

Indeed. I'm kind of wondering what role exactly Kyle will fill in a crime scene investigation show as none of the other CSIs have their 'children' (Catherine's daughter, Brass' daughter, Mac's wife's son, Alexx's son) as regulars.

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

**bumps in the thread**

Although I love Kyle so much (right now he's one of my fav. characters of the show), I think it's not that fair to put him as a regular:rolleyes:.
    I mean yeah he could be a very important character for H's development but as you mentioned it's Crime Scene Investigations and not H's Drama.
    At this point they could easily add Jake, Yelina and Valera and that wouldn't be a bad idea. I'd love it 'cause in my opinion they deserve it....they're not drama, they're just detectives and lab tech:p

As for the episode nothing new...they'll start with the same look of s6 finale and that means they'll start with the same day, which is good;).

Anyway I'd like to thank everyone who posted the spoilers, the pics and the video:thumbsup:since I've been away for a while and I can't comment everything;)

6. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

I for one would find it rather amusing to see Horatio juggle parenting AND detective stuff. "Hi, sorry I am late to a crime scene but Kyle was out partying with friends and I had to call him to the carpet for public drunk/disorderly...". Plus some of the cases involving children/parents he'd really relate now to problems...

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'd love to see H doing parental things, aside from the drama though. They can touch base with him being a father without all the added "my son is destructive" garbage. Don't get me wrong, I adore Kyle & the story has great potential, but I think it's unnecessary to have a father/son duo take over this type of show. It's pretty damn sad that Julia & Kyle have had more of a story arc than Natalia, Ryan, & Frank...not to mention Alexx.
    I would love the story more if it were something more subtle & still allowed "the neglected CSIs" to carry on with a life too. I hope Kyle/Evan is a keeper, but I don't believe it's in all fairness to the rest of the cast if he takes a spot in the opening credits.

8. Mrs. Darcy1234

Mrs. Darcy1234 Hit and Run

I think if they added him on to the show, it would not take away time from the others, I mean maybe they will show Kyle in a more postive light come some espiodes and we wont have to deal with his butt always in trouble. But I am happy they added him, I like the father son duo and I hope it stays.

9. Illest Illesha

Illest Illesha Victim

Hey Guys!

I was originally registered on the site, but suddenly my account wouldnt work.
    Ive missed SO much.
    Does anyone know the link for the interview with Adam Rodriguez, and Emily Procter.
    Specifically the one talking about how Adam said he hopes that their characters get to pounce each other.
    I tried the link, but it opened with all this jibberish.
    I appreciate it!

Thanks!

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

The fact that Kyle has already had more of a story arc shows that the father/son angle has already taken away from others.Kyle only needs to be seen a few episodes a season,he does not need to be so much of a focus.
    Natalia,Ryan and Frank are almost being wasted,and yet there is all this focus on Kyle.We wouldn't have to deal with Kyle's butt always in trouble if it wasn't featured so much.

11. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

That would be really interesting and lovely for CSI:Miami, I'm the first one to ask for these moments;). Anyway also in these cases I think there's no need for Kyle to be part of the regular cast.
    I mean...yeah I'd love to see him a lot more in the future, but, still, I think that being regular is too much.

Ditto!!!!
    It's not fair...especially if you think about Ryan, Frank, Natalia...not to mention Yelina and Jake or even Valera.
    As for Alexx the situation is even worse. Our fav. ME had one serious plot in 6 years ("Rock and a Hard Place" was the only episode which was almost completely dedicated to her family) while Kyle had already at least 2 serious plots in six months:wtf:

12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I agree. I don't mind Kyle being in episodes, I quite like the father/son dynamic, but I watch csi miami because I like crime shows, not to see a soap opera. To make Kyle a regular, when there are other cast members like Ryan, Frank and Natalia who have had the bare minimum in screentime and storylines, doesn't seem right to me.

13. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Welcome Illest Illesha! :)

Yeah I tried the link again too, the site says they have an 'Internal Server Error' so it'll have to be dealt with on their end before the video is available again.

Regarding Kyle & everyone else: It is a shame that Alexx was offered less storylines than Kyle but I guess what sometimes happens when a new character is introduced this far along in the series, they kind of monopolize things for a while to speed up development. I saw that happen with Star Trek Voyager when they added Seven of Nine. :borg: The character pretty much had episode after episode while everyone else had a supporting role in her drama. :lol:

Is it sad when I start to compare CSI:Miami to Star Trek? Yeah, I think so. I guess it comes with the territory when it's a franchise with multiple series over a long period of time. Anyway. :eek:

I like Kyle but yeah, it's a little soon to see him as a regular. Of course there's always the possibility that Futon Critic got it wrong but...you know how that goes.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  14. Mrs. Darcy1234

Mrs. Darcy1234 Hit and Run

Well, I think it doesn't take away from the others if they add Kyle as a regular. He can be a regular and still not seen all the time. It all comes down to the writers and what they want to do, I mean it's their choice to decide what they want to do with the story-lines. Kyle isn't the blame for his espiodes, I mean it's the writers. Plus, he is a new chracther so he has be to introduced, but trust me they will move and eveything will be back to normal. :)

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I have a suggestion. Why don't they do with Kyle like they did with some characters on the Charmed series. Like Daryl (the cop)... they only showed him in the opening credits for the episodes he was in (which wasn't all of the episodes). They could do that with Kyle. He doesnt' have to be in every ep, yet they can show him in the opening credits when he is in an ep, but not when he's not. Did that make sense? :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.