Bones *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by allmaple, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2008
  2. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Please don't quote pictures without changing them into links. And lets stay on topic, shall we? ;)

3. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

What I'm wondering is how are they going to bring Zack back? The only way I can think of is that they'll go visit him in the mental institution. I think it would be pretty cheesy to either have him suddenly be innocent, or have something where he just doesn't go to jail or the institution. He killed a man, and no matter how much I love the character, there has to be consequences for that.

Actually, if you rewatch the very end of "The Knight in the Grid," you can very clearly see Zack about to kill the lobbyist. When I saw the episode after having seen the finale, I was like "how did we all miss that?" Because it's pretty clear that it's him jumping out of the closet. Oh well, I wish it wasn't Zack too.

EDIT: I just found a screecap of it. When you watch it, you're like, "Ya that's definetly Zack."

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k236/SugarPlumb06/1Zack.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2008
  4. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

^Hmmm.. doesn't look like Zack to me. I mean I always thought the same guy Booth was chasing in 'The Knight In The Grid' was the same guy who killed the lobbyist. And IMO even though Zack was Gormagon's apprentice, he wouldn't have the "street smarts" to use a little kid as a human shield when Booth cornered him.

I was under the impression that Gormagon recruited Zack much later on. Maybe I'm wrong. Cos if Zack was the apprentice then, why would he point out to Booth and Brennan that Gormagon was monitoring them in the vault using the hidden camera thing?

5. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

MaddyAnn, the maximum size for posting images is 400 x 400 pixels. The image you posted was too big so I changed it into a link. Please remember that in the future. Thanks. :)

6. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Ooh, I'm so glad someone else questions Zack's confession. I've been puzzling over this one ever since the finale. There's just something too simple about the whole "Zack is the one and the Jeffersonian's part in this is over now" scenario. He is far too much an innocent, with his conscience having been evident in several epis, to suddenly become a killer. His fascination with G, I get, but not stepping over into the pure evil of killing for the sake of killing. My thought is, given Zack's intellect, this hypothetical evildoer, also absolutely brilliant (winning Zack's trust because Zack has so few intellectual equals), is a sociopath (part of that is lacking the ability to empathize with others, a requirement, I think, for a truly evil killer). He then, for some heretofore undisclosed reason (which will, of course,somehow, make sense later), makes Zack believe confessing to the evildoer's crimes is, somehow, the noble thing to do. Obviously, I haven't worked this whole thing out, but killing, IMO, just isn't in Zack's nature. Okay, back to the drawing board to ponder this in more depth.

7. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

This is "Bones" creator Hart Hanson explanation about Zack's betrayal at the Comic Con:

8. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Hmm, but why did Zach have to be the apprentice anyway? Even if it was more drawn out, there's still just no way I would have believed it...

9. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I may have been one of the few people who thought it made sense. I hated it, but I got it. Zack is super logical. He doesn't do anything based on what he feels is right. He does something based on whether it seems logical. Obviously with the super-evil Gormogon guy whispering in his ear, he was convinced that killing the lobbyist was logical. Not to mention that Hogdins had been telling him about secret societies for a long time.

I still hope they'll find a way to redeem him. But I'm pretty convinced he did it. Oh and I think the guy Booth was chasing in "The Knight in the Grid" was Gormogon, not Zack.

10. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I understand your thinking MaddyAnn, but I still haven’t figured out where Zack sees the line between “right” and “logical.” Too many times in the past, Zack has said something based on logic, then looked at those around him, questioning if it was “okay” to say it. That indicates pure logic is only part of his driving force. I don't see him as early Data from "Star Trek: The Next Generation"; that would be pure logic. If what you believe turns out to be the storyline, then I think the whole point will be that those with whom he worked failed him. When there’s, effectively, a child working with you, those in the office need to look at him/her a little differently than those closer in age and experience. IMO, supervisors, especially, need to be sensitive to that kind of co-worker’s maturity level and perceptions of events, whereas older co-workers are expected to understand and behave in a certain manner. Zack was hired for his brain; I think no one thought about his maturity level. And I think whoever his mentors/teachers were when he was a child never concentrated on helping him become an adult. I think Zack’s Jeffersonian co-workers looked at and treated him as an equal, not realizing he really wasn’t, maturity-wise. That left him vulnerable to an evil, manipulative individual. If the story is what you think, then I’ll bet we’re looking forward to a whole season of soul-searching and angst (are they the same thing?) on the part of Booth and the Jeffersonian's employees. Well, maybe not so much Booth, at least outwardly. In re-reading my post, I think I'm getting way too far into his psychology, I mean he's a fictional character. But, I guess, if it generates discussion, the writers have at least succeeded in keeping things going over the summer hiatus.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  11. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I know. I so totally didn't believe any of that. That's so OOC for Zack that it's not even funny. There was no way I could stretch that to be believable. Like you said, his intellect, his ethics, etc, imo make it impossible for him to go there.

Okay, then why did Hanson say in an interview shortly thereafter that he'd made the decision to have Zack be the Apprentice just to shake things up and keep fans guessing? Sounds like he was pulling stuff out from where the sun doesn't shine. As a fan, I found that EXTREMELY insulting. Like we need these sort of twists because we're stupid. Definitely a "Jump the Shark" moment for me, IMO. I've lost all the respect for Hanson, and I don't even know if I'll buy the DVD's for season 3

I haven't posted much in this thread since I joined, because I know a lot of other people don't share the same view, and to harp on it would not be right, IMO. It would be argumentative and stirring stuff up.

I feel rather cheated, because I enjoyed the show so much, and I feel that Hart Hanson destroyed that.

I'd posted my thoughts in depth and links to the Hanson interview with TVguide.com further up in the thread right after the season finale, so if anyone is curious, that's where they are.

12. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I can understand your feelings, Shytownmofo. But seeing as Hanson has promised that Zack will be back, I'm not going to call it a bad move yet. We don't know what he'll do with the storyline.

Though also, for me, it wasn't heartbreaking. I loved Zack, and still do, but I'm not going to stop watching the show. The reason I started watching, and the reason I still watch, is because I love the chemistry between Brennan and Booth. Now kill one of them off and I'm definetly out the door. I guess, as disappointing as Zack's fate was, it wasn't a huge blow to my love of the show.

13. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Couldn't have said it better MaddyAnn. The main draw of the show IMO is still B&B.

Although I feel a great loss with Zack shoved out the door. Maybe if they had written it in another fashion rather than making him Gormagon's apprentice, but some other reason for leaving.... or maybe they wanted to play out the effects being in Iraq had on him but didn't have the time to due to the strike.

Shytownmofo IMO, this board is all about sharing our opinions, even if not many people share the same sentiment.

Anyone know if season 3 DVDs are out yet?

14. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Shytownmofo, second Hrockz sentiments about sharing opinions. We may love our Bones cast, but we're not overly obsessed here, like in some other threads, so don't be concerned. And it would be so boring if we all agreed on everything. Gehenna, I'd stop visiting then! (Gehenna - origin of the word hell; learned from Kathy Reichs' book Cross Bones; see, she's good for more than just romance and anthropology :lol:)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  15. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Hrockz, there hasn't been any news about the DVDs yet which totally bums me out :(

There also was talks that there was going to be a soundtrack being released...has anyone else heard about it? If it is true, I am hoping to hear Emily Deschanel's cover Girls Just Wanna Have Fun on it :D I will look more into it.

As for Zach, I will say it once more, I love the guy and will miss him dearly but it will not stop me from watching the show. Hart Hanson might of been a little stunned with the immediate fan response and didn't quite know how to handle it. He could of done the story a lot better I know but with the little he had he did it really well in my opinion. Zach was going to leave at some point, and while, yes, they could do a better way, I was fine with the way he left. There done with my opinioin!

Almost to the next thread! So excited!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.