House#2: 'More Addictive Then Vicodin!'

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lexxy_willows

lexxy_willows Police Officer

Ehh. I don't want to explore Cameron and Chase's relationship, or what's left of it. That's the one thing that turns me off about House is when they focus on Cameron & Chase. I thought they would have broken up after the whole "did you sleep with House?" thing.

All the other spoilers sound cool though. :thumbsup:

I hope Season 5 is better than Season 4. ;)

2. Della

Della Police Officer

*sigh* I just hate it when good solid Dramas go the way of pure Soap. House/Cuddy Chase/Cameron Ugh! I mean don't get me wrong, all programs need interation of some sort, and friendships and comaradery(sp?) and so on, but concentrating on relationships is just too much.

And what's all this, House trying to be a better person? Oh for the love of God. For me, the best thing about House was his snark and his seemingly unrestrained derogatory quips. Now they're going to go with a nicer House? Oh boy, I can see myself switching this off.

Still I don't know why I'm so surprised because the sudden descension into SOAP seems to always happen after a certain amount of seasons. Looks like House might have reached that point. I hope not, but the more spoilers I read the more it seems that way.

And of all relationships they could have explored, they've decided ot go with Chase and Cameron. I can't stand that relationship, simply because I can't stand Cameron. What a waste of an episode.

*sigh* Oh well...

:)

3. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

Well, it's about time someone argued the other way...

Considering that we got more coupley interaction between Cameron and Chase BEFORE they actually became a couple, I think it's a fabulous idea. And not just because I'm a Chameron shipper. Katie Jacobs finally admitted in that article that they made mistakes last season by not utilizing the talent they have, and by that we all know she meant Jen and Jesse, who were hardly blimps on the radar in season four. I think that's an important step in restoring House to its past glory. Each and every character has always been important and always had a role to play. If you ignore one of those characters, it's like something's missing; the puzzle isn't complete. As it stands, Cameron and Chase are a couple, and so if they're going to use their characters, it means they must at least address the relationship. Ask any casual viewer you know what they think of Cameron and Chase together. I guarantee they'll say, "What?! Cameron and Chase are a couple? When did that happen?" It's only the diehards like us that know about it, because it was ignored last season.

If the situation were reversed and it were House and Cameron, for instance, who suddenly became a couple, yeah, I'd wanna see some screen time devoted to explaining how it happened and what it's all about. I might not like it 'cause I'm not a shipper, but it's part of the show and part of their characters. You just have to deal.

Btw, what's this about House being nice next season? I missed that.

4. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Anyone know where I can find some good caps from House? I want some Chase ones and can't seem to find any!

5. Della

Della Police Officer

But in all honesty, LibertyBell, we know how their relationship came about. Cameron wanted to get it on with House, he pegged her to a tee by saying that she only wants to get with him so that she can "Fix Him" and so with nothing else on offer, she then offers Chase a 'no strings attached' sex-party on a certain day of the week. Then she calls it off the moment Chase wants a bit more with her, and then goes back to him when again she found herself at a loose end. (Well that's what I viewed what was shown on-screen :p :D)

I just don't think there is anything else to explore. *shrug* But even so, it's Soap, pure and simple. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind relationships being explored and/or explained as a 'b' storyline and over time, but for it to dominate an episode, well, no matter who it was or is, it just gets on my tits. :D

House is about a doctor who is a genius when it comes to diagnostics, but along the way he displays an enormous amount of snark, sarcasm, rudeness, crudeness and so forth. That's what it should be about.

It's not about showing/explaining relationships where that is the exclusion to everything else. I mean, even in the finale episodes Wilson and Amber's relationship only added to the intensity and the anxiety when it came to House desperately trying to diagnose and treat the problem with Amber. Thier relationship didn't dominate the episodes at all. They were mainly shown from House's POV and hsi desperation, and that's how it should be.

I'm afraid for me, given the reasons why I watch Hosue, concentrating an entire episode on a relationship is still a complete and utter waste of airtime for me, (doubly so because it's Chase and Cameron), and in my opinion, if the majority of the audience want to see mroe of the sdame with any or all of the other characters, it also spells more of the same for the future. Thus House going the way of so many other quality programs. *sigh*

... Anyhoo, just an opinion of course... :)

:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2008
  6. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Got this from TVGuide today:

At House's TCA session, all I saw was Hugh Laurie, Robert Sean Leonard, Omar Epps and the "new team." Does that mean that Jennifer Morrison and Jesse Spencer are no longer part of the show? — Kerry
    Mickey: Very observant, Kerry, but I'm told their absence is not significant. Both Morrison and Spencer remain series regulars. In fact, an upcoming ep promises to shed new light on the couple.

7. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

An interesting interview with "House" creator David Shore here. ;)

8. csi_kristen

csi_kristen Hit and Run

That finale was so depressing, I swear I cried for like, 20 minutes. :(
    I'm new over here , by the way. :)

9. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Welcome to the House thread, csi_kristen. :D

That interview was interesting. I had one thought.

Why is House hiring a private investigator? I heard about Weston coming to the show, but I assumed that he met House at the hospital. I didn't think House actually hired him. It sounds sort of like House hired him to break into someone's home. Perhaps it's the home of someone very important?

10. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

I thougt he met him at the hospital as well. Interesting that he hired him. I wonder if House feel uncomfortable breaking into this particular person's house (If that is, in fact, what he hires Weston to do), or having someone from his team break into it instead. I don't see this happening, but maybe it's Wilson's place. I mean, from what I've heard things between the two are a bit tense since Amber died. Either way I am quite interested to see House hiring someone to do the dirty work that he normally has his team do. The whole storyline should be fun.

11. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Re-watched the season finale and cannot wait to see the premiere. The promos looked promising. Wilson and House trying to deal with the events of last season.

12. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

I've just caught up with all these Epi's on Showcase over the summer. And I can seriously say I'm loving them. So it looks like I'll be watching both New/Old. I need to catch up. Right now Showcase is up to the story with the young boy who had autism, and House informed his parents he had worms from playing in his sandbox, and eating the sand.

I love House's brutal sarcasm, and his eyes...well lets just say I have a thing for eyes.:)

I'm looking forward to tuesday, and the new Epi's too.

13. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

the premiere is on tuessday?

14. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I just finished re-watching the last two episodes of season 4 and I am definitely looking forward to the fifth season premiere. I can't wait until Tuesday the 16th! At least, we'll be getting the normal amount of episodes.

I'm intrigued by how everything will unfold in the fifth season especially with regard to the House/Wilson friendship. I'm also looking forward to more House/Cuddy interaction.

15. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I can't wait for the new season to start! I love House. I could do without the new team except for Kutner, I like him, great character and same humor as House himself. I miss Chase the most!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.