The Fort for Nick/Greg slash fans #20

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Haha, yeh, i like the "my friend told me i was studying" thing. I wonder what Nicky would have been like at college if he knew Greg then? Would they have got together? That thought just came into my head then thinking about nick as a jock. I wonder if he'd have tried to be over-straight, like it appears he does on a couple of occasions in CSI. If he was younger, would it have happened more?

Also, was Nick at the lab before Greg? I guess so. I wonder how much before? I wonder what he thought when Greg started working there. I'm going a little au aren't i!

2. Greggo_Obsessed

Greggo_Obsessed Hit and Run

Alright, haven't been on in a while so I should post. About the foot thing...in no way what so ever did Greg have to see her naked in order to see her feet. Maybe they were chilling at her apartment and she was barefoot, who knows?

Yeah trying to convince people about the Love is tiresome. It's so obvious to the shippers and many others I might add, but other people just don't seem to notice and tend to ignore the conversation. And we are biased. We turn every little thing they do into subtext, whether it's rational friend behaviour or not. There are some things that some people do agree with because it's so unnatural. Who calls their friend, Doll?

3. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

I dunno if anyone's ever thought of it like this or said something about it here, but, regarding the foot/toes thing, maybe it was a way that Greg thought he could impress Nick. And Nick may have been already struggling with anything he may have felt, and was thinking "hey, he's got this girl he's interested in, I should back off." I don't know. And maybe the girl was just a friend, or maybe it was kind of like early-season Ross & Rachel from Friends, you know? Where Ross kept talking about children and they'd only been dating like, six weeks or something like that? Kind of like Nicky Sanders said. (welcome! :D) I don't know.

And there's nothing from the episode that gives me that impression, so I guess it's just another take on it.

Nick :D
    No, I was going to say, I don't think I've ever heard of a straight guy calling his friend doll, unless he's drunk or already convinced the guy is gay. And I agree, Greggo_Obsessed, we really are biased. :S Which I think makes it a lot harder to make others believe in it, because they might think, 'Oh, those shippers saw one little thing and now everything those two do is full of subtext.'

Haha. :D I think that if this had happened, Nick wouldn't have said that to Sara, unless she already knew his 'secret'. He's trying to keep up appearances, remember? *although, if he did know anything, I imagine it would have been from roommates or from very small doses of personal experience. Unless he was trying to prove his heterosexuality to himself or others in college. *which, if he was, he should really just give it up. :S It's been quite a long time*

And, seriously, if they really wanted Nick to appear straight, maybe they should, I don't know, make him just stand there. Like a mannequin. Because I honestly don't think that there is ever going to be a day where one of us "comes to their senses" and thinks "Oh, what in the world was I thinking? Nicky is straight!" and honestly believe it. I dunno. And I suppose that if someone were to do that, tis their decision! I'd just be really confused.

And to add in Warrick as an example, I never thought Warrick was gay. *shrugs* I don't know if that's because they didn't try to make him straight and he just was, or what. It's not just because I want to see it, it's because I do see it. If that makes any sense.

4. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Exactly who does call their friend "Doll".

Nick Stokes does to his boy- doll friend. Seriously its just something a man would say to his girlfriend, not to another man unless its a romantic sugestion. See im also fed up in saying all these things to non love people... Now I just shut up and dont mention it, cause I see what I see and they see what ever they want to believe- but still that dont make it right.

5. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

See, none of my friends even watch CSI, never mind know who Nick or Greg even are, sigh. The only person who watches is my mum, and occasionally my brother, and I don't think they'd appreciate finding out who I ship... So I guess I don't really have to try and explain to non-love shippers very often.

I also agree that no guy would call a male friend doll. Maybe a female friend (maybe), a girlfriend, but, as you say, not a normal friend. Another jolly good reason (I don't know where jolly good came from :D) that shows that they are together/ have feelings, depending on how early we talk about.

And yeh, no-one is convincing me Nicky is straight, it's just not going to happen.

6. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I'm not talking with people that much about Love, even in boards (only mentions and when somebody will ask). But... Doll is my very obvious moment. And blush. What guy will react like that? And other funny thing - when I said about "doll" scene nobody really noticed that. Just someone said that Nick likes redheads (lol, that said Nigel Crane, I won't believe that guy). I don't try to persuade about Love. It's just impossible 'cause after some time I'll start talk with so much passion that my listener would think that I'm crazy about two characters from TV.

7. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

Ah, the "thanks doll" comment. Not once have I ever heard a guy say that to one of his guy friends. Not even my best guy friends do that. I also can't even believe it wasn't scripted. That just absolutely shows that the actors know about Nick and Greg wanting each other. Albeit, I am extremely biased and won't take any other answer, but meh. xD
    And Nicky being straight? HA. Err, sorry. Nick's about as straight as the double helix on my favorite roller coaster. It's so obvious he isn't. Well, now that I think about it ... it wasn't obvious to me at first.
    When I first started watching CSI (like five months ago, lol) I thought Nick was straight, and well ... I didn't really know what to think of Greg, but when I came on to TalkCSI and checked out The Fort, it all clicked in to place. I re-read the seventeenth fort and I knew that it was all 100% true.
    Nick's loved Greg for a long time, and Greg reciprocates.
    I have some questions I forgot to ask a while ago, too.
    1) When exactly did the split happen with the team? Like which episode.
    2) I've heard that 'The Love' is the second largest fandom on ff.net(right behind 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'), is this true?
    I had this one nagging question I've wanted answered for an extremely long time, but I just can't remember what it was anymore. Ah well.

8. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Ahh good question, I'm not to sure what episode the team split up, but Eckile was unhappy at the way Grissom ran his team. Ecklie brought Sophia into sort out the team... Didnt work... It was season five.

Yes The love is the biggest slasher on the net. There was mention of Nick and Greg on a website... After Elton.

In essence the article, mentioned other charcters on tv, like Spike and Angel from Buffy and Spock and the Captian from Star Trek.

That basically the site said that on the tv shows they're friends but online theyre lovers... That included Nick and Greg from CSI.

See (to make it passable as good posting) I didnt realise that Nick was gay- not until I watched an episode and the friction, the tension between them two men made me watch it again and again. Dont worry I've been a fan since Season 7 was aired in the Uk... So thats 2 years nearly.

With Greg like I said he's so ambigious that nothing about that man surpises me really. Althought that he is open about his relationships... I read that somewhere, and that really does ring true.

9. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

The team was split up in season 5, the ep was Mea Culpa.

Welcome all the new people to the Fort, please don't forget that every post must contain at least three lines of posting about Nick and Greg. Also to remind you of the PG-13 rating. Have fun.

Doll - I agree, not something a straight man would call his male friend.

'The Love' is one of the largest ships out there slash or otherwise, it has even been mentioned in the press! So I am convinced that both Eric and George know about it.

10. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

The split happened in season 5 Mea Culpa. At the end Ecklie decided to put Catherine in charge of swing with Nick and Warrick under her. Grissom remained in charge of grave with Sara and Greg once he passed his proficincy (sp?). At the start of the next ep they were 2 shifts.

Susan

11. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ Its true I googled the the boys the other day can't imagine the stuff that appeared. Even on Texan Charm a site devoted completely to Nicky, has icons an comics about the LOVE. Well just from the devoted following alone we have on this website, we can see that. The devotion level makes the writer nervous hence the over expression of Nicky's manliness. Since hes suppose to be the straight laced man from Texas. Where as Greggo they make into the wild child from California, like candygirl1uk said nothing he does surprises me anymore. And it was never suppose to from the beginning. Where as with Nicky it would be too much for some fans to handle if he hooked up with Greggo on the show. Hence the reason most of the LOVE fans have settled for the delicious subtext of their interactions.

As for the Nicky being gay thing I always suspected something was differnt about him from the beginning. Like suckerforasmile said they try to hard to prove he is not on the show it give it away. Where as with Warrick his sexuality is never pushed on you like Nicky's is and he is straight and thats how fans see him. Where as we question Nicky's cause of his mannerisms and interactions that give it away. Sorry rambled there for a bit.

Nicky screams like a girl I noticed today. I was watching The Strip Strangler and when he finds the reporter in the closet. The way he screams makes me giggle and think about how he need to get out of the closet.

Welcome to the FORT Nicky Sanders.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  12. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Oh, yes, the scream in The Strip Strangler was priceless. Just like a girls and it made me laugh hard :guffaw: Plus the way he screms "Get out of the closet" - :guffaw: when all he probably wants is to get out of the closet himself! Maybe it was a little insider of the writers??

The Doll-thing, hm, I know some straight guys who'd say it to another but only in a joking way or to a gay guy. But with Nicky and Greg it's different! It's like Nicky let it slip and Greg doesn't even care, like he's used to it. Plus it's accompanied with that awesome chest and shoulder pat! Yes, both chest and shoulder get Nicky's attention! :devil:

[​IMG]
    and then
    [​IMG]

13. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I love this moment! He looked so cute and this fear in his eyes and a little bit (right:lol:) hysterical voice when he said "Get out of the closet." I had the same thought like you love fan after seeing this scene. But I more thinking that was "accidental." Cause well, she really was in closet:lol:

Love fan, I love this caps and also how Nick was looking at Greg before the tap. And of course Greg likes when his hot Texan is touching him:devil:

14. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

That reminds me of South Park! :guffaw:

"Dad! Tom Cruise won't come out of the closet!"

I would DIE if that ever happened. Nick got locked into a closet and someone was yelling that he couldn't get Nick out of the closet. Or even better, Nick AND Greg!!! :lol:

I came into CSI about season 6, and RIGHT away I fell for Greg. I immediately tried to find a guy to pair him with. I then found NickandGreg.com and I wondered why I didn't notice! Granted, I had only seen some season 1 and 5 episodes, and those aren't really great The Love seasons.

I'm glad I found it though! They are everything a slash pair vies to be! :D

15. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

*falls down laughing* :lol: I love that whole Tom Cruise thing. Oh yes.

"Sara....Sara, Nick won't come out of the closet!" (Greg stands in front of the supply closet with his arms folded, tapping his foot)

lol. Oh god....Love Fan, I love those caps. How many times does he have to touch Greg like that before he gets the message?? Well maybe he does, but he looks so turned on/embarrassed it's freaking adorable :D

I'm with Bubbles, nothing they can do will convince me Nicky is straight. Nothing. It is funny how they have made so many efforts to 'straighten him out' whereas nothing with Warrick...I guess Warrick doesn't have much of a slash following. I know it's out there, but he's not part of a slash ship as *frankly massive* as ours :D They really shoudn't bother.

I've just rewatched the 'I am an ass man' moment...makes me giggle every time. That you are, Nicky...

Nat x

PS - MLC, I may be in love with your new icon. It's beautiful....*drools*

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.