The Fort for Nick/Greg slash fans #20

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

LOL well maybe Greg was thinking that he might want to wear the colour himself? Who knows... OR maybe both Nick and Greg have some kind of foot fetish going on? I have pondered that possiblility. Or its just a case of TPTB hetroing Nick.

2. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

MsCatherineBrown, maybe Nicky wanted her flipflops ;) and we didn't hear that part of the conversation. OK I know, that's silly. Maybe Nick and Greg do have a foot fetish going on. Or as you say, it's probably just TPTB that are trying to heterofy Nick to the point that we'll give up (which would never happen)

sara's_girl, Nick does say some strange things, I'd like to think it's because he's so flustered being by Greggo. Especially in the earlier seasons, like the toe-time, Nick doesn't know Greg's sexuality, and he's confused about how he feels about the Greggo, and feels he has to talk women to stop being figured out, or something?

3. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I think that foot fetish is very possible. But anyway, yeah, question about feet is a little bit weird. But well, maybe Nick was making some kind of research, lol. Oh, bubbles, I love idea that Nick wanted her flip flops or other shoes which she had;) And back to research - maybe bubbles you're right about this strange Nicky's conversations? (in my books you're in 100% right:D).

And I'm saying that just in case, no one will deceive us about our boys. They can try, but how we know, it's impossible to take us in. But how said candygirl earlier:

It's not good and very hard to see good future for Love. I think that they'll make another try to make Nick or Greg straight. We know how it'll end it... Sorry for this pessimistic thought but no matter what will happen, Love is stronger. So we'll have some small (or maybe bigger) happy ending.

4. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

I think that if The Love has survived eight seasons (well, seven and a half, really), then it can definitely keep on thriving till the end of the series. Who knows! Maybe even by the end Nick and Greg will be canon! Ah, but then that raises the point that some people don't think the writers can have two people in a commited relationship and not have it end in tragedy.
    I agree with the whole foot question thing ... I think he was just trying to seem knowledgable. By that point had Nick been with Kristy? 'Cause if so, then I'd say Nick's probably only been with one woman in a sexual relationship. Two at the max, and those were probably during the time when Nick was obviously confused about his feelings and didn't know how to handle them. Greg probably seemed bi, but I don't think Nick was ready to talk to him about it yet.
    So my friend and I were talking to a guy friend of ours about The Love and we were trying to explain why we thought Nick and Greg were together, and we also discussed the times in which they have totally proven to the world that they want each other. We listed off a lot, but it kind of bugged me that we couldn't argue the point in a clear fashion. I am 100% biased towards The Love, and when someone suggests a platonic reason why Nick touched Greg, for instance, I just ignore that and keep to my side of the fence. Does anyone else feel this way? I know it isn't a bad thing, it can just be annoying when trying to talk about The Love and not sounding like a totally annoying fangirl who's way too passionate about two characters on tv. Sorry if this makes absolutely no sense, lol.

5. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

My Last Chance - Yes. Yes, indeed. I feel like that all the time. *creeps over to hide in your fangirl corner* If someone tries to explain it away like that I get rather unimpressed and won't listen. I have tried to explain things to people too many times...then I get the blank stare or perhaps the patented 'oooookaaaay' response of the non-shipper *sigh* I have however, converted a couple using the secret weapon of fanfiction! My co-worker, previously blind-to-the-Love, is now anxiously awaiting s9 for signs of N/G subtext *does victory dance* but in short, yep, I care waaaay too much.

Bubbles, yep, he gets flustered (which I love) and then has to say things to make himself sound all experienced-like. In a yes, I know so much about women that I'm going to make some comment about feet, how'd you like that? Kind of way. Foot fetishes squick me badly, I'm afraid, I just hate feet, so I won't be thinking too far down that road.

I was just thinking...what epi is that scene where Nick is talking with Sara about group sex, and he's alluding to having multiple partners (girls) in college? Is it just me or is there something not convincing about him in that scene? I always watch it thinking 'hmmm, yeah right Nicky. You big, gay, liar' :D

Nat xx

6. Nicky Sanders

Nicky Sanders Civilian

Hello!
    Before I start, I would like to say hi. I am a long time lurker who unil now has not bothered getting an account.

Now, about the whole foot thing, maybe Greg was thinking mother of our children to Nick, who was then concerned that their child had to be perfect, right up to having perfect toes...

I don't know, may be a bit farfetched...

7. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

You recalled my meeting with my friend in tea-shop. After few minutes we started to talk about TV. Of course I was talking about CSI and Love. I was talking, talking, talking... After few minutes I asked my friend "Do I bore you?" (she doesn't watch CSI). She looked at me surprised "What? Never." More than 20 minutes (lol) she was listening me very carefully. Probably she won't start watching CSI 'cause she's not a fan of criminal stuff. But she really enjoyed my subject and ship. I described few scenes and for her they were obvious. I was really happy. I don't need to add that I was talking with so much passion and tea-shop was really small:lol:
    Once I mentioned that I'm Love shipper in other board where shipping is not very popular. The only thing which I heard about it was - it's your imagination. Love, my imagination? I wasn't angry 'cause not everyone can catch homosexual signals (but between Nick and Greg are sometimes so clear).

Sara's Girl - Nick really talked with Sara about group sex? I don't remember that. LOL, I think that Nick didn't say all... maybe he mentioned girls, but...:devil: (you know what I'm thinking).

Hello Nicky Sanders:) Enjoy your stay here.

8. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

A part of me likes how CSI isn't really personal with the characters and a part of me hates it.

I like it because it leaves Nick and Greg as vague characters and it doesn't give them any type of personal life. So if we want to say that they're together or that they crush on each other, then no one can dispute it.

However, I wish they would give Nick and Greg more of a background. If we learned that Nick tried really, really hard to be a good son and maybe worked hard to be "manly," then that would scream that he was gay to me. With Greg, they could get into how not only was he a bit dorky, but the kids picked on him because they thought he was gay, too. Only stereotypical scenerios really, but they happen everyday.

Whatever happens, the love is real because we all believe in it. :)

Hello Nicky Sanders!!!!!!

9. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Welcome Nicky Sanders! You won't regret joining our group of Love fans! :thumbsup:

About the toe thing. It never once crossed my mind that Greg might have seen that girl naked until it was mentioned here. What a horrible thought. She probably wore sandals. But it's not the first time I heard a remark about toes. Not from our boys but still. I don't get it! :wtf:
    Anyway, great idea Nicky Sanders. Nick already thinking about their (of course perfect) offspring.

Which episode is the "group sex" comment? I remember it vaguely, was it S1 Pledging Mr Johnson in which they wore matching shirts? But of course every time Nick makes a comment about his sexual experiences with women it just doesn't feel right. Warrick, yes, but there's something about Nicky ... :lol: what was it? Ah, yes, he's gay!

I agree with you twins on the one hand the fact that we don't know much about their private lives allows us to fill out the blanks on the other hand it's quite annoying sometimes. But I guess the latter is better, just look at Miami or NY, there's too much of their private lives for my taste and it easily "ruins" ships (Danny/Flack, Eric/Ryan).

Sara's Girl, of course we are partial to our ship and of course we see things differently! But I like it in our little fangirl corner. It's so much fun here!!

Long live the Love!

10. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

:guffaw: I love this text!

I agree about other slashes in CSI shows. Not much privet life is good for ships. It can be sometimes annoying, but when I think about other situations like in NY and Miami I just forget it. Of course mentioning things like in NY would be nice - basketball match etc. Nothing big (but I'm not Danny/Flack shipper). But I really like our big space for imagination:D

11. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Oh yes. Yes he did. I found it, 'cause it was driving me mad. It's from season 2, Cross-Jurisdictions (I shoulda remembered, I love that epi, cross-over with Miami! Go, Horatio, Go! Sorry...I think he's cool. :eek: lol):

SARA: Hey, Nick ... ?

NICK: Mm-hmm?

SARA: You ever been to a swingers' party?

NICK: Well, if it's the same thing as a frat party yeah, lots of them. You know, you get enough booze going things can get pretty wild.

SARA: Frat party, huh? I wouldn't know anything about that. How wild?

NICK: Multiple-partner wild. And it'd be no big deal to have two, maybe three girls at once, just ...(machine beeps with results and interrupts)

So there you have it. I don't believe a word of it. When you watch it, he looks....un-Nick. He looks like he's trying to impress/deceive...oh, Nicky, Nicky. We know the truth. :p

I also like that there's not too much information about their backgrounds...it gives us the chance to use our imaginations, especially in fanfic. I love that when I write them I can make decisions about what they do and like in their free time, 'cause it's left open. I love writing them outside of work...someone stop me 'cause I'm getting all fluffy-domestic and it's not like me at all :wtf:

Welcome Nicky Sanders - great place, this! :thumbsup:

Nat x

PS - agreed, Love Fan! Anyone else want to join us in fangirl corner? I make *great* coffee :D

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  12. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

And he never actually said he had sex with multiple girls at the same time, he said he'd been to a party where it'd happened ;) But it did sound un-Nick like. You know, the same as the toe comment, and others, it's as though he's forcing it.

*puts hand up* can I join the fangirl corner? :D And I LOVE coffee :D lol

About their backgrounds, i guess it's good in a way because all ships (mainly) can still be justified by their shippers. Imagine what TPTB would do with our boys if they gave them more of a personal life shown on CSI. But I guess if they showed their personal lives as they should be, then I guess it'd be ok because it'd give us more evidence to support our case to non-love fans. :D

13. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ That is so true! We make The Love real because we believe in it. If there was no one who thought it was true, those moments we love to talk about would mean nothing.
    We're the ones who make a big deal about it, and we're the ones who talk about it. We've made it this huge fandom. And in my eyes, it'll always be real.

^-^ Interesting, very interesting. I think I'll watch that episode today just to see how Nicky acts. Nick loves to do that to us (and Greg). He just loooves to pretend he's a "ladies' man". How many times can I roll my eyes at that persona? Pleaaase. Sure, Nicky's a gentleman, but he is definitely not much of a ladies' man! Remember that one episode where this happened:
    Who Are You season 1
    (Grissom and Nick found a skeleton in a basement, or something. They are trying to decide if it is male or female, and Nick couldn't tell it was female)
    Grissom: Based on the auricular surface I'd say she died when she was about twenty.
    Nick: She?
    Grissom: It's in the hips. Pelvic bone is definitely female. You know, for a ladies' man you don't know much about bone structure.
    Nick: I know enough (sorry, I don't know Nick's line exactly).
    *cough* Sure you do, Nick. >.<
    Added:
    Welcome Nicky Sanders! Hope you enjoy hangin' round The Fort!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  14. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I agree that the love will always be there because we do believe in it. I agree that if no-one saw the moments they would mean nothing. But look at us, we're on Fort #20, so thats so many people thinking and discussing the moments that prove to us that the love is real.

I never believe the Nick and ladies comments. Soo not a ladies man either..

And hey Nicky Sanders, :D you'll have a blast here!

15. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

So much has happened...

Hello to all newbies, just remember three lines of good posting in regards of our men- the boys- the CSIs Nick Stokes and Greg Sanders.

Ahh that old swingers comment, you do all know that in a swingers party it can be both men and women who swop partners. There are bisexual and gay swinger parties as well.

So lol Nick doesn't actuarly say much about women- he should know more, considering that he grew up in a household of women.

LOL about the hips. I expected Grissom to say something else, but you can tell that there was an ackward moment there... Grissom's onto Nicky's case lol

Fangirl? Hmm, me? Nope. To me a fan girl is something of the lowest common denominator- that stalks all the sites declaring that Nick or Greg are straight.

SARA: You ever been to a swingers' party?

NICK: Well, if it's the same thing as a frat party yeah, lots of them. You know, you get enough booze going things can get pretty wild.

SARA: Frat party, huh? I wouldn't know anything about that. How wild?

NICK: Multiple-partner wild. And it'd be no big deal to have two, maybe three girls at once, just ...(machine beeps with results and interrupts)

Ahhh Nicholas Stokes, no its not the same as a frat party, its a sex party lol. Like i said thats what a swinger is- someone who changes partners- so they can then find a partner of either gender or even there own gender.

When the machine beeped- what Nick should've said was the my room mate came back to the dorm, and told me all about it as I practiced for my science exam!

Nick may have been a jock, but he was a geek too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.