Season 7 **Spoiler Lab** - Gimme More, Gimme Gimme More!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

That makes more sense. Of course we're never 100% sure though, tptb like to screw around with things. Heh. :)

*waves to Kat* I've missed you guys! It's good to be back, even if only for a while.

Does anyone know what Ryan's exact role in everything is? I've seen some spoilers posted around but some of them contradict the others... anyone got an idea?

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The last think I read said Ryan and Jake are involved in the staging of Horatio's shooting... so they are helping Horatio.

And I loved "Curse of the Coffin". The scene with Ryan and Eric in the cemetery was funny. Eric teasing Ryan then Eric getting scared of a lizard and Ryan laughing and teasing him. Then Calleigh teasing Ryan later in the cemetery. :lol: When there was that explosion in the lab and Calleigh and Ryan were in the hallway and heard Natalia scream, the look on Calleigh's face was priceless.

3. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Thank you... although if the shooting is real, then how is Ryan helping him stage the shooting?

4. Corpuschristie

Corpuschristie Victim

I kind of got the impression that Ryan was helping him set-up a fake shooting, so that H could go off and do his own thing. However it did look like things didn't go according to plan and H actually took a bullet. I agree with miamirocks, he better be shot for real, otherwise the whole thing is just going to look silly.

If the whole thing is just staged so that H can go after Saris I'm going to be seriously miffed. I mean, why has Saris suddenly become his new nemesis? Oh yeah, he married some woman that Horatio dated years ago and he might be a bad influence on Horatio's newly discovered son.
    No doubt Saris will join his predecessors and be despatched by H to his nemesis Valhalla.

I suppose it's possible that horatio's 'shooting' could be used to bring him back down to Earth, though I doubt it. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, I just wish he would lighten up! :)

5. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I really hope that we get a hospital scene with H., maybe just one. And I think Calleigh and Eric are working together, as usual and Ryan is on his own with Jake with this 'shooting'. HOPEFULLY a real shooting, you know the one with H., who IS supposed to be 'shot'.

6. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Exactly! How can H be shot (doesn't matter if staged or not, unless he had told her before-hand, it was going to be staged) and Yelina not be there?!?! This has got me royally pissed with the show.

Reading that just conjoured up the image of Joey from Friends saying his usual "How ya doin?" line. :lol:

Hopefully it will. There has been some imprivement in H, post-strike but there's still lots more to go.

7. GregNickRyanFan

Well, I think that Horatio cooked up this staging (with Ryan and Jake's help) and that something went wrong. I think the bad guys somehow found out about it (Ron Saris probably has eyes and ears everywhere) and used that as an oppurtunity to actually shoot H. I think that H might have been wearing protective vest under his suit or whatever and that's why he doesn't die, but I think he might actually really get shot.

8. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

I agree with you- if he were staging the entire thing it would look silly. Miami has recently been the most outrageous show out of the three (with H running off to Brazil to be superman, the fact that only rich people with giant, royal-status houses seem to die in Miami, because, God-forbid, a CSI step foot into a poor neighborhood, or even worse, an apartment) If the shooting's at least legitimate, than we can say they haven't gotten that ridiculous yet. Think about it- a police office who thinks he's superman stages his own death to go after some guy who married a woman he slept with. ^ You make a good point of that.

And, nothing against Ryan- but since when has he become Horatio's sidekick? I love Ryan, he's one of my favorites, but Horatio has known Eric and Calleigh for six years, and he chooses the recently re-hired gambling semi-newbie. I feel like this was a poor choice- and while I'd love to see how Jon handles this, and how it affects Ryan's goofy, innocent personality, it doesn't really make sense. Horatio has more trust in Cal or Eric.

Wasn't there a blood pool underneath him, as the camera panned out? I could be wrong (and am going to go watch the youtube video of it right now to see if I am) but if he was bleeding, than how could he be wearing a kevlar? Of course it's possible the kevlar didn't work, which would explain a lot, how he might have set himself up and the kevlar failed against these new bullets Saris is using.

9. GregNickRyanFan

It isn't a poor choice at all IMO. It's a smart choice and makes perfect sense to me. And here's why I say that. People would expect him to choose those he's known longer or is closer to. And if he's faking his death to get this really bad guy (Ron Saris), then H probably thinks "well, he'll go to the ones I'm closest with to find out if its true about my death". That's why he didn't choose Calleigh or Eric to help him because it would be way too obvious to the criminals. And I also think that Horatio sees a lot of his younger self in Ryan. Ryan is sort of (for lack of a better term) Horatio's "apprentice". :lol:

Plus, with Eric you have the head injury. Eric isn't all there right now. He's been making mistakes left and right due to his brain injury. I think that Horatio knows this inspite of Calleigh covering for Eric. I think Horatio knows pretty much everything about his team. :lol: He couldn't risk Eric getting himself hurt worse because his injury caused him to make a mistake.

And Calleigh, well... she's his second in command, so that would just be too obvious. Plus, Ryan has done undercover for H before (trying to find the mole) and of course Jake is a UC, so he'd be able to help Horatio quite a bit. Sometimes to get the job done without the villians figuring it out, you have to go with the least obvious choices for help.

Horatio needs (as bad as it sounds) those who are closer to him to believe he's dead in order to better sell it to the bad guys. Ryan's gambling past is actually possibly helpful here. Ryan's gambling was poker I believe (at least one time it was), so therefore it only stands to reason that Ryan could possibly be good at bluffing (all good poker players are), right? So, Ryan could put on his "poker face" in this situation. He could better act like he thinks Horatio's dead.

About the blood, he could be wearing kevlar lined with fake blood packets or something. But, if he was really shot, I doubt it would have been with those alloy bullets. They said on the show that kevlar won't stop them or something like that. I think the bullet is designed to come apart in many pieces so that it does more damage. A regular bullet usually stays somewhat in tact. But the alloy ones, it sounded to me like it's sort of like getting hit with shrapnel from a bomb. The bullet splinters into many smaller pieces and therefore hits the body in more than one area for maximum damage. That's the way I understood it anyway.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Agree with you 100 %, I see Ryan as a protege. Also Ryan did tell Horatio that he would never forget that he went to bat for him. That coupled with the fact that H has used him before in UC work, it makes perfectly good sense that Ryan is the one H would turn to.
    Despite Ryan's mistakes,H obviously thought Ryan was the right person for the job.

11. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

I see what you're saying, and I agree that Ryan is sort of becoming the younger version of Horatio. I just don't see how he trusts him as much he does- and as much as I would trust him, but, honestly, with the world they're living in- while he could trust someone he's known longer. Of course Jake is obvious, but I still don't understand why he chose Ryan.

What I do agree with you on is the poker face bit- Ryan probably would be better at lying to protect Horatio.

I hope this doesn't get too complicated though. The simpler, the more realistic to me. I don't see how Horatio's going to deal with everything once he comes out and says 'hey, yeah, I'm alive.' He's making everything more complicated for himself, and while I admire how he cares about his son and Julia, it seems like he's going a little far with it all.

12. GregNickRyanFan

Oh, I definitely agree about H taking it too far. But in regards to him choosing Ryan, I think that Horatio thinks Calleigh may be too emotional to be able to pull it off (aside from the choosing her would be too obvious bit) and Eric with his brain injury... he may not feel he'd be able to handle the pressure of keeping such a huge secret. However, if he is faking his death, he'd be smart to get Alexx's help with that. After all, she's a coroner... or was.

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Horatio is pretty good at reading people.He knows (or thinks he does) what Ryan is capable of pulling off.You can know someone longer but that person still might not be right for the job you need done.

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I honestly don't think this had anything to do with who Horatio trusts more, I think it had everything to do with the fact that TPTB wanted to give Ryan a story (it was time) & knew his character could pull off the "could he have killed Horatio" effect!

If Horatio didn't trust Ryan at all, then he wouldn't have bothered trying to get him back on the team. I think the only reason he didn't let the others know about the staging was because it was sticky & he couldn't allow everyone to know what was really going on without blowing the whole thing!

I don't know what Jake's position is in all this, but he is UC so that may have something to do with why he's able to help Horatio pull this off. That being said, Horatio wouldn't leave this matter up to just anyone, he must certainly have some faith in these boys to do the job & do it right.

Besides, if this whole thing was Horatio purposelytaking the bullet & leaving it to look like a murder, then I can only imagine that if Calleigh or Eric knew of this plan, they would be against it in some way.
    They're very close to him; surely they would understand, but at the same time, they wouldn't have wanted him to do it, & emotionally wouldn't have been able to handle staging Horatio's death.

15. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Mjszud you've got a point there. Cal and Eric would definately be against his plan. You guys are here busting your brains and driving yourselves crazy over this premiere. Take a chill pill, it'll come. Surprizingly I'm cool with this waiting, hm, don't know why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.