Season 7 **Spoiler Lab** - Gimme More, Gimme Gimme More!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

I agree about the UC work-therefore wouldn't it be great if the writers included that aspect when mentioning HOW Horatio was personality wise during his Julia time 17 years ago. Like maybe he was acting too tough and didn't reveal enough of a tender side to her so she couldn't tell him about Kyle. Or just that Horatio now understands UC work so well since that's what he did 17 years ago and maybe that's why Jake is involved in season 7's first epi's if it deals with going ballistic's ending of a fake death/staged shooting or not. Horatio can relate and know what's at stake and what he has to do to end the threat of alloy bullets out on the streets of Miam...

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think they said on the show that the reason Julia couldn't tell H about Kyle was she couldn't find him. He used the name of John something when with her, so she didn't know his real name. Once his UC job was done, he went on to another assignment and she didn't know where he was. That's the way I understood it.

3. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

GregNickRyanFan you're right on that. In 'Dangerous Son', H explains that since he had used his cover name, John Walden, and that was the only name Julia knew him by, there was no way she could have found him once his UC job was over.

Although, it would have been interesting if tptb wrote it such that right at the beginning in season 1, H already has a son from his undercover years.

4. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Hey you CSI: Miami people, heh, um, I'm kinda shy, I'm new... Oh, who am I kiddin' I've been reading for months now. Have you guys seen the new season 6 DVD cover, I think it's sexy! Google it!

5. GregNickRyanFan

I can't find it on amazon. Is ryan in the front cover pic?

6. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

7. GregNickRyanFan

CSI: LV did that too... only put Grissom on the cover. They are ensemble shows. They are not The Horatio Show or The Grissom Show! The whole cast or at least the two leads (Miami: Horatio and Calleigh, Vegas: Gil and Cath) should be on the cover! Watch... when the 4th season of NY comes out it's only gonna be Mac on the cover I bet. :lol:

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

It might be a good idea to start a thread about the box sets in Merchandise as it's not exactly a spoiler. :)

9. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

10. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Actually the cover art is already out and Mac AND Stella are on the cover! I totally here ya.....the shows are ensamble shows, the whole cast should be on the cover. Miami did it for seasons 1-4 and then season 5 was only H. :rolleyes: And all the Vegas box sets I have have the whole cast on the show. So why change now??

11. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

I agree with you all. CSI:Miami is a team story! It would be fair to have all the cast on the cover, they are a team and they all do a good job for the show...

12. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Hmm...just like last season's DVD cover, only H is on the Season 6 DVD cover - I think that just emphasizes how this show has "evolved" from the team dynamic that made it so popular in the first three or four seasons to what it has become now. I wouldn't necessarily call it the "Horatio show" b/c I think other characters, like Calleigh and Eric, have had their share of storylines too. But there's definitely a lack of "team" on this show right now.

I remember watching "Blood Brothers," when Cal, Speed and Eric were in the car waiting for Clavo Cruz to come out - it was neat to have more than two people in a scene, and it happened all the time. Actually, most of the time the whole team interacted w/each other, and there were usually three or more people in some of the scenes in each ep.

Now, everyone is "split up" - a prime example is that scene in "Down to the Wire" where Cal's lab blows up or whatever. Only Eric comes to see her, but if this were season 2, all or most of the team would've been there. Remember in the Season 2 finale, when acid was poured in Eric's lab and the evidence - a tape - was destroyed? Well, guess what. Horatio was in that scene defending Eric to Stetler, and Calleigh was watching from the lab (I think Speed was there too, but I'm not sure.) Anyway, there were other CSIs there too, along w/Cal, which also made a hell of a lot more sense than Eric just sitting there alone w/the messed up lab.

I won't lie - I really don't like the direction the show is going, and I'm not sure the spoilers are that promising for this coming season. If Horatio is "faking" his death, he'd still better be shot for real, b/c making the whole shooting fake would be kind of rediculous - the man was bleeding. (I hate the thought of "fake" blood - it just seems kind of a lame cop-out.) What this incident should do (just like Eric's shooting should have done) is make the whole team closer. I personally think H was really shot, and maybe he will tell Ryan to play it as a murder - but then what was w/the text to Ryan? Oh well - if someone figures this out or hears more definitive spoilers - please share!

Honestly, this season, I hope things change a bit. I'd rather see the team working together, defending and fighting for each other, then watching more "love triangle" stuff or more of Julia :rolleyes: . I'd rather see how all this stuff is affecting the team as a whole - including the loss of Alexx. Calleigh said to Eric in "Down To The Wire" - "we never talk about it", referring to his brain injury, but you know what? The characters don't talk about anything anymore — not Horatio's compulsion to kill or beat up every suspect in Miami; not Ryan's gambling problems; not the affect Cal's kidnapping had on her; not the affect of Nat's ex-husband being murdered.

What happened to moments like in "Dispo Day," where Cal and H came up to Speed and acknowledged his issue? I'm so sad the team as a whole has grown so far apart - the interactions just don't seem genuine anymore.

Let's face it - H is supposed to be the glue that holds the team together, and he's been terribly absent lately - maybe that will come up w/this whole shooting thing. Maybe H will finally come to his senses and realize how removed and distant he's been - and how the team is suffering for it. (I don't think Eric or Calleigh is OK, and H should've really been there for both of them more than he was.)

13. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

miamirocks, that was an excellent post. Agree with everything you said. And I hope the shooting is intended to be a vehicle for H's transition back to the humane person he used to be. The show has become more about violence than forensic science. And maybe H will realize he's been neglecting Yelina...

14. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I agree with you. In the earlier seasons it was more fun when the team would all work together. I think the only time we've seen that in later seasons was during "Three Way." I know actors have schedules and all, but can't they all be together in one room for longer than a minute?

About the DVD cover: I can't say I'm surprised that it looks like "The Horatio is awesome show" rather than CSI: Miami.... Someone said a while back on here that he's been slowly taking over the cover through the seasons. hahahaha!!!! :guffaw:

Anyway, This season was ALL about H. While I like his character and all, too much is too much. Plus lately there hasn't been too much from the other characters other than Eric's brain thing. Apparently the world revolves around Horatio and no one else has lives.

Yeah, sorry it's a tad negative. And I'm a noob. But I have opinions lol

And smilies. :alienblush:

15. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Hey rahkira — thanks! I guess I'm hoping the shooting will have more of a lasting impact on H and the team, maybe knock some sense into our "superman," you know? And I'm actually VERY surprised that Yelina hasn't been mentioned in the spoilers - that makes no sense! How can Horatio get shot and Yelina not be there? :wtf: At the very least, she's his sister-in-law, and I'd think it would affect her a lot, especially since she just lost Ray a couple of years ago. What are TPTB thinking? I guess it's just another example of them setting up and then dropping plotlines. :rolleyes:

Hey Hollyyo - You made my point exactly - the show was way more fun to watch back in the day -the banter and interaction was classic, just great chemistry and camaraderie between the entire cast. I think when Speed died, that kind of went out the window. It's been awhile, though, and I wish we had more moments like the end of "Curse of the Coffin." I also think that Donn Cortez, who's written a lot of CSI:Miami novels, understands that playful aspect of the show and writes it well. So if nothing else, we have the paperbacks ;) And I understand about the whole "being negative" thing - I sometimes have to stop myself from getting too negative, so don't worry about it. Also, that is funny about the DVD covers - he really has been slowly "taking them over" over the years - :lol:

I think another part of this is that the victims and cases themselves have gotten too "glitsy" and not very "real." For me, I connected w/Horatio and the other CSIs b/c of their reaction to the crime scene, the victim and the victim's family. I miss Horatio comforting the parents of the victim, etc. Maybe that episode about Eric's shrink will be good, but I don't know - everything, even the crimes, seem so ... removed, you know?

Right now, I just hope the team comes together to rally around H and get the job done, that way H can see how loyal his team has been and will maybe come around and start asking them things like: How are you doing? :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.