Danny & Rikki - But This Is My Shirt

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by xPORCELAINDOLLx, Apr 10, 2008.

1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Well, I'm not really into the pregnancy idea. Those storyline are so (what'st the word) predictable. There is always the idea that he is with Rikki because only because of the baby and he acutally loves someone else. :rolleyes:
    But I do love the fact that Danny and Rikki will be together and someone else takes Lindsay's eyes off Danny. :D

2. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I'm okay with the pregnancy storyline....if it's done right. That's the thing, I'm not sure I have faith in TPTB to do it correctly, especially with their track record on romance.

Still, I think that Danny will be overjoyed when Rikki comes back. Baby or no baby, he's got it for her.

3. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:lol: Yeah, that would be just hilarious, in the sort of way that makes you want to connect your forehead with your desk. But considering Danny's behavior and emotions whenever he was with Rikki and how upset he was at her just moving away ... baby on the way or not, he will be very happy to see Rikki again, as Shytownmofo said. :D

As Top41 put it in the Bring Rikki Back thread, a baby between Danny and Rikki could be a sort of redemption for them. The baby can never replace Ruben, but it's a fresh start for both them, a second chance so to speak. :) Rikki knows what it's like to be a mother; she had Ruben for ten years before his tragic death. She was a single mother too, so if she has a baby with Danny, she's more than capable of caring for a child even with Danny's busy hours as a CSI. And Danny, the way he behaved around Ruben (and even that little girl in episode 4x06, Boo!), it's apparent he likes kids and can be very sweet and gentle with them. Imagine if the child is his own. He'd protect it with his life and more, especially after what happened in episode 4x11.

Between Rikki returning pregnant and Danny settling with her only because of that, and Rikki and Danny seeking each other out because they miss each other and want to give a relationship a shot, I'll pick the latter any day. It's a matter of how it's written. It's just as possible that Danny and Rikki meet up again and then Rikki finds out she's pregnant. Who knows! :D

Also, four episodes is more than adequate for a storyline like Rikki being pregnant with Danny's child. In season four, that's how many it took to establish the following:

- Rikki as Danny's next door neighbor who had a ten-year-old son who's killed in a robbery gone very bad.
    - Then the both of them grieving over Ruben's death and Rikki being overwhelmed by that grief to the point of searching for the man she deemed responsible for her only son's death. In the same episode, we see how much Danny was willing to sacrifice in order to save Rikki from a terrible fate but also do the right thing in the end.
    - Then there's Danny turning to Rikki in a very intimate way (as said by Carmine Giovinazzo himself), and on screen proof of the attraction between Danny and Rikki that may very well have begun long before Rikki was introduced to the viewers.
    - And finally, Rikki moves away because 'the memories are too painful' and we see how upset Danny was at Rikki moving away.

Appearances in just four episodes, with a total time of about 15 minutes, and we already got that much.

And something to consider: Matt stated that she'll be appearing in more than one episode and up to four, but the writers officially go back to work this coming Monday ... which means even now, the writers are already estimating Rikki will be appearing in up to four episodes in season five. By the time whatever story's written for Rikki, the number of episodes could possibly increase. Guess we'll only know once the new season airs! :) I can't wait.

4. ladyhunter

I'm sure he's been moping around his apartment for last past few months. Trying not to spend too much time missing both Ruben and Rikki.

I agree, baby or no baby, Danny is going to be VERY happy to have her back. She is the right person for him. They have such hot chemistry and she doesn't have a vested interest in his job or what he does. All she cares about is.... HIM. and Vice-versa. :D

I have this image them (in bed :evil: ) just talking. She could tell him about Ruben when he was a baby and Danny could tell Rikki about his childhood. I have no doubt that Danny would make a very caring, loving and attentive father, but I don't see it working out between Danny and Rikki. Something in him is also slightly immature to some point and Rikki wouldn't appreciate that.

5. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Hmm, an interesting point. That means Rikki is someone Danny can go to when he wants to really put his mind off work, someone with whom he can have mutual care and affection. :)

It would be very interesting indeed to listen to both their stories. :) Danny once spoke about Louie to Hawkes at the beginning of season four. I can see him talking about his family and his thoughts and feelings to Rikki, and vice versa. It'd be lovely to learn more about Rikki's life, like how long she was Danny's neighbor and, yes, about Ruben and why she was a single mother.

Ah, I do get what you mean. :lol: However, I do think things can work out between Danny and Rikki. If Rikki was able to give him support and care for him even during such a painful time for her, she's more than capable of loving Danny in any other circumstances. I think the same can go for Danny too. :) Him wanting first and foremost to ease her pain and then acknowledging that she was right that using sex as a 'quick fix' wasn't a good thing to do ... it does take maturity to do that.

6. Shytownmofo

Oh, I agree, there's a very immature side to Danny. I know that love can make you accept people's flaws no questions asked, but I do think that Rikki wouldn't appreciate that at all.

However, that would be a nice thing to explore, Danny getting a bee in his bonnet and being a brat towards Rikki like he was toward Flack in AitF. How would Rikki handle it? Would it cause a problem, or would Rikki accept it unconditionally as a part of who Danny is?

Being a caring and attentive mother to Ruben, I think that Rikki could accept it as Danny being Danny. Yeah, she'd call him on it, but I think she could do it in a way that wouldn't put Danny out.

As Kimmy said, look at the way she was toward him in the aftermath of Ruben's death. That says a lot about her maturity and the depth of her character and connection towards Danny.

In that respect, I would like to see them wait if they're going to do a pregnancy storyline. I'd like to see them explore more of the dynamics between Danny and Rikki first.

7. ladyhunter

8. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Even Flack puts Danny in line now and then. :lol: But maybe, in some ways, it is this side of Danny that makes him appealing to certain people ... especially people with a caring, nurturing side to their character, like Rikki, for example.

She was a single mother so she definitely knows what it's like to care for a child from birth. Imagine the baby years when the baby completely depends on you for everything, regardless of what's happening to you. Then the terrible twos! :eek: :lol: And then you have years and years and years more ahead of caring for your child until he/she's all grown up and independent. Takes a lot of patience and love to do that without giving up and walking away.

So in the case of Danny/Rikki, I can see Rikki being understanding but also be firm and not let Danny get carried away by his emotions. The scene in episode 4x16 is actually good proof of this. She understood what Danny was doing and why, but she also made sure he heard what she had to say, in a gentle, clear manner. :) I think her apparent understanding and care prompted Danny to become more affectionate and open than we've seen him be on the show since ... the beginning, actually. :lol:

Oh yeah, Rikki's left a very deep and good impression on him. :D

She had such an open, caring face when she talked to Danny too:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Awwwww. :) The constant touching of their foreheads and gazing into each other's eyes is so sweet.

Oh, me bad. :eek: :lol: I apologize for misunderstanding. Yes, the baby thing can go really bad if the writers don't handle such a sensitive story plot very well. But if it does go very well ... Danny with a baby is a very adorable image, indeed. :D I am already chuckling just imagining him trying to change diapers or dress the baby or calm the baby during the teething months! Rikki will be there instructing him how to do those things, amused at Danny nervous and flustered and Danny will probably have a newfound respect for mothers and fathers everywhere. :lol:

Yes. :D Just like Danny could have gone anywhere ... but he turned to Rikki. :D

9. Shytownmofo

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  10. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Hahah, agreed! I've never seen Danny as a drama queen, although that could be because when I hear drama queen, I think spoilt, self-entitled teenage brat and not a professional CSI in his 30s. :lol: Emotional and unthinkingly reacts at times, yes, but it takes a lot for me to slap a drama queen label on someone. Maybe if Danny ever hurls himself onto the floor and rolls around while slamming his fists on the floor and screaming at the top of his voice, maybe then. :lol:

Yep, and that's part of the fun to me. Not knowing how things are going to turn out and finding out bit by bit. :) I would be disappointed if we knew from the onset how things are going to end. That would be bad writing, yo! And indeed, Rikki has more than proven herself to have the strength, affection and care to deal with Danny on an emotional level.

Now imagine him having to care for the baby on his own one day because Rikki has to run some errands ... and he ends up calling Flack for help (like he always does) when the baby gets out of hand during meal time and pelts him with baby food. :guffaw:

11. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I have to agree with this. Emotional and sometimes over reacts, yeah. But drama queen... I don't really see it. He just doesn't fit the definition of what I think of as a drama queen.

All together now... Aaawwwww How adorable would that be? But of course Flack would come to the rescue as usual, and they'd have everything cleaned up before Rikki got back. She'd never even know.

12. Shytownmofo

Ok, I didn't mean that Danny was a drama queen, per se; I was more using that term broadly to relate to some of his behavior, like in Season 1, where he deliberately defied Mac, or even his behavior with Flack over Rikki stealing his gun. The whole "You should have minded your own business" comment. I agree, he's not really a "Drama Queen," but he does have hystrionic behaviors at times, which can be taxing to those that love him. But, he's not hard to love, because you're only as hard to love as the one trying to love you makes it hard. If the one who loves you accepts you and all your faults without question, no you are not hard to love....IMO.

I was more thinking about what Rikki would do if Danny started acting like that with her. I don't think she'd bail, but I definitely think that she would have something to tell him, albeit in a fairly gentle way.

And yes, you so totally know that Flack would come over, and they'd take care of it before Rikki knew anything was amiss. 'Cause Flack's stealthy super like that.

13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Oh, I see. :D Hahah, so we've all always been on the same page. :lol:

Awww. :) The last two lines are incredibly sweet. They apply so well to Rikki and her forgiveness and understanding of Danny. (They apply really well to Flack too, but that is for another thread. ;))

Hmmm ... I think it would take something very, very bad for Danny to end up acting that way with Rikki. For now, I can't see him acting the slightest bit like a drama queen with her. He just ... calms down so much around her. I look forward very much to seeing more of them together on screen, if only to see more of their interaction and how they view one another.

:lol: :lol: :lol: GMTA!

14. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Well, since 24 hours have passed ...

I think some of us will be breathing a sigh of relief. Looks like TPTB won't be gracing us with a pregnancy plot after all. :lol: Now it's just a question of why Rikki's coming up for up to four episodes and what all that is that Danny and Rikki have to catch up on! (However, I must say Ausiello saying that he 'may end up eating his words' means it's still possible Rikki may return pregnant. Who knows!)

I remember we were discussing other speculations on her return if the pregnancy storyline doesn't happen ... Wouldn't it be amazing if it really does turn out Rikki's back on the show because Danny realized he has deep feelings for her when he had to say goodbye to her, and he went searching for her? :) Now that it's confirmed Rikki won't be returning pregnant, it seems unlikely she'll be the one looking for Danny. It'll most likely be Danny searching for her since she never gave him the chance to make his say on her moving away apart from, "Goodbye."

What do you guys think of this?

15. Silver_angel

Silver_angel Victim

Unfortunally I kinda distrust the spoilers, there is so much that TPTB could change in a last minute.
    I think Danny never really accepted her goodbye and he still have feelings for Rikki and going after her.
    That's a typical reaction of Danny to go after someone
    But then again Rikki could get in to trouble ( I rember a spoiler regarding her ex husband I'm not sure of that) or in a trial