The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ Absolutely genius!!! That's totally amazing, and it's so subtle, but so powerful. I could also maybe see Nick being out of the room, and say maybe Sara spilling something on the floor. She gets up, going to ask Nick where the stain cleaner stuff is, and Greg says he'll go get it for her.
    Again, genius. Please write it xD

^-^ I would be astounded if that happened. I'd think you were psychic ... or you worked for TPTB. But if you did work for TPTB, you'd have probably made more time for The Love and whatnot. But still ... Kristi was bad enough. Just seeing Nick kiss her ... I wonder what Greg was thinking as he worked on the DNA for Catherine when she was trying to clear Nick's name. Was he kind of frustrated? Annoyed, maybe? Well, I know he was deeply relieved when he got the DNA that would clear his friend (and crush's) name.
    Hmmmmmm ...

2. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Aww, I've got to many plot bunnies right now, otherwise I might.

I hate to say this, but some of you might remember the dream I had last year where Warrick was giving up his wedding ring because he and Tina were divorced and in the next ep it came true. lol, that's where my story Passing The Ship Torch came from. I just hope this one with Nick doesn't come true!

I hate to say this, also, but I think I'm gonna take a break from fanfic for awhile. That means writing, not reading. I just feel like I need a break, as much as there's still so much I want to work on. Plus, I'm sick at the moment, which isn't helping anything. Sick, and I have to go to work. Life sucks. lol. ttyl.

3. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Aww, that sucks that your sick :( and still have to work... and that you're not writing at the moment.

I really need to give writing Nick/Greg another go. I've tried before and it's just ended up in the recycle bin, on more than one occasion! In the end I just gave up.

my_last_chance, I think that's an interesting question. It's horrible watching that ep back, but it was so early on in the show, I try to forget about it :) But how long do you think Nick and Greg would have known each other before the show started? And did Greg have a crush on Nick long before? Or is he just starting to feel it as the show starts, maybe a few episodes in. Maybe it was that whole fiasco that made him feel jealous and he thought omg 'I have a crush on Nicky, i mean I've always thought he was hot, but doesn't everyone, maybe I have more than just 'he's hot' feelings.' kind of thing. I think he was probably quite upset about it though, and obviously did everything he could to help him.

4. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Sara's Girl- its cause your running a high temp and your semi dilusional. Poor thing!!!

My_last_chance.

Well to be honest, Greg does appear to be annoyed at the prospect that Nick of all people has been involved with a prostitute and a woman at that.... Maybe the reason why Greg did get annoyed was simply because he had put Nick on this pedistle (?) and was angry at himself for believing that Nick could sleep with a woman...

However, Kristy incident also propelled Greg into upping his agenda.

Exaclty, Greg had a big time crush on Nick, since the start of CSI. Was they flirting before the episode one.. Who can tell...I think that Greg might've moved recently to Nevada, where he applied for the post of Lab assistant.

RE: Living spaces...

Yes when it comes to the dynamics of siblings vs the only child, they, Nick and Greg would've had to come to some sort of compromise... I see this maybe when they flirted less often...For all we know, (i see this as happening), Greg spent time at Nick's, Nick at Gregs, back and forward, untill somethikng changed.

Maybe Nick started to spend more time at Greg's after the Stalker issue-.

Remember how much do you think Nigel Crain saw, noted Greg going into Nick’s and Nick leaving with Greg? Remember they, The CSIS’ found recorded evidence… Now here’s a thought- do you think that Nigel recorded Nick and Greg kissing. Or more???

Thinking back to Nigel Crain, there’s so much we don’t know… and so much that we can speculate. I’ve just thought, what if Nigel Crain had a crush on Nick… What if Nigel realised that Nick is Gay and wanted him for himself… That’s what a stalker is, someone who fixates on another person… Because its is very personal to Nick.

Either way, Nigel Crain studied Nick Stokes, he alone found out more information than Gil, Archie, Catherine could ever find out.

This is probably the first time that Archie, realised or found out that Nick and Greg were boyfriends…Of course in his final report he didn’t add his suspicions at all….Maybe there was an image say of a man leaving Nick’s apartment but it was blurred out of shot, but Archie managed to enhance that image…. See unanswered questions. (The image is of Greg…) OR- over the course of the stalking, Nigel witnesses conversations between Nick and Greg via the phone, or online chats… who knows…

Regardless, the Stalker episode probably had repercussions for both Nick and Greg… Even so since Grave Danger- where I believe they might’ve made a compromise and arranged that Nick gets his space, and Greg has his…. But most definitely by Season Seven and Eight they’re a couple… very much in love….

5. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Witness

Greg and Nick want each other.
    It's been obvious since the first time they met. O:

...the sexual tension between them is unbearable.
    Like, extremely unbearable.

...like, joker/batman unbearable.
    except they don't try to kill each other.

6. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Amen, Candygirl! When I think of all these scenes from this epi I have a strong feeling that Nigel truly had a crush on Nick. Well, when I saw it first time I wasn't thinking about Love or Nicky being Gay - I was just sure about this crush.

Nigel was totally crazy about Nick so I see it only as falling in sick love. Maybe he saw Nick and Greg together? Too much speculations... It's too confusing, maybe when I'll rewatch I would say something more. But the idea... maybe that made Nigel so mad? Jealousy?

7. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Yeh, I agree that Greg kind of looked up to Nick in a way, I agree he'd got him like on a pedestal, and then was really annoyed over the whole Kristy issue. I was too!! lol.

I think Nigel maybe did have a sick crush on Nick, but then wouldn't he go after Greg if he thought he was in the way? Or maybe Greg was to be next on the list. . .

I also agree candygirl that they probably came to some sort of compromise after spending time one at ones then at the others, then something changed to stop this happening as much, I'm thinking more along the timeline of GD rather than Stalker. Maybe they started spending more time together just before Nigel Crane, but then, when that happened, Nick was really freaked out (as anybody in their right mind would be), and then he spent more time at Greg's, and maybe moved house? and then Greggo spent more time around there, helping pick out furniture and paint and other homely things (I'd like that, but there was no mention of a new house, but I can see them picking things like that out) I think that was before they were together, maybe they'd entertained the idea, and realised how well they go together over decorating Nicky's new house.

I like that idea now I've thought of it, the mess that paint could cause. . .

I think its interesting about Nigel Crane knowing more about Nick than everyone else, and then Archie finding out. I personally don't think they were together at that time, but maybe Nigel saw Greg went round to Nick's a lot and he discussed it on tape. Then Archie would have the idea in his head and notice the little moments between the two.

8. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Welcome to the fort HarleyQuinn! Glad you like the Love and that you can see the more or less subtle subtext. And yes, so much (sexual) tension between the boys! :devil: It is unbearable and unbelievable that they haven't acted on it yet!

About Stalker. Hm, well, I guess Crane was obsessed with Nicky, probably even had a crush on him, 'cause I think that's how the whole stalker thing works. I've read fics in which Archie finds out about Nick and Greg through watching Crane's tapes. And of course it's a possibility that their relationship was revealed with the whole stalker incident. Yeah, maybe in the very last episode we see flashbacks to Stalker and Gil talking to our boys to keep their relationship quiet. Wouldn't that be awesome?

About the whole living together thing. Well, I agree that Nick spend a lot of time after Stalker with Greg.
    I'm far too romantic to even want to consider that they took a break in their living situation let alone their relationship. What can I say?
    Anyway, I'd like to think that GD brought them even closer together and if they didn't live together back then they sure would have moved in together after GD. I like the idea of Greg taking care of Nick.

I love all your ideas how they could show it on the show that they live together or at least know each others houses so well. And I love blushing Greg!

9. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Witness

You know what would make a really cute fanfic?

Greg getting a puppy, Nick being jealous because of all the attention the puppy is getting and acting like a hurt puppy around Greg, and they fall in love at the end. <3

So cheesy and lame, but it would be so fluffy it would smother everyone.

I wrote a story like that, but it was with Guitar Hero and it was between Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart, but it was a friendship fic. [=

10. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Ha. Yeah someone should write that for Nick/Greg, in fact, you should! lol. I am worse than useless at writing fluff like that. Welcome to the Fort by the way, it's the best thread ever, of course.

Oh yeah, and all that being said I have updated Now That You Mention It (after 2 months of neglect) and it is a little fluffy...it's here, if you want:

http://www.nickandgreg.com/desert_archive/viewstory.php?sid=5080&i=1

Oh, how I love the idea of them picking out paint together Bubbles...I think they would argue to the death over furnishing/colour choices. I reckon they would like very different things...personally I think Greg is more stylish, not over the top or anything, just that he has more of an aesthetic sense than Nick which is clear from the way they both dress. Greg clearly likes colours more too, I can see him trying to persuade Nick to paint his living room bright red or something and Nick's like 'Nooo....hand over the magnolia, immediately!'

Ok I went a little domestic there, sorry about that. But as Candygirl kindly points out, I am running a fever and officially have the lurgy (as sanctioned by my doctor today and the yummy antibiotics he gave me) Anyway, post Stalker I don't know if Nick gets a new house but I think he'd want to change everything if he did stay, plus he has a giant hole in his ceiling. I'd love it if Greg was the supportive friend and that's how they ended up getting together.

Ack...the Kristy thing...honestly most of the time I try not to think about/acknowledge it...just so not good. Not just because of Greg...it was just all so very wrong.

I hope I'm not having premonitions, that idea gives me the horrors!

Someone has asked me to write a fic about Nick and Greg from Nigel Crane's pov. What do you guys think? Would that be interesting, if I could pull it off? Just bouncing ideas around as usual :p

Get well soon QOTU...enjoy your break from writing and come back soon!

Nat x

11. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Witness

Thanks, and I think I will. [=

12. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ I love that, its so true. Nicky seems like the very neutral color scheme type of guy. Where as Greggo would go more wild with hid colors and decor. If they lived together I feel they could come to happy medium. Like maybe Nicky's brown couch with crazy colored pillows for Greggo or something. Hmmm now I'm wondering what kind of decor their bed room would get. I see a large bed with a crazy colored sheets but a fairly plain confronter. Ok so wow now I think i'm putting way to much thought into this. Well what can I say the LOVE is slowly taking over my life. :lol:

The whole Kristy thing. I mean it happened in the first season and alot has happened since then. Maybe she was Nicky's last attempt at being with a women, before he finally figured out that Greggo was the one for him. The episode Boom just irritates me now. Except for the whole Greggo looking at Nicky's little swimmers under the microscope. I find that very funny and kinda sexy. But thats just me. :rolleyes:

Sara's Girl- Love the new chapter in the fic. Great work as always. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the FORT HarleyQuinn.

13. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

*OMG* I just see them together and decorating (or trying to make it together;)). Greg is definitely more stylish, of course I don't want to say that Nicky is not. I just mean that Greg is more a type in fashion... nah, you know what I mean. Anyway, I see it like MsCB - Nicky wants something classical, neutral and Greg - totally opposite - wants some aggresive colours, funky furniture, he has some crazy and original ideas. And how to make it up?

Kristy - I have an allergy to this name... Don't think about it... Oh, and Greg watching Nicky's little swimmers - that's really funny, MsCB, and in some way sexy...:devil:

Oh, and hi HarleyQuinn! Nice to have here new face:D

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Welcome to the fort,HarleyQuinn! I once wrote a fic where Nick bought Greg a puppy for an anniversary present. Although he wasn't jealous of it, it was a pretty fluffy fic. Let me know if you want to read it and I will provide a link.

15. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Witness

Writing Nick/Greg is so much more fun when there's mild-crack!themes involved. <3

Oh, I love the Greg meets Nick's family fics. [=
    They're all so crazy, hahaha.

Anyway, I should probably be finished with this thing by midnight tonight. [=

Wojo: I'd LOVE to read it! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.