The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Welcome to the Fort Harleyquin. I agree that'd make a great fic. I'm going to really post something more useful in the morning when my night out's alcohol has warn off :D I'd like to read your fic with the puppy Wojo :D please?

I'm not loving the decorating idea. someone should write a fic :D

And everyones ill :( get better soon :)

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I was just watching "Nesting Dolls" on Spike and this scene struck me as to Nick being totally clueless about females all of the sudden. They were talking about "buying" foreign girls for wives from websites and Warrick is talking about how he can see it happening.

WARRICK: Me? No. But you know, for a guy who's over 40, lonely, tired of the
    bar scene, got a little cash, wants to buy himself a sweet honey, be his
    companion ...

NICK: He needs a translator, 'cause you're not even speaking the same language.

WARRICK: That's the best part.

CATHERINE: (groans) Ugh ... !

(Catherine turns and leaves. Warrick chuckles.)

NICK: (clueless) Best part of what?

Nick does not even think about the prospect because he is too in love and happy with Greg to get the concept that Warrick was talking about. Usually Nick acts all knowing about these things but not in this one. A season 5 ep and we know that Greg and him are more than likely together by that point.

3. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Thanks for the get wells guys! And you too Nat!

HarleyQuinn - welcome!

The thought about Nigel knowing about The Love is creepy and interesting at the same time. And yeah, maybe it was a real crush on Nick, cause, I mean, Greg is a geek, and managed to get Nick to like him. Nigel is a geek, and if he sees that Nick likes Greg, well then, why can't he like Nigel just as much, if not more? I mean, he might think Nick would like him more because he wouldn't be trying to change Nick to bring him out of his comfort zones and choose wacky colors for his new place(of course his new place comes after this, but you know what I mean. Right?) Nigel, instead, wants to be just like him, wouldn't want him to change and thinks Nick would like that better.

I think it would be interesting if there were a fic out there that dealt with a confrontation between Greg and Nigel over this fact. What if, Greg knew about Nigel, not really much, but knows he's some random guy that has a crush on Nick. So, he goes to talk to him, and he's creeped out by how much Nigel knows about Nick, perhaps even little stuff that Greg didn't even know, to try to show how much better he would be for Nick than Greg. But Greg stands his ground. They argue, and then it comes out that Nigel is Nick's stalker and living in his attic. How does this strike anyone? Someone should write that. Please? I wonder how Nick would react to finding out that Greg tangled with him, if he ever does. And that would also depend on when he finds out, if it's before Nigel attacks him or after. This is also intending that they're together already, or... maybe not. Maybe they're just on the verge of finding Love, which would lead Greg to be a little unsure about his relationship with Nick because Nigel already knows so much about him. Ahhh, just a bit creepy. Yeah? lol

ok, that's it for me. I have to get some sleep. ttyl.

4. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Witness

Guess what?
    I finished that fic. <3
    I just need to hear back from the beta I sent it to and then you guys can read it. [=
    It was fun to write, and only took about three hours - because Batman came on and then there was dinner lol - to write. :D
    There's a plot... if you squint. x3

5. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

Please post the link, HarleyQuinn, and welcome aboard the awesome thread that is The Fort! Hope you enjoy your stay on this ever floatin' boat of love. xD
    Queen, I'd try my best at writing it ... but I don't think I could do it justice. Just as I was reading what you had written, ideas were forming inside my mind ... ideas like Nigel attacking Greg ... and ... err ... idea stopped forming. Probably already enough fics about that kind of thing. Ah well--maybe someone else will come up with something more original.
    Dizzney- I love that part. Nick is absolutely clueless, but it's adorable. xD
    Pleaaaseee someone write a fic about Nick and Greg decorating their place. Maybe they compromise--one of them decides on furniture (couch, coffee table, etc.), and one of them decides on wallpaper (or paint), flooring and decorative items (paintings, etc.). That would be soo cute!
    I have a slightly off topic question for those fanfic writers ... do you ever have ideas that you want to write, but you just don't feel like writing them? I feel kind of guilty, but I just haven't the energy or the will power to write. Any ideas on getting out of this ah ... funk, as it were?

6. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Witness

I get that a lot, and I solve it by - okay you're going to think I should be in the Arkham Asylum - staring at the computer screen with music playing until I finally get the urge to write. c:

but if that doesn't work, try writing a sentence of it and go from there. Remember, it doesn't matter how long it takes you to finish, just as long as you finish. <3

7. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ Thanks for the advice! That's what I do sometimes. Usually listening to Secondhand Serenade or Faber Drive, but I digress.
    Okay, so for a certain fic that I want to upload soonish, I need a picture. I'm sure everyone is familiar with Greg taking a picture of Nick's bootie from A La Carte, and I was wondering if anyone has found it on photobucket or another image site that I can link to.
    Thanks in advance.
    Oh, and to make this on topic ...
    I was cruising through photobucket and I actually came upon a few pictures depicting a Nick and Kristi ship. It made me kind of sad and frustrated. I mean, she's dead! And Nick and Greg had way more subtext than he did with that ... woman. I also came across many Nick/Greg pictures, so that made me happy. It's nice to know that people all over can appreciate that amazingness that is Nick and Greg. =]

8. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

Okay, everyone. I know I haven't been arond in a while and keep disapearing, but please forgive me. :(

Let me say a quick hello to all new members before i go on my rant.

HELLO! WELCOME TO THE FORT!! we hope you have fun, and become loyal shippers.:lol:

Okay, so, right now, I'm watching Snakes, and besides Nick speaking Spanish, i'm finding something very interesting.;)

Nick is going over files at one point, listening to music, and I realized what nick was wearing.

Remember the episode from the eighth season where Greg is wearing something rather un Greg-like while the team is sitting around the table, and Nick and Greg are sitting across from each other? I can't remember the episode name. Bull, maybe? :confused:

But anyway, in Snakes and that episode, I think Nick and Greg are wearing the same sweater. :eek:

Almost like it was something Nick wore once, and desided he didn't like, so put it in some drawer, only to see the light of day in emergencies. And Greg realized one morning that he had no clean shirts to wear, and so went looking a found an old one of Nick's, so desided to use it, because nick hadn't used it in a while. (Nearly three years to be exact, lol.):lol:

Just something I wanted to bring up. I will try so hard to be around more often. I don't want to abandon all you sweet shippers!

This is Katie, signing out. :thumbsup:

One last thing: WELCOME BACK TWINS! You've guy have been missing...Well, good to have you back at the Fort!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  9. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Witness

Katie, if you're right then... :scream:

OHMYGOD! IT'S PRACTICALLY CANON THEN!! :'DDD
    They're together, and-and-and YAY!! :D
    Thanks for pointing that out. <3
    :B
    I can now squeal in my room about that, hahhaha. x3

10. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Hey, Katlynn, nice to see you again!

I think I remember that pic from S8 (I'm not sure though). I really have to watch Snakes again. I kinda like that episode and Spanish speaking Nick definitely helps. ;)

Oh, I hope someone's writing the domestic fic, I can almost see them shopping for new paint and furniture. They would so argue and where's an argument there's a make-up :devil:

Hope you get well soon, QOTU and Sara's Girl :thumbsup:

Oh, and Dizzney, you're so right, Nicky has no clue what Warrick's talking about in Nesting Dolls. I just love that scene!

11. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I'm trying to imagine their place after decorating, lol. I see it... and it looks a little bit... eclectic:lol: Old-fashioned couch and crazy colours on the wall with some patterns.

I have this problem at this moment. I wrote few stuff last days but now I'm too lazy to translate it... arghhhh... That's annoying me so much!:scream: I want it but always I have other things to do and then I'm tired. Stupid holidays! (wow, I said it)

Dizzney, love this scene! It's so cute. Things like that always remind me how much I love Nicky:D

Oh, and my manners - get well QOTU and Sara's Girl!

Katlynn, nice to see you back here!

12. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Haha. yes. I remember we has this discussion some months ago (I think after they showed Bull) and I wrote a clothes swapping fic...please don't make me write another....lol. I think there may be a fluff overload and I would have to go write something where someone gets killed or maimed to balance it out and no one wants that :p Also, sorry but it's Lynn's fault for bringing it up...Nick + speaking Spanish + shouting = HOT :devil:

My Last Chance - yes, all the time. I have millions of ideas and only one pair of hands, some of the ones left unfinished or unwritten I love, too. Maybe one day I'll come back to them. I wanna write paint shopping now...nggg....the fluff will get me *hides* :wtf:

Dizzney - I love that little excerpt with Nick being so clueless about women. I actually do get that vibe from him, I don't think he ever was this 'ladies' man' at all, he's not like a flirt or a smooth talker or anything, with women, I don't see it...I think he's a gentleman, but never have I seen him try it on...even the Kristy thing. I think he felt sorry for her in a way, and maybe he was trying to figure some stuff out. Like, um, yeah, I really am gay. Sorry Nick but yes...you do, in fact, lick the other side of the stamp. The gay stamp. :D

You know when there's supposed flirtation with Sara or Catherine, I don't ever feel it comes from him. The scene I'm thinking of is in Rashomama where Sara says (dead dramatically) 'Nick, I need your hands!' and he sort of plays along...I dunno, I didn't feel it.What I did feel in that epi was him looking *right at* Greg whilst making a point about public declarations of love. Ahem.

I suppose I'm saying that...well...Nicky's just ever so gay, isn't he? I love it. I would start in on Greg but then this post will take up the whole page. Thanks for get well wishes Love Fan and Deirdre :D And thanks again MsCatherineBrown! Yey.

Long live the Love :thumbsup:

Nat x

13. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Oh, please, Nick's so gay. He's so clueless about women!

And I agree with you Sara's Girl that the whole Ladies Man facade was so not his idea. He just didn't say anything against it. He just went with it because it was easier. I mean you just have to look at him when he talks with Warrick about women. Well, it's actually Warrick telling his stories and Nick just grinning. But he never ever says anything about a girlfriend or dates. It's so obvious!

As you sad, he's a gentlemen especially with women and the way he acts around them just doesn't indicate that he's straight.

Just remembered what scene you meant with Sara and Nick. It was the one with the underwear, right? That was so not flirtatious! I mean it was like Sara tried to but then remembered there was no use 'cause you know ... :lol: Nick just doesn't flirt back.
    Remember when he sang to Mandy? I don't recall the episode right now but Mandy was so flirting with him and he was just so nice but so not interested.
    I bet Greg teases him quite a lot with his cluelessness. ;)

And for all S6 hair lovers:
    [​IMG]
    God, don't you just love that hair!!

Oh, and look only a few more post and we're at fort 20!

14. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Witness

I crack up whenever I see his hair like that. :'D It just looks so... weird on him. I mean, it's cute and all but I think he's current cut is better for a Texan such as himself. xD He's only a doll around women because that's how most Texan's are raised; to respect others and treat a woman like... well, a woman. And Nick is not just gay - there are levels. He's semi-gay; meaning he likes boys but he isn't a fashion hound. xD That sounds so bad... I guess he's a Gay... Level Two? (Out of six levels) c:

EDIT: Hahahaha. In my free time - which I seem to have a lot of - I made a Greg/Nick pic. xD It's bad, I know, but at least it's something? c:

15. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Oh good grief...there are not words for how much I love the season six hair...in fact I may have to go as far as this >> :drool: Thank you! :D No one will ever persuade me from my love of the s6 hair. *sigh*

Ah it's all true...yeah it was with the underwear, Sara tried bless her but part of me feels she was teasing him, trying to get a rise out of him (not in that way..!) and maybe get him to admit some stuff...embarrass it out of him, if you like?

Mandy...I think she has/had a bit of a crush on him, but it's a hopeless case! I did enjoy him singing though, it was pretty funny. There's a fic somewhere where he sings 'Mandy' in a karaoke bar and then ends up going home with Greg. It's all good :p

I agree that Greggo teases him to death about his cluelessness. Greg's so confident and flirty with all the women too, he must think it's pretty funny that Nick doesn't always know what to do/say. But he doesn't mind of course, because all the better that he gets all of Nicky's attention :D I don't think Greg can help flirting, it's pathological with him, but it doesn't mean anything...I think he would have been really surprised when Nick first started flirting back. Ah...bless him.

Interesting the idea of different levels of gay! 'Hi I'm Nick, and I'm a Level Two Gay.' lol. He just is...

Nat x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.