The Football Thread #4 - It Is Not Soccer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

WE'RE THE CHAMPIONS !!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyy !!!! :D:D:D

[​IMG]

Everybody is celebrating outside.

2. CSISneaky

CSISneaky Police Officer

Great game, the best team won, congrats Spain :thumbsup:

3. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

bubbles wrote:
    I hate all these articels! When I see covers with titles like these I'm really angry too. Oh, and I saw in Polish TV interview with two actresses. Very interesting subject - "What are you doing when your husband/boyfriend is watching Euro?" Argghh... It's really stupid.

I love watching football and ice hockey! And hate all these complaining about how it's bad when guy is watching games...

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  4. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

the answer should be: I'm watching with him!! (or: he's watching with me :evil:)

really, I know that many women hate football but be understanding and realise that some of us love it - 'cause it's mostly in women's magazines, written by women of course where you can find all those 'precious' tips for surviving matches :/

EDIT: Daquien wrote: Everybody is celebrating outside.

I guess it must be pretty noisy out there :lol: congratulations once again :)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  5. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

That's my answer:lol: But their was: "I'm going to beautician." Beautician??? During the game??? I don't understand that, really...

6. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Have to say i'm also one of the few women out there who really do enjoy football. I'm a Man Utd supporter mainly because of my brother supporting them and its rubbed off. I hate Chelsea *sorry to any chelsea fans* but they annoy me for a few reasons which i wont go into.

I loved the euros but frustrated as i couldn't watch as much as i wanted as i was away for my favourite games. I supported Holland through the Euros they were great and i thought maybe this time they can prove there worth they have the talent.
    Though i'm happy Spain won, i was out in Spain on holiday through the group stages and heard the celebrations then can't begin to imagine it now. Spain have played well throughout and proved they can do it. Germany for me have been very very lucky they have had some pants games when its lucky they got through and i'm not a Ballack fan (ooh how he's amazin for germany and crap for chelsea) and Lehman is funny he has some really random moments.

My bro finds it funny because he can talk to me about it and i understand, and one of guys at work knows i like it and always talks to me if there is a match on soon. I just love the game apart from the diving twats and big egos.

i get annoyed when people go ooh women won't be interested its like at work i'm like i probably know a lot more than you think.

7. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

nice to meet another MU fan :D I've loved that team for like 12 years and never lost faith in them (ok, there were times when I was a bit depressed ;)) I also don't like Chelsea

yeah, sure, quite recently I stayed at my friends' place, there were five of us (all girls) watching the match, my friend studies in another town and they often go to pubs to watch championship, there are always more girls than guys <shrugs>

8. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I think it's great to see other girls that like football. I guess things like those articles get put out because of stereotypes, like 'every girl wants to be a WAG but don't know what offside is' kinda thing. It infuriates me. I only know one other girl who likes football, and I think to a lot of my male friends, it's a novelty that there's a girl who knows just as much about football as they do, and not just like Premiership stuff. Like there's a couple of new youngsters (i.e. 16, how old do I sound at 20 compared) at work, who I was talking to about League 1 a few weeks ago, and they just stood there in shock.

9. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Before WC 2006, in one radioshow ms. host was also talking about what women do when men watch football all the time now that World Cup starts... and then said that women can go shopping or hairdresser or... thankfully in their website you can send message straight to the programme so I mailed 'em that there are still women who actually are as excited about World Cup as men :p they read it in the air 5mins later :lol:

Anyways, congrats for Spain (my bet f'ed :p ) but at least it was Torres who scored :p It was wonderful goal! One of the best that was made in EC.

And I agree, Spain deserved it. Germany played typical passive gave but now they seem to... suck. Lahm was so much in trouble with spanish players, as well as rest of the German defense.

10. inge

inge CSI Level Two

Congrats to Spain! :)
    They were so good and the goal was very pretty.
    Spain is now officially my fav team. They are so nice and friendly. I read that they celebrate in a small pub in Neustift (Tyrol) with the natives till eight in the morning. The Spanish team stayed there during the eurocup.
    and Torres played before the semi-finals three quartes of an hour with five boys between 6 and 13. :)
    http://oe3.orf.at/euro2008/stories/288409/
    The page is in German, but the pictures say everthing.

I'm sad that the eurocup is over. :(
    No more crazy fans at 8 in the morning or in the evening. :lol:
    or fans asking if this is the correct train to the airport. ;)

I think it was an exciting event with some surprises and a worthy winner.

some thoughts:
    - I was surprised by Russia and Turkey. I have to admit, I've never seen Russia before and I didn't know that they are such a great team. Turkey has also a great team. I was impressed by their strength and their will to win.
    - I was even more surprised about Austria. I'm happy about the goal and the one point and the quarter final was within reach. OK, not everything is perfect, but there's hope that Austria will attend the worldcup in South Africa. We only have to beat France, Rumania, Serbia and (very important) Faroe Islands. ;)
    and we have to find a new coach. :rolleyes:
    - The refeeres were bad IMO. I lost count how many offside goals count and how many regular goals didn't.:rolleyes: and the thing with Hickersberger and Löw. :rolleyes: I know, no one here knows the Austrian coach, but believe me, he isn't very famous for his temperament. This guy doesn't have such a thing. He talks like a sleeping pill.
    - I was very sad that the Netherlands were eliminated. :(
    - Italy were disappointing. They are not my fav team and I like Spain more, but hey, they are the world champion.

ok, now I have to accept it, the Eurocup 2008 is over....

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  11. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Big celebrations here when the team arrived, I saw it on tv and Madrid was really crowded. :eek:

Some pics:

The players in the bus.

[​IMG]

Fernando Torres with the cup.

[​IMG]

The team.

[​IMG]

And how cool was to see google this way today. ;)

12. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Cool photos. I love Torres:drool:.

Anyway, have you heard about another match fixing event in Italy. Obviously not good after the last time and the negative publicity the Italian league got!

And any Liverpool/Villa fans, what do you think of the whole Barry situation?

13. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

It's all around new season time. Anyone any predictions? Around Europe who's going to win what?

14. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Except here ;) , we have round 17/26 and season will end in Oct (something to do with winter :p )

I haven't followed has there been any important moves in Europe - but of course I still cheer for ManU.

Only news I know is that Lehmann ended his career in national team and won't be part of WC qualifications.

Damn me hasn't even followed Olympics football, checked the results of two first rounds (and I cannot believe Holland played tie with some... country)

15. althea

althea Lab Technician

As far as England goes and because I am biased I want Manchester United to kick some ass. But I gotta say Chelsea looked really good yesterday against Portsmouth. Its probably going to go the same at the top as other times Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal vying for honours.

Is anyone playing the English premier league fantasy football?