The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caff

caff Dead on Arrival

I believe, like everyone else, they got together s3-4. Greg obviously knew he liked Nick early on, like pre-pilot, and tried so hard to impress him in a straight guy kind of way, because he got that vibe from Nick but he wasn't exactly 'out n proud', where as Greg is/was pretty ambiguous. You can see Nick warm up to Greg in season 2, being closer, more comfortable, and more teasing in a elementary school crush kind of way. Once s4 hits you see a shift in them, Greg is still oh flirty Greg but between the two you see they're more comfortable around each other, their flirting is more subtle, and if ever they do talk about girls or something like that it's always in a :winkwink: type of way. And, yes, they are together now, serious and connected and very professional at work aside from cute little looks and their 'talk like this incase someone hears us' kind of banter. September can not come fast enough.

2. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

See, I have absolutely no idea when I think they actually got together, although, whereas about a month ago I was still unsure that they were actually together, I think now I'm changing my mind and agreeing with you guys.

I think that Nick realised his feelings in PWF, and was a bit confused by all the flirting etc before that. I don't know when Greg realised his feelings, but I guess it was before that because he was more aware of his sexuality, whereas Nick hadn't fallen for a guy before, I guess. I think. Hmmm, and Greg's talkign about women etc was just to see how Nick responded, maybe.

3. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I'm watching again 8th season and I agree with you all that Nick and Greg are together. I still can't say when they started to be a couple 'cause I need to re-watch many earlier epis. Probably after that I'll have a wider opinion.

I agree with you bubbles about Nick's and Greg's conversations about women. It was for some time my problem and I thought a lot about it. Greg even teased Nick in 7th season (one epi, maybe from 14-20, I don't remember, yacht, latex etc.; and of course my fave from 6th season - Rashomama). Did they together in 7th season? Because of this teasing about women... ehhh, had some freetime so I'll re-watch. Ok, I must stop it, just watch it:lol:

4. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I think you mean the episode "Big Shots". ;)

I liked that it was Grissom that spoke with Greg in the locker room, simply because Greg still looks up to Grissom for advice and seeks his approval, as do all of them really. But I do agree that I wish Nick was around and would have hit the Under Sheriff but then he would have lost his job. :lol: But that is one of the key differences between Nick and Greg. Greg can pretty much let things like that roll over him whereas if the Under Sheriff had said that to Nick, he would have responded in some way. Greg is more subdued when it comes to his emotions overall than Nick is.

5. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ I think that has alot to do with each of their openness about things. Like Greggo is very open about what he thinks and is not afraid to be different. Where as Nicky has the hero complex and fears letting people down and doesn't tell what he thinks on the spot. Instead he lets them boil over and explode. Personally I agree with all those who said they got together in season three. I mean the attraction was there in the first two seasons but it took time for them to become closer as friends. Then in season three Nicky finally understand how he feels for Greggo when the lab blows up. Where as I can see Greggo feeling attracted to Nicky right away from the start. I think they are together now.

6. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Season 3 for me too, most of the time. I think maybe they got together between PWF and the start of season 4. I think there was an obvious attraction there from the start but neither was sure enough about the other's feelings to make a move. When the lab blew up Nick got a kick up the backside and decided to tell Greg how he felt. Perhaps! lol :p

That said - and I do not know how I missed this before - but in S1 Evaluation Day, right at the end, Nick totally gives himself away. Grissom tells him something like:

'Remind me to take Greg Sanders out for lunch, he did a great job finding those peanuts', and Nick just grins uncontrollably and replies 'Yeah, he did.' It's just on Nick for ages, looking down and smiling. He looks damn proud, bless him, maybe even as early as this Nick loves Greg and can't tell him. I just watched this and got rather excitable. :lol:

Lovely.

Nat x

7. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ Me too! I was totally cheering Greg on when he was finally standing up for himself. I personally love seeing emotion from Greg because we rarely tend to see it. It's always a treat for me when something happens and we get to see Greg let it out, be it anger or sadness or fear.

^-^ I agree one-hundred percent with everything you just said. That's exactly how I thought of it as well. In the beginning they are really flirty, then it changes ever so slightly, but enough for you to notice it and think that something happened. And that something would be them getting together? xD

^-^ I put that in my blog and titled it: The Love Lives! That is just without-a-doubt proof that Nick doesn't just think of Greg as a friend. And, as you said, Nick totally gives himself away. I love that scene. It's pure Love.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  8. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Hey my fellow shippers, sorry I've been MIA... if only for a short time...

Yes for me they're together in season eight... Why do i think that? In A La Cart, when Nick said to Greg "you knew about Griss and Sara?" When Greg lied and said "yes" he did.... It was Nick's expression of - "I thought we told each other everything..." Thats when I thought that they're together.

In my mind they did break up- when the team got broken up... In their field, mantaining a relationship is hard, and as they was forced to work in different shifts, how much time did they spend together outside of work.

Which ties in with what another poster commented on about Bull...

That episode in my mind, delt with the musclinity of men, and their relationships... Also it delt with Gay men... Remember the conversation between Cath and Hodges?

Even the poem that Grissom read about the cowboy being in love.... It all had essence of being a gay episode... Not only cause of what I mentioned but also cause Nick and Greg were the CSIs that was investigating it.

Season eight gave us love fans, more air time, more hints... hardly any flirting, not on par with say season one and two....

What I think will happen in season Nine... Who knows...I do hope that the men, our boys, manage to work together as much as they did in season eight.

Oh and a side line, I love Grissom, he is wise, intelligent, handsome man, that is also a bit set back in society... He observes it- instead of being in it.. Grissom has traits of Asperges Syndrome, which also so does Sara...

Thats the reason why Griss is cold most of the times, not that he doesnt mean to be, he cant show his emotions.... Remember folks, the scale is sooo huge, it ranges from very server, to mild to unnoticeable.... One end is server retardation- to the other end mild OCD.... Aspergers, Autism, OCD, are all interlinked...

Sorry folks!

Oh by the way MrsCatherineBrown... the logic in assuming that the replacement for Sara would be a level three.. Remember as well that Warrick got demoted to CSI level two...So they still need a level two... Prmote Greg already to level two...

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  9. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Somwhere I wrote similar thing about A La Cart. In the same moment I thought that they're together.

And broke up - you read in my mind candygirl! I really think that they had a crisis in their relationship (season 7th, maybe earlier, I just can't stop thinking about it).

Bull, totally agree. Cowboy poem, conversation between Cath and Hodges, Nick and Greg working together... we just know what that mean...

In 9th season I hope that they will work even more than in 8th. No matter of their feelings they're really great team:)

10. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Yeh, after seeing A la Cart, my perspective has changed, I think that more likely than not they are together at this point. But the breakup issue is quite a good one, because it could totally explain why I've been so confused as to why I was never quite sure whether they were together or not. I think it could be an answer, it would certainly be a reason why I've been confused as to whether or nt they're together, and from when etc, because for a while I've been, yes they are , no they aren't yes they are.

From what I gather, season 8 sounds good for Love moments, I do like the sound of Bull, a la cart is the most recent I've seen, trying to keep to one a week at the moment to stop me from not having any episodes left before the start of season 9 (I only started watching last August, and have watched seasons 1-7 from then!)

11. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ Ok, I see now. so I totally missed that , total failure as a fangirl there. Thanks for clearing that up for me. :thumbsup:

^^ I see that as a possibility as well. Although the total romantic in me wants to say no they are meant for each other and true love and such. But think if they got together in season three then broke up in the end of season seven or beginning of eight, it would explain all the confusion we have felt.

Sara's Girl- I read your fan fic you posted a link to. Loved it!! :thumbsup:

12. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I agree that they probably got together in season 3, not sure if it was before or after PWF though. As for a break up I dunno. The team split certainly would have put a strain on their relationship and it may of drove them apart for awhile but I'm on the fence as to whether they broke up. I do believe they are together now, season 8 gave us more than enough evidence (like them both having colds) and what doesn't lie?

13. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Wojo - That would be the evidence, I do believe. Do I get my cookie now? lol... rather... I'd like to spend time with the boys. hehehe.

Yeah, I'm on the fence too about a breakup. But, really, it's all subtext so that makes the lines blur just a bit to make it hard to tell sometimes.

As for Evaluation Day, yeah, totally remember that scene, and it was sooo obvious! Nicky, you couldn't have been more clear to the world! lol.

I'm still surprised that Brokeback Mountain made Hodges cry.

I don't know what made me think about this... but I actually saw a story posted with a Warrick/Greg pairing. I freaked for a moment, never having even contemplated it, really, or even seen stories listed with it. Then I read it. And please know, I have not switched sides at all. It was weird, felt like Greg was cheating on Nick, seriously. I couldn't help but think he was cheating. Nick wasn't in it, and I think I'm glad. I wonder what that would have been like? I'm not sure I want to know. lol.

Well, I'll get off that odd feeling subject and head to bed. ttyl.

14. caff

caff Dead on Arrival

What's with all this break up talk? I never thought they broke up at any point, and certainly not in s5 when Nicky was so proud of Greg for making CSI. The reason the boys had all of 3 scenes together in that season can be summed up in three little letters, but back to csi world, just because the team was split up doesn't mean they did. And again, I don't think they were ever broken up, I account the huge amount of non-love scenes in any season to those 3 little betters i mentioned earlier. If anything I think n/g have a stronger bond because of what they've been through, I never saw a rift.

15. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

3 letters? CBS? lol :p

I'm with you I'm afraid, I hate the idea they had a break up...I know I may be a hopeless romantic, but no matter. I think the shift split would have put a strain on things because they would not have had much time together but since I think they had been together at least a year by then and could have been living together, pretty serious, they would have made it work. I do hate the lack of interaction in s4 and s5 but for me s6 makes up for it ;) So yeah, I don't think they broke up. I believe!

QOTU - when did Brokeback Mountain make Hodges cry?? That, I need to see. I also read a Greg/Warrick fic out of sheer curiousity and I felt the same, it was all wrong. *shakes head* Greg belongs with Nick and there's not a lot else to it.

MsCatherineBrown - thanks so much, I'm glad you liked it! I have updated with a new one shot, but I can't link as it's NC17. Just so you know ;)

Nat x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.