The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

I don't really have a fav moment between them. There are just so many good ones! Everyone of them is good.

btw... I keep forgetting to mention that I loved all those shots of Greg from GD, those were great, and yeah, you can see his reactions, even if it's not much. I know people tell me I look like I'm gonna fall asleep when in reality I'm deep in thought over something... lol, usually something fanfic related, but still. And of course, Lady H's line applies too as already mentioned. He's in shock most of the time. But you can see the hurt and the pain too. He's an interesting character this way because most of the time he's bouncing around the lab to loud music, just being loud. But here, he's quiet. So totally opposite his usual self while everyone else was acting more like their normal selves. It just adds another side to him, and I like that. He's still a mystery. Just when you think you've got the loud annoying lab rat figured out...

And, speaking of GD... I was just watching Shacky's vid on youtube "Holding Out for a Hero" and it totally gave me a great scene idea for the end of that ep. When Nick lands on the ground right after his grave blows up, I can see Greg falling to his knees beside him without a moments hesitation, erasing all of his previous quietness(to a degree) and his holding back a little. I can see him telling Nick that he's there, that everything's gonna be ok, that sorta thing. I like that a lot better than what actually happened. And I never got the point of Nick talking to whatsherface at the end... I mean, I did, but it was just kind of a boring scene. I dunno. But something with him and the team at least, if not just showing that someone (of course we'd want Greg... DUH) taking care of him at home, that would have been real nice... yeah.

2. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I'm not sure about it too. Together or not? The specific moments from the 8th season which could say something about it (oh, and also my fave)... let me think... My memory not working very well, and many scenes are just ambiguous. I don't know why but after talk between Nick and Greg in A La Cart I thought that are together. You know, this one about Grissom and Sara. Nick shrugged and had so cute face expression, maybe in his mind were - "why you never told me about it in home?":D Just a feeling but I really like it. Second one is Bull (what a surprise;)) - at first I thought that epi is ambiguous. But now my mind is changing a little bit. Nick look at Greg with "help me" expression:D That was very intense. Everytime when I see it I just feel Nicky's embarrassment. Very cute scene and I think we can consider it as a moment where we see that they're together out of lab. That's all what I remember. Oh, of course For Gedda and all these lovely looks - I don't have here opinion. Because of this epi I have the biggest doubts. Well, it's more irrational than after serious consideration... I guess I need to watch next time this epi and think about it (it'll be hard, Love moment before Warrick's shoot:().

QOTU, few minutes and I'll find this vid. Idea is great! And yeah, that's true about Greg in GD. I watched this epi long time ago, but I remember how quiet he's there. But I still can't shake the feeling that in GD Greg should do something more, show more... but well, that epi ended and nothing will change it.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  3. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

Maybe I expected more from the look (evidence of the Love). You know what I mean? Do you think that this was part of the script?

4. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

Re Empty Eyes: I think that yes, the look was part of the script, but the writers didn't specify how to do it. I think the way Nick/Greg looked at each other was purely Eric/George. I don't know if they were trying to show that Nick and Greg were so close that they could communicate without talking (which, obviously, they can) or Nick was trying to impress the seriousness of the whole situation. Four girls brutally murdered. Or was it three? I think it was four. Anyways--I think that the look was Nick showing Greg that this was completely and utterly awful and he had to be prepared.
    Favorite Moment: Umm, mine would probably be . . . uhh . . . maybe Scuba Doobie Doo. Or Felonious Monk. Maybe Bull? Err . . . I have a lot.
    Re Lack of Playful Banter: I agree that things have lost their playfulness when Greg's in the field, but I guess it's to be expected, right? Greg's growing up, and his job is more serious. He actually deals with the death now. He actually sees the dead person, sees the carnage that happens when mankind gets out of hand. It's a sobering experience, I'm sure. There are still some playful parts, and those scenes usually brighten the whole episode.

5. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Favourite moments? There are so many, actually everytime they are together but if I had to narrow it down to a few?
    Well, definitely Scubba Doobie Doo, the way Greg inched closer and closer to Nick? So great.
    Felonious Monk for the Look of Love.
    Cats in the Cradle and the "What did I win" after the name that chemical compound game.
    The Hunger Artist for the obvious ass check. I'm still surprised that he didn't lick his lips :lol::devil:
    The "I thought we had a relationship" comment from Greg in Random Acts of Violence.
    Bad Words and the ultimate chest pat plus touch on shoulder moment.
    I Shot Sherlock, because Nick couldn't keep his hands off Greg - again.
    Poppin' Tags - THE HAIR!
    Up In Smoke
    Rashomama
    Fannysmackin'.
    Post Mortem for the way Nick looked at Greg and smoothed his tie.
    Fallen Idols because Nick so knows why Greg always tries to impress him and because of the Casanova line.

There are so many more but I stop here.

I miss their banter too. But then I guess, it's like candygirl said, they weren't together then, at least not in the first season and it was more like flirting. After they got together (around S2/3) they still flirted a lot but toned it down so no one would find out. And then of course Greg's in the field now and knows what's going on in the big bad world. Bantering may not be on his mind that often.

6. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ All of those are my favorites as well. Also the "You beeped me from across the hall?" moment. Can't remember which episode its from. Slaves of Las Vegas with the liquid latex. :)Also the very first episode theres the anal swab moment, where the flirting slowly starts. Also the diner at the end of For Gedda was really good eye contact moment. So many more as well. :thumbsup:

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

There are so many favorite moments, its hard to narrow it down but If I had to choose one then my choice would be 'Bull'. I love bull riding anyway but the episode itself was great. I loved the scene between them and Wendy, it was so funny. Greg knowing what the vibrator was for was very telling. The scene with the wedding chapel woman was great too.
    As for their banter, they don't do it nearly as much as they did in the past but they do have their moments. Like in A La Carte, and Good riddance oops I mean goodbye and good luck, and Fallen Idols.

8. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Deirdre - Shacky's actually changed her name on youtube... don't know why, but here's her new name: pyszka20. She's one of the original Love shippers and has a ton of great vids. I'm JacobGregEric on youtube, in case anyone cares.

As for the banterless Nick and Greg... well, there are several things that could contribute to this. One of them has already been mentioned, and that's Greg's official move to the field. Things are more serious now, and if they are together, they're probably keeping it under wraps. The second thing, mentioned, but not with this, is that they don't seem to have to talk in order to communicate. I just love the idea that all they need is a look to tell the other what they want to say.

I was thinking about something last night, forget what, but it reminded me of "Bull". And I began to think about what that woman said, how Bulls become gay in captivity. And, this may seem wrong, but here it is anyway. I think we all agree that everyone on graveyard is captive to their jobs, having few friends outside of work because of their crazy work hours... I'll let you put two and two together. lol. And I really didn't mean that in a bad way, to sound like they got together because of their job keeping them captive and if they hadn't been held captive they would be married with other people quite happily. Cause, of course not, they're meant to be together. I just found the whole thought a little funny. You know?

Well, that's all I've got for you at the moment. I'm off to go read more fanfic, I think, and then work on my own. Need to get stuff posted, too many plot bunnies bouncing around! GAH! lol...

9. welleg

welleg Dead on Arrival

Another good season 8 moment: Grissom's Divine Comedy.

Greg tells Warrick that he has a cold and then Nick's sneezing. One had to have gotten it from the other.

The "you beeped from across the hall" is from The Accused is Entitled. It's early season 3, I think the second episode.

Another thing that I love: in Meat Market in the scene where Greg tells Nick his deposition is postponed, Nick and Greg have very, very similar shirts on. Though in the very next scene, Nick is wearing a different shirt. The matchiness must have been too cutesy for him. And it obviously wasn't planned since Nick though Greg was going to be in court.

10. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

Ah, yeah, the cold in Grissom's Divine Comedy. Forgot about that one. I thought it was so cute how only those three characters got it . . . and we all know how Nick and Greg got sick. Greg in that scarf was absolutely adorable.
    Okay so everyone knows in Scuba Doobie Doo when Catherine is talking to Nick about Nick having a new partner, right? And Nick says the famous "leggo my greggo" line. Has anyone else noticed that in this scene Greg rushes past the window and waves at Nick, and Nick watches him go?
    I'm sorry I don't have any screen caps, but when Greggo_Obsessed and I were watching it, I saw it and we replayed it a few times just to make sure. Just wondering if anyone else caught it.

11. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

I've seen screen caps of it but I've not seen it in the show... and every time I miss it.... Yes i remember the scene, where Cath got a bit annoyed at Nick for having Greg run around doing his work, and Greg bored from doing only lab work, was excited to do something.... A challenge, bless his cotton socks... I think he said to her "our case?" thats why Cath was a bit annoyed at Nick.

"Leggo my greggo" how if thats not a hint then I dont know.

Oh and where Nick, Greg and Grissom got their colds, it was funny! We know why Nick and Greg got their colds, but why Grissom?, that hacking of his- poor man! No wonder he was at home for most of it, and yet he still had to work!

Ahhh "Bull" indeed was funny, very funny... Yet I think, correct me if im wrong love fans, that "Bull" actuarly almost said that they are a couple....

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  12. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Oh yeah! I love that bit! I wonder about it because it's quite blink-and-you-miss-it isn't it? Would you notice him if you weren't looking for him? Like I always am, lol. Subtext :D They are so flirty in this episode, it's wonderful.

I also love the one where Greg is sitting in the lab concentrating and Nick stops and looks in and then walks away with speaking to him. Why do that, if he didn't just want to look at him? Sorry if someone already said, but what epi is this? I saw it in a video yesterday, around S4 or S5 I think, judging by Greg's hair.

I also love how they communicate without words in later episodes, QOTU, because by this point they know each other so well, they share a connection. Like in Empty Eyes and Redrum, and For Gedda. I wouldn't mind if they started flirting again though, to be honest :p

Nat x

13. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Ahhh that episode... where Greg is sitting at the computer and Nick just leans in for no reason??? Hmmm i cant remember... But i'll find out and post a picture- if my photobucket is working...

Yeah, they need to be doing more than just flirting... Daiting..

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Organ Grinder (season 2)- I thought was a cute scene too, Nick looking in at Greg for no apparent reason. Although I don't think they were together then because Greg told Catherine he wanted to go out with Sara. I'm thinking they got together in season 3. Its more evidence for me that Greg is bi, and maybe he still thought Nick as a straight laced ladies man.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  15. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Redrum, I loved the subtext in that, it's like when Nick has 'taken over', he asks the others, and he doesn't even have to say anything to Greg, he just knows, and Greg's reaction is just like, 'you know I have your back and will support whatever decision you make'.

I think I'll have to go back and watch scuba doobie doo again, I must have done the blinking ;)

Empty eyes was the same, just like no verbal communication was needed, they can just understand what the other is thinking, especially in the later seasons, like season 7, whereas most of the general flirtiness/jokiness was in the earlier seasons, I don't know whether that is because they got together, or whether it coincided with Greg getting more serious when becoming a CSI. Or whether Greg getting more serious was when they got together, not when he became a CSI. I don't know what i think really. Do I make sense here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.