The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Yes, you have all hit on it. I think I made it sound like I don't want it to be cannon after all, but I do. I really do. It's just that they have to do it tastefully. GSR was better before it became cannon, because it did seem forced, and totally unnatural. If they could do The Love in a subtle way... like this, for example... have them come out to the team, but don't make a huge deal about it, then go right back to the subtext. That way we know they're together and no one can mistake the subtext as anything else. Besides, I love the subtext. I think it says a heck of a lot more than those forced scenes with Sara and Gil. And when they come out, it could be something between just Nick and Cath. I'm imagining something like this...
    Cath: "So, what are your plans now that the huge headache of a case is over?"
    Nick: "I'm actually grabbing drinks with Greg... maybe breakfast. We haven't decided whether it should be a bar or a diner yet."
    Cath: "Wait... isn't that the same thing you did with him last night? Throughout this entire case, actually?"
    Nick: *sheepishly grins* "Yeah."

That, in and of itself, is subtextual too but it doesn't come off as too strong, or forced or anything, I think. Only a few seconds worth of something on the show so it would fit in perfectly.

Ah, The Love, how it moves me... lol...

2. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

QOTU I'm with you. I would love them to become canon but only if they did it right, which I'm a little doubtful of. I loved GSR, I did, but it was so much better before it actually came out. When it was subtext, but subtext so glaring it could not be ignored (e.g. in Butterflied) but I'm not going to go on about GSR, I'm just saying. Which is why, I love your little scene QOTU :) Perfect. I'm feeling like writing a load of little subtexty scenes now, as if I don't have enough to do :rolleyes:

And hey, thanks for the promo, I could get to like having someone else pimp my fics for me...*hug* :)

Oh hey Candygirl, I love that trailer idea, it made me laugh. I think some people would be more likely to watch if there was a gay couple on the show, I agree. It would be nice not to feel ignored/to feel represented I'm sure.

Makes sense to me, Bubbles, and I suppose I forget sometimes that there are loads and loads of people out there who watch and love CSI and have no concept of ships at all, they just watch it. They are not rooting for any particular couple or looking for subtext. I was trying to explain to my friend last night and she just looked blank...she said she just watched it, didn't go into all this analysis. Oh well. I don't care, because I will love the Love, whatever happens :thumbsup:

Nat x

3. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ I love that pic! I actually put all The Love pictures I could on my iPod. If anyone finds it . . . then all they'll see is an iPod named Leonard with almost a hundred pictures of Nick/Greg.
    The look that Greg is giving Nick is kind of . . . secretive, sort of, in my opinion. It's also kind of smug. He knows the truth between him and his boy, but no one else does. That's how I read it, anyways.

^-^ If that happened on the show--I think I'd die. Honestly, I think I would go into cardiac arrest and just die. The fangirl in me would be eternally squeeing. That's absolutely perfect! It's subtle and nothing like GSR. If the writers did that, then maybe I'd have some faith in them. Till then . . . I have none.

^-^ Amen to that! I was drawn to The Love because there are so many possibilities, and many of them are awesome! So many ways they could come out to the team, so many ways they could handle their relationship. But, as you said, I will love The Love, whatever happens.

4. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

That would be amazing! And sweet and a perfect scene. I think I'd just squeee around the room too my_last_chance if that actually happened. It would be absolutely amazing. I mean that's so different to GSR and it'd be perfect for Nick/Greg

And I agree, the Love is the love and it is love and no-one can change it :D lol

5. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

This scene is awesome QOTU! That's excatly what I would love to see in the show. So my_last_chance, bubbles we can squee and die together;) (honestly I don't want to imagine my reaction - squee, cry, everything, just too much emotions in one moment). We must keep our faith, maybe one day writers will do something unexpected and spectacular.

Amen Sara's Girl, amen! And again amen! World can be close to the end but "I will always love The Love, whatever happens". That's our ship, we can't leave it when there'll be some obstacles. And I think (know) that Nick and Greg can handle a lot (like we saw) so I'm pretty sure that The Love will be always. Even writers can't destroy it...

6. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Oh I agree, the writers, the producers, the directors, can try to destroy the love... But really and truly that cant happen... Greg and Nick belong with each other, the actors know it too.:drool:

:censored:

The ship, this ship, my home... is apart of who I am... I will love Nick and Greg ( Eric and George) untill there is no more.

7. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

This ship is so strong, the writer's could try to destroy the Love in any way, and it wouldn't work. I think the fans of the Love (us lot) support the ship so much that nothing could destroy it. And even when (don't want to think about it but) CSI ends, the fanfic world would carry on.

But I don't think they will try and destroy it (she says hoping). Even giving Nick a girlfriend, we can see past that (unless something stupid happens like they have kids and get married) but that will not happen no no no.

I think we really are a big ship compared to some others, and there are lots of Love fans :)

And I agree candygirl1uk, I think the actors know it too, Nick and Greg are meant to be together.

8. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Thanks to actors no one will touch The Love;)

Greg and Nick, no matter of obstacles, will be together. No marriages, no kids, no girlfriends... when writers would do that, answer is simple, they're desperate. But no, that would never happen. The Love is too strong for them.

9. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^Me too.:lol: Subtle is the key here. With GSR I think its was kinda almost too blunt the way they made it a canon. Subtle and mystery then all of our naughty fangirl minds can fill in the blanks. QOTU it would be the best scene in the entire world. candygirl1uk and bubbles I agree that George and Eric know the chemistry they share and how its effects the show. Like we all have said before and will say again they just need to get the writers to come to there senses.

^^ Love how you stated that, so perfect. :thumbsup:

10. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

Hmm . . . just reading these responses about The Love makes me think that we are one of the most passionate ships out there. But I am probably biased towards us. Oh well.
    I agree nothing can break The Love. I'm sure everyone's heard this analogy about love in general, and I'm going to apply it to The Love (sorry if it isn't exactly right. It got sent to me in an email a long time ago and I can't remember it perfectly):
    [It's Nick's birthday and he's celebrating quietly with his boyfriend of three years. Nick's sitting on the couch and Greg is sitting beside him, his gift in a perfectly wrapped box. Greg passes the gift to Nick, a huge smile on his face]
    Nick: You didn't have to get me anything, Greg. Just having you here is the best gift I could have asked for.
    Greg: I know, but I wanted to get you something special.
    [Nick smiles and starts to unwrap the gift. In the box is a real rose and a fake rose]
    Greg: Nick, I bet you're wondering why I gave you a fake flower and a real one.
    Nick: It might've crossed my mind . . .
    Greg: (takes Nick's hands in his own) It's to show you that I will love you till the last petal falls.
    Woo! We can have a party (a squeeing kind, of course) if they [TPTB] ever did use QOTU's idea. That'd be 'mazin'!
    Bubbles- I agree! The actors know that Greg and Nick are meant to be together. End of story. It's written in the stars.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  11. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

But of course we're one of the most passionate, if not THE most passionate. Remember the song "White Flag" by Dido? I will go down with this ship, I won't put my hands up and surrender." It's all true.
    I feel like it's been awhile since I've promoted Defining Moments of The Love. Half of you are probably tired of hearing about it, but I think there are new people who haven't heard me ranting on my soap box yet. lol. The link to the wiki Defining Moments of The Love is in my sig, just click on the picture. What it's about, is fans of The Love who want to see it go cannon showing their support by being as creative as they can, writing fanfiction, making videos, art, whatever. There are rules that were created so that TPTB wouldn't get bogged down with a ton of reading or squicked out by anything, mainly because we're planning on getting as many supporters as we can, but not too many people have added their work. So, please add your work! Show your support for the boys! And of course you can make it as subtexty as you want! If someone wants, take that scene I just posted yesterday and add a little to it, make it your own. lol, I've already got six works posted there, so I'm good. I need others to join me in this venture, besides those who already have. *getting off my soap box now*

And btw, I'm glad you all loved that little impromptu scene! I definitely wanted it to be different than GSR. One of the last ones I did(posted on the wiki) someone claimed was too much like GSR, which it was, I'll admit. I guess I was looking for something more definite than subtexty, to prove that yes, they are together. But something like the Cath scene mixed with a few others would do the trick nicely, I'm thinking. lol... how about a new scene to follow up with the last one?
    Between Nick and Greg only... Nick pulls Greg aside and it doesn't matter if it's at a scene or in the lab. I see/hear Nick saying "Greg, we talked about this, remember?" That, no matter what he's referring to, sounds really personal to me. Really personal. I dunno, that line just popped into my head while I was thinking about the other. But I really don't know what he's talking about. lol. But seriously, I don't think it matters whether it's about Greg's bad habit of... *taking a wild guess* biting his finger nails... being scared of allies after Fannysmackin'... or wanting to out them to the lab... it could even work with Greg saying it to Nick to, of course.

Ah, I'm rambling. I'll stop now. I just like the thought of everyone squeeing to subtext... and dying, but not literally, cause then there wouldn't be anyone to squee at the next subtexty moment... and that would be sad. lol... yeah, really rambling. I need sleep.

but before I go... Sara's Girl - You're very welcome! You know, I started out watching the show just for the crime scenes and because of Eric. lol. He's what brought me to the show, because he became my fav actor on The Net, and when I found out he was on CSI, I had to start watching. But the only shipiness I noticed was between Cath and Gil, but it was passive, I never thought anything would happen on the show shipwise and I didn't really care that much. Then... I decided to check out the fanfic for it, figuring it would all be casefile like... and got a huge surprise when I read my first Love story. Don't remember what it was, but I was a little freaked out by it at first, but not too much. I read more, and more, and got hooked, then came up with the idea for Live and Love... wrote it, joined The Fort... and now look at me! Almost a year later, and I'm so deep into The Love, it'll take you years to dig me out! And I'll only burrow deeper if you try. lol.

I love this ship... and it's fans... best ship fans ever!

btw... before you hit the "post quick reply" button when you're submitting a post, you should highlight everything you've written in the box, right click it, and select "copy". That way, when the site says you're logged out, you can easily log back in, and simply paste your words back into the box and hit "reply". It used to be you couldn't do that, but now you can. Hope this helps! Otherwise, just write it in Word and copy and paste from there into the box. ttyl!

12. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Nice post there QOTU I couldnt have said it any better...

The love does come from the actors, they do things deliberatly.

This ship is the most passionate because this is the biggest ship between two men that there is. Slash ship for me just adds more spice more power and attraction than just a normal ship....

Nick and Greg are to me the ideal male couple, Nick the hero, Greg the observer.

Ok then love and lovettes of the board, this migh've been asked before but I thought I'd bring it up..... What is your love highlights of any season.... and pics if you can.

13. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

Last night I watched " Empty Eyes" . There was a nick & greg scene, where greg asks nick if he went upstairs yet, and Nick gave him this look (I love their unspoken communication). But I was suprised that the look that Nick gave greg wasnt more compassionate. The way I read it was "Just get up there" look. Am I wrong?? Its funny really, when Greg was in the lab the banter was more light hearted between them. And Nick was over joyed when Greg passed his proficiency test. But now that Greg is in the field it seems like Nick is withdrawing being more distant, acting more proffesional around Greg. Am I wrong??

14. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

That stare, no for me it means far more than- get up there-. For me the gaze had love, respect and a hint of "are you ready for this?"
    Thats why when Greg looked up at Nick he gave him a small nod.

Yes the banter was more light hearted but thats because they wasn't in a relationship yet, and they was still flirting.. When two people get together things do change. The chemistry however does NOT.

Nick might be acting more professional thats only because as Greg is a CSI now, they both have more to risk, than flirting with a lab tech.

That would also fit into the fact that they are so together.

15. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I totally agree (from what my drunken eyes allow me to read). In empty eyes, there is an unwritten communication there. Nick is trying to take care of Greg, and protect him from some of the things he's about to see, that look that Nick gives him is trying to convey everything in one look. It shows that he is there for him, and it's like, if you can't handle it i'll be here, but I think you can, just be prepared, kind of look. But behind everything, it's just, no matter what I'll be here.

I'm still on the fence about whether or not they are actually together, but I haven't seen all of season 8 yet. sometimes I think, oh yeh they definately are ,then other times im not so sure. I can't think of specific moments at the moment because I have too much alcohol in the system from going out, but I'm sure tomorrow I'll remember :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.