The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Totally agree (but still dreaming about point 5:rolleyes:, but ok, just go and read some fanfics, always something;)). I think it depends not only on viewers' age. We can see show in the different parts of the world and in some countries no matter of the age two gay main characters could be not accept. Of course it's not a big problem at all but it can be also consider. M_L_C, maybe in movie? It's a great idea;) But it's very far future (if it has a future).

2. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

My wishes for S9? Well, first of all I want to watch S8. But as you all said, I want more Greg, because he really deserves more screentime. Then I want Nick and Greg to work on more cases together, preferably alone, uh, maybe a murder in a quiet little town outside of Vegas, the car breaks down and there is only one hotel room left, so they have to share. Now, that would be soooooo bad:p:devil::lol:
    I hope for NO girlfriend for either of them, but if they have to go there (shudder) give Nicky a woman, not a girl.
    I also hope for some acknowledgement that they spend time outside of work together. Like they did with Danny/Flack on NY. They could be at a diner, alone of course, just chatting away, or just at the breakroom talking about a video game date. Just something small.
    With the two of them the subtext comes naturally so I'm not too concerned about a lack of it. Just let them work a lot of cases together!

3. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Exactly thats well said, I agree with you all, if CBS was gonna do it they'd do it from season one... I agree that no matter what they should at least give us some more subtextual moments, yes like being in a remote location, they're car has brokend down, their radios dont work and it'll be at least five hours till the next change of shift...

How cool would it be, so they would have to sleep somewhere in the car... or something like that.

Yes I agree something smalll, after all like you said Danny/Flack have been seen in bars, at sports events so why not our Nick and Greg?

4. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^True if CBS was gonna take that risk they would have done it right away. But come on the must be blind not to see the chemistry between the two of them. I love sub text more of that would make me happy, I love the idea of the working together would be great. The idea of them stuck in a car together for a night would be great. candygirl1uk yeah they show Danny and Flack doing stuff together outside of work all the time, like them at a basketball game together. I want Nicky and Greggo to go out to breakfast together alone or hang out together and watch the game or something. I was watching One Hit Wonder today and this scene always makes me laugh. The interaction between the boys is so funny. :lol: When Greggo says his last line in the dialog hes looking right at Nicky, makes me all sorts of naughty thoughts. :devil:

Nick
    : The semen sample I recovered is still being processed in DNA.
    Greg (walks in): Not anymore. I'm done. And no jokes about me being fast in this department. The ejaculate outside the first girl's window -- spank high. Good news: It does have DNA.
    Nick: Whose?
    Greg: I don't know. Ran it through CODIS, nothing kicked out.
    Catherine: Well, it's possible this guy's so new he doesn't even have a record.
    Greg: Well, I can tell you this about him: Really low sperm count. Sample hardly had any swimmers.
    Nick: That's probably from excessive masturbation. Guy's outpacing his ability to produce ... (he looks up and finds everyone staring at him) ... sperm.
    Warrick: You'd know it, spanky.
    Greg: Hey it could happen to anyone.

5. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

lol... I loved that conversation about the sperm... oh so funny!

*sigh* sorry I've been missing again. I guess this is how it'll be for awhile. Been busy. I have to say... remember that merman dream I had awhile back and how I said I was gonna turn it into a story? Well, it's on it's way to becoming something. I was thinking about merman Greg with human Nick in the water, and was totally getting turned on by the thought and there was no smut involved, I swear! lol. I can't wait to get it posted. But my other stuff has to be finished first!

Beyond that... read the paper today, and it's now legal in Cali for our boys to get married! Sweet, right? Now they don't have to go so far away.

Also, a comment, if you haven't done so yet, please go read Sara's Girl's story on WMTDB... you seriously won't regret it!!!

As for what I want in season 9... I want them to catch Warrick's killer and open up all this underground mob stuff that's been hidden for years. I want more Greg in scenes, lots of Nick with Greg, and alone too. I want no girlfriend for either of them.... for now, that about sums it up. I think.

It used to be an all male show, it seems weird to think of it reversing so quickly like that. Not sure how I feel about that. I kinda wish it could be a little more balanced, but whatev. I suppose it is with all the background techs and such combined with the team. I don't know. lol, doesn't help that since I'm attracted to guys, I tend to see mostly them, and concentrating on Nick and Greg for fanfic writing and evidence of cannon, doesn't help either. Ha.

I think some of you may be right though, they might never come out as a cannon couple. And maybe I've said this before or not, I don't remember. But that might be a good thing. Actually, I'm thinking that might be a really good thing. That way nothing can hurt them. Nothing can split them up. As long as there's no girls or other guys involved, you know? I think reading Sara's story is making me think this way. That, and listening to the Titanic soundtrack as background music for my merman story... not helping my mood on this subject. lol. So, as I was saying, nothing to hurt them, and in our minds, with the subtext continuing, they'll be safely together for the rest of their lives, living happily ever after. That sounds nice. Sounds real nice...

And with that, I'm off to bed. ttyl.

6. caff

caff Dead on Arrival

My s9 wishes are pretty much the same as everyone else's. I definitely want to see more Greg. His character has so much potential, not even counting the love, and they don't use him enough. Which got me thinking, so naturally I made a picspam of Greg in grave danger(for the emotions that we didn't get to see but were snuck into the background), and dang it was hard. http://fatherleary.livejournal.com/36799.html#cutid1 if anyone wants to check it out.

7. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

Uggh. I sometimes really hate this website. I had just written a nice and long reply then bam! it refreshes itself and I lose everything. Grrr. Anyways . . .
    I agree with QOTU. I'd rather not let the writers get their hands on The Love. It kind of makes me shiver, actually, thinking of them writing their scenes. To me it seems as if we know Nick and Greg better than they do! That's why I love teh fanfiction! Although I would love to see Nick and Greg get some romantic interaction on TV instead of just in my imagination. I mean, come on . . . Cath/Warrick have had their moments . . . Sara/Gris definitely have . . . and Nick/Greg get squat. Well, Nick did have some questionable romance with Kristi, but who counts her anyways? She was just a beard for an extremely confused Texan. Nothing more. I'll just stop here 'cause I'm rambling slightly.
    Caff-- I really enjoyed the picspam! In GD you don't get to see Greg's reactions very much and it was nice to have him highlighted! I totally agree with you when you said that TPTB had turned him into more of an expression actor than a talking actor.
    MsCatherineBrown-- Thanks for the dialogue there! I don't think I've ever seen that episode . . . I think I'd remember. It's nice to see Greg come to Nick's defense there, and it's nice that Nick has lots of uh . . . knowledge in different areas. *cough*
    love_fan-- I too wish that we could have some friendly moments between our boys like Danny/Flack do. I mean, come on. Nick and Greg are friends! It doesn't have to mean anything! It could just be them hanging out. Friends do that. TPTB should stop being paranoid about everyone thinking that those two are gay. So what if they are? They can still hang out as friends.

8. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I love the episode just for that scene. How great is it, Nicky talking about low sperm count and Greg defending him for knowing about it? sigh

I agree, TPTB will never make them canon, but maybe it's for the best, look at what happened with GSR (not that I ever supported it - ugh). Anyway this way we get (hopefully) a lot of meaningful subtext and they can't ruin it.

I have nothing against more women on the show ;) as long as they are not paired with our boys. I could imagine the new girl bonding with Greg (of course she has gaydar and knows instantly what's going on), maybe some playful banter. That would be cool I guess.

Caff I really like how you highlighted Greg in those screencaps. And I totally agree with you, his character gets screwed over in the show quite often. More Greg, and more Greg with Nick, that's what TPTB should do!

9. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Sometimes I think that I don't want our boys as a cannon. I know how it sounds but I'm afraid that the weight of homosexual relationship in so popular show is too big for TPTB. I can also say that would be a big responsibility. Why? 'Cause feelings between Nick and Greg are serious and it's very easy to destroy it by using, for example, dull script. If we want to see them as a cannon writers would work very hard to make it as natural as subtext. And that could be really hard. Of course maybe between writers are some Love shippers who give us subtext so my fears are unfounded... I looked ahead a little bit but I think that with more Love scenes should go also good quality (and subtext is really great, not only mixture of fun moments but also drama, angst and fear - taking all and we have PURE LOVE).

Hmm... girl with gaydar? It can make more chances for Love moments. Yeah, love_fan, that would be really cool;)

Caff, again great work! Thanks for sharing:)

10. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Hey everyone :)

Season 9 wishlist, I guess I just agree with mostly whats already been said, you know, more subtext, more scenes just the two of them, more cases together, just the usual stuff that's not too much to ask for...

I don't know what I think about the Love being Canon, I wouldn't want anything to spoil the subtext and great moments we've had, and I never was a GSR fan, but I liked (liked is a relative word here) it a lot more before they weren't 'together' on the show, because after that it seemed kind of forced. And if the Love was canon, which I don't think it ever would be, but if it was, I guess CSI would then draw in more viewers that would watch just because there's a gay couple in the show, not because it's CSI, and Nick and Greg rock and belong together, which I guess would put pressure on the show as a whole, and would further go away from the core of the show, which is of course forensics science and crime, the fantastic ships that should be i.e. the Love are extras essentially.

Does that make sense? Or did the sun get to me whilst I was on holiday and I can no longer make any sense ;)

I also realised on holiday how sad I am... Our first night (which I was jetlagged) I made us late out just because Felonism (can't spell without looking;)) Monk was on, and I just sat there watching it instead of straightening my hair, oopsy. My friend just shook his head and said 'Why do you like this episode?Or the show?' I just smiled.. :D

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  11. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

How could you not love Felonious Monk? It's a great episode and has one of my favourite N/G moments ever:
    [​IMG]
    I'll never get tired of posting this picture.

You know, I know that some people say Greg's just looking at Nick because he wanted to state that he was faster in finding out an important new clue but there is so much more than that in the way they look at each other.
    Of course Greg's happy to proof himself to Grissom and most importantly Nick, but there's some passion, dare I say, lust in his eyes.
    To me it always looked like they had been making out earlier. :devil:

I know what you mean bubbles. CSI was always about the crimes not the investigators' lives. (Unlike Miami:eek: or NY me thinks). We are given hints but not too much, so from that perspective GSR was a major mistake and should have never happened. Maybe it's better to settle for subtext and let's be honest fanfic writers are (sometimes) so much more talented than the actual writers at least concerning The Love!

12. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I never get tired of seeing that pic. I just sat staring at the TV, and holding my straighteners in the other hand, I got told I taking too long, and I was just sssshhhhhhh straightening hair.. I did get a big head shake.

But I loved it, and I've only seen that whole ep all through once before, so I just had to take a long time on my hair :D I do like how we used to see bits of personal lives here and there, and subtext between characters meant more, than say in Miami, but I don't know.

I wouldn't be unhappy if the Love was Canon lets just say that!! But I'd definately be a little apprehensive about how it could/would be written.

And I agree that some fanfics are better than storylines and writers (some are) but I guess that's just because the writer's try and satisfy all ships.

13. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

I love that episode too, the sexual chemisty between our boys is great... Yes, but thats subtext isn't it? Not everyone is meant to see it, and for us who do...we love it.

Ah i dont know, should Nick and Greg be made public??? Yes because I think that all relationships with consenting adults have a place on our TV shows.... True that if for example there was a trailer saying... "Nick Stokes, ladiesman.... IS all about to change!" OR something like that, then of course then the show would clearly be aiming at pulling more viewers in..... trying to compete with Greys Anatomy...(sp!).... However as I am an older viewer and fan of CSI does it really matter if we see gay characters as main stars who happen to be in love and are damn good forensic officers?

That look.... Greg- See, I'm good.
    Nick- I know your good, cutie!

BTW- Yes Bubbles they do indeed. Some work well, some dont...

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Thanks for that... I wrote to TPTB in order to ask for more screen time and equality for Greg and I encourage my fellow Greg fans to do the same. The more who write the more of an impact it may have.

Carol Mendelsohn (exec producer).
    c/o CSI
    100 Universal City Plaza
    Bldg. 2128 Suite B
    Universal City, CA 91608

Feel free to ask for more screen time for Nick and Greg together as well, If TPTB listens to GSR/Sara fans, maybe they might listen to us as well. Just a suggestion. Thanks

15. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ And I never get tired of looking at it. So sexy, such a intimate picture. I love how they both have their eyes closed and how close they are. :devil:

candygirl1uk- I love your idea for the trailer. I agree what does it matter I mean your sexual preference has nothing to do with how well you do your job. Its true by introducing a slash couple on the show they may be able to attract more viewers to the show. Need the writers to get with the times and bridge that gap.

Wojo- Thanks for the address I will write a letter tomorrow and mail it out ASAP. :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.