This "Spoiler Lab" Is *CLOSED For Good*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Re: Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

I also thought of a seminar or a DNA out of town type meeting or a bug convention, something along those lines, on vacation, he's not one to do that, unless Icky Ecklie forced him too, and I think Sara has suffered quite enough, and she left to take care of her "ghosts" and she should have left with some type of notification, to her superiors, but her mind was in a troubled state, and she wasn't thinking of that, I really don't think the team will be mad or angry just happy to have her around again, plus it's none of their business, unless she chooses to tell them, the writers will come up with some sort of explanation they know what their doing, that's why CSI is the #1 show around the world:bolian:

2. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

I like the idea of Greg taking issue with her for her sudden departure but with him also being sympathetic as he saw her in the locker room "loosing it". I agree too that Nick will be too torn up about Warrick.

It all should make for some great drama.....

I would like the sauspended/injured/shot option for Grissom as I reconn he will be the one to work it out. He is the main brains after all and able to think the best even under stress.

Cath & Nick will be emotionally the worst off. I also recon that there is no way Grissom would let anyone else on his team potentially get "in the line of fire" what ever form that takes, after Sara's experience.

I hope it is something where he realises it could be McKeen and nobody else does. It is time to have the old Grissom back who is ahead of the rest.

I would like to see that - Grissom being the genius and hero again like in S1-3. They all seem to have caught up in recent seasons.

3. csirocks77

csirocks77 Dead on Arrival

^ i like that!!! Greg giving her a hard time would be great cuz he liked her so much but they were alse pretty close friends. Nick is gonna be too sad to do anything... :(

Grissom leaving means wedding!!! i know is to close to warrick's death but just like what happened with nick being almost killed and warrick getting married, grissom may think of that. i don't know, this is driving me crazy i can't wait to watch the season premier!!!!

4. RocketScientist

Well said, desertwind, I agree. The writers are exceptional on that show. It is why the show is so popular.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

You mean like Buffy's friends did to her when she left after "killing" Angel/Angelus? Yeah, that'd be interesting to see, but I don't really see Greg being the one to do it. I think Greg might say something like "I really wish you had at least said goodbye to me before you left." But, I don't really see him reaming her out for it. I think that would come from either Catherine or better yet, Ecklie. I could see a scene where Sara's trying to get her job back and asking Ecklie why he won't give it to her and them him fussing at her about the way she left. That being said, I do agree that the poor girl has been through a lot. I mean, they should really cut her some slack after that whole Natalie thing. I mean, she almost died!

About Grissom leaving (for Billy to do that play or whatever), I don't see a wedding happening. I couldn't see the suspension thing either. Grissom is not exactly a hothead. He'd be a total hypocrite if he worked a case he wasn't supposed to because he fussed at Warrick for doing the same thing. So, I don't see that scenario at all. I could see McKeane thinking Grissom's working the case (just cause he might overhear him ask someone from dayshift how its going) and then McKeane trying to kill Grissom and then him being in the hospital for a while.

However, I think the most likely scenario should be something having to do with Gil's mother. We know she's alive and he knows sign language because of her... because he has to use it to communicate with her. Maybe she gets really sick or something and he goes to take care of her or to see about her.

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I agree her mind was in a troubled state and I can see the need to leave for awhile, but to not say good-bye to anyone, including the man she's lives with (besides the letter), please :rolleyes: . And nothing in the letter asking Grissom to just explain that she needed to leave and she was sorry she didn't say good-bye to any of them? This would be the time she would need her friends and her lover the most. Now granted Jorja was leaving the show, so Sara was leaving CSI regardless, but she didn't have to *Run away*. We all have "ghosts" in our lives and running away doesn't solve anything. Leaving a job because it's getting to you is one thing, but to just leave? Maybe, just leaving with a letter was a way to get back at Grissom for just leaving on his sabbatical without really telling her he was going. I mean he just goes in the locker room and tell her he's leaving, than I can see her doing that. Let Grissom know how it feels.

Nick went through something way worse then Sara did and he didn't run away or abandon his friends and he has "ghosts" too, not to mention has been through a lot more than Sara has. I'm not saying that living in a household where the mother was abused was easy and then your mother killing your father. Man, if he was that abusive, I'd be relieved he was out of my life and be there for my mother.

So I still stand by what I said, someone needs to let her know that there not happy with what she did. They could understand it, but they don't have to be happy about it. And maybe out of everyone it should be Greg as I think he was affected the most by her leaving. Come to think of it, maybe Nick would be more understanding than the rest of them seeing what he has been through, so maybe he wouldn't give her a hard time.

GregNickRyanFan, I like that scenario with Grissom and his mother. That would be a good explanation.

7. Desertwind

Its great, so many theories, views, opinions and ideas:thumbsup:, I'm also wondering how Ecklie will get involved in the investigation of 'who shot Warrick" he seems lately to run hot/cold, a hard guy to figure out, mostly he's an a..hole, but maybe this will give him a rude awakening, when it's someone in the dept. and he'll get involved in the hunt/finding out about McKeen, nasty/evil son-of a:scream:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  8. RocketScientist

Interesting,but I thought from Grissom getting her Rosary beads from his desk drawer that time when he said "they were my mother's" it sounded past tense so I took it she had passed away. But of course it does necessarily mean that. Definitely an interesting idea. Does anyone think it might appear too contrived? Don't know.

Like this. Any other suggestions?

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well, hopefully Ecklie will work on the case, but secretly have the team help him. I mean they are better CSIs than him. I think he'll step up to the plate. He did when Nick was buried alive. Of course, if Ecklie does work the case, I don't think the team will trust him to solve it. Maybe Ecklie with think something suspicious with the Undersheriff and will let the team see the evidence.

Oh, all I know is I hope it's Nick that solves the case. As much as Grissom probably will, he always does. Let someone else figure it out. Maybe have Grissom and Nick figure it out the same time. Each with different evidence that leads them to the same conclusion. However, I don't think either of them will give up until the case is solved.

Now we just need to know if they're going to drag this out the whole season or not. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Maybe for half the season, but I don't know about the whole season.

10. RocketScientist

My view of Ecklie was alway that he was basically honest just not very good as a CSI compared to the others, and he knows that. These type of people tend to be tin-pot dictators not evil. When you re-watch that last scene with McKeen - the cold look in his eyes is amazing. How do actors do that? Superbly played. But Ecklie did let Grissom see the raw test data desipte tensing his jaw at Grissom's request. I think that is an indication of Ecklie fundamentally supports his guys.

However would he support them/Grissom if he has to choose between brown-nosing to the under sheriff or giving Grissom free reign to investigate Warrick's death off the record????

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

12. RocketScientist

13. CSI Tricky

CSI Tricky Victim

Was it Strip Strangler when Grissom was suspended but secretly worked on the case with the rest of the team.

14. Desertwind

As in any company, team etc. there's always a leader/boss captain, coach well, you catch the drift, and Grissom is the leader of this ensemble, and the reason CSI works is they are all unique and different but all special in their own way, & are all spectacular, but he is the big honch on CSI[​IMG]

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

It was Strip Strangler, but Grissom wasn't suspended, he was taken of the case.

And my opinion is that Gum Drops was a much more powerful episode with Nick taking the lead than it would've with Grissom. Especially, after what Nick had been through and how he feels about crimes against kids.

Maybe what the writers need to do is really shock all of us and have Greg figure out that it was the Undersheriff. I mean as much I really want Nick to solve it, maybe we need to let Greg have a moment in the sun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.