H/Cal #5 - DuCaine...Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by SpeedsDaughter, Nov 10, 2007.

1. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Hey all! Thanks for the lovely fanfic Wolfca and MacsLovlyAngl - keepin' the DuCaine love alive ;) We've got a pretty diverse bunch in here, I have to say, even though things are quieting down a bit. (meaning, we do have a lot of different people coming through here, just not as regularly as other threads - you guys gotta come down more often! ;))

So... as for our favorite couple. I actually have to say I really liked the episode "Simple Man," as it showed how far Cal would go for H, and that H wasn't afraid to ask her for a favor - he trusted her completely. I don't think the interaction between Yelina and H at the end was supposed to be a "response" to Cal and Hagen's conversation - maybe it was just supposed to continue the theme of life being like a "road." :confused:

Anyhow - that exchange between Hagen and Cal just goes to show that Cal thnks of Horatio as more than just her boss - she acknowledges that he's walking a "lonely road" (so she must have some insight into him personally), and she admits she's walking it with him (that's a very personal comment to me - friendship or otherwise, it's something deeper than just a professional relationship.)

On another note, I never really had a problem w/the introduction of Yelina - it never negatively impacted H and Cal's relationship, and I'd say it strengthened and built on it to some extent - especially the scene in "Double Cap" where H and Cal are in the lab:

H: "Everything OK?"
    Cal: "Yea, it's fine."
    H: "You sure?"
    Cal: "Sometimes it's difficult to have family."
    H: "Sometimes it's more difficult not to."

They go on to talk about the case, and at the end H asks her who the main investigator was - and I just LOVE Cal's delivery of the line when she says "Your sister-in-law." She knows it's a tough place for him to go, and she says it w/such a sympathetic tone.

Throughout the first three seasons, we've seen that Cal's been there for H from the start - in "Grave Young Men" she answers Eric's questions about Ray Caine very honestly, but also very protectively:

Eric: Calleigh, were you here at CSI when Horatio's brother was killed?
    Calleigh: Ray? Yeah, I was new. Keeping my head down. Why do you ask?
    Eric: No reason, I just, uh ... I didn't realize his brother worked narco.
    Calleigh: Yeah. Undercover narco cop gets killed in the line of duty, might
    have been dirty - something like that.
    Eric: I didn't say that.
    Calleigh: Nobody ever does.
    Eric: Was he dirty?
    Calleigh: I don't know. I don't know what Raymond Caine was. I'm not entirely sure Horatio does, either.

The history behind H and Cal's relationship goes beyond the first season, which I always thought was key to this ship. She was there when Ray was shot - she saw what it did to Horatio. She also was the one to "close" that case in Season 2's "Big Brother", where H and Cal had a sweet exchange.

I just don't understand how TPTB can forget moments like this - wouldn't you want the two characters who've known each other the longest to at least show their affection for each other when things get bad in later seasons - draw on that early connection?? It's pretty obvious to me that Cal was somewhat smitten by H, and was willing to take the next step - it was H who was unsure and began becoming distant (esp. around Season 4). I've never seen Cal so comfortable or open to anyone - she really let her guard down w/H early on.

The bottom line is Cal is here to stay - full-time - and Horatio needs someone to love him. He needs someone who'll help bring him back to the man he used to be prior to all of this mess - bring him back to being "human," so to speak. She's strong enough to call him out, but loves him enough to do it on his terms, and do it w/compassion. EVERY time H is in trouble, Cal steps out for him, goes out on a limb, reassures him - it's obvious she's not afraid to show her affection for him (unlike she seems to be with others...)

Sorry for the long post, but I really just miss DuCaine and am hoping TPTB see "the light" and bring these two back together ASAP. You can't just pretend the first three seasons never happened. It's CANON, and so is this:

Horatio to Calleigh: "You saved me." ("Lost Son", Season 3)

Wow. I think that about says it all. Who says that to a mere co-worker? Their relationship and chemistry are undeniable - they just need a decent scene to work with! :bolian: Bring back DuCaine!!

2. Wolfca

Wolfca Prime Suspect

no problem on the fanfic, more's on its way from my friend. i feel like i took a massive risk with my DuCaine story and so far its pulled off, for now :guffaw:

DuCaine will be there forever, its the writing trying to ignore us by stopping them from having scenes together. but what happens behind the cameras?:rolleyes::lol:

TTFN - Ta ta for now:guffaw:

3. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Ducaine shagging? lol. Yall know its true.
    I hate that they do that whole thing of keeping them apart, their the two leads, H is Cal's boss, you know she's going to have to see him eventually, lol.

What do you want/think will happen this coming season?

4. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

I'll tell ya what will happen. The Group of us will be locking the writters in the Hummers:evil::evil: As we go in and take over. Writting our DuCaine scenes, full of DuCaine passion and hot, hot, love.:devil::devil:

This will be the year of DuCaine....I guarantee it:devil::evil::evil::devil:

5. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

... *thud* Oh wow LMH, you've seriously made my day three times over.

Hey y'all!!! Haven't been on in awhile, have I? Sure don't mean I've forgotten 'bout this place!

Hopefully the writer's will learn over the summer that DUCAINE is ENDGAME. And they'll make sure that happens, or we'll join a riot and write out scenes with "DuCaine passion and hot, hot, love". Ooooh man.

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

7. Hcrazy

Hcrazy Lab Technician

Hey Everyone,

I have a lot of catching up to do I know!:p Wolfca, I will get to your fic, I promise, lord knows how many times I watched your video! :lol::lol::lol: Great job again by the way!

So yes, I agree and I hope Horatio is really shot... I was actually hoping for a funeral scene!:eek: How cool would that be... but of course he is still alive;)

I can't wait for the spoilers to begin. I was told June 2 they would start filming again, so we should have some soon, unless they are really going to keep it hush, hush.

Also DC is in Rome at the moment and AR is also somewhere in Rome I believe... No, not together!:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: OMG, that was too funny!

Acutally Horatio is with Calleigh,:drool: in Rome! Hahaha:lol:

Okay I just wanted to say hi and give a big wave to everyone!:thumbsup: More manips to come soon!:drool:

TTYL,

HCrazy:cool:

8. EmeraldEyes06

EmeraldEyes06 Lab Technician

Hi all!! :) How is everyone? I just have one more exam to do next week, but I'm practically finished for the Summer!! :D No more secondary school, hello university!!! :) *waves to everyone*

CASPER!!!!! *tackles in a big hug* :D :D Oh wow, it's great to see you back!! :) And you're still sailing with us on this great ship!! :) I remember that manip of Calleigh asleep, you made that for me!! :) I remember complaining about Hagen being the finger in the picture that is Calleigh's life, and you fixed it!! :D :) Ahh, memories. :)

I'm loving all the discussion in here, you're all great to keep it going for so long. :) I managed to snag the caps of the DuCaine scene in the season finale, and it looked so cute!! Their chemistry was unbelievable!! And the fact that Calleigh was looking for Horatio earlier proves that he is top of her priority list. She needed to let him know about Ron Saris, and she let him know that she'd be there if he needed anything. That speaks volumes of how deep their connection really is. Now if TPTB would just capitalize on that, ratings would be through the roof!!
    Just to talk about potential Season 7 Horatio and Calleigh scenes, I agree completely with mjszud, and I second that toast!! :) I have a feeling that Calleigh's reaction to Horatio getting shot will make it all worth it. Besides, she was concerned for him when he was being extradited to Brazil, why can't she be distraught for him when he actually gets hurt? I can see her by his bedside, praying for him to be well again. I could see it going like the season finale of House M.D, with Lisa Cuddy staying by House's bedside at the end(which for me, as a newbie House/Cuddy shipper, was unbelievably sweet. :)) At least let Calleigh show some emotion over Horatio, the man who has been her boss, her friend and her support for so long. Well, we'll always have fanfiction if the worse should happen. :)

@ miamirocks:: I loved 'Simple Man'!! One of my favourite lines ever was the 'Lonely Road' quote, and all the scenes they shared together were brimming with chemistry. And the fact that he could rely on her to process the ballistics evidence for the case was in trial. And as well, she was able to have confidence in him, and subtlely defend him to Hagen too. It really showed how much their relationship had evolved, both professionally and personally. :) Great eppie.

HCrazy, that manip was so sweet!! :) And I managed to catch the first chapter of Wolfca's very cool, and eagerly awaited, DuCaine fic too. It's really good!!

I've so much to catch up on in H/C land, and I'm working on a new video as well. I'll let you guys know when I've posted it. :D it's set to 'The Kiss', an instrumental piece from 'The Last of the Mohicans'. I saw the movie a while back, and that song was beautiful. Very stirring. :)

And before I forget, if any of you haven't seen the new 'Dancing with the CSI Miami Stars' video, I'd highly recommend it for two reasons, actually 3 reasons:
    1. Calleigh.
    2. Horatio
    3. And a real treat... ;) Trust me, it'll knock your socks off!! (NOTE: Just ignore the second dance and you'll be grand. :)) I won't spoil it for you, but don't drink any drinks before watching to save your keyboard!! :lol:

Be back again soon!! Feels great to be posting and discussing DuCaine again!! I missed you all!
    :)

9. CSIloverZed

CSIloverZed Hit and Run

Hey peoples!!! Sorry I haven't been on in a while, my internet hasn't been working well.

Hello EmeraldEyes06,long time no see.:p

I was reading this one e-mail from a friend of mine thay's called "Written By A Guy" (it's a chain letter) and there was this one part that jumped out at me (read below)

Whatever happened to the word "handsome"/"beautiful"
    I'd be utterly stunned by a girl who greeted me
    with "Hey handsome!" instead of "Hey baby/ stud/ cutie/ sexy" or whatever else you can think of.

^^See, if you think about it, DuCaine is everywhere!!! Wolfca, can you please put out more chapter for Wolf Kiss and Leader Of The Pack, please

10. Wolfca

Wolfca Prime Suspect

Hey Peeps!

Man i've missed a bit here lol

Thanks for the comments on the fanfic people. And CSILoverZed, look out today as i'll be posting as much of it as i can before my pc completely blows up on me :guffaw:. Also my site has had a bit of a move around with more fanfic promo pics up from me and GunWolf (Writer of Leader of the Pack)

Catch ya later

11. SpeedsDaughter

I took my cue from Cal; My boy is always "handsome" to me :)

Can't wait for new eps; bring on the DuCaine goodness! Our hopes have been renewed, and the writers better put H and Cal back together. Even if it's not in a shippy manner (though I can't see how that would be avoidable...:guffaw:).

12. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

LOL! (just read EE's post) I've been in and out for a while now. Hahaha! But I'm glad that you realize that I'm here again. Yes I do remember that manip. Very fondly indeed. :D

I've been having some thoughts on what they can do to our H and C...

1. They can try and kick that bucket of keeping those two apart.
    2. They can write about something based on their friendship.
    3. It doesn't even have to be a lovey dovey scene. We just wanna see them IN A SCENE!
    4. They can make Horatio less of a robot and more of a Human. I hate Robot-H.
    5. They can stop all this high-tech stuff and return to some good ol' science and drama!
    6. They can have a tragedy strike the team. One that will bring the entire team together. Outsiders NOT included.
    7. They can get rid of the current writers and get REAL writers to write. Hopefully, they're DuCaine fans! Chaha!
    8. They can make Eric back off from H's gal! C'mon now!
    9. They can make her wear black again. With her hair down. And her glasses up. Nyehe.
    10. Or... they can just lock the two up in a room somewhere. God forbids that anyone find them too soon!!
    *runs!!*

I get like a sulky kid each time nothing happens to these two. BLEGH!

-caSper

13. Wolfca

Wolfca Prime Suspect

Hey peeps whats up?

Season 6 of Miami should be played in England about the time the USA gets season 7 yay!

for those who've read my story Wolf Kiss know that there is a sequel planned. Thank Gunwolf for twisting my arm to write it. A promo pic is n my website and here's the fanfiction Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0n6DEdAVYY

please commenteither on Youtube or my website for those who can't leave comments on youtube. cheers

DuCaine rule!!! And now howl :guffaw:

14. Wolfca

Wolfca Prime Suspect

Man its dead in here:guffaw:

Since when did Miami become a ghost town? Or are we all joining H on the ground listening for the DuCaine plane to fly in?:guffaw: *Drops to the floor to listen for it*

15. SpeedsDaughter

It's the summer hiatus, dahling. All of us DuCainers retreat to our castles and write fanfiction and make pretty manips for our couple. It's a tradition! ;)

Don't worry, we'll come back with all our pretty ficlets and piccies.