Ryan/Jon # 18: Why can't we cap our dreams?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by starzsgirl, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

When you're a little pissed you may key someone's car ,you don't plan a murder.It's just out of character since Ryan said he wouldn't ababdon the team and he knows H went to bat for him. No matter who turned him in,Ryan knows he himself was responsible for his situation.

2. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

First off, let me say I don't think Ryan is going bad. I just said there could be a reason for him to be pissed off. Everyone is saying he has no reason. Would that be enough to make him want to kill H? Well in the real world peeps kill each other everyday for less of good reasons. Lets see, Ryan had to take on crappy jobs to pay his bills, which he got behind on because he was fired. He was looked down on by everyone on the team basically for helping the defense on that one case. Since he's been back he's been giving the shitty jobs and seems like he's back on the bottom of the list on the team. Boa seems to have a little more authority then he does. Who really knows how badly being fired F'd his life up. I'm just saying it might have been a good reason to want H dead. As for it being out of his character, well what do we really know about Ryan? Not much. We know he does stupid things to get ahead. He has a temper that he can't control sometimes. Maybe he has a huge gambling debt and someone was willing to pay it off with a little help. Only ones that knows is TPTB!

3. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I agree with Sue...we don't know much about Ryan and he's snapped over the small stuff before. For all we know he has a past of fighting but went to thereby and anger management to get it under control. If he wanted to take care of someone or something he has many ties to do so.

Now I'm not saying he had a hit on H but it does seem very plausable. He did tell Calleigh he had to go take care of something, pointing that he was up to something shadey. He does have to play catch up with his bills and could still be doing side jobs which might mean doing some extra shifts and one could be undercover or playing both sides against the middle. He could very well be working on the side of the people who shot H, hence why he would be getting that text message.

And as Sue pointed out he's been placed back at the bottom and would definetly like to be back in good standing with his co-workers. hHe has an amazing work ethic and something goes about it the wrong way. In any stance we only know what we know about Ryan because of what the writers have done. Other than that it's all speculation and theories. And for all we know he could have wanted H to suffer.

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

You're right,especially when speaking of the real world.
    I had finally got my hands on the 2nd issue of the CSI magazine and they discuss the first episode Ryan appears in. It's there that you learn some of the characteristics the writers were looking for in Ryan.He was to be smart and ambitious. I swear the writers have just gotten so off the mark,and thats what I see with the "Ryan going bad" mode.I feel TPTB and writers just change the characters to fit the story now.

5. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Yes the original Ryan tptb intended was so much nicer.

But I still think tptb want us all to think Ryan was in on the hit. He probably was but I think he's not the one who ordered the hit, he's on H's side. He said he wouldn't abandon the team.

They might make him a little darker, but not to the extend on ordering a hit on H.

6. WolfeWhistle

WolfeWhistle Rookie

That's definitely possible (and a good theory). I tried sort of looking at his facial expression when he got the text. Whether it expressed "mission accomplished now that H has been shot" or "oh no, he's been shot, I better do what I need to do to help him" (you know, a sort of sympathetic/worried feeling), I'm not 100% sure, but it could very well be the second one.

Did that make any sense?
    :rolleyes:

Anyway, I sort of like the idea of him being a little bit darker (but not a traitor. Uncool...). I adore the season 3 cutie Ryan, but maybe having him continue to evolve would be good for the show and his character. I don't know, I guess we'll just have to see, if that's the case.

By the way, Twiz, your banner is awesome. Pretty much sums up what a lot of us were thinking.
    :)

7. Zelda49

Zelda49 Rookie

He nailed the acting in Nailed?!! :guffaw:

Sorry, I inherited a very dry sense of humor :p

And my two cents about the finale? I really don't know what on earth TPTB are thinking, and frankly it scares me just a little to try and crawl inside their minds to figure it out. I'm going with "they're trying to trick us...again". I'm still not over the difference between the commercials for "You May Now Kill the Bride" and what actually happened when the ep aired (with Eric & Calleigh, I mean). There have been other inconsistancies, too, between what was "supposed" to happen and what actually aired, so I'm sticking to my theory that whatever happens in s7 will be completely different than what we're being led to believe might happen.

Did that make sense? I've been tutoring 8th graders lately, and I think I might be starting to sound like them :lol:

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I think TPTB accomplished their mission. I have seen Ryan called all kinds of names on other messege boards.Many think he should be kicked off the team,etc,etc. There's no even suggesting to some posters that he was probably helping H. I really think that was the effect TPTB were after.

9. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

:lol: I did that too can came to the same conclusion as you! So it makes sense ot me.

Me too.

I thought that was an intention play of words! :lol:

Yup! Made sense to me.

That's really sad, I mean what other people think on other boards about Ryan. But you're right tptb got what they wanted.

IMO, Ryan isn't a tratior.

"Playing both sides" could mean alot of things, including the simple use of deception. I mean people do that sometimes to get that promotion or get ahead in work. It doesn't mean ordering a hit on anybody.

10. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

That's what I was thinking too. Just because someone says he's "playing both sides" doesnt necessarily mean he turned bad. He could be playing the guys that ordered the hit. He could act like he's helping them when he's really working with H to get them. That would be playing both sides right?

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Initally when I read Corey Miller's words,"playing both sides" did sound negative.The use of deception could very well be all that is going on.

12. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I agree, I highly doubt that Ryan called a hit out on his boss, let alone anyone else. But stranger things have happened.

What I do think is that Ryan has been undercover since he was allowed back on the team. He's been following leads, people, and such, which would be one reason why he's not on screen a lot, and when he got the text it was from the people he's been following. Possibly because he made it to the inner circle and knows what is going on. Ryan can be a crafty guy and if he doesn't want someone to know anything then it's going to stay quiet.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

"playing both sides" could mean the same thing as essentially as "double agent" meaning good agent pretending to be on the bad people's sides in order to get the dirt on them.

14. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

The spoiler page has something on Ryan and next season.

Seems to suggest that Ryan isn't really the bad guy and he's just helping H like we guessed. And also he isn't likely to be one of the characters who's going darker.

A relief for me. :D

15. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

I think it's kinda cool, he's one of those 'mister nice' guys and also beeing 'bad' and arrogant. this is what I like about his character. it's not all the same, as in some other characters you know what i mean?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.