Season 7 **Spoiler Lab** - Gimme More, Gimme Gimme More!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I think Ryan is only going to "appear" to go darker during the time he is helping H. Hopefully TPTB don't have Ryan behaving like a middle school teen trying to get ahead of the team. TPTB and writers need to remember that this character was working on his masters degree when he was introduced,and stop treating him like an idiot.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I hope you're right about that because if they ruin his character like that, the show would be ruined for me. They need to give poor Ryan a break. They eventually gave Warrick a break until real life got in the way. So, why can't they give Ryan a break and stop having him make dumb mistakes. It's fine for a character to have some flaws, but there comes a point where enough is just enough. He's made his mistakes and learned from them. Can we just have him move on and be the best CSI he can me? :lol: I just get so frustrated with TPTB sometimes. I hope CM was just using tricky wordplay to tease us. Maybe by "playing both sides to get ahead" he meant that Ryan would be making the bad guys think he was on their side (but was really in with H on a plan to catch them) in order to get ahead of the bad guys.

I didn't mean dark as in a bad guy. I just meant that with all he's been through, he could possibly have a breakdown and maybe make some mistakes or have some anger issues (and I couldn't blame him there). As close as H and Eric are, I could totally see Eric crossing a line regarding H's "murder" and going after Ron Saris hardcore, in revenge mode like H and he did in Brazil.

She is also very close to Horatio. If she thinks he's dead, she'll definitely suspect Ron Saris. I could see her possibly going all "Buffy" (or Xena if you prefer :lol: ) on the bad guys to get revenge on them for killing H.

I agree. Having him trying to get ahead of his teammates would make him appear petty and immature and that's just not who Ryan is.

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Horatios new name....Darth 'Hexter' Caine!:D

4. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

5. GregNickRyanFan

Hexter Caine ROTFL!

Does Dexter not come on CBS anymore?

That's a thought. I didn't think of that one. I figured CM was referring to main characters. I didn't even think about recurring ones.

Ray Jr. is still a possibility too though cause of the fact that its kind of in his blood (his dad kinda went a little to the dark side).

Maybe Natalia? I could kinda see that.

6. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Hexter Caine. Oh, god.:lol:

No, it hasn't been on.

Oh, no, not Natalia, she's just starting to come into her own as a CSI now. I wouldn't want to see her go darker, I don't think.

And the writers don't seem to want to deal with Ray Jr.. Not that he couldn't suddenly come back, though. Ya never know.

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  7. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

I think that Ryan going darker is a bit too obvious, even if it can mean that he's hiding something related to H, maybe to help him. Just an idea.

Natalia: I don't see a reason, she is doing great as a CSI now and I don't think she is the kind of person who can go darker, not now.

Calleigh: she is definitely in my list! Too much things to deal with, and if things go as I hope, she will be in charge at the beginning of the season, trying to understand who shot H. There is the kidnapping thing she has to deal with and, for what I have seen in the scene with Stetler in Down to the wire, she has a lot of anger to give vent to.

Eric: He is dealing with his own fear to make mistakes and the fact that even Calliegh think he can get wrong. But I think that if he has to go darker it will be to defend Cal, he is the only one who is deside her now.

Horatio: He is already too dark than he should be for my liking. His sense of justice has change to revenge and I don't see anything darker than that.

Kyle: I'd like to be surprised by an act of kindness from him to his father. I don't know why, maybe because H has shown from the beginning his will to be a good father for him, so I'd like to see a brighter Kyle, not darker.

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Great points everybody:thumbsup:

ok here's my opinion

Horatio: everybody knows he's one of the two going darker although, honestly, I can't find how he can be darker than right now he is. As lusiana mentioned his sense of justice changed completely..in revenge & in my opinion it's sucha a bad thing that I can't see how he is going darker.

Ryan: in my opinion he's helping H. Plus it would be stupid...he got rehired thanks to H.

Natalia: I won't take her in considereation cause honestly I can't imagine her going darker. There's practically no reason for her right now.

Eric: he's angry and, as Calleigh pointed out, he's currently making a lot of mistakes because of his brain injury. I can see him getting depressed or something like that but not going darker.

Calleigh: she had two car accidents, she was kidnapped, she was taken off a case & right when she came back she blew up her lab. All this happened in one year & she was completely isolated by her team:eek:. Nobody was there...especially her boss.
    Now, w/ H's death (let's think she doensn't know it's fake) she will be charge next year but she has a lot of things to deal w/ as lusiana mentioned. She's not in the right condition to handle the lab & the investigations on H's murder ( you can see she changed a lot after her kidnapping). In my opinion he psychological situation is pretty bad & I can see her getting angry & frustrated w/ life.
    In my opinion she's the best one to get darker. Plus it will be really refreshing for the show.

9. GregNickRyanFan

Well, "going darker" doesn't have to neccesarily mean "going bad". As far as Eric goes, with everything he's been through, I could almost see him having dark thoughts. Not dark as in "I should kill these people", but maybe dark thoughts as in suicidal thoughts... and someone will have to bring him through that.

10. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I agree. With everything that has happened/gone on with Calleigh, especially in the latter half of season 6, I could picture her to be the one to go on a downward spiral of some kind. Someone doesn't go through that much emotional and physical turmoil and come out unscathed. It would be refreshing to see the "darker" side of her in regards to the events she went through.

While going darker doesn't necessarily mean going bad or becoming an acloholic of some kind, I do think it means that the personality of the character(s) will be more emotional and haunted. Basically the "dark" we will see is the opposite of the character we see now; withdrawn, maudlin, an inner struggle of emotions maybe even a little rebelion in some way.

And I highly doubt it will be Ryan. While he might have some hidden agenda that he thinks will further his career or make up for his past mistakes...he did just get his job, which he obviously loves sooo much, back so I highly doubt he would do anything to jeopardize it. Also, it would seem really redundant for his character if he were to make the same or a similar mistake again. In other words; BORING.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  11. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I agree with Horatio going darker, hell he's been doing that for a few years now. For him it would just be a continuous downard spiral.

But I have to disagree with points you made on the other two. While I agree Eric isn't the one going "darker", he isn't "currently making a lot of mistakes". If memory serves me correctly, the last mistake was the one he made last year with the babysitter evidence. Yes, he had the cheat sheet, but as he told Calleigh, he hasn't had to use it. He goes through a methodical process...but correct me if I'm wrong, he hasn't made any mistakes since last year.

And Calleigh hasn't been isolated from the team...they have been there, at least in my opinion. When she went into the canal last year, Horatio was there. I don't remember a second car crash. When she had the gun aimed at her and a car try to run her down in SYG, while her boss wasn't there for her, Eric was. When she was kidnapped, the entire team helped find her, H, Tripp, Eric, and Ryan were there when she was found, and Eric was again there for her afterward. And when she accidentally started the lab fire, Eric was there for her again. I don't see how she's been "isolated by her team...Nobody was there...". They were all there.

I do agree she can be one to go a little "darker" given the things that have happened to her, but I seriously doubt it will happen. Although she's had a lot happen to her in the past year and a half, she's a very strong woman so while she may crack, I doubt it will be a large crack.

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well in "Ambush" Eric clarly didn't collect an important evidence for the case of Kathleynn Newberry: the towel w/ chloroform which was used by Ron Saris to kidnap her. He found it & he talked w/ Frank in that scene but when Frank found the piece of wall (I don't recall what it was) w/ blood on it Eric left that towel on the ground (they zoomed on it) and went straight to see what Frank had just noticed. Right after that dialogue they went out & Eric didn't pick up the towel. Probably it's nothing but in my opinion it was a mistake....he clearly didn't pick up that towel & it could be bacause of his memory lapses.
    Also when Calleigh talked w/ him about the cheat sheet he said he never used it...but are we sure he's telling the truth??? ( we know he can lie to her....he already lied to her more than one in Bang Bang Your Debt) Are we sure he's ok??? That's exactly the qeustion Calleigh had in that moment. We don't know if Eric is ok and cleary that cheat sheet is not a good sign.
    Because of it Dan Cooper had the brilliant idea to use it against Calleigh in her website & because of the website we all know what happened to Calleigh.
    Now his memory lapses could get people in danger as it happened w/ Calleigh. Calleigh clearly referred to her kidnapping/website stuff when she talked about him not being ok and his lapses getting people in danger.
    He clearly didn't understand it. To me it's another clue to tell he's not ok. Calleigh clearly is concerned about him because of his mistakes on field and because of his momory lapes. You can tell me everything about Eric...except "he's ok right now"

Let's go to the second part of the argument :p
    Well the second accident I was referring was exactly the one from "Stand Your Ground". I really don't know how to call it:confused:.
    In "Stand Your Gound" she was held a gun to her head, she was almost drive off & she was question by Stetler.
    As for Calleigh being isolated...who was there right after the accident??? Eric....no sign of Horatio ( he was there but honestly he could have been there or not...it would have been the same). No sign of Natalia. No sign of Ryan. No sign of Frank (same thing of Horatio). No sign of Alexx (she's the ME and she was not paged for this case???).
    Only Eric was there in the ambulance w/ her...huggin & supporting her.
    She's kidnapped....yeah the whole team finds her (thank God for this), but who brought her to home??? Eric...no sign of the team.
    She could have died if it hadn't been for her own strength & intelligience, the whole team could have lost her...and what??? Only Eric bring her at home???? No sign of Horatio, no sign of Ryan, no sign of frank, no sign of Natalia , no sign of Aexx (did she know Calleigh was kidnapped??? She had no reactions to it)
    As for the lab blowing up....well to me it is the worst exaple of team support.
    She surely wasn't alone in the whole department. Whene she blew her lab up we know that also Natalia (in my opinion also Ryan) was there. During that scene Calleigh pushed the emergency bottom. Well unless Natalia is completely deaf, I think she heard it & she knew something bad happened in that lab. But again only Eric was there to support Calleigh. Again.....no sign of H (he was the justified.....he was out of the lab), no sign of Frank (same thing of Horatio), no sign of Natalia, no sign of Ryan (where were these last two people??? Playing poker right when Calleigh blew up a lab???).
    I'm all for Eric supporting Calleigh...but come on I'm seeing Calleigh being completely isolated by the TEAM especially in s6.

Yep, Calleigh's very strong but in all honesty too many things happened to her in one year. Probably it won't be that large crack but it will be pretty serious;)

13. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I would like to see Calleigh lose it. Not to much, but just to spice things up a bit. I would like to see her yelling at someone and than storming out of the lab or something like that. That would show that she is not OK, that she is struggling with her emotions. Maybe she should go to the shrink? That would be understandable after everything that happened to her.

14. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Well like some of the TPTB say, they don't normally like to go home with their characters (The exception being Calleigh/Eric) so who's to say the whole team needs to hold hands everytime something bad happens? In my opinion, the team has shown support but I do agree in this case, there could have been a bit more from the higher-ups--Ie. Horatio. He's the supervisor afterall. He looked after Natalia's shooting situation but didn't even go over and see Calleigh in 'Stand Your Ground'. The priorities are a bit skewed.

Well, making mistakes/being okay is one thing, hallucinating is quite another. :lol: Just saying. :eek: I would have hid that too.

I think there's a strong possibility that Calleigh could be the one 'going darker' because she has been through a lot. Like Marija_Magdalena mentioned, it would be understandable to see her lose it.

Though I'd be partial to Eric as well, but to me, it might be better if he were making steps in a positive direction--to show us he's healing/getting better.

As for Horatio--ridiculous. He's gotten pretty dark, I can't see how he could possibly get darker. Try to commit suicide? :rolleyes:

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Exactly:lol:. Another way too proove he definetly isn't ok.

Oh I'd love to see Calleigh loosing it. It's time for her yell out all the emotions she went through and she kept inside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.